Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,698 members, 7,932,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 04:25 PM

Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants (39255 Views)

Editors Condemn Harassment Of Newspaper Distributors / Enugu State Buys 100 Innoson Vans For Nigerian Police (Pictures) / Sowore: Melaye’s N50k Book Is Cut And Paste Of Newspaper Articles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by jonnytad(m): 10:07pm On Oct 28, 2017
Another massive achievement..... kudos to nigerians for voting these records breakers.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Worksunlimited: 10:08pm On Oct 28, 2017
mantosa:
According to Governor Yahaya Bello's Senior Special Adviser on New Media, Kogi state has paid for 300 pages of a national newspaper to publish names of civil servant that Has been paid their salaries.

The advert will run till January according to him,

See some of his tweets:

https://twitter.com/GbengaGOLD/status/922433200504365056

cc

Lalasticala

So these yeye people want us to use our own scarce resources to buy newspaper?

They should just go bak and tell the devil that sent them, that his plan would not work.

Kolewerk rara...
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Gkay1(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2017
wen una own, una nor publish but una won pay now con dey do rubbish.
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by OlujobaSamuel: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
sincerely, i no vex for dis idiots again, their case done tire me.
make i just siddon dey laff dem.
My tutor in sec sch once told me we all have our 5mins of madness, but i later discovered that such rule isnt applicable to our leaders, they have 5mins of sound mind(the time they use in eating), they are just of an unsound mind 24/7.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by gabicon: 10:12pm On Oct 28, 2017
lol. when u make someone Governor on a platter of gold, he didn't campaign or print a poster not to talk of issuing a manifesto. all in the name of a minority cant be governor. we get the leaders we deserve pure n simple

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by hugoboss36(m): 10:14pm On Oct 28, 2017
I wonder how these our leaders reason..300 pages for wat...to publish names of paid salaries..? Haba,even the SA that made that statement should be taken to psychiatric...cos he,himself is not normal...Yahaya Bello..this one is Wrong...

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by asawanathegreat(m): 10:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
That Kogi state governor need to be castrated
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Wole80(m): 10:19pm On Oct 28, 2017
echelons:
What you pay me as salary should be confidential.

You can't just publish my name on the pages of National Newspapers or on any public media just to prove a silly point that you manage to pay salary.

If the governor wants to publish anything, let him publish his own salary, those of his commissioners and Special Assistants and those of the members of the state house of assembly.

Useless set of people.

the gov dey craze
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
This boy that calls himself a govonor is a big fool. So he wants to spend like #150million just to pay for advert . Nigerians should be wise. That a govonor is paying salaries of its workers is not an achievement, it is statutory Nd a must. So he should stop all this childish behaviors. I pity for Kogi people. Foolish youthful govonor
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by ATIKUisCOOL(m): 10:20pm On Oct 28, 2017
ATIKU will never allow salaries be owed civil servants,
Prudence shall be his watchword.
Don't be deecived with a fake change again.
ATIKU is just Cool.
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Uche000(m): 10:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hmm.
Next thing we will hear is that they have budgeted and released 2billion naira for d publication. Chai, naija! E go better sah
mantosa:
According to Governor Yahaya Bello's Senior Special Adviser on New Media, Kogi state has paid for 300 pages of a national newspaper to publish names of civil servant that Has been paid their salaries.

The advert will run till January according to him,

See some of his tweets:

https://twitter.com/GbengaGOLD/status/922433200504365056

cc

Lalasticala
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by encryptjay(m): 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
Politicians in this country are just wasteful.
This is something you can uploaded online for free. Journalists would scrutinise it. Who has time to start going through a newspaper cos of such? It's not even admission list or employment.
One would expect this young man to give his all and convince people but he's just there to waste funds.
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Vicargeneral(m): 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
How come no single kogite has any positive or good thing to say about you ? Oga, pack well. Point at any thing working in your state or sector that's not striking or warming up for strike. He's just clueless
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by 1nigeriamyfoot: 10:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
How do you expect this idiot to perform when he's not ready to become a governor?

He's just an accidental governor forced on Kogi people by tyrant Buhari
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Peterosky(m): 10:23pm On Oct 28, 2017
Hehe!! I am not in any way disappointed, after all is it not APC? Do they have any thing to offer? A brain drained party and it's brain dead governance. kpash!! Ogbalatash

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
rotexteymie:
2drops of snipper in this man's drink will end all these

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooool.... Aunty, u have been making this sniper post in all threads concerning this man today

Make them no do mistake make u him chef o...

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by DeKen: 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
If truly he is paying and has paid up to date, maybe it's not a bad idea to find a way to provide prove against the fake news that discredits him. Not sure this is the best way to go about it. But it could be really painful and he may be trying to embarrass the civil servants since they have refused to debunk the fake news (if actually it is fake news).

I remember a similar situation where the Labour Unions in Akwa Ibom State went on strike and printed fliers with a caption "Rich State Poor Civil servants", giving explanation that they were worse paid than their counterparts in the Niger Delta region. Then Gov. (Akpabio) called a town hall meeting with the Labour Union leaders and traditional rulers and aired it live on TV. He mentioned the amounts paid to the civil servants of various positions esp. the top level and challenged them to confirm from other states. He promised that if there is any other state aside Rivers State (which has much more revenue than Akwa Ibom) that pays more than Akwa Ibom, then he will match what that state pays. He even offered to sponsor their cost of touring the various states. That was the end of the strike and till date no such comparison or protest anymore.

If he has done his part, he needs to counter the fake news. But if he hasn't, then he is setting the stage to embarrass himself even more. Meanwhile, why can't the civil servants go on strike if they are not paid?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by IME1: 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
potbelly:
1.declaring public holiday because buhari came back
2.unpaid salaries
3. using public funds to do adverts to counter claims of unpaid salaries instead of paying salaries
4. blocking a street entrance and converting it to your personal entrance to his own apartment....

Kogi people una don enter one chance... cry

This your last point makes me weep in my mind.
Last year going to Keffi we were driving confidently when we hit that road, public road oh, governor turn am to personal road to im house. We saw the police and did not even bother telling them anything. We just turned and took the other road.

Kogi shares border with over 7 states, the highest in the country if I am not mistaken. I have friends from different parts of Kogi and they are all cool, calm, intelligent and hardworking people. Kogi has the most natural resources second to Benue if not 1st i suppose.

I don't know if you can travel to north, south, east or west (with exceptions to other routes such as Jebba and Nsukka) without going through any part of Kogi.

What a mess we have in Nigeria.
How did we get here?
Many of us want to stay in Nigeria but things are not getting better generally.
Many people or a couple of people have made it well for themselves in terms of employment, family and personal infrastructure like owning boreholes, generators, and other alternatives to what government ought to provide.

But when you move around what do you see and hear? Unpaid salaries, insecurities, joblessness, poor educational facilities, dilapidated health centres, corrupt leaders, political lies, poor foreign diplomacy, religious bigotry, tribal wars, silly entertainment trends, sickening stories of sexual immorality, choices, fashion, music, relationships and money.

We need help oh.
No man, no human, no system or structure can help us ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY, THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD BY THE WORKING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN HELP US.

Any way as for me, it's long I knew this world is not my home.
Not Nigeria, USA, Qatar, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan, or where now, really where?

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 28, 2017
I LOOK FORWARD TO A BETTER NIGERIA WHERE PEOPLE LIFE WILL NOT BE TAKING FOR GRANTED, WHERE THERE IS NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR EACH OTHER... cry

1 Like

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by HoluwaKoDeD(m): 10:31pm On Oct 28, 2017
mtchewww... so they want to write in papers just as signatures were collected illegally jes previously..
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by greatman247(m): 10:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
Not the wastage of resources im baffled with alone but this is the most useless governor of all and sadly and unfortunately the youngest who supposed to stand out of all.
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by SNIPER123: 10:40pm On Oct 28, 2017
These guys have failed. You don't need this to prove yourselves embarassed
Truly the Governor did not prepare for this office
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by potbelly(m): 10:42pm On Oct 28, 2017
It's a sad situation sir...
God help us all...
IME1:

This your last point makes me weep in my mind.
Last year going to Keffi we were driving confidently when we hit that road, public road oh, governor turn am to personal road to im house. We saw the police and did not even bother telling them anything. We just turned and took the other road.

Kogi shares border with over 7 states, the highest in the country if I am not mistaken. I have friends from different parts of Kogi and they are all cool, calm, intelligent and hardworking people. Kogi has the most natural resources second to Benue if not 1st i suppose.

I don't know if you can travel to north, south, east or west (with exceptions to other routes such as Jebba and Nsukka) without going through any part of Kogi.

What a mess we have in Nigeria.
How did we get here?
Many of us want to stay in Nigeria but things are not getting better generally.
Many people or a couple of people have made it well for themselves in terms of employment, family and personal infrastructure like owning boreholes, generators, and other alternatives to what government ought to provide.

But when you move around what do you see and hear? Unpaid salaries, insecurities, joblessness, poor educational facilities, dilapidated health centres, corrupt leaders, political lies, poor foreign diplomacy, religious bigotry, tribal wars, silly entertainment trends, sickening stories of sexual immorality, choices, fashion, music, relationships and money.

We need help oh.
No man, no human, no system or structure can help us ONLY GOD ALMIGHTY, THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD BY THE WORKING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT CAN HELP US.

Any way as for me, it's long I knew this world is not my home.
Not Nigeria, USA, Qatar, UK, Australia, Canada, Japan, or where now, really where?
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by eyeview: 10:44pm On Oct 28, 2017
APC wherever they are found are a curse to the people
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by AntiWailer: 10:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
Are this people mad ?
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Adebowale89(m): 10:46pm On Oct 28, 2017
this imbeci.... do not worth being a governor. he's really far from governance charisma
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 28, 2017
what? 300 pages
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by wickyyolo: 10:53pm On Oct 28, 2017
iluvdonjazzy:
So who ar we to believe now, did u actually paid salaries.

i was in lokoja last week. people have not been paid. Civil servants and teachers were just going to work out of fear of being sacked. Yahaya Bello is the devil himself. i met a man who have not been paid for 20months.

Can you believe in a whole school not one student has paid WAEC fees and the deadline in Dec.
Dont believe Politicians!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Kokolet11: 10:56pm On Oct 28, 2017
like father like son
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by doctorgold(m): 11:04pm On Oct 28, 2017
one just keeps wondering why we are so unlucky with leadership in this country. when you think you have seen it all, a state government will go on to buy 300 pages off a newspaper to publish how salaries are being paid. We are just so unfortunate in this part of the world.
Well, it's either the owners of leadership newspaper is an ally to the governor or the governor has a stake in the newspaper company.

albeit, Kogi people should start exploring means of unseating their present governor before he plunges them into further penury.
Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2017
lonelydora:
Yahaya Bello is making me believe the government of young people will be worse than the oldies currently ruling us.
God bless u bro.. dz is wot i knw.. youths ar worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi State Buys 300 Pages Of Newspaper To Publish Salaries Of Civil Servants by dikeigbo2(m): 11:38pm On Oct 28, 2017
Misplaced priorities ......always washing the out surface of the cup,leaving the inside filled with maggots unwashed...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dolapo And Yemi Osinbajo's White Wedding In 1990 (Throwback Photo) / Police Has No Right To Search Your Phone Without Valid Complaint - IGP / Owo Church Attack: "Possibly A Drug War" - Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.