Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:04 AM

Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? (783 Views)

Ministerial List: Seun Kuti Says He Has Lost Hope On Buhari Administration / Personal Opinion. Igbos Do Not Have Any Reason To Support Jonathan / Nigeria @ 51: Any Reason To Celebrate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by CGKing(m): 12:59am On Mar 14, 2010
Dont yell at what am about say, its just a thought that has been on my mind since the beginning of the year.

It seems our country is deteriorating pretty fast and each new day brings one new nonsense to threaten ones hopes. At this time of world history there is no constant power supply, too many fuel issues, no good security, people are fired at anytime, trouble in the banking sector, constant assasinations, incompetent police, a misdirected army, rumours of coup, bad roads, sick presidency,, and it keeps getting worse. Nothing is working in this country. To top it all up, Nigeria has been added to the US terror watch list and is listed as a failed state. Still yet it looks like those in the realms of affairs are not ready to wake up. All the above can be summarised to this: Nigeria is a failed state which means the nation is at the brink of collapse and that will lead to war.

My question is this: Do you think this country will ever turn around? Is there anything we can hold on to as a reason to hope? Im trying to invest in a new opportunity but it seems a thought is telling me to commit my resources to relocating my family out of this country. Is this a wise thought, or am I just scared for nothing?
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by iice(f): 7:11am On Mar 15, 2010
Hmmm
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by Dolemite(f): 2:48pm On Mar 15, 2010
CGKing:

Dont yell at what am about say, its just a thought that has been on my mind since the beginning of the year.

It seems our country is deteriorating pretty fast and each new day brings one new nonsense to threaten ones hopes. At this time of world history there is no constant power supply, too many fuel issues, no good security, people are fired at anytime, trouble in the banking sector, constant assasinations, incompetent police, a misdirected army, rumours of coup, bad roads, sick presidency,, and it keeps getting worse. Nothing is working in this country. To top it all up, Nigeria has been added to the US terror watch list and is listed as a failed state. Still yet it looks like those in the realms of affairs are not ready to wake up. All the above can be summarised to this: Nigeria is a failed state which means the nation is at the brink of collapse and that will lead to war.

My question is this: Do you think this country will ever turn around? Is there anything we can hold on to as a reason to hope? Im trying to invest in a new opportunity but it seems a thought is telling me to commit my resources to relocating my family out of this country. Is this a wise thought, or am I just scared for nothing?
Everything looks terrible when you concerntrate on the negatives of a country, every contry has positives and negatives, take America for example; said to be only one terrorist attack away from an economic meltdown, level of crime is extremely high - especially murder, number of gangs are plenty, a country where you're judged on the color of your skin, crappy healthcare service, but it's a great country right?

Nigeria maybe a failed state, but we always find a way of getting through it as a people together, just don't dwell on the negatives.
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by jaybee3(m): 2:50pm On Mar 15, 2010
why live then if u av such question clouding your mind?
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by tayoast(m): 11:33pm On Mar 15, 2010
Dolemite:

Everything looks terrible when you concerntrate on the negatives of a country, every contry has positives and negatives, take America for example; said to be only one terrorist attack away from an economic meltdown, level of crime is extremely high - especially murder, number of gangs are plenty, a country where you're judged on the color of your skin, crappy healthcare service, but it's a great country right?

Nigeria maybe a failed state, but we always find a way of getting through it as a people together, just don't dwell on the negatives.

but hopes r fading pretty fast.
lot of us r at home!!!
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by CGKing(m): 12:31am On Mar 22, 2010
Dolemite:

Gimme one positive to dwell on.
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by Dominoifet(m): 2:09pm On Mar 22, 2010
@CGKing

Well there is no reason for u to b afraid of the whole thing about Nigeria. The world itself is a failed ball, tossed up and down the universe. Check this: during the potatoe famine in Ireland, pple gave up there wives to neighbours to be slept with in exchange for potatoes. Also check this in Isreal during the reign of kings there was famine in the land so much so that pple began to eat there children. I don't think any of this has happenned yet in Naija or around u. If u r going thru joblessness or any other thing, all u need do is keep ur head up, don't look down cos if u look down u'll enter d ground. But if u keep ur head up u will fly above the situation one day. Cheers.

One thing to dwell on CG- u still have a prick so go poke
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by dani1luv: 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2010
Moved 2 Politics Section
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by OAM4J: 5:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
The 'never say die' Nigeria faith in me, makes me believe there is hope. It is not over till it is over.

It is either a good leader comes around and Nigeria changes for good. Or it gets worse and everything collapse foe a new beggining. Either way there is hope.
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by chosen04(f): 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2010
OAM4J:

The 'never say die' Nigeria faith in me, makes me believe there is hope. It is not over till it is over.
It is either a good leader comes around and Nigeria changes for good. Or it gets worse and everything collapse foe a new beggining. Either way there is hope.

I can now understand why Jesus Wept!
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by OAM4J: 6:10pm On Mar 22, 2010
chosen04:

I can now understand why Jesus Wept!

lol,

Chosen04, it can get so bad and Biafra is declared, that is hope.

I just hope if that happens, i can count on you for invitation letter to get visiting visa to visit biafra. lol.
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by chosen04(f): 6:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
OAM4J:

lol,

Chosen04, it can get so bad and Biafra is declared, that is hope.

I just hope if that happens, i can count on you for invitation letter to get visiting visa to visit biafra. lol.

OAM4J, Hope to me is:-

"It is better that we move slightly apart and survive, It is much worse that we move closer and perish in the resultant collision".

Dont worry, we will still be 2gther, thus, no need for invitation letter/Visa====LOL
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by OAM4J: 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^ Any peaceful arrangement, that will not require the sacrifice of lifes and separate me from my other ethnic friends and relatives i have known over time is ok by me.

And I sincerely hope for this.
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by marvix(m): 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
Why not? There is hope and Nigeria is not a failed state. Some failed states even enjoy power 24/7 and having power does deliver u from being failed, at lest we still hav a govt in place in charge of everything within the boundary, so don't let ur probs weigh u down I hav sin d light @ d end of d tunnel u just look up.
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by CGKing(m): 10:42pm On Mar 22, 2010
marvix:

Why not? There is hope and Nigeria is not a failed state. Some failed states even enjoy power 24/7 and having power does deliver u from being failed,
Are you talking about the same nigeria or did u just wake up from a long sleep? Be realistic

at lest we still hav a govt in place in charge of everything within the boundary
You have a govt in charge of what within what?

so don't let your probs weigh u down
i never said i had problems, you are not paying attention. What could wiegh folks are challenges of inconsistent power supply, fuel hike and constantly recurring scarcity, bad roads, traffic situations, , plus the fact that its not getting better. Nigerians are getting totally fed up and the country seems to be edging towards a major conflict with each incidence.

I hav sin d light @ d end of d tunnel u just look up.
Which light did you see?
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by tayoast(m): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2010
CGKing:

Which light did you see?

Halogen Lamp. . . lol cheesy
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by marvix(m): 11:08pm On Mar 22, 2010
Quote from CGking
What could wiegh folks are challenges of inconsistent power supply, fuel  hike and constantly recurring scarcity, bad roads, traffic situations, ,  plus the fact that its not getting better. Nigerians are getting totally fed up and the country seems to be edging towards a major conflict with each incidence.

When was d last fuel hike in this country at least officially? When was the last time a leader or ruler in this country make a promise and kept it? Rememba dat Yaradua on resumption promised that he would never increase the price except labour and other unions had agreed and since 2007 to date d only price movement oficially in fuel had been downwards and you are still looking for the light.
The benin-lagos expressway is it worse off now, or better, lagos roads are they better, the east west road has work being abandoned or is the work not progressing even the abuja down to lagos road is not too bad, so why should we only complain at least look @ some bright side and dat is when u have hope. People in lagos hav been complainin that their light from PHCN has refused to go off for abt 3days to a week, in Abuja wen I was there d light was relatively stable at least on d average I had light for 18hrs a day, when I visited abeokuta at least there was no day I didn't get light, and in PH though I don't have light now my light has been relatively stable so I choose to look @ my glass as mayb 1quarters full instead of 3quarters empty and I thank God for hope.
The Nigerdelta is no longer as hot as it was, the exmilitants can come out to protest and d govt listens and we hav not resorted to war or further bloodshed, yes Jos crisis has been terrible, but it was this same country that had the Ife/Modakeke crisis, Ijaw/Itshekiri crisis, Militants/JTF war, and a whole lot of numerous crisis runin @ d same time yet we survived it all.
Y should I believe that I have no hope or this country has no hope, will I be happier if I feel my country is hopeless, please if u can't c d light u are worse off than those who have never seen PHCN light because u are spiritually and intelectually blind
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by CGKing(m): 12:03am On Mar 24, 2010
It ll be hard to engage u in any sensible discussion because you seem to be some daft 10 yr old. When you come to a discussion forum like this, ngage ppl with the intent to find out things you may hav not tot of instead exerting yourself over simple thoughts.

There is nothing intelectual about what uv said here so far, u simply pointed out ur observation and your spirituality is obviously misguided.
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by marvix(m): 12:08am On Mar 24, 2010
@CG u are a misguided idiot who has nothing to offer his country but despair. What do u achieve in spreading doom and gloom abt this country or are u saying there is no reason to hope in this country. Hisses
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by CGKing(m): 12:22am On Mar 24, 2010
You are the idiot, idiiot, i never said there wasnt any reason, I asked a queston. Hope is becoming hard these days. One man who may have a lot to offer this country sadly cant do anything alone. So if u dont understand exactly where im coming from, just say nothing, Mr spirtual intelect.
Re: Nigeria: Is There Any Reason For Hope? by Kobojunkie: 1:30am On Mar 24, 2010
I see this @Marvix element is here again with his WARPED reasoning. lol .

@Poster, ofcourse there is hope and the reason is we have 150 million Nigerians. There is the potential that someday soon, about 1 million of then will wake up to understand why the Nigerian reality is not reason enough to stand up and fight for better life for all.

(1) (Reply)

Yar'adua Addressing The Nation On Nta Now,dora Arrested: / Senate Muzzles Opposition To Yerima’s Marriage ! / Bankole Gets Death Threat - Prepare Your Will Now (07039828940)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.