Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,401 members, 7,881,462 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:16 PM

Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) (80588 Views)

David Ibiyeomie Builds Home For The Elderly In Rivers State (Photos) / Pastor David Ibiyeomie Gets A Car As 55th Birthday Gift (Photos) / David Ibiyeomie Welcomed By Female Church Members In Uniform (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2017
umama23:

That Christians are no longer under the law does not mean that you should live out the law or not obey the law. You need to understand that there is difference between living under the law and living in accordance to the law.

I hope you keep all the laws?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by ernieboy(m): 11:26pm On Oct 20, 2017
I don't get why a lot of people carry matters that do not concern them on their heads, here are the salient points as far as am concerned:
1. the pastor did not buy the jet with your money, neither did he use public funds.
2. the people that financed the private jet via their tithe and offering are not complaining.
3. ironically a lot of these critics would argue in favour of politicians who steal public funds.
4. if u don't wanna finance a pastor's private jet don't go to his church, nobody forced u to become a member of any church.

1 Like

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by ashjay001(m): 11:27pm On Oct 20, 2017
DozieInc:

Hater, love yourself.

Hater ke! Olorun maje?! grin

But, from my understanding of xtianity, no good xtian should live a life of extravagant opulence!?

U cant serve God n mammon!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
umama23:

What do you mean by Jesus fulfilled the law?

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. (Romans 10:4)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by Josh121(m): 11:31pm On Oct 20, 2017
Daeylar:
As if he's doing it with his own money,
Abi them no dey give tithe and offering for that church again? + all the gifts (including monetary gifts) he must be recieving,

Abeg talk another thing

Can you call the church line so you know is money is not church money, he is a business man aside ministry please you people should watch before typing
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by umama23(f): 11:32pm On Oct 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

“These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you, that everything written about me in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms must be fulfilled.” (Luke 24:44)

Pls read that in another translation, your interpretation of that verse needs to be reviewed.

He said he has come to fulfil the law that are written about him and not all the law

Mathew 5:17

Kjv

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

NIV

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 11:33pm On Oct 20, 2017
davidsthe:

Cc oyeludef

To begin with Moses was a Levite, his father Amram was levite and so was Aaron his brother and Miriam his sister double check your fact before you come public with it there are vast no of audience some of which you have a tendency to mislead some which will only have an impression of you. Having said that tithing preceded the law (father Abraham paid tithe) long before the law was given to Moses. An "abolishing" of the law does not abolish tithing (cos it wasn't in the law package') in the first place STUDY follow not popular opinions cc emeka1million

If tithing was not part of the Law, then what was it? You are the one misleading gullible folks. I am sure you are either one of the thieving con men, a family member or some other beneficiary of the awoof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by boringnigerian: 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
phameous:

millions of people, home and abroad(including me) especially those whom he has touched their lives one way or the other and impacted give him freewill offering. he doesnt have to beg.
numerous companies place him on salary, some on a yearly pay even witout his prior notice. he doesnt have to beg.

even non.members out of their own freewill gives him... he doesnt have to beg.

Okay o. Your money, your choice.
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by Josh121(m): 11:38pm On Oct 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes. (Romans 10:4)

Are you telling me the new testament say the should pay tithe? When Jesus was tempted please where did he get is quotations that says it was written? Was it from the old testament you count the law?
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by eenya00: 11:38pm On Oct 20, 2017
Who Is Counting Down With Me To D Big Day 55 No Be Joke. Living Legend

1 Like

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by umama23(f): 11:39pm On Oct 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

If tithing was not part of the Law, then what was it? You are the one misleading gullible folks. I am sure you are either one of the thieving con men, a family member or some other beneficiary of the awoof.

Tithing was before the law, Abraham gave tithe before the law was given
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by khristal87(m): 11:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
No wonder, papa dis, papa dt, they re all after the gifts
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by DozieInc(m): 11:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
ashjay001:

Hater ke! Olorun maje?! grin

But, from my understanding of xtianity, no good xtian should live a life of extravagant opulence!?

U cant serve God n mammon!

Money answereth all things.
The LOVE of money is the root of all evil... spot the difference.

Our God is a God of abundance.

Zach 1:17 My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad;

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

1 Like

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by Josh121(m): 11:40pm On Oct 20, 2017
eenya00:
Here with you

1 Like

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by DozieInc(m): 11:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
eenya00:

Right here with you.
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by Josh121(m): 11:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
So much love sir

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 11:44pm On Oct 20, 2017
umama23:

Pls read that in another translation, your interpretation of that verse needs to be reviewed.

He said he has come to fulfil the law that are written about him and not all the law

Mathew 5:17

Kjv

Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

NIV

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them.

You are getting it messed up and it is not good for you. Check the verse I provided and mark the word righteousness

Before Christ, the Law was a contractual instrument by which men could temporarily save themselves. The contract was between God and His chosen people. Obey me and I will bless you; disobey me and I would ravage you. The Law was bondage and it carried curses. When Jesus died, he fulfilled the Law on our behalf, taking all the curses and bondage associated with it and ushering in the New Covenant prophesied by the prophets. The New Covenant is a liberating instrument. It is no longer based on the conditional love of the Old Testament but on the unconditional love of the New Testament. Now, we are no longer forced to love God in exchange for blessings but to be loved by God.
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 11:46pm On Oct 20, 2017
umama23:

Tithing was before the law, Abraham gave tithe before the law was given
To whom did Abraham give tithe?
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 11:47pm On Oct 20, 2017
Josh121:

Are you telling me the new testament say the should pay tithe? When Jesus was tempted please where did he get is quotations that says it was written? Was it from the old testament you count the law?

I don't understand your question

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by Josh121(m): 11:48pm On Oct 20, 2017
BluntBoy:

You are getting it messed up and it is not good for you. Check the verse I provided and mark the word righteousness

Before Christ, the Law was a contractual instrument by which men could temporarily save themselves. The contract was between God and His chosen people. Obey me and I will bless you; disobey me and I would ravage you. The Law was bondage and it carried curses. When Jesus died, he fulfilled the Law in our behalf, taking all the curses and bondage associated with it and ushering in the New Covenant prophesied by the prophets. The New Covenant is a liberating instrument. It is no longer based on the conditional love of the Old Testament but on the unconditional love of them New Testament. Now, we are no longer forced to love God in exchange for blessings but to be loved by God.

Have you read a place in the bible that says he honour is word more than is name, if you have. I have one question, did God change is word
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by ashjay001(m): 11:50pm On Oct 20, 2017
DozieInc:

Money answereth all things.
The LOVE of money is the root of all evil... spot the difference.

Our God is a God of abundance.

Zach 1:17 My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad;

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

Galatians 5:16-17

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2017
Josh121:

Have you read a place in the bible that says he honour is word more than is name, if you have. I have one question, did God change is word

No, He didn't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by umama23(f): 12:02am On Oct 21, 2017
BluntBoy:

Before Christ, the Law was a contractual instrument by which men could temporarily save themselves. The contract was between God and His chosen people. Obey me and I will bless you; disobey me and I would ravage you. The Law was bondage and it carried curses. When Jesus died, he fulfilled the Law on our behalf, taking all the curses and bondage associated with it and ushering in the New Covenant prophesied by the prophets. The New Covenant is a liberating instrument. It is no longer based on the conditional love of the Old Testament but on the unconditional love of the New Testament. Now, we are no longer forced to love God in exchange for blessings but to be loved by God.

He died to save us from our sin. he only reconcile us to God, he broke the wall of separation between God and man. Man still have to fulfil the law by walking in the spirit. when you walk in the spirit or walk in love you will ultimately fulfil the law.

1 jh 5:3

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

REV 22:10 - 12
10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Verse 12 says to give to every man according his WORK

1 Like

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by Donjazzy12(m): 12:05am On Oct 21, 2017
BluntBoy:

So, your pastor's offering can buy them?

Calm down and listen to me. Stop glorifying a man like you. Other people contributed to those bags and you want to give all the credits to your pastor. If he is so generous, why didn't he ask that the jet be sold and the money given to the poor.

Would Jesus or any of the Apostles or Early Church leaders have accepted such an expensive gift when billions are suffering all over the world? You want us to see the good works of your pastor as if only his money went into it. I am even sure that he didn't even contribute one kobo to the purchase of those bags.

Chief critic, the real question is what have you or your own pastor done for anybody? Every money in circulation in the world comes from a source. People use money to pay for services, spiritual or physical. People were not forced to give those monies, they gave willingly because of the blessings they were getting under his anointing.
As far as I am concerned, he deserves even more than a private jet.
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 12:08am On Oct 21, 2017
umama23:

He died to save us from our sin. he only reconcile us to God, he broke the wall of separation between God and man. Man still have to fulfil the law by walking in the spirit. when you walk in the spirit or walk in love you will ultimately fulfil the law.

1 jh 5:3

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

REV 22:10 - 12
10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.
11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Verse 12 says to give to every man according his WORK

And what was the commandment?

"If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. (John 15:10-12)

1 Like

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by Onyekasuperkid(m): 12:09am On Oct 21, 2017
Pls stop glorifying mere man like you,those items or social amenities are not from his pockets.So stop appraisal

1 Like

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by ShootThemAll(f): 12:10am On Oct 21, 2017
Church business!!! Business centers in Falana's voice. Is it because of OPM and my Daddyfreeze that's why you are posting old pictures of him doing charity or he is giving cars to his fellow yahoo pastors in his church? Lie Mohammed is better than you for you to say that his church members bought him a private jet. Pastor Ibiyeome controls every single penny of the money and its confidential. Without tithing alone not offering o, He will stop ministering. 99% of pastors in Nigeria are ministering because of tithing (10%) and material things which are all VANITY!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by ShootThemAll(f): 12:11am On Oct 21, 2017
Pastor Ibiyeome is a yahoo Pastor!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by umama23(f): 12:15am On Oct 21, 2017
BluntBoy:

To whom did Abraham give tithe?

Pls do your personal study and respect other's belief. I stop tithing at a time because things were difficult couple with the fact that I wasn't really seeing the benefit in my life. So one day, I pick up my bible and my concordance read through every chapter that tithe, tithes and tithing could be found and I then concluded on given tithe with a better understanding.

I seriously don't care how it is used because my major concern is fulfilling all righteous like Jesus did.
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by DozieInc(m): 12:17am On Oct 21, 2017
ashjay001:

Galatians 5:16-17

16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.
17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever you want.

Are you equating prosperity to cardinality??
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by DozieInc(m): 12:18am On Oct 21, 2017
ShootThemAll:
Pastor Ibiyeome is a yahoo Pastor!!

Gibberish.
Re: Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) by BluntBoy(m): 12:20am On Oct 21, 2017
umama23:

Pls do your personal study and respect other's belief. I stop tithing at a time because things were difficult couple with the fact that I wasn't really seeing the benefit in my life. So one day, I pick up my bible and my concordance read through every chapter that tithe, tithes and tithing could be found and I then concluded on given tithe with a better understanding.

I seriously don't care how it is used because my major concern is fulfilling all righteous like Jesus did.

I never said we should not tithe. But tithing according to the Law (defined by compulsion) is not for Christians. You cannot keep one aspect of the Law and neglect the others. There are more than 600 laws but you only keep one. And even that one is not kept properly.

I cannot respect people's opinions on tithing with compulsion because the Bible makes it clear that we should be accountable to one another. This idea of minding your business in the body of Christ is unbiblical.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / Prophet Odumeje: Native Doctor Performs Rituals Against Chukwuemeka Ohanemere / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.