Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,803 members, 7,886,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 (25764 Views)

80 Legends Of Nairaland : 2005 - 2013 / Top 10 Rivalries On Nairaland 2005-2012 / Bombshell ! Girl Of 18 Slept With Over 50 Men ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Moyola(f): 12:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
Ohh! c! cool
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by maedan(f): 2:46pm On Mar 25, 2010
Jarus:

Hybrid of many factors.
Not necessarily having all these qualities but most of them combine two or more of these qualities:
-Consistency: MrCrackles etc
-Popularity: Davidylan etc
-Love and respect: Windywendy etc
-Unique personality: Becomrich
-Quality of contribution: Ibime, Loma, Biina etc
I agree with Maedan that it may be too early to tag anybody legend, but then we can still celebrate those that have their marks on this forum, especially given the fact that online foruming itself is still young in Nigeria and NL appears to be the most successful.

Ok, cool. I do agree with u on one thing though, when it comes to "unique character", becomrich is indeed legendary grin.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by safariman(m): 3:07pm On Mar 25, 2010
@Jarus
Its simibrazil,
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by youngies(m): 3:33pm On Mar 25, 2010
@Jarus good work.

I have seen ten years in ten day in nairaland  grin
There are some peeps you are forgetting that ran this forum ragged.

Papermoon = The first person her obituary was announced on this forum while she was still alive. Nairaland if I recall correctly was shut down temporarily because of the imbroglio.

Razor = She was a colossus in the sports section

Cute-a.s.s = If Babyosis is included, then she deserves a mention

I will post more as I remember them
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2010
youngies:

@Jarus good work.

I have seen ten years in ten day in nairaland grin
There are some peeps you are forgetting that ran this forum ragged.

Papermoon = The first person her obituary was announced on this forum while she was still alive. Nairaland if I recall correctly was shut down temporarily because of the imbroglio.

Razor = She was a colossus in the sports section

Cute-a.s.s = If Babyosis is included, then she deserves a mention

I will post more as I remember them
I dug through Papermoon's history now and saw she was here between Jan and July 2006. Did she use another username or left since 2006?
Razor already being considered as past legend.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by spikedcylinder: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2010
I remember the papermoon brouhaha! My my, that woman was funny!!!! Don't know why she did what she did but I really used to enjoy her posts.
I remember Mama Put too. Mama Put was the Sistawoman of 2006.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by lalaboi(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2010
Imagine. . . . Am not a legend. . . a whole lalaboi, . who has repped nairaland to the fuulest angry angry
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 8:07am On Mar 26, 2010
lalaboi:

Imagine. . . . Am not a legend. . . a whole lalaboi, . who has repped nairaland to the fuulest angry angry
You truly are. Consistency since 2006 no be moin moin.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by abes(m): 8:40am On Mar 26, 2010
Ok,
I nominate myself for the gold category: current legend.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by eleshin(m): 2:38pm On Mar 26, 2010
so many legends going by those criterias.we will have more dan 10000.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by youngies(m): 4:27pm On Mar 26, 2010
Jarus:

I dug through Papermoon's history now and saw she was here between Jan and July 2006. Did she use another username or left since 2006?
Razor already being considered as past legend.

Jarus I think the concentration should be on the IMPACT made while it lasts and not neccessarily for how long.

spikedcylinder:

I remember the papermoon brouhaha! My my, that woman was funny!!!! Don't know why she did what she did but I really used to enjoy her posts.
I remember Mama Put too. Mama Put was the Sistawoman of 2006.

papermoon na die  grin  grin This her post still ranks among the funniest on this land.

Take a look:
Quote from: papermoon on January 25, 2006, 06:24 PM
yes i remember my first kiss, it was with my ghanaian neighbour, (this kid was about 8.same age as me)and we were playing hide and seek, and for some perverted reason, he chose to HIDE in the same closet as me, and came to SEEK my lips,
i might have just been 8 but i no go lie it was sweet, so sweet that i tried to replicate it with my uncle, (i was not abused as a child o.)i willingly walked up to my uncle and told him that i wanted to do the thing "jerry rawlings" and i did, my uncle said what?and as i brought my face close to him and pointed my little ashawo lips to his, he gave me a fine slap, TWWAAAI, was the last i heard till i staggered on the floor, lets just say i had never done so much frog jumps in my life since that day, and for some strange reason, ghana boy never was allowed back into our house, and YESS, anytime i face a plate of kenkey and the sauce and fried fish, i think of my ghanaian loverkid, damn, those were the days, 
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by spikedcylinder: 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2010
Lol. I remember that her post, I also remember she used to have a very close relationship with her dad because she was always talking about him.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by manmustwac(m): 9:12pm On Mar 26, 2010
@jarus
eveseh set a world record of over 10'000 posts in only four months why isn't she here? And what about almondjoy?
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by netotse(m): 9:41pm On Mar 26, 2010
i also remember that post too. . .i think it was one of the reasons i'm on NL sef. . .lol
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by maedan(f): 10:04pm On Mar 26, 2010
manmustwac:

@jarus
eveseh set a world record of over [b]10'000 posts in only four months[/b] why isn't she here? And what about almondjoy?
shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Only heaven knows what she found to post about tongue. Jesu Kristi!!! Talk about over-exuberance. That means she was virtually living online. Goodness embarassed.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 11:43pm On Mar 26, 2010
Ssup Jarus
What about Sagamite, eldee,Doyin13 and Dr.Kit
And I think FL Gators too (Alagolo)
Maybe Lesleen shd be mentioned also
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jcob(m): 10:59pm On Mar 27, 2010
Great work Jarus. The list is cool. They are legends indeed and i think Orikinla should be added, he was one of those that built the Literature section. I joined Nl in '06 with my former id and i could not live a day without spending half of it here. I learnt a lot back then from business to romance. Though some of them no longer visit this site but we thank God more gurus are joining.
[s] if no be say i dey chase Toyosi20 around the forum in 2007 maybe i for don impart knowledge and my name self for dey the list.[/s]
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 7:42am On Mar 28, 2010
Jcob:

Great work Jarus. The list is cool. They are legends indeed and i think Orikinla should be added, he was one of those that built the Literature section. I joined Nl in '06 with my former id and i could not live a day without spending half of it here. I learnt a lot back then from business to romance. Though some of them no longer visit this site but we thank God more gurus are joining.
[s] if no be say i dey chase Toyosi20 around the forum in 2007 maybe i for don impart knowledge and my name self for dey the list.[/s]
see your life outside grin grin grin

tkb417:

Ssup Jarus
What about Sagamite, eldee,Doyin13 and Dr.Kit
And I think FL Gators too (Alagolo)
Maybe Lesleen shd be mentioned also
Under review
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by bluespice(f): 8:02am On Mar 28, 2010
i'll nominate Lady T, stephenP, Wesleyan (not sure if that's the right spelling), Amakaone and sisikill
'spity none of them is that frequent any more (LadyT and StephenP have pretty much left NL)
but they were legendary in their boards of specialities as well as all through the forum (if i might say so)
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 8:39am On Mar 28, 2010
bluespice:

i'll nominate Lady T, stephenP, Wesleyan (not sure if that's the right spelling), Amakaone and sisikill
'spity none of them is that frequent any more (LadyT and StephenP have pretty much left NL)
but they were legendary in their boards of specialities as well as all through the forum (if i might say so)
Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately, the list is complete.
Much respect to the nominees up there.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 8:40am On Mar 28, 2010
NOW OVER TO YOU: LET'S SEE YOUR FIVE GREATEST NAIRALANDERS OF ALL TIME?
PREFERABLY, BUT NOT NECESSARILY, FROM OUR LIST
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by tkb417(m): 10:06am On Mar 28, 2010
Good one Jarus
Chei we have 50 already. Inspired (auto section), Pataki, eldee, Akin Alabi, amakaone are super peeps too
Nyways as for my greatest 5

In no particular order
They are
1) Debosky
2) Dayokanu
3) Sauron
4) Dr Kitaun
5) Davidylan

Those are my picks and I swear they are wonderful and worthy REPs of NL
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 10:36am On Mar 28, 2010
tkb417:

Good one Jarus
Chei we have 50 already. Inspired (auto section), Pataki, eldee, Akin Alabi, amakaone are super peeps too
It's a pity these guys couldn't make my list. They are all quality Nairalanders. I remember doing a small research on pataki but due to his having more than one usernames(mrpataki, pataki etc), I couldn't get full info on him. Akin Alabi is also a legend no doubt. Due to space, we were constrained to leave the list at 50.
Anyways, they are all honourable mentions.

tkb417:

In no particular order
They are
1) Debosky
2) Dayokanu
3) Sauron
4) Dr Kitaun
5) Davidylan

Good. Let's keep them coming.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 28, 2010
Meaning of a LegenD

* A very famous person
* A story about mythical or supernatural beings or events
* Brief description accompanying an illustration
* A young man must stop the Lord of Darkness from both destroying daylight and marrying the woman he loves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089469/

Don't impersonate if you are not one,

I don't know why people in this world wants to get famous by force. It's a natural stuff and developmental process

Just my saying #3
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by backlash09: 7:08pm On Mar 28, 2010
tkb417:

Good one Jarus

In no particular order
They are
1) Debosky
2) Dayokanu
3) Sauron
4) Dr Kitaun
5) Davidylan

Now here's one heck of a bum kisser tongue. Your no.3 has no claim to fame but his so-called power to insult. He feels people fear him when actually, he is abhorred for his lack of decorum during discussions. No. 4 I know not, neither do I know no.2. I know of No. 1 and No. 5 but I see no need to give them more accolades than they truly deserve. All in all, legends?? Don't make me laugh tongue.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 8:41pm On Mar 28, 2010
backlash09:

Now here's one heck of a bum kisser tongue. Your no.3 has no claim to fame but his so-called power to insult. He feels people fear him when actually, he is abhorred for his lack of decorum during discussions. No. 4 I know not, neither do I know no.2(Dayokanu). I know of No. 1 and No. 5 but I see no need to give them more accolades than they truly deserve. All in all, legends?? Don't make me laugh tongue.
To say one doesn't know Dayokanu on NL is almost as good as not being on NL. 95% o active Nairlanders know Dayokanu. But knowing that you joined less than four months go, I can only say welcome to NL.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Jarus(m): 8:46pm On Mar 28, 2010
faakay:

Meaning of a LegenD

* A very famous person

* A story about mythical or supernatural beings or events
* Brief description accompanying an illustration
* A young man must stop the Lord of Darkness from both destroying daylight and marrying the woman he loves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089469/

Don't impersonate if you are not one,

I don't know why people in this world wants to get famous by force. It's a natural stuff and developmental process

Just my saying #3

All of them pass the fame test. They are all famous at least in one section, while some are known forum-wide.
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Mar 28, 2010
Jarus:

To say one doesn't know Dayokanu on NL is almost as good as not being on NL. 95% o active Nairlanders know Dayokanu. But knowing that you joined less than four months go, I can only say welcome to NL.

grin cheesy grin *death*

@post
I dont have the Great or the Greatest. . . . I dont recognize Legend and what not. Famous? Hardly.
But these ppl have that "attitude" I like and even respect.

1. TOH/Karmamod/ D_reloaded etc etc grin
2. Busy_body/ big_bumper
3. Ohsis/ Nwando/ BabyOsis/ etc etc grin
4. TOYOSI20
5.Dayokanu
6. JennyKadri/Danke
7. Mukina2 [For all her haters out there, you sef even gotta commend her for her power to [b]ignore [/b]y'all nonsense] grin
8.Debosky
9.tpia [No tpia, I will not remove your name from MY list]
10. Chamotex

11. Mamagee

NUMBER 11 IS BY HERSELF THO. Still loff the chick's attitude, but see how I separated her from the rest grin grin
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by mamagee3(f): 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2010
The users I respect and I almost take them as my friends are:

Gabry. cheesy cheesy
Seun. cheesy
The-Seeker, even though he has been banned for 2months now.

I don't know about others but these are the people I love discussing with. cheesy
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:22pm On Mar 28, 2010
Ass kissers!!!
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by Hauwa1: 10:26pm On Mar 28, 2010
gindi, idi and ike kissers  !!!
Re: 50 Men and Women That Moved Nairaland: 2005-2010 by backlash09: 11:08pm On Mar 28, 2010
*Hauwa*:

gindi, idi and ike kissers  !!!

You gat it grin wink cheesy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Somali Girls Are Most Beautyful In Africa (second Part Discussion) / Ambode Lights Up M.K.O Abiola Garden And Many More Roads (photos) / L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.