Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,684 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:14 AM

Bizarre!woman Gets Photo Of Gigantic Earthworm Driven Above Ground By Heavyrains - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bizarre!woman Gets Photo Of Gigantic Earthworm Driven Above Ground By Heavyrains (814 Views)

Man Shares Photo Of What He Saw In An 'Ibadan' Hotel / Photo Of Keke Carrying A Big Water Tank / People Stopped The Traffic To Help A Gigantic Snake Cross The Road (images) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bizarre!woman Gets Photo Of Gigantic Earthworm Driven Above Ground By Heavyrains by massmediang: 11:48pm On Oct 27, 2017
A gigantic 2ft earthworm has been discovered by an Australian woman after it was driven above ground by torrential rains.

Kelli Mace posted a photo on Facebook of her holding the huge creature with two sticks after it emerged from the earth around Tamborine Mountain, Queensland, and it was soon picked up by Australian news outlets.

The area, which is covered in rain forest, is known for the massive species of worm, known as Digaster longmani, and which can grow up to 3ft long.
Usually they remain deep underground, but heavy rain across the Gold Coast area last week has driven the creatures from their borrows.

The region on the east coast of Australia saw particularly heavy rainfall on Friday when over an inch fell in 36 hours.

Paul Lyons, a member of the Tamborine Mountain National History Association, told the Courier Mail that sightings of giant worms was becoming rarer.

He said: “They are about a bit over a metre in length, about 30mm in diameter and they live deep in the rainforest soil. They burrow deep in the ground and when it gets too wet down underneath they come up.

“It was quite common to see them but now you don’t see as many as you used to because there are more houses.”
For people living around Tamborine Mountain the giant worms are a sight they have grown used to.

One resident, Jules Dollins, said: “I have definitely seen them in the area and a few of my friends who live in North Tamborine have seen

“They were quite large, actually they almost looked like a small version of a snake, just round and a giant worm.

“They were bigger than my foot so probably about a foot and a half long, and they were at my friend’s house just coming out of the ground.”

Source:
http://massmediang.com/bizarre-australian-woman-captures-photo-of-gigantic-earthworm-driven-above-ground-by-heavy-rains/

Re: Bizarre!woman Gets Photo Of Gigantic Earthworm Driven Above Ground By Heavyrains by taurusdude0(m): 11:58pm On Oct 27, 2017
massmediang:
A gigantic 2ft earthworm has been discovered by an Australian woman after it was driven above ground by torrential rains.

Kelli Mace posted a photo on Facebook of her holding the huge creature with two sticks after it emerged from the earth around Tamborine Mountain, Queensland, and it was soon picked up by Australian news outlets.

The area, which is covered in rain forest, is known for the massive species of worm, known as Digaster longmani, and which can grow up to 3ft long.
Usually they remain deep underground, but heavy rain across the Gold Coast area last week has driven the creatures from their borrows.

The region on the east coast of Australia saw particularly heavy rainfall on Friday when over an inch fell in 36 hours.

Paul Lyons, a member of the Tamborine Mountain National History Association, told the Courier Mail that sightings of giant worms was becoming rarer.

He said: “They are about a bit over a metre in length, about 30mm in diameter and they live deep in the rainforest soil. They burrow deep in the ground and when it gets too wet down underneath they come up.

“It was quite common to see them but now you don’t see as many as you used to because there are more houses.”
For people living around Tamborine Mountain the giant worms are a sight they have grown used to.

One resident, Jules Dollins, said: “I have definitely seen them in the area and a few of my friends who live in North Tamborine have seen

“They were quite large, actually they almost looked like a small version of a snake, just round and a giant worm.

“They were bigger than my foot so probably about a foot and a half long, and they were at my friend’s house just coming out of the ground.”

Source:
http://massmediang.com/bizarre-australian-woman-captures-photo-of-gigantic-earthworm-driven-above-ground-by-heavy-rains/

No be small thing see worm shocked
Re: Bizarre!woman Gets Photo Of Gigantic Earthworm Driven Above Ground By Heavyrains by Yeligray(m): 12:08am On Oct 28, 2017
Over here in my country it happens like this;
them send you give me?, thunda fire u.. Dem don expose u today. I go kill u today
Re: Bizarre!woman Gets Photo Of Gigantic Earthworm Driven Above Ground By Heavyrains by seunny4lif(m): 2:28am On Oct 28, 2017
This is a prayer point in Nigeria oooooh
Re: Bizarre!woman Gets Photo Of Gigantic Earthworm Driven Above Ground By Heavyrains by urvillagepeoplee(m): 7:34am On Oct 28, 2017
over here in 9ja,people will say its our work.

(1) (Reply)

Any Nigeria In Ghana Should Help Me. / Indian Visa: Please How Do I Obtain Indian Student Visa For 2018/2019 Session / Top Facts About Akosombo Dam And Volta Lake In Ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.