Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,498 members, 7,892,040 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:16 AM

Do Nigerians Know What They Want Of The Government. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Nigerians Know What They Want Of The Government. (554 Views)

Ejigbo In Lagos: A Town Abandoned By The Government. / I know what pained the people - Jonathan / I'd Give Anything To Know What Osinbajo's Wife Told Aisha Buhari In This Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Know What They Want Of The Government. by Afam4eva(m): 5:57pm On Mar 13, 2010
I've noticed a trend in the way nigerian rate a government. Why is it that Nigerians always judge a government by the physical beauty they provide. For example every state government wants to make their state look like New york, Miami, Chicago, London. While there's nothing wrong with that but i don't think that's a piority. They always forget that Nigeria is a third world country and the basic things that people need are hospitals, good schools, jobs and not planting green grass and flower.

To buttress my point let me use Calabar and Lagos as a case in point. Donald duke is seen as one of the best governors ever to come out of Nigeria. why ? Because he made calabar the most beautiful city in Nigeria but the average cross-riverian is poverty stricken, disease ridden and jobless.

As for lagos, it's get to my bone marrow when i hear people say that fashola is God sent. Tell me one thing that fashola has done that has impacted possitively in the lives of the average Lagosian. Lagosians are poorer nthan they were and he successfully succeeded in puting more people in poverty by destroying their only means of livelyhood all in the name of planting flower. I've also come to notice that most people that think fashola is working are the wealthy.
Re: Do Nigerians Know What They Want Of The Government. by mamagee3(f): 7:15pm On Mar 13, 2010
The Government is stealing the people's money instead of using it to repair damaged roads. . .
And it's either the money is used for the right reasons or it's returned back.

(1) (Reply)

Bali Berates Jos Goc / Dilapidating Niger Delta. Appalling? / Nigeria's Natural Disaster Is Her Backward Ethnic Group!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.