Stats: 3,191,582 members, 7,944,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 12:02 AM

Best Route? Calabar To Lagos - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Best Route? Calabar To Lagos (4536 Views)

Lagos - Abuja Best Route 2023 / I Finally Bought The Car I Went To Lagos To Buy. Now In PH With The Car / How Auto Dealers Lost Cars Worth N500m To Lagos Pipeline Fire (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by AutoElectNG: 6:32am On Oct 26, 2017
Any ideas...
Anyone...
Thank you
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2017
AutoElectNG:
Any ideas...
Anyone...
Thank you

Lagos-Shagamu interchange-Ore-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Ihiala-Orlu-Umuahia-Obot akara-Ikot ekpene-Itu (Might wanna pass through Uyo for smoother roads)-Odukpani-Calabar.

I'm going home (Calabar) next week Sunday. If you need a hand, let me know.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by AutoElectNG: 6:14pm On Oct 26, 2017
Kufie:

Lagos-Shagamu interchange-Ore-Benin-Asaba-Onitsha-Ihiala-Orlu-Umuahia-Obot akara-Ikot ekpene-Itu (Might wanna pass through Uyo for smoother roads)-Odukpani-Calabar.

Most appreciated.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by hakimi1974(m): 9:32am On Oct 24, 2019
Kufie:

what about east west road?

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 9:53am On Oct 24, 2019
hakimi1974:
what about east west road?

Unsafe on the PH - Akwa Ibom axis

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by hakimi1974(m): 12:26pm On Oct 24, 2019
Kufie:

Unsafe on the PH - Akwa Ibom axis
please clarify.
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2019
hakimi1974:
please clarify.

Just go through the route I advised
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by jabolo(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2019
Kufie:

Just go through the route I advised

This is very 'parochial' attitude, chief.

We appreciate you have been very helpful up there but shutting down the conversation like this is uncalled for.

Even I want to know what you mean by 'unsafe on the PH - Akwa Ibom' axis but it's your perogative sha.

Does anyone else have any details?
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2019
jabolo:

This is very 'parochial' attitude, chief.

We appreciate you have been very helpful up there but shutting down the conversation like this is uncalled for.

Even I want to know what you mean by 'unsafe on the PH - Akwa Ibom' axis but it's your perogative sha.

Does anyone else have any details?

I apologize. I would give more info if I had first hand experience. There’s horror stories about the “Ogoni” section of the East West road. I’ve narrowly escaped being robbed around Ahaoda before though I was driving to Warri from PHC at about 02:00am.

I suggested he used the route I advised because it’s transporter’s (ABC, AKTC, Calculux etc) favorite.

Forgive my initial response. Thank you

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by jabolo(m): 4:30pm On Oct 24, 2019
Kufie:

Forgive my initial response. Thank you

Respect.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by dcole73: 10:54am On Aug 27, 2020
Kufie:

Good day Kufie.

Would you still recommend this route at present?
Kindly reply please.
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 11:14am On Aug 27, 2020
dcole73:

Good day Kufie.

Kindly reply please.

Good day sir,

Not anymore. The section from Itu - Calabar is impassable. I did Lagos - Calabar just this Sunday and this was my route;

Lagos (through epe) - Ijebu Ode - Ore - Benin - Asaba - Enugu - Ebonyi (Afikpo) - Itigidi - Ugep - Calabar. This took a total of 14 hours and the little corolla did well. It's a long journey so make plans to fly back if you can.

PS There's major construction work going on on the Onitsha-Owerri express so one lane is closed. Avoid that route like a plague. Earlier this month I was stuck there for an hour while driving back to Lagos from Aba. It's horrific.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Dtruthspeaker: 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2020
Kufie:

Good day sir,

Not anymore. The section from Itu - Calabar is impassable. I did Lagos - Calabar just this Sunday and this was my route;

Lagos (through epe) - Ijebu Ode - Ore - Benin - Asaba - Enugu - Ebonyi (Afikpo) - Itigidi - Ugep - Calabar. This took a total of 14 hours and the little corolla did well. It's a long journey so make plans to fly back if you can.

PS There's major construction work going on on the Onitsha-Owerri express so one lane is closed. Avoid that route like a plague. Earlier this month I was stuck there for an hour while driving back to Lagos from Aba. It's horrific.

Whow Itu is still bad? lipsrsealed Nyaaaa! So no Calabar for me this Christmas. Ooooh crap!

And I do not know that Afikpo end. Please is it kind of straight?

And does Ugep-Calabar run through Ikom Road to Calabar too?

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Whow Itu is still bad? lipsrsealed Nyaaaa! So no Calabar for me this Christmas. Ooooh crap!

Getting to Afikpo from Enugu isn't straightforward. You can count on your map anyway. Yes, Ugep - Calabar is on the Ikom - Calabar highway.
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by dokyOloye: 5:57am On Aug 28, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Enugu-Abakaliki,then branch right and enter Abakaliki-Afikpo road.
Turn left at Abaomege(midway b/w Abakaliki and Afikpo)passing thru Itigidi to Ugep.
Then turn right from Ugep,straight to Calabar.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by dokyOloye: 5:59am On Aug 28, 2020
Kufie:

Getting to Afikpo from Enugu isn't straightforward. You can count on your map anyway. Yes, Ugep - Calabar is on the Ikom - Calabar highway.
He doesn't need to get to Afikpo unless he wants to do a merry go round.
Enugu to Abakaliki to Abaomege junction to Ugep to Calabar

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by dokyOloye: 6:12am On Aug 28, 2020
dcole73:

Good day Kufie.

Kindly reply please.
Your best bet is passing thru Abakaliki cos Uyo to Calabar road is terrible.
The road from Lagos to Abakaliki is a pretty straight road with exceptions of the Sagamu interchange and Benin bypass.
Get to Onitsha and join the old road to Enugu.
You will get to the end of the road at a junction called "4 corner" where it joins d Enugu-Port Harcourt Express.
Turn left and move to Enugu metropolis and then turn right to Abakaliki.
At Abakaliki, get to Spera in Deo junction(the 2nd flyover in Abakaliki metropolis)and turn right towards Afikpo.
When you reach Abaomege junction(A flyover is being built there),turn left to Ugep and get to the Ikom-Calabar Express then turn right,its straight to Calabar.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 8:25am On Aug 28, 2020
dokyOloye:

He doesn't need to get to Afikpo unless he wants to do a merry go round.
Enugu to Abakaliki to Abaomege junction to Ugep to Calabar

My bad. He won't need to get to Afikpo. From the Okigwe - Afikpo road, there's a right turn you take to Itigidi. I feel like it's way shorter than the Abakaliki section.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by dokyOloye: 8:35am On Aug 28, 2020
Kufie:

My bad. He won't need to get to Afikpo. From the Okigwe - Afikpo road, there's a right turn you take to Itigidi. I feel like it's way shorter than the Abakaliki section.
Okigwe-Afikpo road to Itigidi?
I'm very confused oo.
I doubt there's any branch-off from the Okigwe-Afikpo road that leads to Itigidi, rather it is on Afikpo to Abakaliki express.
If there is,it would be a big merry go round.
All the right turns on Okigwe-Afikpo road lead to the communities in Abia state like Ohafia,Abiriba,Uzuakoli etc and the only road connecting to Cross river/Akwa Ibom from that axis is Arochukwu road which is very bad.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2020
dokyOloye:

Okigwe-Afikpo road to Itigidi?
I'm very confused oo.
I doubt there's any branch-off from the Okigwe-Afikpo road that leads to Itigidi, rather it is on Afikpo to Abakaliki express.
If there is,it would be a big merry go round.
All the right turns on Okigwe-Afikpo road lead to the communities in Abia state like Ohafia,Abiriba,Uzuakoli etc and the only road connecting to Cross river/Akwa Ibom from that axis is Arochukwu road which is very bad.

Oh you're right. It's Abakaliki-Afikpo road. I mixed it up there. Anyway, I drove through Agwu in Enugu that's why I got on the Okigwe - Afikpo express. I'll try the Abakaliki-Afikpo section next time I have to go home.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by dcole73: 11:09am On Aug 29, 2020
Kufie:

Thanks a bunch boss.
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by dcole73: 11:12am On Aug 29, 2020
dokyOloye:

Your best bet is passing thru Abakaliki cos Uyo to Calabar road is terrible.

Thanks dokyOloye
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Kufie(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2020
dcole73:

Thanks a bunch boss.

You're welcome. Have a safe trip.

Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Acehart: 12:06pm On Aug 30, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

You don’t need to get to the Afikpo end. Just drive straight to the end of Enugu-Abakaliki road and google traffic would do the rest.
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Dtruthspeaker: 4:47pm On Sep 26, 2020
Acehart:

You don’t need to get to the Afikpo end. Just drive straight to the end of Enugu-Abakaliki road and google traffic would do the rest.

Ok,, thanks! But I'm still hoping there would be good news from the Odukpani-Itu Express way, to re feel my joys when I used to ply that road quarterly with my Sweet Audi 80, night bus, day bus, Cross Lines, Cross country, Edo line (didn't enjoy that trip), Etteyen Motors, USA Motors (these two are gone now and I remember I used to see their Marcopolos/Scania in ikot-ekpene and Agbor, Aktc, TABASCO, Calculux, Agofure (ran small and vamoosed), lets not forget RTC grin

oh December, come that thou mayest see Calabar again! grin
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Acehart: 4:52pm On Sep 26, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Ok,, thanks! But I'm still hoping there would be good news from the Odukpani-Itu Express way, to re feel my joys when I used to ply that road quarterly with my Sweet Audi 80, night bus, day bus, Cross Lines, Cross country, Edo line (didn't enjoy that trip), Etteyen Motors, USA Motors (these two are gone now and I remember I used to see their Marcopolos/Scania in ikot-ekpene and Agbor, Aktc, TABASCO, Calculux, Agofure (ran small and vamoosed), lets not forget RTC grin

Dtruthspeaker:

If you can afford it, just go by air. The 45 mins flight will delight you.
Re: Best Route? Calabar To Lagos by Dtruthspeaker: 10:45am On Sep 30, 2020
Acehart:

If you can afford it, just go by air. The 45 mins flight will delight you.

I can but Naaaaaah! A journey of 45minutes is not a Travel!

Travel means, Anticipation, Early morning preparation and loading, Breeze, Bush, Banana, Bush Meat, Canteen, Speed and Turbo Driving aiming to drive continuously at a safe speed of 160kph, Overtaking, Pursuing and being pursued, seeing how each state and town looks, seeing the different types of vehicles, Full Tank Fuel, Hoteling from the too much fun from the trip, then more buy-buy of things you have never seen before but you heard someone say that it is nice, then finally, reaching destination worn out from too much fun grin

That's Traveling, flying is a short stroll and I stroll too much, so I need a Travel.

Engine Number Wahala / Help: 2007 Honda Accord Radio Code Unlocking / Most Reliable Suv/truck

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59