Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,800 members, 7,879,479 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:34 PM

Court Convicts Man Of Killing And Cooking Dog - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Court Convicts Man Of Killing And Cooking Dog (552 Views)

Nature In South America :jaguar Killing And Dragging Away A Caiman(photos) / "My Kinsmen Are Killing My Snakes" - Ebonyi Man Cries Out! / Dog Sentenced To Death In Germany For Killing His Owner And Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Convicts Man Of Killing And Cooking Dog by petsarena: 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2017
Dominic O'Connor killed four-year-old collie, Jess, with a lead before cooking it using "a few onions and an Oxo cube" last December.

O'Connor, who suffers from a personality disorder, was found guilty of causing unnecessary suffering to a dog, which he had bought on Facebook.

During the two-day-trial, Downpatrick Crown court was told that O'Connor, formerly known as William Moscari, bought the dog on Facebook.

During police questioning, he explained how he had tried to strangle the animal with one lead, but because it had "too much give" he used a smaller one.

He said he then cut the animal up, cooking some of it and feeding it to another dog.

"I cooked it and fed it to the other dog with a few onions and an Oxo cube and salt and pepper," he said.

O'Connor then cut up the dog's carcass with an axe and bread knife, burned it on a fire and dumped the ashes in Portavogie harbour.

The incident was discovered when O'Connor, of Roden Street in Kircubbin, told hospital health professionals what he had done.

Police then visited his house, where they found burned dog hair and a liquid on the grate of the fire.

A friend of O'Connor's told the jury she had seen the collie one day, but noticed it was missing the following day.

O'Connor conceded that people would be disgusted by his actions, and recognised "part of it was wrong".

He will appear in court for sentencing on 21 November.
Source:http://petsarena.com.ng/2017/10/court-convicts-man-killing-cooking-dog/

Re: Court Convicts Man Of Killing And Cooking Dog by Stephenfowoyo(m): 3:44pm On Oct 27, 2017
Re: Court Convicts Man Of Killing And Cooking Dog by OfficialAwol(m): 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2017
Lolz. I'm refusing a voice telling me to ask those who would be hardest hit if this kind of law was to be instituted in Nigeria.

I'm seriously gonna refuse that voice coz I'm not asking that question.
Re: Court Convicts Man Of Killing And Cooking Dog by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 27, 2017
Meanwhile,in this part of the word some people kill,cook and eat those canines with gusto.
Re: Court Convicts Man Of Killing And Cooking Dog by ogbeniolola: 9:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
All calabar indigenes will be jailed if the law applies in Nigeria!
Re: Court Convicts Man Of Killing And Cooking Dog by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 28, 2017
That was how I came home and was told some people came to buy dog I showed them my dobie they said they want ekuke for food I ran away

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Boerboel Pups At An Affordable (give Away) Price / Male And Female Gsd, Caucasian All Pure Breed And Caucasian Mix Available A / 8wks Pedigree Quality Male&female Rott Pups For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.