Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,623 members, 7,908,609 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:35 AM

Where Is The Best Place To Start Your Career? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Where Is The Best Place To Start Your Career? (696 Views)

Kick Start Your Career As A Software Developer In 2018 / What Decision You Made That Made Or Marred Your Career? / Boost Your Career In Digital Marketing - Get Google Certification In One Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is The Best Place To Start Your Career? by always4uok(m): 12:54pm On Oct 25, 2017
You’re graduating this year with a shiny new Computer Science degree. Congrats. The world will soon be at your fingertips; now all you have to do is choose what to work on. What are your options?

Option 1: Join a large tech company
You’ll go from living on a college budget to making six-figures when you start.

Option 2: Join an early-stage startup
A lot of responsibility, you’ll make a real impact on the product. BIG equity. You’ll be set for life if it really takes off.

Option 3: Start your own company
Work on your side project full-time. Apply to an accelerator. Pivot to something else. Now is the time to take risks, and you can another startup if it doesn’t work out.

Option 4: Join a mid-stage startup... read more at http://cleshay.com.ng/blog1/
Re: Where Is The Best Place To Start Your Career? by always4uok(m): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2017
I had similar questions before I started off, I believe I made the right decision. I highly recommend this for every graduate and undergraduate.

always4uok:
You’re graduating this year with a shiny new Computer Science degree. Congrats. The world will soon be at your fingertips; now all you have to do is choose what to work on. What are your options?

A lot of responsibility, you’ll make a real impact on the product. BIG equity. You’ll be set for life if it really takes off.

Work on your side project full-time. Apply to an accelerator. Pivot to something else. Now is the time to take risks, and you can another startup if it doesn’t work out.

Re: Where Is The Best Place To Start Your Career? by always4uok(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2017
I battled with this question when I finished my degree program. You can learn a lot from this...

always4uok:

(1) (Reply)

Offshore Workers Sent Forth An expatriate in TOTAL Offshore Drilling Rig (pic) / After The N Power Verification Exercise, What Next? / The Deputy Governor Of Lagos State To Attend TAMS Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.