Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:18 PM

Help Needed To Develop A System To Monitor Data Usage By Internet Users - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help Needed To Develop A System To Monitor Data Usage By Internet Users (748 Views)

I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA / What Does It Take To Develop An Ecommerce Site Like Ebay & Amazon / How Do I Develop A Mobile Application? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Needed To Develop A System To Monitor Data Usage By Internet Users by fatezy(m): 2:18pm On Mar 13, 2010
I have a project which I have no idea on how to start but would love to do it myself. the system I am to develop is to help monitor the amount of data consumed by internet users of a camous network with the limit of 50mb per day. the system should provide a log-in screen so whenever a user opens the browser, would be required to login and shouldnt be able to open pages unless you have logged in and after the user reaches the 50mb limit, would no longer be able to access the net. I programme using .net so any help would be highly appreciated. thanks in anticipation.
Re: Help Needed To Develop A System To Monitor Data Usage By Internet Users by cyberpimp: 8:15pm On Mar 16, 2010
Is this your university project?

If so I'd suggest you look up Cacti it's an open source project that maybe useful to you.  I'm not a programmer but I use Cacti for my Corporate  customers here in the UK and it's a great tool for bandwidth graphing.

http://www.cacti.net/

I don't know how you can implement it for the project at hand but I'm sure it will be a useful resource to start with.

Good luck.
Re: Help Needed To Develop A System To Monitor Data Usage By Internet Users by cyberpimp: 8:20pm On Mar 16, 2010
Here's a related project http://oss.oetiker.ch/rrdtool/ follow the tutorial you might learn from it.
Re: Help Needed To Develop A System To Monitor Data Usage By Internet Users by fatezy(m): 10:17am On Mar 19, 2010
thanks. I'l chk them out

(1) (Reply)

Opera Editor Pls Help / Become A Computer Guru Now! / Great Opportunity For Developers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.