Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,424 members, 7,888,315 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 02:42 AM

Reasons Your Weekend Is Always Short - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reasons Your Weekend Is Always Short (463 Views)

We Are At Our Peak Again Blake Paypal...another Weekend Is Here Gents & Ladies � / Going To The Market Urself Every Weekend Is Stupid Unless U Want To Kill Urself! / .::Back In The Days Pictures To Enjoy Your Weekend::. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Your Weekend Is Always Short by fundanfo: 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2017
Weekend are so special because it gives us an opportunity to please our inner minds and indulge in extracurricular activities especially for students and the working class. A time to catch maximum fun.

I Recently read in a Friend's Facebook timeline and it says "It's like weekends are now made in China because it doesn't last long again" I laughed so hard. Funny as it may seems, it's actually true.

Below are things you are doing that's making the weekend relatively short.

1. Partying too much.

No doubt this happens to me sometimes. Going out to party(Popori) is totally fine. Live your life. But when you spend the entire following day in bed with a hangover, it should be pretty obvious where your whole weekend went.

2. Leaving everything for the last minute.

Try to move a few things up during the week so you don't have to do all your errands on Saturday and Sunday. Have you ever wondered why you spend almost the whole of Saturdays doing Laundry and cleaning the house. It's tough to get everything done over the weekend, and worse yet, you'll just end up feeling frustrated.

3. Not disconnecting from work.

Why do you still get so much concerned about the work and activities at work place. You can't have it all Don't check your work email, silence your chat, and just stop worrying about work for a couple days. No cheating!

4. Sleeping too much.

By all means, sleep a little. That's what weekends are for. But try not to overdo it, or you'll throw your whole sleep cycle off. If you don't get to sleep at the usual time on Sunday night, you'll wake up sleepy on Monday and be surprised what you actually spent your weekend doing.

5. Not taking advantage of Friday.

You may be tired after a long week, but don't forget that the weekend starts on Friday. Don't just run home and jump into bed! You don't have to go out and party or anything, but maybe dinner, a movie, hanging out with friends or something. Your weekend will feel a lot longer if you include Friday.

6. Going to the same places.

If your weekends are all the same, you're going to get bored. That doesn't mean you have to leave your city and go on long trips every weekend. You can try a new restaurant, go to another neighborhood, visit a friend you never see; just try out new things.

7. Not making plans.

It's nice to improvise, but you run the risk of spending the whole weekend waiting around in your house for something to happen. The only thing worse than too many plans is no plans at all.

8. Dumping an entire weekend into Your Favourite Series.

We all love Netflix, Game of Thrones etc and the weekend is the ideal time to catch up with all our favorite shows, but if you do daily eight-hour marathons, you're not going to have time for anything else. Na headache all of them go end in.

9. Worrying about Sunday because it's "pre-Monday".

It's quite funny this happens to most of us even me. Stop counting the hours until you have to go back to work every Sunday evening. Instead, fill your Sunday with fun plans like reading, or seeing a movie, or cooking... whatever you can do that's not sitting around feeling depressed.

10. Not having a special activity on the weekend

If you've got some kind of hobby to keep you busy, your weekends will feel a lot more valuable and relatively long.

11. Doing stuff out of obligation.

Some required plans are inevitable and unavoidable. But if you get invited to something that you really just don't want to go to... JUST. DON'T. GO. Learn how to say no if you ever want to see your weekends again.

12. Not taking time for yourself.

You have a lot of friends to hang out with, but take some time to be alone, think about things, and spend some time in quiet contemplation for a little while. It'll help you recharge your batteries. It's needful!!!

13. Already thinking about the upcoming week.

Forget about it. Stop thinking about Monday and the things you've got coming up. Just focus on the weekend! I once saw this on a Friend's WhatsApp status "I already feel I'm tired tomorrow" Lol!!! Who does that....

Let's hear you what you have to say know the comment box! ! !

http://www.fundanfo.com/2017/10/reasons-your-weekend-is-always-short.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Latest Data Plans And Their Subscription Codes For This Year / A Nairalander Escaped Death Today In An Accident That Killed Driver And Others / Oilgasafricana Cif Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.