Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,350 members, 7,881,292 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:01 PM

Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos (8685 Views)

Soldiers Attack GOC, Victor Eziegwu Over Food, Water Shortage In Maiduguri / Zik Was The Greatest African, Ojukwu Was The Greatest Igbo - Domkat Bali (north) / Why I Rejected National Award - Gen. Domkat Bali (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 14, 2010
honeric01:

abeg explain

This is what they do in Nigeria

The reason Gen. Domkat Bali is now involved is because he spoke out!!! If he does not nobody will accuse him of anything.

This is the kind of ugly politics that goes on in Nigeria. They politicise everything even serious issues.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by OYBMEND: 4:59pm On Mar 14, 2010
PapaBrowne:

Looks like the Jos crisis has finally broken the ranks of the Sharia North's dominance on Nigerian politics.
Plateau, Benue, Taraba, Kogi, Half of Adamawa, Kaduna,Niger, Kwara, Nasarawa and all of Southern Nigeria are closing ranks ideologically.

The Sharia/ Arewa North is finished politically!! They are left with barely 25% .
They've lost dominance of the house of assembly. They've lost dominance of the military. They no longer have the population they've longed lied that they had.
It's finished for Sharia/Arewa North!! It is finished!! grin grin grin

A new political order is emerging

Even the western world is experiencing a Foreign policy shift towards Nigeria.

the days of Hausa/Fulani Nigeria are oover. Northern Christains can realign with their fellow christains in the South.

If PDP decides to zone power to the North and does not choose a Nothern Christain then they will also fail at the polls.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by PapaBrowne(m): 5:10pm On Mar 14, 2010
OYB_MEND:

A new political order is emerging

Even the western world is experiencing a Foreign policy shift towards Nigeria.

the days of Hausa/Fulani Nigeria are oover. Northern Christains can realign with their fellow christains in the South.

If PDP decides to zone power to the North and does not choose a Nothern Christain then they will also fail at the polls.

Exactly. A new political order is emerging!!! PDP is doomed already anyhow!!
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by justfash50: 5:11pm On Mar 14, 2010
@all

I av Modified my statement ( Goc jos and not Bali)
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by edoyad(m): 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2010
@papabrowne The problem with the south east, south west, south south and middle belt is that the people are too educated and heterogeneous to accept one ideology or one train of thought like the illiterate almajiris do. To make matters worse we have got so many tribes that we would need a political juggernaut, not yet in the lime light to unite us all. Just who would be that man that would be accepted by the 4 zones.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by kettykings: 5:29pm On Mar 14, 2010
Is a new order emerging really?

How come the NSA , minister of defence , COA , 2 GOCs , CBN Gov, finance mins, Nat econ adviser , are etc are still from a place , I really hope nigerians are fully awake and if they are , then good morning nigerians , you might eventually go back to Aburi
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by FACE(m): 5:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
Ndu-Chuks, I am disappointed that you think that relationship between Jang and Maina should determine the level of the later's commitment to his call of duty.

You even blamed Jang for not establishing a corrupt relationship with the GOC. However, I will cut you some slack on this occasion and assume that that was a light hearted attempt to joke about our egunje culture.

The relationship between them should be  professional at all times regardless of how they view each other and there should always be an open communication chanel between the governor of a state and all the security bodies in the state.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by OYBMEND: 6:07pm On Mar 14, 2010
edoyad:

@papabrowne The problem with the south east, south west, south south and middle belt is that the people are too educated and heterogeneous to accept one ideology or one train of thought like the illiterate almajiris do. To make matters worse we have got so many tribes that we would need a political juggernaut, not yet in the lime light to unite us all. Just who would be that man that would be accepted by the 4 zones.

I think we can agree if its based on doing the right thing. Yes SE, SS, SW and Middle Belt will not in unism engage in attrocities as the almajiris do. But what we have always been fighting for is justice for all and creating an egaliterian Nigeria.

Around an ideology that seeks to do good for the mass of our people no matter where you come from. I think that is a winning ideology that all educated folks can easily agree with.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by nduchucks: 6:15pm On Mar 14, 2010
FACE:

Ndu-Chuks, I am disappointed that you think that relationship between Jang and Maina should determine the level of the later's commitment to his call of duty.

You even blamed Jang for not establishing a corrupt relationship with the GOC. However, I will cut you some slack on this occasion and assume that that was a light hearted attempt to joke about our egunje culture.

The relationship between them should be professional at all times regardless of how they view each other and there should always be an open communication chanel between the governor of a state and all the security bodies in the state.

FACE, I'm simply being realistic given the Nigerian condition. I agree with you that the relationship between Jang and Maina should not determine the level of the later's commitment to his call of duty - unfortunately that's not the realities in Nigeria. These people are corrupt to the core.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by PapaBrowne(m): 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2010
edoyad:

@papabrowne The problem with the  south east, south west, south south and middle belt is that the people are too educated and heterogeneous to accept one ideology or  one train of thought like the illiterate almajiris do. To make matters worse  we have got so many tribes that we would need a political juggernaut, not yet in the lime light to unite us all. Just who would be that man that would be accepted by the 4 zones.

You are right on the difficulty with accepting a single ideology!
However, it appears to me that these four zones (when you take out tribalism) seem to have very similar ideals and desire the same kind of utopia. Our preffered future is almost the same. We are capitalist by nature. We cherish liberties. Our cultural tenets are quite similar and our development paths point towards the west.

On the other hand, the Sharia north has an Ideology that is a complete opposite. They believe in a welfarist system. Their Utopia is A Sharia society where the Koran is the ultimate. A welfarist sytem can only work where you have so much mineral resources and a very small population. They have none of that.

The good thing though is that the Jos crisis is beginning to seem like a rallying point for these four zones. Everyone from all four zones is pained.
Even if we have different political or economic ideologies, one common ground we have is security. Our desire to be protected from incidents like the one we have in Jos is an excellent rallying point. We can build from there on.

There is still a lot of work to be done. We do need a political Juggernaut as you said and I believe we would get one.
We need someone that would see beyond the contraptions of tribalism and ethinicity. The good news is that it is already happening and it is happening fast.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by asha80(m): 6:20pm On Mar 14, 2010
ndu_chucks:

FACE, I'm simply being realistic given the Nigerian condition. I agree with you that the relationship between Jang and Maina should not determine the level of the later's commitment to his call of duty - unfortunately that's not the realities in Nigeria. These people are corrupt to the core.

How does Jang's 'corrupt nature' apply to this case?Or are you trying to be clever as usual?
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by honeric01(m): 6:20pm On Mar 14, 2010
mikeansy:

This is what they do in Nigeria

The reason Gen. Domkat Bali is now involved is because he spoke out!!! If he does not nobody will accuse him of anything.

This is the kind of ugly politics that goes on in Nigeria. They politicise everything even serious issues.

i tire oo
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 14, 2010
Gen Domkat Bali is a true General. A true General will not close their eyes to all sorts of illegalities for political expediency.

Obasanjo also demonstrated this behaviour in the face of the Yar'adua saga.

When will Gowon speak out honestly and forcefully on the violence almost eroding his home state

Are his hands tied? Is he compromised I am not going to hold my breadth waiting for him to say anything?

His usual deciet solution to everything is asking the rest of the country to go into fasting and prayer.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by Nobody: 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2010
Gen bali was not complaining siply because He felt slighted, he and the Governor are first and foremost Gen Maina Senoirs, secondly, Gen Bali was a Former Defence Minister and Maina would have tapped from his pool of Knowledge if he really wants to solve the security problem in the state. who better than a defence chief. Gen Maina and O host of other Generals from Plateau who understand the situation of the state. Maina should have shed his pride and stuck close to them for some insight into the situation. Bali is not a noise maker, he is a Soldiers Soldier, when he talks I listen. His calling the Gen an Idiot, i can understand, its very common use of language between Officers esp addressing their junior Officers, Expect words like Idiot, Stupid, Monkey, Baboon, fool, and bargar.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by sandee575(f): 6:38pm On Mar 14, 2010
Definition
idiot noun
/ˈɪd.i.ət/ n [C]
a silly person or someone who is behaving in a silly way
Some idiot left the tap running in the bathroom and there's water everywhere.
[as form of address] You silly idiot - that's a month's work you've lost!

(Definition of idiot noun from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by sandee575(f): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2010
Definition
silly adjective
/ˈstjuː.pɪd//ˈstuː-/ adj
• silly or un; showing poor judgment or little intelligencewise
She was really silly to quit her job like that.
Whose silly idea was it to travel at night?
He now thinks that retiring early was a silly thing to do.
How could you be so silly?
• informal annoying, or causing a problem
Have your silly book back if it's so important to you.
I hate doing this silly exercise, I just can't get it right.
stupidnoun
n [as form of address] informal Don't lock it, silly!
stupidlyadverb
/ˈstjuː.pɪd.li//ˈstuː-/ adv
Sorry, I stupidly forgot to bring my copy of the report - could I look at yours?

(Definition of silly adjective from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by nduchucks: 6:41pm On Mar 14, 2010
asha 80:

How does Jang's 'corrupt nature' apply to this case?Or are you trying to be clever as usual?

asha 80, you are giving me too much credit.  When JTF is posted to a prticular region for example, he  makes publicized visits to the top politicians in the region, from governor to influencial local government officials. A cynic would say that during those visits, "I wash your back, you wash my back" kind of operations take place and that Jang did not wash someone's back appropriately.  The endemic corruption within the system is a major part of the problem - it is a very real problem.

At the root of these catfights is a bunch of naira.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 14, 2010
ndu_chucks:

asha 80, you are giving me too much credit. When JTF is posted to a prticular region for example, he makes publicized visits to the top politicians in the region, from governor to influencial local government officials. A cynic would say that during those visits, "I wash your back, you wash my back" kind of operations take place and that Jang did not wash someone's back appropriately. The endemic corruption within the system is a major part of the problem - it is a very real problem.

Well thanks for letting us know the kind of public servant you will be
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by asha80(m): 6:54pm On Mar 14, 2010
aisha2:

grin
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by nduchucks: 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2010
aisha2:

How did you reach that conclusion? This is not about me, but about a corrupt system. I was simply stating the realities on ground in Nigeria. This is the way they operate.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by FACE(m): 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2010
ndu_chucks:

asha 80, you are giving me too much credit.  When JTF is posted to a prticular region for example, he  makes publicized visits to the top politicians in the region, from governor to influencial local government officials. A cynic would say that during those visits, "I wash your back, you wash my back" kind of operations take place and that Jang did not wash someone's back appropriately.  The endemic corruption within the system is a major part of the problem - it is a very real problem.

By your reasoning, Governor Jang is the guilty and corrupt party because he did not hand state's money to Maina and Bali is silly for pointing out the ineptitude of the GOC while your Maina is whiter than snow.

Hmmm, O.K
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by honeric01(m): 7:05pm On Mar 14, 2010
ndu_chucks:

How did you reach that conclusion? This is not about me, but about a corrupt system. I was simply stating the realities on ground in Nigeria. This is the way they operate.

guy, you dey baffle me with your sense of reasoning oo, btw, do you have any evidence to back up your so called corruption in Jang's government?

FACE:

By your reasoning, Governor Jang is the guilty and corrupt party because he did not hand state's money to Maina and Bali is silly for pointing out the ineptitude of the GOC while your Maina is whiter than snow.

Hmmm, O.K

me self just tire oo
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by nduchucks: 7:06pm On Mar 14, 2010
FACE:

Hmmm, O.K

Maina is guilty of not doing his job as well. I believe the said corruption is a major part of the reasons why.

@honeric, if there is a real audit of these governors' accounts, I don't think a single one will escape guilt. Sad but true.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by asha80(m): 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Maina is guilty of not doing his job as well. I believe the said corruption is a major part of the reasons why.

@honeric, if there is a real audit of these governors' accounts, I don't think a single one will escape guilt. Sad but true.

Ndu chucks stop waffling!How is jang's 'corrupt nature' related to a GOC not doing his job when obviously jang and bali contacted or tried to warn him of an attack?
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 14, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Didnt mean to make this about you, sorry if it sounded harsh but my point is The GOC was rude, un professional even to his Seniro Officers, there is no excuse for that and He is being paid a whole lot with so many benefits, why should anyone expect that he has to be bribed before he can work.
Lets not blame any system for one mans foolishnesss and bias
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by nduchucks: 7:24pm On Mar 14, 2010
asha 80:

Ndu chucks stop waffling!How is jang's 'corrupt nature' related to a GOC not doing his job when obviously jang and bali contacted or tried to warn him of an attack?

You have to agree that the least a governor should do is ensure that there is a very cordial relationship between himself and the GOC. He should have known that that cordiality did not exist and treated that as a security problem in the state. The question is, why did he not take the necessary action to inform the authorities of this problem?

All parties failed in their duties here. The said endemic corruption is a major contributing factor - don't ask me for details when the failure is crystal clear.

aisha2:

Didnt mean to make this about you, sorry if it sounded harsh but my point is The GOC was rude, un professional even to his Seniro Officers, there is no excuse for that and He is being paid a whole lot with so many benefits, why should anyone expect that he has to be bribed before he can work.
Lets not blame any system for one mans foolishnesss and bias

It is a corrupt system that will put such a man in such a sensitive position.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 14, 2010
@Ndu- Chucks, How do you create a cordial relationship with a man who refuses to talk to you, and you seem to be forgeting that jang is a senori Officer to Maina, we may not understand somethings as civilians but in the miltary, your senior is your senior, if you get a call from a number you dont know, you answer hello sir because it may be a senior officr calling, In the Army Senior na senoir, they no dey carry that matter play oh.
Maina Obviously had some higer orders and backing to give him such coruage, abeg stop blaming curroption. I know these soldiers and their codes forget it, unless maina has a serious God Father or Mother somewhere, who born am?
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by nduchucks: 7:54pm On Mar 14, 2010
aisha2:

@Ndu- Chucks, How do you create a cordial relationship with a man who refuses to talk to you, and you seem to be forgeting that jang is a senori Officer to Maina, we may not understand somethings as civilians but in the miltary, your senior is your senior, if you get a call from a number you dont know, you answer hello sir because it may be a senior officr calling, In the Army Senior na senoir, they no dey carry that matter play oh.
Maina Obviously had some higer orders and backing to give him such coruage, abeg stop blaming curroption. I know these soldiers and their codes forget it, unless maina has a serious God Father or Mother somewhere, who born am?

If that's the case, why didn't Jang put the security of his state first and shout very loudly that the security of his people are at stake? Why didn't he inform higher authorities prior to the killings about a sour relationship between himself and the GOC? Jang definitely dropped the ball in that regard. Jang is a governor and should not bring his millitary rascality into the governor's office. The over 500 dead women and children depended on all of these people!!
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2010
What Security dear, when the whole secuirity aparatus is Federalised? Abeg, I don tire, believe what you want, it wont change jack
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by adconline(m): 9:22pm On Mar 14, 2010
i see, then definitely, we are not practicing true democracy, why can't a governor be able to instruct the army in his state when there's an emergen

democracy is a figment of your imagination let alone  a true democracy. A governor does not  have power over a commissioner of police in his state b4 we even venture into army commands.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 14, 2010
what ndu chuks s getting at is very simple

for you to get service from any public official, you have to settle him

will nepa workers attend to your problem just like that? or police? or local government officials?

how many people's documents etal are buried because they did not cultivate the office clerk?

people who get prompt service from government officials get it because they are influential/connected, or because the officers have been getting somethingfrom them and know they will get more

call it anything you want, it is a fact of life in nigeria.

of course with hindsight no one can say anything - but if jang had been remitting 'security vote' there is a possibility that maina would pay more attention to his calls.
Re: Gen Domkat Bali Speaks On GoC Jos by okunoba(m): 10:13pm On Mar 14, 2010
@Ndu-Chuks, u reasoning is flawed. The World knows corruption is the root of our problems and that is the same thing u are advocating here. This type of mind set is the reason Nigeria is bleeped.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Explosions In Gombe State University Send Lecturers, Students Fleeing / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations / Ondo Election: Supreme Court Stops Jegede's Appeal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.