Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,941 members, 7,922,318 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 01:15 AM

New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation (3014 Views)

Senate Uncovers N10bn Hidden In Education Budget / "I Have Never Collected Bribe In My Life" - Rotimi Amaechi / Police Shouldn't Take Glory For Falae's Release, We Paid Ransom – Family Source (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 18, 2010
Blazing99:

Guys with all due respect this is not an issue to laugh about. At first when armed robbery started, it was first underrated till it became a monster affecting almost every Nigerian. Now these criminals, since house robberies don't really pay and banks are usually well guarded have resorted to kidnapping. It's like kinda easier for them to effect and it pays more, imagine 10 billion naira so far in a year.

The Niger Delta issue started this and its spreadeagled to every other part of the country like a wild fire. Now every criminal who thinks robbery is difficult engages in kidnapping.

What I believe should be done is that the federal government embrace what Rivers state government did and make this a zero tolerance issue - death penalty. This would gravely discourage those thinking of going into kidnapping once put into place. If not a time will come when your gateman might be planning to kidnap your kids as an easier way of getting your money.

the federal govt cant tackle the militants well because of the guerrilla attack method used by the militants.they sabotaged the oil pipeline in retaliation for any oppressive conduct of the govt.i think the fg should solve the problem through political means while those caught are sanctioned.this method was used aginst dokubo during obj regime where he was incarcerated until yaradua freed him.the bottomline is that govt should buy the minds of the militant leaders and constantly attend to the reasons of their agiatation.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Novice1(m): 7:06pm On Mar 18, 2010
In my opinion, kidnappers are like, or even worse than armed robbers.
They have ethical poverty and are too lazy to look for legit earnings.
They derive their earnings from the misery of others.
most of the time the proceeds of their shameful activities do not benefit them in real terms.
they are mostly for harlots/alcoholic drinks/hard drugs
or they but cars that will crash with them.
or even build a house that will conflagrate them to hell.

both ways, they are losers
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Feraz(m): 7:16pm On Mar 18, 2010
If this is what is gotten in a year, then how many youths n graduates are thinking of scrapping education for this biz? I pity the generations unborn.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Feraz(m): 7:17pm On Mar 18, 2010
If this is what is gotten in a year, then how many youths n graduates are thinking of scrapping education for this biz? I pity the generations unborn.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Feraz(m): 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2010
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 18, 2010
Novice1:

In my opinion, kidnappers are like, or even worse than armed robbers.
They have ethical poverty and are too lazy to look for legit earnings.
They derive their earnings from the misery of others.
most of the time the proceeds of their shameful activities do not benefit them in real terms.
they are mostly for harlots/alcoholic drinks/hard drugs
or they but cars that will crash with them.
or even build a house that will conflagrate them to hell.

both ways, they are losers
they claimed to be fighting for the emancipation of the niger delta people while making cool cash from kidnapping,oil bunkering and gun running
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:25pm On Mar 18, 2010
Why is this any sort of news,

We all act like we don't know the root of the problem. I don't care what you think but if i stick my knuckles to the grinder for a week and not a dime comes out of my blood and sweat, then some flip-flop Niaja Bourgeoisie who has not smelt one day of work comes in and drives off with bazillions of Naira. I am definitely going to start having nappy thots. I truly pity the wealthy folks who hire dirt poor house-helps and security, one day you will come home and find your kids gone,

Xtreme, grinding poverty, we live in it like pigs live in mud. we breath it every time we drive through town, no high-fence or posh neighborhood or guards will stop a napper from hitting whenever, after all you have to cross some roads that pass through poor folk town grin

Let's talk about making a huge list of all the corrupt folks we know, addresses, names and gender. one day we'll call it the Rawlings List and kill the muthas
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by latepa(m): 8:51pm On Mar 18, 2010
mama-gee:

In the end of the day, they'll pay all those billions of Naira with their lives. . . sad

Who cares?!! Life's a B1tch cool
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:52pm On Mar 18, 2010
latepa:

Who cares?!! Life's a B1tch cool
and then you die, grin
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Dominoifet(m): 9:30pm On Mar 18, 2010
when will i b kidnapped?
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Nobody: 9:50pm On Mar 18, 2010
Me too go join oh, I want my cut. N10 billion oh, ah I dey find money tear eye now oh
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Otobroto(f): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
aisha2:

Me too go join oh, I want my cut. N10 billion oh, ah I dey find money tear eye now oh

Na today? You get liver? Abeg, leave story for tortoise!. Anyway, how are you?
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by slap1(m): 8:36am On Mar 19, 2010
And the police will always say ". . . but no ransom was paid".
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by snthesis(m): 9:43am On Mar 19, 2010
i appreciate sharing of information but information like this shouldnt be made public cos it would fuels ordinary hapless ppl into scheming for a part of the lucrative biz- in oda words it promotes the crime of kdnapin
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by babsmii(m): 11:10am On Mar 19, 2010
good business!!!
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Papido(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2010
wow. this kidnapping business has become an industry now, like nollywood
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by latepa(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

and then you die, grin

grin grin
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by chelseabmw(m): 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2010
kindnapping is such a good business now
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Rmc1(m): 9:06pm On Mar 21, 2010
So when is the federal govt going to make kidnaping  a capital offense punishable by death by firing squad. Death sentence to the kidnapers and their informants because there wont be kidnapings without informants  grin

i swear if the fed govt can do this the total ransome collected in a year will reduce drasticaly from 10billion naira to 10million naira  grin
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by cystein(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2010
Well, Some arms of governmet must be involved too. In kenya the racket had started though the police commissioners order of "Shoot First and ask questions later" Worked magic. Here there is no negotiation. The hostage must in most cases be ready to die as the kidnappers must be executed without trial. If this would be the case in Niraland who would dare risk it?

Food for thought.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by snowdrops(m): 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2010
cystein:

Well, Some arms of governmet must be involved too. In kenya the racket had started though the police commissioners order of "Shoot First and ask questions later" Worked magic. Here there is no negotiation. The hostage must in most cases be ready to die as the kidnappers must be executed without trial. If this would be the case in Niraland who would dare risk it?

Food for thought.
Fantastic idea. There is need to get very tough with them.
No negotiation, no ransom, immediate death penalty for all kidnappers and their associates.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by bombay: 10:05pm On Mar 22, 2010
We need to make regulations for kidnapping so that any dick and harry would not just come in to spoil the show. grin
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Enjoyment1(f): 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2010
Kidnapping has really come to stay in Nigeria, and the only way to curb it is capital punishment. In fact, they should not get to court.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Veritas09: 11:28pm On Mar 22, 2010
Seems like a good idea to invest in trade schools
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Enjoyment1(f): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2010
Veritas09:

How do you mean?
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Oboma1(m): 7:54pm On Mar 24, 2010
Veritas09:

Kidnapping biz undoubtably, the most lucrative and the fastest growing in Nigeria.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Greycells(m): 4:56pm On Apr 07, 2010
Oboma1:

Kidnapping biz undoubtably, the most lucrative and the fastest growing in Nigeria.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by Otobroto(f): 9:36pm On Apr 07, 2010
It is now affecting every aspect of our lives.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by selingel: 12:39pm On Apr 09, 2010
Will there ever be solution?
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by naijaswag1: 1:05pm On Apr 09, 2010
Since the political elites and carnivorous capitalists don't want to transfer wealth through the normal means of jobs and poverty reduction,other means of wealth transfer have to be sought.This is just the beginning.Its high time bodyguard business starts booming around here.
Re: New Lucrative Biz: Kidnappers Collected N10bn As Ransom In 1 Yr - Investigation by bkbabe97: 5:09pm On Apr 09, 2010
@ topic: Ibo boys really getting that paper, huh?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gej Didn't Sack Ifueko Omoigui-okauru / Challenges Of State Development In Nigeria By Senator Abiola Ajimobi - Oyo State / Ex-nurtw Boss, Tokyo Escapes Assassination In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.