Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,925 members, 7,973,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:44 AM

Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me (718 Views)

South African Lady Accuses Her Nigerian Husband Of Beating Her (Video) / My Girlfriend Told Me She Is Not In Good Health And Wouldn't Want Me To Suffer / Nigerian Husband And His Wife Kiss In An Elevator. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by Themartins2: 12:22am On Oct 26, 2017
I'm American I been married for two years to my husband. We have separated for 3 mts now. I don't like that my husband goes out without me. I told him and he has not changed. The last time he went out I got​ so stressed and overwhelmed I ripped up all our wedding pictures. He left but he still pay my rent and by groceries. He say he doesn't love me anymore. Should I file for divorce or wait it out.
Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by PenisCaP: 12:48am On Oct 26, 2017
He said he doesnt love u anymor?.. wow i understsnd how u feel.

Well..
was it drunk wen he said it?
Was he angry?.

If the answers to these last 2 questions are YES.
Then talk to him.
but if NO.. then stop westing ur time and do the needful.
Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by Me77: 1:19am On Oct 26, 2017
Themartins2:
I'm American I been married for two years to my husband. We have separated for 3 mts now. I don't like that my husband goes out without me. I told him and he has not changed. The last time he went out I got​ so stressed and overwhelmed I ripped up all our wedding pictures. He left but he still pay my rent and by groceries. He say he doesn't love me anymore . Should I file for divorce or wait it out.
Your story isn't complete., it seems to me you are the kinda nagging wife, who wouldn't let her husband be in peace. Hence he is always going out without you, to have a bit of freedom.
Poor man.
If it's otherwise; then I am afraid to say he has got a wife back home, do a thorough background check on him and you might just find out.
On reconciliation, he has already told you he doesn't love anymore. I don't know how serious he meant it, but if you still want to work it out, try reaching out to his parents or close relatives and report to them how their son is behaving, which is affecting you badly. They may try to make amend between you both.
Good luck.
Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by Lexusgs430: 1:55am On Oct 26, 2017
Themartins2:
I'm American I been married for two years to my husband. We have separated for 3 mts now. I don't like that my husband goes out without me. I told him and he has not changed. The last time he went out I got​ so stressed and overwhelmed I ripped up all our wedding pictures. He left but he still pay my rent and by groceries. He say he doesn't love me anymore. Should I file for divorce or wait it out.

3 questions

- Has he got his American citizenship status rectified (if he requires this)?
- He already told you he does not love you any more, so why try forcing the inevitable?
- I think you already know the answer, but you are hoping beyond hope, that a magical session might occur and he comes back home. Why delay and causing heart ache + depression?

1 Like

Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by Themartins2: 2:07am On Oct 26, 2017
I like your honesty. I know my husband has a son back.home in Nigeria. He says his son's mother moved on and married someone else.. I do talk to his family. I talk to his sister she does listen to me but I'm tired of reaching out to them. It's to the point my husband doesn't want me to talk to his sister anymore. Every weekend it's a different reason to go out. He was drinking herbs. I didn't know he was drinking herbs with a co worker of mine until my coworker comes to me says oh I didn't know that your husband I was drinking herbs with him . I said what is herbs he says your a wife you can't tell when ur husband drink herbs I said no he just come home go to sleep
He says no he should have strength to make baby.
Following weekend​ I went to sleep at 9 pm I wake up at 3 am . My husband is gone. I call him he out at a party .
3rd weekend he has a ten pm business meeting.
his uncle wife birthday party. I wasn't invited. But when they have car issues there kids come to my house.
I feel it's not fair.. we don't even have date night as a couple. He always out with his friends.
We don't have kids together and I don't have any kids at all so maybe I should just move on..
Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by IamIBK: 2:21am On Oct 26, 2017
Themartins2:
I like your honesty. I know my husband has a son back.home in Nigeria. He says his son's mother moved on and married someone else.. I do talk to his family. I talk to his sister she does listen to me but I'm tired of reaching out to them. It's to the point my husband doesn't want me to talk to his sister anymore. Every weekend it's a different reason to go out. He was drinking herbs. I didn't know he was drinking herbs with a co worker of mine until my coworker comes to me says oh I didn't know that your husband I was drinking herbs with him . I said what is herbs he says your a wife you can't tell when ur husband drink herbs I said no he just come home go to sleep
Following weekend​ I went to sleep at 9 pm I wake up at 3 am . My husband is gone. I call him he out at a party .
his uncle wife birthday party. I wasn't invited. But when they have car issues there kids come to my house.
I feel it's not fair.. we don't even have date night as a couple. He always out with his friends.
We don't have kids together and I don't have any kids at all so maybe I should just move on..
this whole thing is complicated.... I hope you find answers

1 Like

Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by Lexusgs430: 4:41am On Oct 26, 2017
Themartins2:

You still not answered some of my questions...... But the answer to your questions are written in BOLD letters on an abstract wall, you simply need to think with your brain and not your heart.... Your husband already checked out of this marriage (physically & emotionally).

I bet he is expecting you to make the move you are dreading, he is simply frustrating you and expects this frustration would eventually lead to a divorce.....

His heart and body are somewhere else and with another (not yours any more).......
Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by Darkhors3(m): 5:04am On Oct 26, 2017
Themartins2:
i understand your pain, maybe both of you should go through a necessary marriage therapy and professional counsel . Also a one on one dialogue with each other is important, don't rush into a divorce yet until you are convinced. Divorce is never always the best answer.
Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by darkmarky(m): 5:40am On Oct 26, 2017
Stop suffocating him please... If there is anything that makes me break up with a woman so quick its a woman who suffocates me with her issues and problems and nagging and wahala...
Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by Themartins2: 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2017
When o try to for divorce bad things happen to me. When I try to move out of the home. The next apartment or roommate fails. I feel more sad and depressed cause I'm fighting so much. I got hurt at work had to take a one week leave without pay. when I forget about divorce I feel more claim about this issue.my husband and I communicate is better.
My husband has two years stay only.. I been knowing my husband since he came to America on a visa for school. I live by the University and we meet each other 5 years ago..
Lexusgs430:

You still not answered some of my questions...... But the answer to your questions are written in BOLD letters on an abstract wall, you simply need to think with your brain and not your heart.... Your husband already checked out of this marriage (physically & emotionally).

I bet he is expecting you to make the move you are dreading, he is simply frustrating you and expects this frustration would eventually lead to a divorce.....

His heart and body are somewhere else and with another (not yours any more).......
Re: Does My Nigerian Husband Want Me by Lexusgs430: 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2017
Themartins2:
When o try to file for a divorce bad things happen to me. I feel more sad and depressed cause I'm fighting so much. I got hurt at work had to take a one week leave without pay. when I forget about divorce I feel more claim about this issue.my husband and I communicate is better.
My husband has two years stay only.. I been knowing my husband since he came to America on a visa for school. I live by the University and we meet each other 5 years ago.. I enjoy that he pays my house rent and I hope he continues to do so..

Unfortunately, you cannot eat your cake and have it.....

Keep enjoying the house rent payments and the unhappiness that comes bundled with it.... He is paying your rent, till he eventually gets what he wants. Hope you are saving up for that period or looking for another man, that would continue from where he stopped....

(1) (Reply)

Husband And Wife - Episode 10 - Wife Management 101 / Court Marriage: Women Should Insist On Court Marriage. / Should Sologamy(self Marriage) Be Regarded As Evil ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.