Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,082 members, 7,880,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:04 PM

I Am Thinking Of Opening A Bar: Your Candid Opinion Will Be Welcomed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Am Thinking Of Opening A Bar: Your Candid Opinion Will Be Welcomed (802 Views)

Cost Of Opening Access Bank Account / Cost Of Opening A Cyber Cafe In Nigeria / Opening A Pharmacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Thinking Of Opening A Bar: Your Candid Opinion Will Be Welcomed by parates(m): 8:26am On Mar 14, 2010
I am thinking of opening a bar, I would appreciate if anybody with experience tell me what I need to do and the estimate I need to have(I have half a million) in order to start up a respectable and classy bar
Re: I Am Thinking Of Opening A Bar: Your Candid Opinion Will Be Welcomed by Nobody: 5:13am On Mar 15, 2010
Great business idea. This is a great time to set up a bar. Research indicates the breweries are making record sales due to a growing middle class with disposable income. Make sure you have some good munchies to go with the drinks - club sandwiches, nkwobi, isi ewu, pepper soup, etc. And make sure you get a good sound system that is ALWAYS playing good music. There's nothing more off-putting than walking into a bar and meeting a dull silence, or ABBA playing in the background.

Have Karaoke nights on Fridays, and also have Happy Hour periods when the cost of drinks is reduced by up to half, say from 5pm to 7.

Also have a grand opening night with free drinks and munchies and good music. Make sure the lights are always DIM in the bar to create the right ambience. A brightly lit bar is a complete turn-off.

Good luck!  wink
Re: I Am Thinking Of Opening A Bar: Your Candid Opinion Will Be Welcomed by jetli002(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2010
Its really a great idea. The best part of it is that people drink more when things are bad!, i did a more detailed exploration on the idea here http://dabusinessman..com/2010/03/drinking-and-relaxation-entertainment.html

I'm sure you'l get a better picture
Re: I Am Thinking Of Opening A Bar: Your Candid Opinion Will Be Welcomed by chuxy12(m): 11:24am On Mar 17, 2010
dont forget to add big screen tv where people can come and watch soccer-. you can make it two ; the other for watching african magic. add a suya spot to it. dont forget to have tight security in case untamed area boys and touts
Re: I Am Thinking Of Opening A Bar: Your Candid Opinion Will Be Welcomed by parates(m): 12:46am On Mar 18, 2010
thank y'all very much, @jetli, I am waiting on your full report, nice one!!!!!
Re: I Am Thinking Of Opening A Bar: Your Candid Opinion Will Be Welcomed by parates(m): 12:57am On Mar 18, 2010
jetli002:

Its really a great idea. The best part of it is that people drink more when things are bad!, i did a more detailed exploration on the idea here http://dabusinessman..com/2010/03/drinking-and-relaxation-entertainment.html

I'm sure you'l get a better picture

in your own opinion what do you think will be the total startup cost,

(1) (Reply)

Fertilizer For Sale / Forex Training & Trading Signal. / Info About Http://free-dollar-biz.webs.com/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.