Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,992 members, 7,931,402 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:29 AM

The Problem With Nigeria: Case Study of Seun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Problem With Nigeria: Case Study of Seun (877 Views)

Boring Biafra! - A Case Study Of Biafra Town , Biafra Republic And Ala Biafra / Agonies Of Inec Adhoc Staffs:a Case Study Of Eboyi State. / A Court Rule On Biafra Vs Nigeria Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

The Problem With Nigeria: Case Study of Seun by Justcash(m): 8:19am On Mar 14, 2010
Nigeria is a country that is naturally meant to be successful. This is due to the abundance of human, intellectual and natural resources. When one looks at the possibility of utilising our huge domestic consumption ability, adequate intellectual base both home and abroad, abundant human resources, diverse natural resources to make Nigeria relevant not only in Africa, but in the World, it becomes pertinent to ask what is wrong with Nigeria.
Nigeria is a country that has a national question that can be easily answered, yet is over-looked because of a strange struggle to keep the country as one. How united can a country be when Ethno-religiouse crisis is unavoidable? When nationals of a country takes offence eachtime their fellow nationals comes to live with them? When Nigerians can slaughter themselves with so much will and happiness to prove a point? What is the use of being a Nigerian when you are scared of going to other parts of the country to avoid being slaughtered.
It is important that We understand that Unity is not by force! We cannot be one if it is not natural that we are one.
Seun seem very enthusiastic in his fight to keep Nigeria one. He mentions "peace" at every point and tries to justify why Nigeria needs to be one. However, I have noticed that he has always been on the losing end. He shouts "peace and Unity!", yet Nigerian Women and children are brutally murdered in villages across the country by Nigerians! What sort of peace and Unity is that? He stands and condemns division yet Nigerians find it hard to accept a permanent residence of Nigerians from other ethnic groups in their abode! Seun went to the extent of manupulating a thread to try to decieve Nigerians into taking the cowardly path that he has decided to follow. What is the point of Shouting that it will be well when for over 40 yrs it has never been well for once?
Change comes in different forms. First a peaceful means is chosen, then when it fails a violent means is used. It happened in France.  Nigeria does not need a simple Change.  She needs a revolution. You cannot ensure that type of change without deaths! It is clear that Nigerians cannot come together in a revolution to ensure Change. ethnic bias and sabotage will be the order of the day. History has shown us that. So it is important for every ethnic group to seek for a way to salvage themselves from the shackles of the mistake called Nigeria. Violently or Peacefully.
Seun is scared of fighting and dying for a change that can strengthen Nigeria's unity. He prefers to live in Nigeria as it is now. The backwardness of Nigeria is not a problem to him. He is scared of the dissolution of Nigeria! At one point he said that "Let the division of Nigeria not be by our (Nigerians) hands" The question is who will do it for us?
It has been proven that it is easy for a more homogeneous group to exist peacefully and in brotherhood, which is a pre-requisite for a needed development to take place. You cannot tell me that Alao Akala can raise his head in an Oduduwa republic, when the region will be struggling to develop and meet up with other regions in the world. I know very well that in a Biafra, people like Chris Ube will hide in shame, If not given a jungle justice treatment, because they will be overshadowed by the wishes of the people. The Middle belters will not be slaughterd like animals when they are sovereign from the North. North will live in peace and With their much valued Sharia system without having to impose it on other people. Now, what is Seun's point?

Seun is a model of the typical problem with Nigeria. The abuse of power, the preference of personal profitability over national progression, the urge to become dictatorial, the utter negligence of the views of the majority, Unprofessionalism in actions,  the urge to swallow rubbish due to cowardice etc.

We need to adopt a more stringent and realistic approach to the events in Nigeria, than the type of Seun's approach.

We need national dialogue, and peaceful resolution of National issues. That has failed because the idiots has remained adamant.
We need a revolution. It is not possible, because many Nigerians are cowards like Seun. The Ethno-religious disunity has also made it impossible.
We need a separation to allow the different nationalities to chart their paths towards development. That is the only viable option.

Like IBB, OBJ, ABACHA etc, I expect Seun to be intolerant and unprofessional enough to delete or Lock down this thread.

May God save us from people Like Him.
Re: The Problem With Nigeria: Case Study of Seun by woye77: 8:25am On Mar 14, 2010
seun is nothing but a big bully - he thinks his website is the best gift to mankind - i realised it was not worth arguing with him when he locked a thread of mine which criticized him without giving me an opportunity to reply his message - the best thing is to ignore him if you are not happy with him - like they say, silence is the best answer for,
Re: The Problem With Nigeria: Case Study of Seun by stiyke(m): 12:42pm On Mar 14, 2010
@post,
Seun may be arrogant or whatever, but please remember Seun owns Nairaland, he can do as he wish with it. We all own nigeria and should have equal rights as per nigerian constitution. You cannot equate the two.

I develop websites, i own two websites, i cannot allow a visitor to the site to dictate to me what and what i shouldnt do in it.
Do you know how Seun started nairaland?? Do u know the challenges he subdued?? If he had approached u then to invest in setting up nairaland would you have parted with cash let alone time committed to see it work? As at when he started nairaland would u have even thought such an idea would sell??
If you want to dictate to him what to do, be a member of board of directors of nairaland! Though i believe Seun should have clear rules and follow the rules, thats if he wants to.

Note: i dont know seun and i dont give a hoot about him, am just seeing it from another point of view. When i develop my own site i cant let every dick and harry telling me do this do that. NIGERIANS!
Re: The Problem With Nigeria: Case Study of Seun by Seun(m): 1:35pm On Mar 14, 2010
@stiyke: thanks for your perspective on the issue.  You're a really honest and kind person.

It's sad that some people think abstract principles are more important than the lives of their compatriots.

It's sad that some people think it makes sense to cut off your head in order to cure a headache. cry

(1)

How Kidnappers Embraced Abia State Amnesty Package / Mtn Rubbing The Poor To Feed The Rich And The Corrupt / www.historyofyaradua..com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.