Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,853 members, 7,872,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In (13391 Views)

Ifeanyi Okpoko Goes To Court Over Anambra Ritual Murder Case / Ifeanyi Okpoko: Houses, Exotic Cars Owned By Man Accused Of Being A Ritualist / Metal Fabricator In Police Net On Suspicion Of Ritual Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Irukkanews: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
Crusade For Justice, a Non Governmental Organization/Human Right Advocacy group has stepped into the Anambra ritual murder imbroglio. This as a result of the alleged attempt by the suspect,Ifeanyi Okpoko to influence the case in his favour.

Speaking in an interview with irukkanews, the President/ Founder of the organization, Barr. Richard Nwankwo said that they decided to step into the case to ensure that justice is done. According to him, for the past 15 years, Crusade For Justice has being taking briefs from the poor and oppressed Nigerians and getting justice for them. He said he was disturbed by the picture of the deceased, Chidera Ezeanya, where he was tied on a crane and left to die, adding that even in a war situation, whoever did that deserve to be punished.

According to him, the role crusade for justice is going to play in the case is to ensure that both the accused and the complainant are given the liberty to exhaust their complains and defense without external influence and for the judge to decide the matter base on the evidence put before him.

"As a human right advocacy group, what we hate is miscarriage of justice.We ensure that the innocent does not get punished and that the guilty does not go scot-free,no matter how rich or powerful he is in the society. I have patiently listened to the complaints of the family of Chidera Ezeanya and I know that we have the machinery to get to the root of the matter. We will do our best to ensure that the right thing would be done. It is really an unfortunate case,a case of two people from the same kindred." He said

The human right lawyer said that people should try not to be taking the law into their hand,no matter the amount of provocation. According to him, it is only the state that has the right to take somebody's life, after court of competent jurisdiction has found such a person guilty and all the convicted right of appeal exhausted. He said it is because of this that the National Assembly want to pass a law against jungle justice. Nwankwo also told irukkanews that as part of their human right advocacy,they do visit prisons to fight for the release of prisoners who were unlawfully jailed or awaiting trials who have spent the number of years hey would have been sentenced,assuming they were convicted.

His words,"We have visited Ikoyi and Enugu prisons several times to fight for the release of unlawfully detained inmates or people who are being denied justice and fair hearing.We also do some charity work. Sometime ago, we visited So-Said Charity Home, Okota, Lagos and donated some food items and other things to the people there".

http://irukkanews.com/anambra-ritual-murder-update-crusade-for-justice-steps-in-p2969-95.htm

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
There is suppose to be a time limit for all these kinda cases. in 2 to 4 weeks, the case should be decided.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by kizz007: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
WICKED PEOPLE EVERY WHERE . THIS WILL NEVER SEE MY HOUSE HOLD OR MY FRIENDS embarassed[color=#770077][/color]

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by TheHistorian(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2017

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
Oh God
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Bestchisom(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
ftc
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Raph01: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
See as dem label de body like when dem label bag of corn for Aba market sad sad
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5888790_walkingspider_gif73da9af91658fdefd0d3aedad8ec8035

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by SWORD419(m): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
l
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by kn23h(m): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2017
Anambra and ritual sha. Between Kidnapping, drugs and ritual.

It's just not being reported and brought up to NL as often as SW case, but trust me when I say that ritualism is just as rampant in the SE as any other region.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by xtreemk: 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
Holding innocent hostage omg
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Adaumunocha(f): 4:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
All is vanity.
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by scholes0(m): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
Eje Jesuuu o!
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Lilimax(f): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
All ritualists in the country should be subjected to capital punishment.
They're not worth living embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Arsasee(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
modelmike7:
There is suppose to be a time limit for all these kinda cases. in 2 to 4 weeks, the case should be decided.

Unfortunately, that's not usually the case, as lawyers have to make money by deliberately adjourning the case, even a case that can be decided within 24hours may take a year or more.
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Lilimax(f): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
kn23h:
but trust me when I say that ritualism is just as rampant in the SE as any other region.
True!!!

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 24, 2017
Raph01:
See as dem label de body like when dem label bag of corn for Aba market sad sad
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5888790_walkingspider_gif73da9af91658fdefd0d3aedad8ec8035

That is the value the Nigerian government places on the lives of her citizens. embarassed
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by czaratwork: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
Where is Ifeanyi Okpoko from? i hope not Agukwu sha.
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by ivolt: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2017
modelmike7:

Any case involving human life must not be done in a hurry
so as not to convict an innocent person of murder.
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by lelvin(m): 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
In the end, nothing will happen. The case will go on forever until it's eventually abandoned and the immediate family of the victim are left to sob quietly for years until they join their beloved too. While in a room somewhere, in the back of a luxury automobile or on a yacht, glasses will be clinked with evil smiles and hearts so dark. Untouchables. Yes! That is the way it works in Nigeria. Unfortunately.

5 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by dotcomnamename: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ifeanyi Okpoko grin

If na Afonja name or Aboki name, you will see the Flatinihos full here stewing rubbish! grin
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by kn23h(m): 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2017
dotcomnamename:
Ifeanyi Okpoko grin

If na Afonja Yoruba name or Aboki name, you will see the Flatinihos full here stewing rubbish! grin

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Omofunaab2: 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2017
kn23h:
Anambra and ritual sha. Between Kidnapping, drugs and ritual.

It's just not being reported and brought up to NL as often as SW case, but trust me when I say that ritualism is just as rampant in the SE as any other region.

I concur... They call it "ogwu ego" in the East. .. Most of the media houses have their headquarters in the West...So expect more of lagos, Ibadan, Ogun news.

Nobody really gives a fook about happenings in the east.. So most of these things are not reported .

Anambra is number one when it comes to money rituals in Nigeria... Even potor miscreants are aware of that

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by kay29000(m): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2017
Hmm
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Udiboy(f): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2017
This guy is heartless. There should be a limit to torture. Yes, you can torture but be mindful of when death is knocking. You can not tie up someone suspended for 24 hours na. This is inhuman

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by kn23h(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2017
ZaraGift:

[s]You're a fool, you should know that this one case but it has made front page here more than 7 time even though more than 10 different ritualists cases have come up from the south west but they will never recycle it but sweep them under the carpet[/s]

Stop lying.

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by kn23h(m): 6:23pm On Oct 24, 2017
Omofunaab2:

I concur... They call it "ogwu ego" in the East. .. Most of the media houses have their headquarters in the West...So expect more of lagos, Ibadan, Ogun news.

Nobody really gives a fook about happenings in the east.. So most of these things are not reported .

Anambra is number one when it comes to money rituals in Nigeria... Even potor miscreants are aware of that

Nothing but the truth.

There are more immigrants in the SW than in other regions, it's expected for more news to be reported in the region.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Ugosample(m): 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2017
Omofunaab2:

What is this one saying bikonu?
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by kn23h(m): 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ugosample:

The truth.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by Omofunaab2: 6:37pm On Oct 24, 2017
Ugosample:

That you don't have sense

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by redangel2017: 8:03pm On Oct 24, 2017
There grandfather eddynogu is back to life.. It is not today I start to fear anambra..
Re: Ifeanyi Okpoko Ritual Murder: Crusade For Justice Steps In by tealaw(m): 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
Igbos r a curse to Nigeria. Let dem GO buhari.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Husband Cuts Off Man's Penis For Sleeping With His Wife In His House (Graphic) / Police In Rivers Arrest 7 Kidnappers / Three Injured As Herdsmen Invade Osun Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.