Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,712 members, 7,889,265 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:10 AM

Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose (16953 Views)

Buhari Aware Of Maina’s Reinstatement, I Warned Him —hos In Leaked Memo / Omojuwa's Tweets On The Reinstatement And Sack Of Maina / President Muhammadu Buhari Was Aware Of Maina's Reinstatement- Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by borntosuccess(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2017
meolaniyi:
I regret ever being one of those that brought this failure to power as a president'
Now I know the truth, Allah forgive me for I was deceived.
Go and sin no more sir grin
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Reptyle(m): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2017
Emperoo:

Source- http://punchng.com/buharis-sack-of-maina-an-afterthought-fayose/

Better late than never.

People like Fayose wish that PMB had ignored the public outrage and retained Maina so they will continue to have a reason to criticise him. PMB cut short their sick desire yet again by taking urgent steps to correct what is obviously a clandestine move by some members of his kitchen cabinet. The President should go further to identify these fifth columnists within his government and weed them out before they destroy the little goodwill that he has left.

For people like Fayose and his ilk, criticism isn't done with any altruistic reason. Rather, their aim is to always gain political mileage from every misstep of the government.

I wish the President can also move with this same urgency on other pending cases of corruption by other members of his kitchen cabinet like Babachir and Oke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by enonche85(m): 10:08am On Oct 24, 2017
meolaniyi:
I regret ever being one of those that brought this failure to power as a president'

U are forgiven! grin grin cool
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Eazybay(m): 10:10am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

My life is better today than in 2015, thank you.

In addition, all the indices of today are better than what we witnessed in 2015.

Price of foodstuff coming down, industries are declaring superb profits, radio and TV stations are not shutting down for running out of fuel.

External reserves are climbing, stock market more buoyant, Naira is more stable.

I know, wailing comes natural to some people but those indices do not lie.

The issue of Maina has been handled by the president.

What more you want him to do is what I'll like to know

I don't normally respond to you. I believe you have a right to your opinion. Nevertheless in this case, you blew the roof?

What indices is better than 2015

Latest indices say food prices are sky-high!

If you don't buy food, please keep quiet.

Beggars have quadrupled. The middle class is suffering from "Hunger pangs" because there has been no commensurate increase in salaries.

Pay through your nose for fuel, tax and non existent light bills!

Teen prostitutes are EVERYWHERE!

You can worship buhari if you like, but don't try to sugarcoat the hardship being experienced by the average Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2017
kingandamy4life:

Please if you are a youth i want you to hide your face in shame... are you mad?
what are you saying? that you are better off in 2015 than now. plz you are a usless bigot
how on earth will you support evil. people like you are supposed to be killed without looking back because you hate good.
How can Nigerians be suffering and you come here to spill trash. i wish i know where you live you will be a goons by now

I am better off today than 2015.

If your case is bad, I'm sorry for you.
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 10:32am On Oct 24, 2017
meolaniyi:

You are a bloody liar.

See your quote from 2014;

this a shocking Revelation. I was born the week this man overthrew Shagari in a coup and I have two boy and a girl now. One getting ready to inter secondary school. Haba don't we have young people again. I am a devoted Muslim but I say no to extremism. Nigeria will be like Afghanistan if this man comes to power
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Funkybabee(f): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

In addition, all the indices of today are better than what we witnessed in 2015.

Price of foodstuff coming down, industries are declaring superb profits, radio and TV stations are not shutting down for running out of fuel.

External reserves are climbing, stock market more buoyant, Naira is more stable.

Don't let me curse you for that price of food that you said is coming down

Mon je un sepe fun e ooooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 10:37am On Oct 24, 2017
Funkybabee:

Don't let me curse you for that price of food that you said is coming down

Mon je un sepe fun e ooooo

Curse whatever you want.

The price of foodstuff is reducing.

Here on Nairaland just yesterday it was Garri.

The week before it was palm oil.

Rice as we all know has been reducing in price.

https://www.nairaland.com/4133944/price-garri-drops-60-enugu

https://www.nairaland.com/4115985/domestic-price-palm-oil-declined
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by kelechi17(m): 10:46am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

prices of food coming down ...companies not shutting down..either u are femi adesina hiding behind d moniker (if u are u d biggest fool who can stil save his reputation by resigning ) or you just a robot on automatic reply

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by 9jja(f): 10:48am On Oct 24, 2017
Please read and answer the question at the end.

I, Brigadier Joshua Nimyel Dogonyaro, of the Nigerian Army, hereby make the following declaration on behalf of my colleagues and members of the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Fellow country men, the intervention of the military at the end of 1983 was welcomed by the nation with unprecedented enthusiasm. Nigerians were unified in accepting the intervention and looked forward hopefully to progressive changes for the better. Almost two years later, it has become clear that the fulfillment of expectations is not forthcoming.

Because this generation of Nigerians and indeed future generations have no other country but Nigeria, we could not stay passive and watch a small group of individuals misuse power to the detriment of our national aspirations and interest.

No nation can ever achieve meaningful strides in its development where there is an absence of cohesion in the hierarchy of government; where it has become clear that positive action by the policy makers is hindered because as a body it lacks a unity of purpose.

It is evident that the nation would be endangered with the risk of continuous misdirection. We are presently confronted with that danger. In such a situation, if action can be taken to arrest further damage, it should and must be taken. This is precisely what we have done.

The Nigerian public has been made to believe that the slow pace of action of the Federal Government headed by Major-General Muhammadu Buhari was due to the enormity of the problems left by the last civilian administration.

Although it is true that a lot of problems were left behind by the last civilian government, the real reason, however, for the very slow pace of action is due to lack of unanimity of purpose among the ruling body; subsequently, the business of governance has gradually been subjected to ill-motivated power play considerations. The ruling body, the Supreme Military Council, has, therefore, progressively been made redundant by the actions of a select few members charged with the day-to-day implementation of the SMC’s policies and decision.

The concept of collective leadership has been substituted by stubborn and illadvised unilateral actions, thereby destroying the principles upon which the government came to power. Any effort made to advise the leadership, met with stubborn resistance and was viewed as a challenge to authority or disloyalty.

Thus, the scene was being set for systematic elimination of what, was termed oppositions. All the energies of the rulership were directed at this imaginary opposition rather than to effective leadership.

The result of this misdirected effort is now very evident in the country as a whole. The government has started to drift. The economy does not seem to be getting any better as we witness daily increased inflation.

The nation’s meager resources are once again being wasted on unproductive ventures. Government has distanced itself from the people and the yearnings and aspirations of the people as constantly reflected in the media have been ignored.

This is because a few people have arrogated to themselves the right to make the decisions for the larger part of the ruling body. All these events have shown that the present composition of our country’s leadership cannot, therefore, justify its continued occupation of that position.

Furthermore, the initial objectives and programmes of action which were meant to have been implemented since the ascension to power of the Buhari Administration in January 1984 have been betrayed and discarded. The present state of uncertainty and stagnation cannot be permitted to degenerate into suppression and retrogression.

We feel duty bound to use the resources and means at our disposal to restore hope in the minds of Nigerians and renew aspirations for a better future. We are no prophets of doom for our beloved country, Nigeria. We, therefore, count on everyone’s cooperation and assistance.

I appeal to you, fellow countrymen, particularly my colleagues in arms to refrain from any act that will lead to unnecessary violence and bloodshed among us. Rest assured

that our action is in the interest of the nation and the armed forces.

In order to enable a new order to be introduced, the following bodies are dissolved forthwith pending further announcements: (a) The Supreme Military Council (b) The Federal Executive Council (c) The National Council of States. All seaports and airports are closed, all borders remain closed.

Finally, a dusk to dawn curfew is hereby imposed in Lagos and all state capitals until further notice. All military commanders will ensure effective maintenance of law and order. Further announcements will be made in due course. God bless Nigeria.

''Great Omaebo 83'', [24.10.17 10:37]
I, Brigadier Joshua Nimyel Dogonyaro, of the Nigerian Army, hereby make the following declaration on behalf of my colleagues and members of the Nigerian Armed Forces.

Fellow country men, the intervention of the military at the end of 1983 was welcomed by the nation with unprecedented enthusiasm. Nigerians were unified in accepting the intervention and looked forward hopefully to progressive changes for the better. Almost two years later, it has become clear that the fulfillment of expectations is not forthcoming.

Because this generation of Nigerians and indeed future generations have no other country but Nigeria, we could not stay passive and watch a small group of individuals misuse power to the detriment of our national aspirations and interest.

No nation can ever achieve meaningful strides in its development where there is an absence of cohesion in the hierarchy of government; where it has become clear that positive action by the policy makers is hindered because as a body it lacks a unity of purpose.

It is evident that the nation would be endangered with the risk of continuous misdirection. We are presently confronted with that danger. In such a situation, if action can be taken to arrest further damage, it should and must be taken. This is precisely what we have done.

The Nigerian public has been made to believe that the slow pace of action of the Federal Government headed by Major-General Muhammadu Buhari was due to the enormity of the problems left by the last civilian administration.

Although it is true that a lot of problems were left behind by the last civilian government, the real reason, however, for the very slow pace of action is due to lack of unanimity of purpose among the ruling body; subsequently, the business of governance has gradually been subjected to ill-motivated power play considerations. The ruling body, the Supreme Military Council, has, therefore, progressively been made redundant by the actions of a select few members charged with the day-to-day implementation of the SMC’s policies and decision.

The concept of collective leadership has been substituted by stubborn and illadvised unilateral actions, thereby destroying the principles upon which the government came to power. Any effort made to advise the leadership, met with stubborn resistance and was viewed as a challenge to authority or disloyalty.

Thus, the scene was being set for systematic elimination of what, was termed oppositions. All the energies of the rulership were directed at this imaginary opposition rather than to effective leadership.

The result of this misdirected effort is now very evident in the country as a whole. The government has started to drift. The economy does not seem to be getting any better as we witness daily increased inflation.

The nation’s meager resources are once again being wasted on unproductive ventures. Government has distanced itself from the people and the yearnings and aspirations of the people as constantly reflected in the media have been ignored.

This is because a few people have arrogated to themselves the right to make the decisions for the larger part of the ruling body. All these events have shown that the present composition of our country’s leadership cannot, therefore, justify its continued occupation of that position.

Furthermore, the initial objectives and programmes of action which were meant to have been implemented since the ascension to power of the Buhari Administration in January 1984 have been betrayed and discarded. The present state of uncertainty and stagnation cannot be permitted to degenerate into suppression and retrogression.

We feel duty bound to use the resources and means at our disposal to restore hope in the minds of Nigerians and renew aspirations for a better future. We are no prophets of doom for our beloved country, Nigeria. We, therefore, count on everyone’s cooperation and assistance.

I appeal to you, fellow countrymen, particularly my colleagues in arms to refrain from any act that will lead to unnecessary violence and bloodshed among us. Rest assured

''Great Omaebo 83'', [24.10.17 10:37]
that our action is in the interest of the nation and the armed forces.

In order to enable a new order to be introduced, the following bodies are dissolved forthwith pending further announcements: (a) The Supreme Military Council (b) The Federal Executive Council (c) The National Council of States. All seaports and airports are closed, all borders remain closed.

Finally, a dusk to dawn curfew is hereby imposed in Lagos and all state capitals until further notice. All military commanders will ensure effective maintenance of law and order. Further announcements will be made in due course. God bless Nigeria.

Compare then and now, what's the difference?
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by earthcrust: 10:49am On Oct 24, 2017
I have learnt my lessons. 2019 #I stand with PDP#
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Funkybabee(f): 10:51am On Oct 24, 2017
[quote author=GavelSlam post=61720797]

Curse whatever you want.

The price of foodstuff is reducing.

Here on Nairaland just yesterday it was Garri.

The week before it was palm oil.

Rice as we all know has been reducing in price.

https://www.nairaland.com/4133944/price-garri-drops-60-enugu

https://www.nairaland.com/4115985/domestic-price-palm-oil-declined

[/quote

Won shey ooooooo
Do u know the price of that before
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Oblang(m): 10:57am On Oct 24, 2017
poseidon12:
Of course Buhari was involved in the shameful reinstatement of Maina. His Special Assistant on Prosecution, Mr Okoi-Obono Obla, a Lawyer, was on Channels TV on Sunday arguing with Barr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa in defense of the reinstatement. He came across as a foolish and incompetent Lawyer trying to rationalize the action. The brilliant Barr Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa made him look stupid. In light of his pay master Buhari making a u-turn on him, he should resign if he has any respect for himself.

U mean the Adegboruwa that was speaking incoherently.. Okoi Obono did not justify the appointment in anyway. He only said the president was not aware of the reinstatement as it is not his duty to do that. He also said he doesn't know if the man in question have the found guilty by any court of competent jurisdiction...
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by musa234(m): 11:25am On Oct 24, 2017
GavelSlam:

External reserves are climbing, stock market more buoyant, Naira is more stable. Lies from the pit of hell. I voted buhari, I supported him immensely but i refuse to follow your sentimental path,all the things you just said are pure lies except your been paid directly to defend this government.

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Reptyle(m): 11:30am On Oct 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Why will he arresst his friend

I hope you realise the person in the picture you posted isn't Maina.

That is Alhaji Alhassan Doguwa, the chief whip of the House of Reps.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Megaideas(f): 11:45am On Oct 24, 2017
I still dey watch.
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by secpowell: 11:52am On Oct 24, 2017
Are you sick of brain tumor ? What is better than 2015.Which price, of food stuff is coming down?
How much was, a bag of rice in 2015 and now?what, about a, paint of garri, red oli basket of tomatoes, onions, beans, yam and how much is a dollar now compare to 2015.your brain need to be formatted In other to function properly.
GavelSlam:

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 11:56am On Oct 24, 2017
secpowell:
Are you sick of brain tumor ? What is better than 2015.Which price, of food stuff is coming down?
How much was, a bag of rice in 2015 and now?what, about a, paint of garri, red oli basket of tomatoes, onions, beans, yam and how much is a dollar now compare to 2015.your brain need to be formatted In other to function properly.

I see many of you cannot grasp simple statements.

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by ofuonyebi: 2:16pm On Oct 24, 2017
thank God that buhari sacked maina....but if na your GEJ he will tell them to leave him alone to continue his good work like ...madam Odua

of the $55million dollars scam!...shame to you...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
I think with the arrival of PMB sarrki has concluded his phase of assignment.

Now, we have gavelslam. As said some weeks ago. I suspect these people are working for a department in the presidency.
Where were they when we were fighting the online & print media battle in 2014 & early 2015 for APC to win. Even Garba Shehu was less active only Alh Lai Mohammed was very active. Now having won, they remembered the Northern Agenda. Who doesn't know it is an after thought to save face from global embarrassment that made him to order for his disengagement.

The cabal working around the president takes decisions anyhow. Now what can the HoS do? Rather, they may want her to accept responsibility. God will help Nigeria.
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by ttru: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2017
It's never too late to do the right thing . . Kudos to the president
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by GavelSlam: 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
babaolofin:
I think with the arrival of PMB sarrki has concluded his phase of assignment.

Now, we have gavelslam. As said some weeks ago. I suspect these people are working for a department in the presidency.
Where were they when we were fighting the online & print media battle in 2014 & early 2015 for APC to win. Even Garba Shehu was less active only Alh Lai Mohammed was very active. Now having won, they remembered the Northern Agenda. Who doesn't know it is an after thought to save face from global embarrassment that made him to order for his disengagement.

The cabal working around the president takes decisions anyhow. Now what can the HoS do? Rather, they may want her to accept responsibility. God will help Nigeria.

The real bigots are your likes.

Once someone has a differing opinion from yours, such a person is either BMC or a northerner.

In addition, when a southerner does something wrong and found guilty of such, it is because he/she is southern or a Christian etc.

The only person I would exonerate from this debacle is the president. Because, as we all know he was convalescing at the time of "reappointment".

Why many of you choose to hide your head in the sand beats my imagination.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you have dragged my name into this matter but I would assume it's because I said the economic indices are better today than 2015.

I would stand by my statement with a little example.

The nature of my profession is such that I get paid in forex and I'm hardly outside my station.

In January of 2015, I found myself in Lagos awaiting some decision from some agency.

I didn't want to be in Lagos at the time because I was going to be spending money daily for my upkeep.

But I tell you, the more money I withdrew, the richer I became. Because the Naira moved from 170ish to somewhere in the region of 230 or so to the dollar in a matter of weeks.

Nairaland timelines are there for your use.

https://www.nairaland.com/68738/how-much-did-exchange-dollar/91

As someone who often invests in one venture or the other, I couldn't stake my dollars to any venture because it would not yield the kind of value I got by simply waiting for the next day, by which time the dollar would have appreciated again.

So I stand by my word.

The naira is stable, the price of food staples are reducing, and companies are declaring profits.
Re: Buhari's Sack Of Maina An Afterthought – Fayose by princetg: 7:56am On Sep 10, 2019
grin this is laughable sit grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Meets With Service Chiefs (Photos) / Osun Government Shuts Central Mosque Over Inability To Install New Imam / Insecurity, Economic Hardship To Worsen In Six States – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.