Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,804 members, 7,882,806 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:26 PM

See The Top 10 Most Surprising Things Banned In China And Reasons For Their Ban - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See The Top 10 Most Surprising Things Banned In China And Reasons For Their Ban (2668 Views)

China And Russia Prepare To Accept Taliban Rule Of Afghanistan(Pics) / WW3 Fears As China And Russia Join Forces For Massive War Games(Pix, Video) / Wikipedia Now Banned In China, As It Affect All Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Top 10 Most Surprising Things Banned In China And Reasons For Their Ban by Xmen149(m): 8:19am On Oct 24, 2017
Abatsam111:
2. Facebook
The biggest social media site, Facebook was blocked in China in July 2009. The social media site had enjoyed widespread usage all over China but events in 2009 led to the decision by the Chinese government to block it. In July 2009 the Xingjiang activists used Facebook to organize widespread violent riots which led to the death of about 200 people, many of whom were women and children. These protests which became to be known as the Urumqi Riots was the last straw and caused the Chinese government to block Facebook in China. China has stood by this decision despite frequent visits by Facebook’s founder, Mark Zuckerberg to Beijing.

how come i see all my cuz and friends in china on FB then..... undecided
Re: See The Top 10 Most Surprising Things Banned In China And Reasons For Their Ban by Abatsam111(m): 2:30pm On Oct 24, 2017
Mynd44

(1) (2) (Reply)

Africa Puts Me To Shame. / Pres Obama Attends Daughter's Graduation With No Guards And Sits In The Crowd / India Vs Pakistan: De-escalation & Not War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.