Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,661 members, 7,892,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:36 PM

Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership (8976 Views)

Voter’s Cards: APC, Others Protest In Lagos / Fani-kayode, Momodu, Others Confused Over Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter / Pictures Of The Bad Leadership In Abia State(aba) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by onelink205: 3:25am On Mar 17, 2010
Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, others protest bad leadership
• N’Assembly gate shut against them
From JAMES OJO, Abuja
Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Dele Momodu (2nd left), publisher of Ovation magazine, Charly Boy Oputa, carrying a lantern and actress Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde (right) during an attempt by them to present a letter of protest on the state of the economy to National Assembly, Abuja, Tuesday. Photo: MUDASHIRU ATANDA
More Stories on This Section

Maverick musician, Charles Oputa, alias Charly Boy, Publisher of Ovation Magazine, Dele Momodu, famous actress, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde and Stella Damacus were among hundreds of protesters under the aegis of ‘Enough is Enough Nigeria’, who were denied access to the National Assembly yesterday.

The gate of the National Assembly was shut against them, as a detachment of anti-terrorists and anti-riots squad of the Nigeria Police turned down overtures from the artistes to allow them present a letter to the leadership of the Senate and the House of Representatives or their representatives.

Argument that a clearance was obtained from the management of the National Assembly since last week fell on deaf ears, as the stern-looking policemen mounted a barrier and warned the protesters in their own interest not to attempt to break it.
Indeed, sources confirmed that the security apparatus of the National Assembly gave approval to allow the protesters access to the public arcade to present a letter to the leaders of the two chambers.

A counter intelligence reports after the explosion in Warri, Delta State on Monday led to an increase in the level of security around the National Assembly and the order not to allow any procession by any group to take place.

Ovation Magazine publisher, Dele Momodu fumed with anger as his entreaties to the armed policemen was turned down, while antics displayed by Charly Boy could not sway the police to open the gate of the National Assembly for them.
The frustration of the protesters was transferred to the Chairman of House of Representatives Committee on Youths Development, Hon. Depo Oyedokun, who came to represent the Speaker, Dimeji Bankole.

They decided not to listen to him and later dispersed after distributing the speech addressed to the Senate President, David Mark to onlookers.
In their three-page letter to the chairman of the National Assembly, the group blamed the leaders for the woes of the country and accused them of placing narrow interest above national interest.

“Too much in our country has gone wrong and the blame for this lies squarely on the shoulders of politicians, government and ‘leaders’ who have placed power play, narrow interest and self aggrandisement over and above the welfare and development of Nigerians.
“We have been cursed with a leadership that has sorely lacked integrity, patriotism, passion, good faith and compassion, a leadership that would rather feed their bellies and egos rather than solve problems.”

“They are running our future, they are set to hand over to us a destroyed country and a failed state and we say No to that. We have had enough. And enough is truly enough,” the group noted.
Charly Boy also warned that “Young people will be mobilized to vote only those politicians who were not part of corruption, unconstitutionality and stood for integrity and clear development goals since this dispensation started.
“Any other person who was part of this old system will be shocked by the embarassement we will churn out till them next year,” he stated.
End

http://www.nigeriannews.com/

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by doyin13(m): 3:34am On Mar 17, 2010
Oh God. . .I was following this story all day yesterday
and felt so Proud and a severe longing to be there.

Its a real shame they were not more at the protest
but this can only be a start.

It also shows the state of student leadership in the
country that there was no show from any of them/
A big disgrace this current crop are. To think the likes
of Fashayo at Ife and Sowere took on military dictatorships
only for these toothless dogs to take over.

So much so an ex student union leader from IFE was leading
pro yaradua campaigns surely after receiving money on the sly.

Nevertheless. . .these ones gimme hope.

[size=18pt]ENOUGH IS ENOUGH [/size]
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 3:37am On Mar 17, 2010
Dele Momodu stuggling with the police cool

Enough is damn fcking Enough angry angry

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 17, 2010
violent:

Dele Momodu stuggling with the police cool

Enough is damn fcking Enough angry angry
shocked
Ok, this is shocking, even for me. I would like to ask Mr. Dele what snapped? what has made him realise that enough is enough. I am short of words
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 17, 2010
More pictures

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by ohisng(m): 8:00am On Mar 17, 2010
Shame to bankole and david mark. These are part of the people who are hell bent on seeing nigerians suffer while they line up their pockets with stolen wealth
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by nwadinma(f): 9:33am On Mar 17, 2010
I was there yesterday. I felt very proud of myself for being part of change.
I am working on the full report of all that went through yesterday and i sure will do a great story with it.

I felt happy to see that there are so many young Nigerians who are as mad as i am about the state of the Nation.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!!
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by nwadinma(f): 9:38am On Mar 17, 2010
Hey everyone, you can go to www.enoughisenough.com to check out everything you need to know and to register as a member please.
We all have to come out and be part of change.

Thank you.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by nwadinma(f): 10:40am On Mar 17, 2010
This is me at enough is enough rally in Abuja and how the police was overpowered.
Frankly, Nigeria need push from determined folks as these to move forward.

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 17, 2010
I will be damned, see Audu oh, Enough is really enough
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 11:43am On Mar 17, 2010
Dele momodu.that guy to me looks like a backstabber.never trust him.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by mbulela: 11:49am On Mar 17, 2010
Dele Momodu might be a mole in their midst.
They should be careful of that turn coat o!
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 17, 2010
Leave Dele Abeg, at least he came out, where were u? and if you dont want Dele Organize ur own. Get off complaining and planiing break up and wars on Nairaland
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2010
i agree with Aisha. . . . the dude came out to march for the freedom of the country and generations unborn, while many others are on nairaland busy throwing tantrums and writing posts on a million ways Nigeria can be better, . . wht he did is commendable!
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 12:10pm On Mar 17, 2010
Anyone has pictures of Charley Boy in the protest?
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2010
violent:

i agree with Aisha. . . . the dude came out to march for the freedom of the country and generations unborn, while many others are on nairaland busy throwing tantrums and writing posts on a million ways Nigeria can be better, . . wht he did is commendable!
Thank you dear, Am not been a fan of his but when people realised they have been wrong and take our criticsims seriously and change his stance, its not only brave but commendable.
We condemn and criticise people when they decide to heed to our calls and change we call them sell out. Shame
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 17, 2010
Watching it now, so proud of them, was really indisposed couldnt join them.
A picture of charly boy

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 12:24pm On Mar 17, 2010
ah!. . . i got more!

[size=13pt]Enough is Enough![/size]

Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
Just know that while you are here condemning peoples action and busy looking for motives, those people have assessed themselves and have seen what they do wrong made amends and moved on and u re still here. They have taken ur advice and u ve refused to use ur own advice, u re still looking for who to talk about and whose actions to condemn.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by splashbaby(m): 12:28pm On Mar 17, 2010
nwadinma:

This is me at enough is enough rally in Abuja and how the police was overpowered.
Frankly, Nigeria need push from determined folks as these to move forward.
Olb boy, did you protest with all these in front of you? Omo nwadinma no bad at all. Your attack is really potent. I beg wetin be your number, I mean it oooH lol!
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
Stella Damasus said she is tired of sitting in her house and complaining, Aint u?
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by AfroCynic: 12:31pm On Mar 17, 2010
Mehn, Omotola's speech moved me to tears o! I was so proud of those young people, the time for siddown look as come to an end.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by splashbaby(m): 12:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
ohisng:

Shame to bankole and david mark. These are part of the people who are hell bent on seeing nigerians suffer while they line up their pockets with stolen wealth
Very soon they will find it very difficult to gather at that shameless assembly, ala Oshomole and co with their feet when mutallabing starts with MEND. People are taking things very serious now, they should take serious,
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by fugocisse: 12:39pm On Mar 17, 2010
OHHHHHHHHHH NIGERIA WE HAIL THEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE TIME IS NOW OR NEVER! COUNTRY PEOPLE LETS COME TOGETHER TO LEBERATE OUR SELFS. LETS RELY ON WE THE PEOPLE FOR OUR PROGRESS IS NOT IN THE HANDS OF THESE MORONESS 20YARDS AGBADA WEARING IDIOTS.
NIGERIA WILL STAND!!!!!!!!
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 12:41pm On Mar 17, 2010
we need more of this protests!

If only a general protest can be motivated, where all Nigerians stay back at home from work for a day. . and by that i mean all private and public sectors, even the local traders too. . while we declare a match against corrupt governance

Bankole is not only a shame, he is a good example of what mothers advise the kids not to be!
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by honeric01(m): 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2010
Nice one, i wish all our celebrities can organize something big, like say 50 thousand youth in a day, that go work, if we all decide to sit outside that their stealing house for 1 week, it will change alot of things.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by violent(m): 12:55pm On Mar 17, 2010
honeric01:

Nice one, i wish all our celebrities can organize something big, like say 50 thousand youth in a day, that go work, if we all decide to sit outside that their stealing house for 1 week, it will change alot of things.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Seun(m): 12:58pm On Mar 17, 2010
What has the protest achieved, really, besides blessing us with the very nice cleavage photo above?
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by Feraz(m): 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
I saw d video yesterday and i was wishing i was there. I felt stella and omotola. They overpowered the barricade the police put there and marched inside where they were stopped and all decided to sit on the floor. I was like "yeah, baby this is what i'm talking about!" that was when i saw nigerians are no longer happy.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by platinumnk(f): 1:05pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ Seun- you dont want war yet you dont support protests, i can see you enjoy Nigeria the way it is because you profit from it.
change is imminent one way or another
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by redsun(m): 1:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
Seun:

What has the protest achieved, really, besides blessing us with the very nice cleavage photo above?

You said what i wanted to say about that cleavage,i can't believe nigeria women are as daring as that in their dressing these days,it is good,if you got,you flaunt it.It is sign of mental progress and freedom for people to be able to dress the way they choose.

Meanwhile,the protest is a great step in right direction.Power belongs to people and a people with one voice for a positive change can evoke thunder and lightning,they can move mountains.
Re: Charly Boy, Dele Momodu, Others Protest Bad Leadership by tunde300us(m): 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
The website isnt opening oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? / Buhari Mortgaging Nigeria’s Future – PDP / Forensic Audit: Indicted Officers Must Be Prosecuted - Kwara Must Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.