Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:48 AM

Do You Create Musical Beats? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Create Musical Beats? (3863 Views)

Pls I Need Help Making Musical Beats / Musical Beats Available In Hundreds / Kennis Music: Best Musical Record Label In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Create Musical Beats? by gbengaijot(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2007
This thread is for all beatmaker and beatsmith. DO you create/make beats?,
Identify yourself on here and state what type of beats you do, the software you use and other stuffss,

I am not a beatsmith, but i'd like to start something. I have just downloaded a free software called babya logic5.0 unto my PC and its cool,

So beat brothaz,, bring it on here
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by gbengaijot(m): 9:15pm On Feb 20, 2007
where are the guys who use fruity loops and Reason, Put your hands up,
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Seun(m): 12:01pm On Mar 18, 2007
Ouch, we can't seem to find any? Maybe you should use fruity loops in the title?
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by layi(m): 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2007
I use fruity loops 6, ACID Pro and Reason.
I prefer reason cos u can import midi files direct from ur keyboard and do some sh^t that makes ur output sound like live instrumentals. Fruity loops is kinda limited
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Mar 20, 2007
hey yo! i use fruity, reason, cakewalk, cubase sx and all them sh**t. i'm hip hop strictly gutter hardcore man! i'm taking tha groove back to tha mid nineties when there waz mad flava, u kno' a' mean! hardcore u could still groove to.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Douzy(m): 8:53pm On Mar 20, 2007
Tried my hands on Fruityloops sometime. Just too lazy with it. sad tongue
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2007
cry
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by hola2ng(m): 3:35pm On Mar 21, 2007
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Ka: 11:54pm On Mar 21, 2007
I don't know about being a beatmaker, but in some of my spare time, I do compose music.

I use Noteworthy Software - but it helps to understand music notation to use it.

I also use a Creative SoundBlaster Live soundcard. This lets me use SoundFonts which provide realistic sounding instruments. The nice thing about this is that there is a huge amount of SoundFonts out there which provide you with an incredible variety of sounds (and beats) to create.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Olumide7(m): 10:24am On Mar 22, 2007
Does anyone know if the track in the Styl-plus album(Mase) was produced using fruity loops because I've been trying to mimic it and it's been tough. I did 6 other tracks on the album and I got it about 92 percent right. But Mase is giving me a tough time.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by tobbyjohn(m): 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2007
well i use fruity 6 and i just came across reason in dec .iwant to ask a question why do u have to use gutter language because i find many of beatsmith cursing is it a trademark of those who are involved pls abeg mek una reduce am
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by ajayi1(m): 1:02pm On Mar 22, 2007
Everybody do great things in this thread. What happen is that I am base in Friuty Loops but someone told me that i should be using reason. I love Fruity Loop so much, I fit is posible i will send you one of my Job.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2007
babaearly:

Hey brothaz i want to open a good studio i really don't know how much to start with in nigeria? whats the cost for setting up a home studio or commercial studio? one love

any one here helping me out with any information?
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Tornadoz(m): 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2007
I have fruityloops studio bundle7, but I must advice any aspiring musician/rap artist. For serious music you need cubase, which is the industry standard.
Fruityloops is just a sequencer, i prefer Ableton live, and if you are thinking of going through the rap route, get Ableton.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Icon(m): 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2007
I used to use fruity loops but now I use reason. BTW, do you know Aaliyah's Try again produced by Timbaland can be replicated 95% in fruity loops? The only thing you might not find is the "shalow" sounding snare used by Timba.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Seun(m): 12:10am On Mar 23, 2007
Guys, about how much will it cost if one wants to create a track to accompany an original song?
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Icon(m): 12:18am On Mar 23, 2007
For me, that would depend on a number of things. But it could range from N0 to N25000
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by SEGA(m): 10:12am On Mar 23, 2007
Hi guys,

I use Fruityloops, mix meister, cooledit pro, cakewalk, Sonar, Garage band etc and have been for the past six years. I have worked with lots of studios and producers like cobhams and the rest in Nigeria and a couple of others in France. I would be willing to render any assistance to anyone who is willing to learn or trade. we once floated a network called beatworks in an alliance with some other talented beatmasters, but our environment fraustrated the efforts.

I'm looking at another opportunity of educating folks now on the recent softwares that will paint the music industry red. I currently score music soundtracks for pay TV channels, websites as well as very rich upcoming artistes. I don't come cheap due to the quality of my work as well as the time spent on perfecting the work.

Hit me back and let me know you request.

cheesy
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by ajayi1(m): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2007
@ sega, Men I will like to meet you so mail me adetiajayi05@yahoo.com, 08058508531. I have some stuff to discuss with you.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by SleekMc: 11:32pm On Mar 23, 2007
hi there,
i make use of fruityloops and its da bomb, just depends on ur creativity.
i also use acid pro and sound forge.
cool but still a small timer in beats
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by SleekMc: 11:46pm On Mar 23, 2007
hey hi there,
this is a forum where starters in music production can actually get first class tutorials and information on how to
master fruity loops.
please experienced users of fruity loops needed on this forum.
lets tap a little bit of your knowledge
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by Tornadoz(m): 5:49am On Mar 24, 2007
Seun:

Guys, about how much will it cost if one wants to create a track to accompany an original song?
@Seun
I hope someone here can help you, mine is strictly for fun.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by 9ja4eva: 6:17am On Mar 24, 2007
Yeap i do with fruityloops.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by SEGA(m): 11:13am On Mar 24, 2007
Hey Guys,
why don't we organise an exhibition of Beatworks? featuring various talents in the industry a least let us know each other, the pros and the upcoming. this will do us a lot of good in developing the industry. At least we can get to invite the likes of timberland and co someday to see what we have made out of their influence here in Africa.

I await your response meen, it's time we wake up.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by nanaboi(m): 5:41pm On Mar 24, 2007
I use Fruity Loops 6. I do some kool stuff.
Recently, I learnt Cubase and Reason from my producer (Yeah, I sing); but I still need a lot of practice. The problem is that my computer is down so I've been unproductive for a long while now.

Ehe, b4 I 4get, I NEED A SINGER-FRIEND. I've got some already, but I need mo. kool_like_water@yahoo.com if there's any in here.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by nanaboi(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2007
About an exhibition, I was thinking of a TV Reality kind of thing where producers assemble and make beats - sometimes, they are given a set theme/song; some other times, they are allowed to make choice beat - freestyle.

Then in the course, they'll get to meet professionals like Cobhams, OJB, perhaps our friend here - SEGA.

I believe it will be a good xposure.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by turl(m): 6:29pm On Mar 24, 2007
i did something on youtube, people say its hot, its a remake of t.i's 'what you know', its was stressfull but i'm really proud of it, d
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7QGu9M04hU u can get me at kesspaulsquare@hotmail.com wink
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by 9ja4eva: 8:49pm On Mar 24, 2007
Nice beat.You tried oh
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by splurge(f): 11:28pm On Mar 25, 2007
no females! where we at? i'm interested in creating my own beats only i'd add rock to d hip hop. wot d'u fnk?
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by ajayi1(m): 5:03pm On Mar 26, 2007
Most people here use fruity-loops, Why now? Let everyone of you put there sample beat here and proof it.
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by SEGA(m): 8:44pm On Mar 26, 2007
Guys,
Let me see the hands of all in favour of a reality show or exhibition soonest, when I get back, I'll like to make a decision on this, seun, kindly moderate this if you think it is worth it at all si vous plaus
Re: Do You Create Musical Beats? by layi(m): 11:55pm On Mar 26, 2007
@sega
Did u work wit Questionmark? I asked cos of ur cobham/FRance (asa) cponnection.

Any can u email me ur contacts. I need u to produce some tracks for me. I'm a producer as well but not pro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akon Latest Album What Do You Think. / Lord Paper - Call On Me Ft Mr Eazi Lyrics / Download DJ Ecool Ft. Davido – Ada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.