Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,600 members, 7,888,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:23 PM

A Good Antivirus - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / A Good Antivirus (976 Views)

How To Update Your Antivirus On A Computer Without Internet Connection / How Do I Remove NAV2004 (Norton Antivirus 2004) From My PC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Good Antivirus by adaobee(f): 12:53pm On Feb 20, 2007
please fellow naira landers, i need a good antivirus for my system, i have used mcafee, norton and bitdefender, but i had problems updating them . I would appreciate any help.
Re: A Good Antivirus by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 20, 2007
what u need 2 do is go to the websites 2 regularly download d updates.u can visit this site
majorgeeks.com.you can find uopdates for all the major vendors there. u just need a cafe with a fat connection and a flash.cheers
Re: A Good Antivirus by woleprof(m): 3:58pm On Feb 20, 2007
oyb is right. visit their websites for current updates. I use Norton, even wen im offline i can download updates to my flash and update it.
Re: A Good Antivirus by Tornadoz(m): 6:58pm On Feb 20, 2007
I prefer Kaspersky internet security. It auto updates its signatures. From all the test I've seen it comes tops. Good luck.
Re: A Good Antivirus by zPixel(m): 12:14pm On Feb 21, 2007
Stick to bitdefender. it's the best out there, even PC WORLD will tell you so. If your copy is original then it's straight forward, just click on update. But if your copy is the pirated version, check out how to update here http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB233-en--Updating-BitDefender-9.html .It's kind of tedious, but when you get use to it that's all.
Re: A Good Antivirus by agent124: 4:25am On Apr 12, 2007
When it comes to choosing an antivirus, there are many things to consider. What's your computer usage like? How frequently is it connected to the internet- mine is almost 24 hrs (not yahoo,yahoo or what they call it)? etc

Norton is hopeless. Get it out of your system as soon as you can. You'll discover your system would run boot faster and generally improve in performance. However, when uninstalling don't use any uninstaller/control panel removal tool except the free norton removal tool available from symantec. Reason is that it removes all norton files completely while the others don't like it or not.

Removing norton is the first step to progress. Why would you want to spend time in a cafe downloading a 11mb antivirus update when there are better things to do with your time. So, there are many antivirus solutions I could recommend but I think for you, Kaspersky Internet Security Suite will do.

Just go to their site and download a 22mb copy of the entire program. Install on your system and connect to the net. You'll need internet access to activate a 30 day trial license and download an antivirus database 10mb. After that, it'll update automatically. It's a superb product by the way.

Most especially, if you have access to a debit or credit card, I recommend you pay for a year/two of access. It'll do you good but like I said it depends on how much you use your pc, how precious the information you have on it and whether or not you have an internet connection.

Regards

(1) (Reply)

Asohk.com,forum For Computer Scientist / Funny Ust Scandal / Wireless Point-to-multipoint Setup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.