Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,352 members, 7,881,298 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:12 PM

Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi (17228 Views)

Muammar Gaddafi Designed The World Safest Car Before He Was Killed(pictures) / PHOTOS: Last Moments Of Muammar Gaddafi(Viewer's Discretion) / Quit Pretending, Lets Divide Nigeria, We Aint One: Period! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 18platoon(m): 5:28pm On Mar 16, 2010
@asscend, gaddafi is no more the AU president, he wanted re-election but every member state said no to the fooooool.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by beystwin: 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
Regional autonomy is the anwser.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by chosen04(f): 5:29pm On Mar 16, 2010
THOSE THAT I SUPPORT; I DO NOT LOVE. THOSE THAT I OPPOSE; I DO NOT HATE

^^^^^Muammar Gaddafi is RIGHT.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Pennywise(m): 5:32pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

That was 1967 - 69 Nigeria when the West thought on the advice of Britain that the ignorance and illiteracy of the North could exploited to enjoy the oil in the gulf of Guinea. Well times have changed.

The same West would not want to see Islamic terrorist wannabe control another important source of oil to the World.

Trust me their is no Northern Military might in Nigeria. Russia and UK simply gave support to where their interest lies and that was what won that war. Times have changed and Foreign Policy towards Nigeria is fast changing.

It is good to write and feel good abt these things.

FYI, the Nig army has two lingua franca-english and hausa.

The coup years of 1983-1998 witnessed a lot of transformation the NA where southerners were systematically ostracized. Our pple in the military are mere observers. The core Nigerian Military is in the hands of the hausa/fulanis. It will be suicidal to ignore this fact in any tactical-strategic calculation by the south
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by princekevo(m): 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
I think Gaddafi should use his influence at the Muslem world, to ask his Nigerian Muslem brothers to let the South go. We are sick and tired of their madness.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Amhatu(m): 5:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
beystwin:

Regional autonomy is the anwser.

Better Idea would be to introduce 3 Presidents one for each region (North,South South,South West) and One Strong Prime minister.

3 Presidents given 10 year terms each and able to be reelected once.

The Prime Minister can be reelected every 10 years with unlimited terms in accordance to fair elections with others contending for the Prime Minister Spot.

My Opinion
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by deb(m): 5:41pm On Mar 16, 2010
Muslims down the south are the reasonable type and they coexist in peace with their Christian brothers
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
Pennywise:

The coup years of 1983-1998 witnessed a lot of transformation the NA where southerners were systematically ostracized. Our pple in the military are mere observers. The core Nigerian Military is in the hands of the hausa/fulanis. It will be suicidal to ignore this fact in any tactical-strategic calculation by the south

I was of the opinion that the middle belters also populated the army in good numbers ?
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 5:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
Pennywise:

I don't know who your people are. OBJ systematically balanced the Nigerian Army in his 8years as President. The days when the Nigerian Army was an extension of Sokoto caliphate are gone.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by beystwin: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2010
Amhatu:

Better Idea would be to introduce 3 Presidents one for each region (North,South South,South West) and One Strong Prime minister.

3 Presidents given 10 year terms each and able to be reelected once.

The Prime Minister can be reelected every 10 years with unlimited terms in accordance to fair elections with others contending for the Prime Minister Spot.

My Opinion

Good idea, but i was thinking of say the current geopolitical zone remain as it is; govern by their own first ministers. for unity and continuity one president with ceremonial powers only,
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Amhatu(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2010
beystwin:

Good idea, but i was thinking of say the current geopolitical zone remain as it is; govern by their own first ministers. for unity and continuity one president with ceremonial powers only,

Ceremonial powers is not enough. Nigeria is a Very Big country. Lets also remember Nigeria is a Federation. My current Proposal would bring it more
so into the governs of a Federation with regions having their say while the Prime Minister speaks for all and delegates between the 3 Regional Presidents.

My opinion
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 18platoon(m): 5:58pm On Mar 16, 2010
@oyb mend, obj just did that as a smokescreen, if obj really purged the army of northern officers where did all the COAS and all the GOCs came from, and now come and see rapid proms. abeg stop saying obj is anti north cos anything you obj did it was written on a paper for him to act beleive it or not.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 006(m): 6:03pm On Mar 16, 2010
Seun and fellow Yoruba cowards will never support splitting Nigeria into North and South, but I will sincerely ask you to let the Igbos go, or do you Nigerians want to drink all our blood?

Igbos want to leave!
Others can stay behind but let Igbos leave and stop preaching this One Nigeria bullshit.

I think for once, Gaddafi is spot on wink

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by beystwin: 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
Amhatu:

Ceremonial powers is not enough. Nigeria is a Very Big country. Lets also remember Nigeria is a Federation. My current Proposal would bring it more
so into the governs of a Federation with regions having their say while the Prime Minister speaks for all and delegates between the 3 Regional Presidents.

My opinion
Ok add power to control the military. And nothing more. kiss
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 6:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
18 platoon:

@oyb mend, obj just did that as a smokescreen, if obj really purged the army of northern officers where did all the COAS and all the GOCs came from, and now come and see rapid proms. abeg stop saying obj is anti north cos anything you obj did it was written on a paper for him to act beleive it or not.

OBJ is not anti-North. He is anti Hausa/Fulani hegemony.

Victor Malu, Matin Luthar Agwai, Luka Yusuf  . . . . .all these guys are minority Notherners (middle belt) who just want peace like the rest of us.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Pennywise(m): 6:05pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

I don't know who your people are. OBJ systematically balanced the Nigerian Army in his 8years as President. The days when the Nigerian Army was an extension of Sokoto caliphate are gone.

I assumed you were a southerner. Of course if you are a northerner there are more polite ways of making this known even in an anonymous forum.

It is expected that people will disagree on fora like these. Why not. We dont all have the same education, background, exposure, even age.

Obj was and he still is a coward. His closest friends will tell you that. They will also tell you he has no scruple and that nothing he did or tried to do can be used as reference point for anything.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by OYBMEND: 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2010
[size=18pt]NIGERIA IS ONE BIG FAILED EXPERIMENT[/size]

1 Like

Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by presido1: 6:08pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

Times have also changed because we in the South South have come to realise that the Igbos of the South East was never our problem.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

OYB_MEND:

Trust me their is no Northern Military might in Nigeria. Russia and UK simply gave support to where their interest lies and that was what won that war. Times have changed and Foreign Policy towards Nigeria is fast changing.
Is somebody using your handle?
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 006(m): 6:16pm On Mar 16, 2010
Gaddafi is making more sense. Gaddafi is right. And Jonathan has to listen to wisdom.

All of africa country would support it. And the islamic countries would support. Give us the required vote in the united nation.

Look the far north is already collecting money from oil. I dont see any reason , why we cant continue to give them. if they form thier country for peace. This thing can be worked out. As long as the africa union get involve and we sign, why not for the sake of peace. Oil is a gift of God.

You got it right, man. To avert war, the North can still get a share of the oil money as they are getting it already, so I think it will be a VERY peaceful separation.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Seun(m): 6:18pm On Mar 16, 2010
And you think the north will trust you to keep to the agreement? On what basis?
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by bgees(m): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2010
^Seun ,

why was the 'Enemies of Nigeria' thread locked?
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 18platoon(m): 6:20pm On Mar 16, 2010
@oyb mend, agwai and luka where made redundant cos office of the NSA was doing everything, the only thing they do laying of wreath on 15 january, victor malu was an ABACHA boy (remember he sentenced diya and co) and he was a principled officer cos he said he cannot take orders from british and american armies (hope you know the story) so obj sacked him. baba just killed two birds with one stone.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Ben13: 6:22pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

[size=18pt]IT'S NOT TRUE~![/size]
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

Ben-10:

[size=18pt]IT'S NOT TRUE~![/size]

Denial 101 in progress, plz do not disturb grin
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by udennaa: 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
i really dont understand y some people are against the division of nigeria.this is a country that in the first place never agreed to be one.we dont have the same culture,language,religion etc.
there are many ethnic groups but one have always taken the governance of the country as their birthright,even though they are the least educated. they see themselves as first class citizens while others are 2nd n 3rd class citizens.
nigeria is multi-religious but today is a member of OIC.we are not an arabic country,but has an arabic insciption on our naira.all thanks to a section that believe they are superior to others and takes decisions binding on all.
i wonder y we cannot see the hand writing on the wall.humans(xtians) and vampires(moslems) dont live together.the nigerian moslems have become terrors to the rest of nigerians.peace is not in their evil book n violence is in their blood so y remain one with them.the only option here is division,period!
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by bgees(m): 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2010
udennaa:

i really dont understand y some people are against the division of nigeria.this is a country that in the first place never agreed to be one.we dont have the same culture,language,religion etc.
there are many ethnic groups but one have always taken the governance of the country as their birthright,even though they are the least educated. they see themselves as first class citizens while others are 2nd n 3rd class citizens.
nigeria is multi-religious but today is a member of OIC.we are not an arabic country,but has an arabic insciption on our naira.all thanks to a section that believe they are superior to others and takes decisions binding on all.
i wonder y we cannot see the hand writing on the wall.humans(xtians) and vampires(moslems) dont live together.the nigerian moslems have become terrors to the rest of nigerians.peace is not in their evil book n violence is in their blood so y remain one with them.the only option here is division,period!

Be wise enough to differentiate between Southern and nothern muslims.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Feraz(m): 6:33pm On Mar 16, 2010
I think the solution to all these problems lies with education. How many educated northerners down south has time for maiming and killing people (pls don't use mutallab as an example)? I believe once they are educated, this country will be better. We could achieve more when we are together than when we are seperated.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by bgees(m): 6:34pm On Mar 16, 2010
Feraz:

I think the solution to all these problems lies with education. How many educated northerners down south has time for maiming and killing people (pls don't use mutallab as an example)? I believe once they are educated, this country will be better. We could achieve more when we are together than when we are seperated.

I agree with you.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 006(m): 6:36pm On Mar 16, 2010
And you think the north will trust you to keep to the agreement?  On what basis?

If the world especially the US and the UK mediate in the splitting of Nigeria and such agreement was reached, there's no way the South can breach it.
We have international court and the last time I checked, Nigeria handed over Bakassi to Cameroon peacefully.
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by 006(m): 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2010

What's your time frame to get the North educated, maybe 4015?
Abeg, talk something meaningful!
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
006:

Seun and fellow Yoruba cowards will never support splitting Nigeria into North and South, but I will sincerely ask you to let the Igbos go, or do you Nigerians want to drink all our blood?

Igbos want to leave!
Others can stay behind but let Igbos leave
and stop preaching this One Nigeria bullshit.

I think for once, Gaddafi is spot on   wink

this is an immature argument. The only viable option is for the south to remain as one country.let the Hausas leave.The middle belt can also join the South in a new republic,and trust me that new nation will still remain as powerful and influential as the current Nigeria.Even more,when you remove this stone-age Hausas .

I don't buy this your Biafra idea,and am from the SE
Re: Divide Nigeria In Two, Says Muammar Gaddafi by Oba234: 6:41pm On Mar 16, 2010
yawn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rivers Assembly: APC Members Stage Walkout Over Imposition Of Minority Leader / Tinubu, Akande, Yerima, Governors Attend APC National Caucus Meeting / FFK, Reno Omokri, Wike, 7 Others Top Opposition Voices In Nigeria Since 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.