Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,630 members, 7,898,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 11:30 AM

FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War (24474 Views)

FFK Reacts To Sowore’s Arrest: "He's Not My Friend, He Defamed Me, But..." / IPOB Is A Threat To Unity, Herdsmen Is Not, Lai Mohammed Tells BBC - FFK Reacts / Proof That Ojukwu Visited Buhari In His House In Daura In 2003 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by GavelSlam: 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2017
Okuda:

what do you know about sentiments? you are here trying to use your yeye "intelligence" to cover your ignorance. did you ever read what transpired at Aburi? This is the question I asked you?

You want me to start boasting about books I've read?

I insist you lot are sentimental.

A primary actor in the what transpired has given his role and opinion yet out of sentiments you choose which rose tinted version you prefer.
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by Okuda(m): 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2017
GavelSlam:

You want me to start boasting about books I've read?

I insist you lot are sentimental.

A primary actor in the what transpired has given his role and opinion yet out of sentiments you choose which rose tinted version you prefer.

your primary actor is a bloody liar and he was and is not a man of his words and he was so intimidated by the intelligence of Ojukwu, so he mostly did not understand the things he consented to at the meeting. I watched videos. They do not lie.

1 Like

Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by excel101(m): 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2017
it was Gen. Gowan illiteracy that actually led to the Civil War

3 Likes

Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by GavelSlam: 7:18pm On Oct 25, 2017
Okuda:

your primary actor is a bloody liar and he was and is not a man of his words and he was so intimidated by the intelligence of Ojukwu, so he mostly did not understand the things he consented to at the meeting. I watched videos. They do not lie.

"They called General Yakubu Gowon a genocidal maniac, a child-killer, an Igbo-hater and a tribalist simply because he stood up to Ojukwu and insisted on keeping Nigeria together and even though he declared that there was “no victor and no vanquished” after the war."

http://nigershowbiz.com/femi-fani-kayode-hits-igbos-again/

Someone ought to tell them that this is not a virtue but a vice. It is a cultural deficiency which is borne out of not having any history. If they did they would be less aggressive, more restrained and far more civil to others.... Same Fani-kayode.

Of course we also have the infamous:
The Bitter Truth About The Igbo.

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/bitter-truth-igbo-femi-fani-kayode/amp/

Conclusion:

People tell stories the way it suits them best.
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by toprealman: 7:21pm On Oct 25, 2017
WealthPhillips:
Meanwhile, please rate my artwork
You have great talent no doubt.
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 25, 2017
Homeboiy:

Ok buy can u help me with 1k
What do you need 1k for?
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by gawu1: 9:06pm On Oct 25, 2017
phkka1:
Not being prepared has always been part of the northern Nigeria. Gowon going for such an important meeting did not have anything to contribute. Ojukwu wrote something on pink paper. Gowon came back and was having fever that is the reason why he could not let Nigerians know the decision at Aburi.

Buhari was contesting for election for a period of 16 years. When he got the position, for a period of 6 months he could not form his carbinate. After over 2 years, the economy is in shamble.

Foolishness of the north is the problem of Nigeria.

Is Gowon a northerner? I thought he is from middle belt.
By the way, South has held sway to power 16 years for the 17 to 18 yrs since the present democratic dispensation, but has failed to restructure the country to what they want it to be. Now that a northerner is in power and after just two yrs south lost power to north, the same south want nigeria restructure. They are always quick in attributing every problem of nigeria to north.
Isn't it disgusting & very appalling to hear people who think they are more educated and civilized attributing their weaknesses each time to those they see as savages and backward? Northerners are foolish who out wit smart southerners since time immemorial. That is why north see you Southerners as educated illiterates and gullible sheeples; that is why foolish north will continue to dictate destiny of 'wise south'. Or if one is not idiot, how can a foolish person be one's problem?

1 Like

Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by Yusman316(m): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2017
AntiWailer:
FFK new PRO for IPOB.
The defunct ipob or political party they re going to form
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by KINGS100(m): 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

There are many memoirs out there and the truth is well-known.

Only Col. Katsina of the North kinda disagreed with the Accord from the beginning. The late Oba of Benin, Oba Erediauwa was among those at Aburi. As the permanent secretary of the cabinet office (the bureaucracy that ran FG seat of power then). It is in his memoir too.

Gowon was simply ill-prepared. While Oxford-educated Ojukwu was meticulously prepared. The Cambridge-educated Prince Solomon Akenzua (later Oba Erediauwa) could see it clearly. Ojukwu ambushed and floored Gowon cleanly.

All the Southern military governors as members of SMC who went to Aburi with Gowon to negotiate liked the accord because it gave them more power. Only Katsina was unhappy about the decentralisation of power it meant.

But when crucial decisions were to be taken, the well-educated civil servants that had years of experience in colonial civil service were asked to leave the room. Only to return and be given minutes of decisions reached. The FG civil servants would each time be horrified by the sheer amateurism of Jack Gowon.

By the time the Accord was to be officially ratified in an FG-Biafra meeting in the then Ultra-modern conference hall of NIFOR HQ near Benin City, Gowon under pressure from the North had realised his error in Aburi. They came with a watered-down version.

Meanwhile Igbo/Anioma sources in Midwest/FG already knew the content of the new FG version. So Ojukwu despite visiting Benin a day or so earlier refused to attend NIFOR meeting. Gowon & FG waited in vain and returned to Lagos.
So the war became inevitable.

Ghana govt has never disputed the Aburi Accord version that Ojukwu released.

Gowon was just too young & inexperienced.

Gen. Femi Ogundipe who was 10 years older than Gowon and far senior in the military, should have become HoS as deputy to Ironsi and would have handled the crisis far better. In fact Ojukwu was partly angered by sidelining of Ogundipe for Gowon to be HoS.

History is all there to read and learn.
what you have written is the truth, I have read it on several articles and text books. the aburi agreements. Gen Gowon is a shameless unrepentant layer.

1 Like

Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by KINGS100(m): 9:26pm On Oct 25, 2017
Goke7:

were you in the meeting, how do you know he is lying?
do u even read history stall?
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by Homeboiy: 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2017
ZandhaZaraZ:
What do you need 1k for?

I wan use am buy food wey I go eat
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by nedum77: 9:32pm On Oct 25, 2017
I salute u ffk for standing for the truth.Godbless u sir. I'm still wondering y elder Gowon resorted to lying, its a shame
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by PFRB: 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2017
MrPolitics:
I'm not taking sides but was he there to know what transpired?

Why did Gowon not say this when Ojukwu was alife
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2017
AreaFada2:

Only Col. Katsina of the North kinda disagreed with the Accord from the beginning. The late Oba of Benin, Oba Erediauwa was among those at Aburi. As the permanent secretary of the cabinet office (the bureaucracy that ran FG seat of power then). It is in his memoir too.

Gowon was simply ill-prepared. While Oxford-educated Ojukwu was meticulously prepared. The Cambridge-educated Prince Solomon Akenzua (later Oba Erediauwa) could see it clearly. Ojukwu ambushed and floored Gowon cleanly.

All the Southern military governors as members of SMC who went to Aburi with Gowon to negotiate liked the accord because it gave them more power. Only Katsina was unhappy about the decentralisation of power it meant.

But when crucial decisions were to be taken, the well-educated civil servants that had years of experience in colonial civil service were asked to leave the room. Only to return and be given minutes of decisions reached. The FG civil servants would each time be horrified by the sheer amateurism of Jack Gowon.

By the time the Accord was to be officially ratified in an FG-Biafra meeting in the then Ultra-modern conference hall of NIFOR HQ near Benin City, Gowon under pressure from the North had realised his error in Aburi. They came with a watered-down version.

Meanwhile Igbo/Anioma sources in Midwest/FG already knew the content of the new FG version. So Ojukwu despite visiting Benin a day or so earlier refused to attend NIFOR meeting. Gowon & FG waited in vain and returned to Lagos.

Gen. Femi Ogundipe who was 10 years older than Gowon and far senior in the military, should have become HoS as deputy to Ironsi and would have handled the crisis far better. In fact Ojukwu was partly angered by sidelining of Ogundipe for Gowon to be HoS.

Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by jumobi1(m): 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2017
Well FFK’s father was a big boy back in the days so he would have info most aren’t privy to.
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by giftiy(m): 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2017
Yyeske:
This one only feels like something anytime he says anything Biafra, Igbo, IPOB and Ojukwu. He can never say anything about making Osun state a better state
I tire
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by cyrilamx(m): 6:43am On Oct 26, 2017
While I learnt a lot from ur pontification, I disagree with you regarding Ogundipe being made HoS on ground of being the next in line. It wasn't an impeachment, It was a military putsch and only the brave dare take that seat. Again while the screaming, was Ojukwu not part of Ironsi's military council that made the decree reversing the Nigerian federal structure to a unitary one in 1966? Yes the evil unification decree 34. Why didn't Ojukwu cry foul?
AreaFada2:

Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by Obec70(m): 6:57am On Oct 26, 2017
Asaba massacre was being remembered the government gave a stern warning in other to stop it, how come an old man came up with such an insinuation @ this point in time? they should not take for granted
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by alaskido(m): 7:04am On Oct 26, 2017
FFK is correct. That was the gospel truth. Gowon did not keep to the Aburi agreement. We all know this. So anyone commenting rubbish must be part of the Cabal in Aso Rock.
Re: FFK Reacts To Claims By Gowon That Ojukwu's Lies Caused Civil War by jamjo: 2:46pm On Oct 26, 2017
GavelSlam:

"They called General Yakubu Gowon a genocidal maniac, a child-killer, an Igbo-hater and a tribalist simply because he stood up to Ojukwu and insisted on keeping Nigeria together and even though he declared that there was “no victor and no vanquished” after the war."

http://nigershowbiz.com/femi-fani-kayode-hits-igbos-again/

Someone ought to tell them that this is not a virtue but a vice. It is a cultural deficiency which is borne out of not having any history. If they did they would be less aggressive, more restrained and far more civil to others.... Same Fani-kayode.

Of course we also have the infamous:
The Bitter Truth About The Igbo.

https://www.google.no/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2017/06/bitter-truth-igbo-femi-fani-kayode/amp/

Conclusion:

People tell stories the way it suits them best.

People may tell stories the way it suits them but documents and videos recordings on what transpired are still there for people to see. Ojukwu never wanted to go to war with Nigeria, all he wanted was a restructured Nigeria and that was what Aburi was all about and they signed it. Nigeria brought a war to Ojukwu, Ojukwu never brought the war to Nigeria. Look at Nigeria today, majorities are clamoring for restructuring, that was what Ojukwu did 50 years ago with Aburi accord.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Surge In Voters' Registration: INEC Should Be Up And Doing (Photos) / Food Prices In Governor Sanwo-Olu's Subsidised Market Higher Than Actual Market' / Aremu Gawat, TV presenter, kidnapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.