Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,196 members, 7,880,722 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:15 AM

Truth About Tithe! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth About Tithe! (525 Views)

#whatif: Daddy Freez Is Correct About Tithe? / Here Is This The Truth About Tithe That Pastors Won't Tell You (photos) / The Final Truth About Tithe By Paul Eneche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Truth About Tithe! by Yuji: 2:53am On Oct 27, 2017
BECAUSE OF TITHES & SEED SOWING, CHRISTIANS ARE NO LONGER POOR "CHURCH RATS" - IT IS A BIG LIE ---->> (Eye Opener, Episode 033)

Mr. N. Dan wrote: Sir, you will agree with me that there was no such wealth as we have today in the church compared to the 80's..in fact Christians were called "church rats" . I am not alluding it's just tithes,but teaching on prosperity which hangs on tithes, seed sowing and hardworking are contributory factors.

MY RESPONSE:

I wish God opens you up to what is going on in the church...

I will add you to the Kingdom Champions Group, and tag you to let you read some eye-opening posts...

Most of the wealth you are seeing in the church today is not about tithes... IT IS ABOUT CHANGE OF MINDSET...

People are no longer thinking poverty. People's minds are now trained to think blessing and prosperity. And as a man thinks in his heart, so is he... That is why you do not need to be a christian to be rich JUSTLY... It has nothing to do with seed sowing or paying tithes... YOUR GIVING SHOULD ONLY BE AN ACT OF LOVE... it should NEVER be a method of getting richer or making money... and you should NEVER be under the law of paying 10 percent... give as you are inspired by God...

Sometimes God can use your seeds to bring about a miracle for you. BUT IT MUST BE GOD's VOICE telling you to do that (NOT a Pastor's voice). And that is usually 1 in a million times. It is NEVER the norm. And such miracles are for survival; they do not bring consistent surplus or enduring abundance... they are to help you in times of famine. Because if you know how to create abundance, most likely, you will NOT need a miracle...

Imagine Joseph was trying to pay tithes or sow seeds to bring Egypt out of famine... NO!!! He had the secrets of wealth creation and wealth preservation. THAT IS ALL YOU NEED... Aliko Dangote has some of those principles... That is why he is growing richer and richer... That is why God is releasing more and more inspirations to him.

But Pastors are getting rich and keeping several people poor by attaching people's prosperity to the tithes or the seeds they sow to the pastor or the "church"... Whereas, what is actually working is the MIND SHIFT of believers... Unbelievers call it THE LAW OF ATTRACTION... Go and read the book called THINK AND GROW RICH by Napoleon Hill.. and observe the principles some people who do not even know God use to create wealth and get rich.

III John 2 states, I wish above all things that thou may prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers. If your soul prospers, you will prosper too. SOUL PROSPERITY is the ONLY thing you need for PHYSICAL PROSPERITY... It is NOT tithes or seed sowing...

The real poverty lives in the mentality of people. Wealth is all around people; but they cannot see it... That is why they easily believe people who tell them that they will get rich by tithes and "seeds"...

There are so many of us not paying tithes... and we are not poor...
If it is by paying tithes, unbelievers should not even have a chance of being rich...

Which pastor is Mark Zuckerberg paying his tithes to for Facebook not to collapse??

Which pastor is Bill Gates paying his tithes to that is making the whole world pay money for his Microsoft softwares?

Which pastor are the richest men paying their tithes to... and their wealth is NOT unjust but useful to us all??

Are you saying that God hates the Christians so much that HE is only going to bless unbelievers... But for Christians, they have to pay their tithes That is laughable...

JUST UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLES OF WEALTH CREATION. and you will never need to ignorantly depend on tithes...

I NEVER PAID TITHES to become a millionaire before I left Nigeria... I just worked hard to create the wealth I needed

I wish I can tell you more, BUT wait for my next book titled "IF YOU ARE USEFUL, YOU ARE NOT POOR"... IT is Coming Soon. There will be opportunity to read it free of charge.

Blessings !!!

NB. If you like to read more eye-opening episodes like this, please CLICK the following link to join the KINGDOM CHAMPIONS GROUP where we rule and reign on earth by God's Wisdom:

https://www./KingdomFocus1

1 Like

Re: Truth About Tithe! by Yuji: 5:28am On Oct 28, 2017
YOUR MUMU DON DO; KNOW GOD FOR YOURSELF - (Eye Opener, Episode 038)

I read a book written by a renowned man of God, who testified in that book that a brother who was a contractor had not been paying his tithes even when things were rosy for him. But there came a time when down turn set in, and he went to seek God’s face through the man of God. The man of God said, the lord asked him to tell the man that he was not faithful in his tithes but if he should repent and adhere to it, every thing will turn out for good. And true to his words, it actually proved so. My question here is, could it be that the man of God lied or the scripture interpretation by some of us is out of context or there is a contradiction in between somewhere?? What needs to be clear here? I actually wanted to qoute the book and the author, whom I presume to be kenneth Hagin but it was long ago i read it.

The above was a question asked by a beloved brother. And I could understand him well. I had been there before. When I would feel confused about God telling some great men of God that the covenant of tithing is the secret of prosperity. And God told me something completely different or opposite. I thank God I know God personally. And I knew that these great men of God too could not have been lying. If God did not tell them, they would not have said it and even be teaching millions of people. “How come God?” “What is going on here that I do not understand?” Those were my questions to God. Over time, I was able to understand to a large extent where the contradictions were coming from. I will endeavor to share some of them here by answering the brother’s question above.

God is a merciful God. He tells people the source of their problems if they sincerely ask Him. And because He is not a talkative, He only speaks details and relate in details with those who are interested in hearing Him and spending enough and quality time with Him. And He likes those who are curious, those who love knowledge, those who are never tired of asking Him questions. Not those who have to go and meet another man of God to know what God is saying, not spiritually deaf people. And the truth is TRULY HUNGRY PEOPLE ARE NEVER DEAF. He said you shall seek ME and find ME when you search for ME with ALL of your heart.

This same God told me to stop paying tithes, and that He was not blessing me because of my tithes. I simply obeyed and I began to get money such that I was even scared. If you have read many of my posts, you should have seen the story somewhere.

Now, why would that same God tell someone that his business was not doing well because he missed payment of tithes? I wish I can make it very clear but I will try my best.

I will tell you one possible reason here and may be in another post, I will share the other one.

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he... If you do not have a solid relationship with God and may be you do not spend enough time with God to hear God in details, and probably your heart has been condemning you for not paying tithes from all kinds of preachings you have been feeding on, then the devil can use it to rob you of your blessings...

Take note that many of us are not paying tithes and we are super blessed by God. The ones who are affected by not paying tithes are the ones who believe in the curse of tithes.. Their subconscious has swallowed the curse and it is activated in their lives. So, God in His mercies can tell them that is the reason for their problem. Take note that people who do not spend enough time having communion with God usually get short answers (NOT detailed response) from God whenever they get to hear by chance or hear it from another man. Such people are the easiest captives of religion. They do not have a Father-Son relationship with God so that they know how to ask God “Why”. Many people paying tithes cannot answer the question WHY 10 percent? What is the significant of the number 10? They are just doing it religiously, priding themselves in the self-righteousness of obeying God.

Let me give you another analogy. For instance, God speaks to some ministers that a witch or a wizard is the person responsible for someone’s problem. That is true BUT not complete truth... If the person affected were to be a good friend of God, the person will eventually realize that the cause of his problem is actually is lack of knowledge of who he is IN CHRIST. My people perish for lack of knowledge, NOT because of witches or wizards. If you know who you are in Christ, witches cannot harass, molest or oppress you. I hope you are getting me. Yet, people rather stay at the level of praying against witches for many years instead of developing a personal relationship with God to the point that witches will now be afraid of them without having to pray against them. A similar thing is what is happening to those who are celebrating tithes. They are stuck at the religious level. They have not yet understood the freedom of the Spirit.

This is why it is dangerous to hear what God told someone and that is what you are running with your whole life. Many people only know the things that God told Daddy GO or that God told Bishop or senior prophet. It is a proof of lack of personal relationship with God. This is why some people are not wearing earrings and jeweleries till today. Because God told their leader that he should not do it. And they formed doctrines for everyone around it. The fact that God told someone to pay 10 percent of his money does not make it applicable to everyone. Religious people like to generalize personal instructions given to them. They would say what God says to one, He says to all. Yet there are many specific things Jesus said to other people in the Bible that they are not doing. For example, Jesus told a man “go sell all you have and give to the poor”. They will not tell you that kind of word goes to all. Many people do not know God for themselves and they just follow what the founder of their “church” says like Mumu...

This is why the concept of tithes is strongly rooted in a lot of people. It is because their founders are passionate advocates of it. In conclusion bro, OUR MUMU DON DO... It is time for everyone to know God for himself or herself.

When your pastor or leader teaches you, you should know how to hear in the spirit whether what he or she is saying is true or not. You should know how to ask the right questions, you should know how to do your own diligent research and study, as a workman that needs not be ashamed... You should learn how to hear God in details. When you can only hear God through someone, you are limited. When you can hear God by yourself, you are unlimited. KNOW GOD FOR YOURSELF!

Blessings!!!

Sunday Akinbowale

For more episodes like this, please CLICK the link below to join the KINGDOM CHAMPIONS GROUP:

https://www./KingdomFocus1
Re: Truth About Tithe! by Yuji: 6:45am On Nov 16, 2017
NEW Testament Giving, Receiving, Financial Blessings, Tithing etc.." -
Part 1 - The New Wineskin.

Jesus made a huge statement in Mark 2:22,
""And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. For the wine would burst the wineskins, and the wine and the skins would both be lost. New wine calls for new wineskins."
Let us compare with Romans 7:6
"But now we are released from the law, having died to that which held us captive, so that we serve in the NEW WAY OF THE SPRIT and NOT in the old way of the written code."

The major problem we are facing in the church now is trying to do what Jesus said must not be done. We are trying to put the new wine into the old wineskin. We are trying to run the new testament in the old testament way. That is called mixture. And that is why there has been a lot of bursting in the church.

Today, we want to learn one of those new testament wineskin, so we can serve God in the new way of the Spirit. It is called giving and receiving. First of all, this teaching will have different components and I am trying to put them into a single teaching instead of series. So, keep in mind we will briefly discuss each component.

‪#‎Section1‬. The Change in Giving-Receiving Formula.
The old testament was a performance based testament, where you do something to get something, it is called law of sowing and reaping. You give this, you get that.

You sin. You die.You don't sin, you live.
You give, you get. You don't give, you don't get.
You tithe, windows of heavens are opened unto you.
You don't tithe, you are cursed. etc.

Unfortunately, NO MAN was able to live under this system. Even Moses, who brought the law could not keep it. He eventually broke it and was disqualified from entering the promised land. Eventually, Joshua (meaning "Yeshua" or Jesus in Hebrews) eventually led them to the promised land. This was a clear example that no man can make it under the old testament.

In fact, Bible says that God found fault with that covenant. Because man was unable to keep his own part. Either man was not sowing right seeds, or was sowing wrong seeds. So, the harvest was not fun for man. This was the fault God found with this testament. And thus, He established a New Testament, where He removed the unstable factor, and did it ALL by Himself.

Hebrews 8:7-12.
"7. For if that first covenant had been without fault, no place would have been sought for a second. 8.But when God found fault with the people, He said: “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. 9.It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, because they did not abide by My covenant, and I disregarded them, says the Lord. 10This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds, and inscribe them on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people. 11No longer will each one teach his neighbor or his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest. 12For I will forgive their iniquities, and remember their sins no more"

Read the long passage above carefully, you will see that in the New covenant, it was 100% of what God would do. God did not leave any part at all for man to do. In fact, He only said what man would NOT need to do "You won't need to teach your neighbor..." because He would do it all.

That is called GRACE. In fact, the faith we used to accept the Gift of God at Salvation was given to us, thru the message of Christ. "FAITH COMES by hearing the message of Christ......"

You are not capable of believing Jesus by yourself, He gave you the faith to receive the Gift.

Now, talking about finances, the same principle applies. Jesus told the disciple the type of harvest we are to do in the New Testament, and while it is different from the old testament harvest.

"37For in this case the saying ‘One sows and another reaps’ is true. 38I sent you to reap what you have not worked for; others have done the hard work, and now you have taken up their labor.”

Did you just read that?

We are sent to reap what we have not sowed. We are sent to reap what Jesus worked for. Jesus is not waiting for you to give so that He can bless you back. That is performance-based. So, you don't have to give to be blessed. You have to ask to be blessed.

"He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, GRACIOUSLY give us all things?" Romans 8:32

Wooow. Did you just read that?

What did we do to deserve Jesus? Nothing. God just gave us His Son, the Greatest Gift to humanity. And God is saying the same way, if He has given us His Best, why will He not give us smaller smaller earthly blessings GRACIOUSLY along with Him.

Take note of the word "graciously", some versions called it "FREELY". If you have to give to be blessed from God, then that is not gracious, that is performance based. That is give to get.

Now, what did Jesus teach us on how to meet our needs?
Matthew 7:7-8
"7.Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened"
Do you see that? Let us read yet another mind blowing statement from Jesus:
Matthew 6:26 (In fact, read (Matthew 6:25-34)
"26 Look at the birds of the air: they NEITHER SOW, NOR REAP nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?"

Do you see that? Jesus is simply teaching us the principle of the New Testament. Relate with God as a Father. He is a Gracious Father, He gives graciously and generously.

How many of you earthly fathers, when you child needs something from you, do you tell them to SOW first, before you give them what they need. If you do that, then you are no longer a father, but a work manager, they only get the wages of their works. Surely, no SANE father will do that.

Jesus responded by saying
"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ASK him!" Matthew 7:11 (Not those who sow to Him. Noted?)

Don't you get it? Are we defaming our heavenly Father by claiming we must give Him something to get something from Him. No.

I repeat again. You do NOT need to give anything to God to have ALL your needs met by Him. You only need to ASK.

I know for some of you, this is the first time you are hearing such statement. You have been wrongly taught for so long. It is not too late to LEARN, UNLEARN AND RELEARN.

For your information, the writer of this post is a TERRIFIC FINANCIAL GIVER. So, do not make a mistake that we are advocating for you to give less to God. No. We are rather advocating for you to give RIGHT. In the New Testament, you don't give to get ANYTHING from God.

Now, let me add unto this that, this Give-Receive Formula Shift is NOT limited to money alone, it includes everything. You did NOT GIVE you life to Christ at Salvation. You received His life. What would He possibly do with your "rotten" life...?

John 1:12
"To as many as RECEIVED Him, to them He gave power to become sons of God" Do you see that?

Also, on the forgiveness part, many people have thought that God's forgiveness depends on their own forgiveness, because of the phrase Jesus said in the prayer Jesus taught His disciples under the Old covenant. Keep in mind that was a pre-cross era - the law era. This teaching was corrected later in the Epistles:

Ephesians 4:32
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

Colossians 3:13
"Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

Do you see that? After Jesus died on the cross. He paid for ALL our forgiveness. So, we forgive others, BECAUSE the Lord already forgave us. Not in order to be forgiven. To be forgiven, you need to simply ask Jesus into your heart and confess Him as your Lord and Savior. But in the way of the Spirit, we are encouraged to forgive, as the Lord already forgave us.

As I round up section 1, and proceed to briefly discus section 2, I am going to quickly quote this Scriptural verse from Paul, who was recounting all the good works, the givings and the support He enjoyed from the Philippian church, He ended it with a huge prayer which serves as the lesson for us:

Philippians 4:18-19 (Pay attention to verse 19)
"I have all I need and more, now that I have received your gifts from Epaphroditus. They are a sweet smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well-pleasing to God.
19And my God will supply ALL YOUR NEEDS according to HIS RICHES in Christ Jesus. "

After recounting all the wonderful gifts and their financial partnership, He prayed that God would supply ALL THEIR NEEDS, NOT ACCORDING TO THEIR GIFTS, BUT ACCORDING TO HIS RICHES IN CHRIST JESUS.

Do you see that? Under part 2 of this series, we are going to understand that God wants us to be HUGE GIVERS in the New Testament. But we should not make our giving to God to become SEEDS, which we are borrowing Him to get some fruits. No No No. We should make our gifts, gifts of love to Him and as a response of His love for us.

NEVER SHOULD YOU EVER PRAY THAT GOD WILL BLESS YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR FAITHFULNESS OR GIVING OR SEED. OR ELSE YOU MIGHT DESTROY YOURSELF.

Some of us have been the source of problems in our lives. Because we actually tell God to bless us according to our seeds, and seeds go beyond money. So, He rewards some of the other things where you are at fault too, and you are complaining. STOP CAUSING TROUBLE FOR YOURSELF. STAY PURELY UNDER GOD'S GRACE.

‪#‎Section2‬. Giving to Others - in the New Testament
Now, I know some folks are already thinking about Luke 6:38
"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, shall MEN give into your bosom. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you"

Read this verse in the context from verses 36-38. You will see clearly that Jesus was not talking about giving money. He was talking about "not judging others, not condemning others, but rather forgiving others". So, in essence, He was saying "When you judge and condemn people, they will give you the same back. They will judge and condemn you too" When you judge, you will be judged. Not by God, but by people. If you forgive them, they will forgive you.

Now, listen carefully, LAW OF SOWING AND REAPING STILL HOLDS AMONG PEOPLE. Whatever you do to people, they will do the same to you in multiple folds. That is why Jesus said "good measure, pressed down and running over will MEN give to your bosom."

In fact, He warned in the earlier verses that even the gentiles are pretty good at practicing "Do good to me, I do good to you. Bless me, I bless you. Attend my party, I will attend yours. Smile at me, I will smile at you". That still holds with men.

So, don't take men for God. Men are not gracious by nature. WITH MEN, WHATSOEVER YOU SOW, YOU SHALL REAP.

No wonder the Bible says "It is more blessed to give than to receive" in Acts 20:35, lets quote the whole verse to understand that Paul was reffering to giving to men.

"In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work WE MUST HELP THE WEAK, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'IT IS MORE BLESSED TO GIVE THAN TO RECEIVE.' "

So with men, it is more blessed to give than to receive. But with God, we are ALL receiving, He is doing ALL the giving. He is a Good Good Father and We are His children. He is NOT in need, we are.

He does not need anything from us. Not even our praise. He is self sustaining. Don't mind the lie we were told that "GOD'S FOOD IS PRAISE" God does not need your praise to live. Else, He must be hungry some days that we don't give Him praise. There is no such thing in the Bible. Wise up Son of God.

We praise Him not because He needs it. But because we can't but praise such a good good gracious loving Dad. His love is EXTREMELY UNCONDITIONAL. HIS LOVE IS WILD.

At this point, I don't know how much more you can take. I still have many more things to cover and I was hoping to not go beyond Part 2. I will see how I can condense these into part 2, at worst, we will go part 3.

Here is my request: Please do not ask question on any of those parts which we will cover later, so we are not distracted answering questions before teaching.
These are what are yet to be covered which I am hoping to cover in the Part 2:
1. Does God reward us for Good works / Rewards in Heaven? Why it differs from sowing and reaping?
2. Sowing to the Spirit or sowing to the flesh and its rewards/ consequences?
3. Is Tithe, First fruits and other Old Testament offerings required / needed in the New Testaments?
4. What type of Giving are highly encouraged and practiced in the New Testament? etc..

As we come to an end of this Part, I hope you have been TERRIFICALLY BLESSED, NOT only about giving but the New Testament model itself.

These are the summaries of this part:
1. God does not need your giving to provide for your need. He only needs your asking. He is a Good Good Father who gives generously and graciously to His children.

2. Let your attitude be to receive from God in this new testament. Don't be hasty to offer sacrifices of fools. When you receive well, you will give well.

3. When you are giving offering in the church, stop speaking to your seed. It is witchcraft. Give freely and joyfully to God, it is supposed to be part of your worship. And when you were giving other parts like singing to Him, you were not speaking to your "SINGING AND DANCING SEEDS". Quite the childish play and worship God in the Spirit and Truth.

4. When dealing with people, the law of sowing and reaping still holds. Don't sow to people what you don't want to reap back, because they will give it back good measures, pressed down, shaken together

5. Don't ask God to meet your needs according to your giving or seeds, ask God to meet all your needs according to HIS RICHES IN GLORY. I hope you have been super-blessed by this in-depth teaching,

I will look forward to hearing back from you in the comments. Other parts will be released soonest. I LOVE YOU ETERNALLY IN CHRIST.

By Favour Adeyemi Aderinto (2016)

(1) (Reply)

What Is A Night Fast? 2. / Prophecy For Israel 2018 / Bro Joshua Iginla’s 2017 Fulfilled Prophecies (+videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.