Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,346 members, 7,881,283 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:49 PM

Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! (637 Views)

APC Will Split Into Four; Buhari, Fashola Need Prayer – Blind Prophet / NNPC To Be Split Into 30 Profitable Companies, Says Kachikwu / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
Nigeria should be divided into two nations to avoid further bloodshed between Muslims and Christians, said Muammar Gaddafi, the Libyan leader, according to a BBC report.

He made this call in a speech to students, where he praised the example of India and Pakistan in 1947 saying the “partition saved the lives of millions of Hindus and Muslims.”

According to the Libyan leader, splitting Nigeria “would stop the bloodshed and burning of places of worship,” Jana, the Libyan news agency quoted him as saying.

Mr. Gaddafi, former chairman of the African Union, described the recent Jos violence as a “deep conflict of religious nature” caused by the federal state, “which was made and imposed by the British, in spite of the people’s resistance to it.”

He described the partition of India as a “historic and radical solution.” Old India nation split in 1947 into a Muslim Pakistan and Hindu-India.

The Libyan leader has a history of making such boisterous calls as he called for the abolishment of Switzerland last year, saying the Swiss land should be divided among Italy, Germany and France.

The BBC also reported that a senior Nigerian diplomat said he was not taking the suggestion seriously.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5541709-146/gaddafi_calls_for_nigeria_to_be.csp

i think he speaks the truth! no matter how long we deny it, Nigeria would never be one because the north and south would never ever ever ever EVER get along! cool
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by OYBMEND: 11:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
it will be nice to check what threads exist before posting one

Moderator pls close this thread
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 16, 2010
sounds more like a Nigerian/african correspondent than Ghaddafi.

I dont always believe everything i read on BBC, especially when it comes to Africa. Many of the reporters there are from west Africa.

Not saying Ghadaffi isnt noted for off the cuff remarks however.

Is it true some Nigerians are working in that area (libya) as slaves in the salt mines? Unable to leave?

na wa oh.
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 16, 2010
OYB_MEND:

it will be nice to check what threads exist before posting one

Moderator pls close this thread
seconded!!
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 16, 2010
^^^ sharap! im a buzy man and dont spend all my life on nairaland like u, so what makes u think i got time to search 4 previous posts??
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 17, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

^^^ sharap! im a buzy man and dont spend all my life on nairaland like u, so what makes u think i got time to search 4 previous posts??
you must be a big oldo, anyways there is no point arguing with you.your brain is kinda wet
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by OYBMEND: 12:04am On Mar 17, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

If you are busy at all you wont be here. You are just confused.
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 17, 2010
for real na! see how many posts uv made, its obvius u dont have a life, if u dont like the thread the u have the option of ignoring it retard!
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 17, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

for real na! see how many posts uv made, its obvius u dont have a life, if u dont like the thread the u have the option of ignoring it retard!
you are not intelligent at all.something happened on monday and you are here posting it on wednesday morning.dont worry your yeye thread would soon go to the dustbin
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 12:17am On Mar 17, 2010
that once again proves my point that i dont have time like ur jobless self, dustbin or no dustbin i dont give two fcuks, the thread aint doing anything 4 me, just posted it cuz i was bored punk
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by OYBMEND: 12:21am On Mar 17, 2010
slyfoxxjoe:

that once again proves my point that i dont have time like your jobless self, dustbin or no dustbin i dont give two fcuks, the thread aint doing anything 4 me, just posted it cuz i was bored punk

Based on your definition of being busy you should not be here at all. You are just a big and confused fool!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 12:24am On Mar 17, 2010
arguing on nairaland is like the special olympics, even if u win, ur stil a RETARD grin im out. one luv!
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by OYBMEND: 12:26am On Mar 17, 2010
goodbye
Re: Gaddafi Calls For Nigeria To Be Split Into Two! by Nobody: 12:29am On Mar 17, 2010
OYB_MEND:

Based on your definition of being busy you should not be here at all. You are just a big and confused fool!!!!!!!!!!
nairaland is home to different kind of folks just like this bored slowpoke who ought to have sleep but posted rubbish here.you are confused just admit it maybe i can contribute something to your thread.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need In Nigeria / Lack Of Manpower, Bane Of Nigeria’s Oil And Gas Sector - Ptdf Boss / Dora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.