Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,125 members, 7,896,809 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 10:18 PM

Akwalbom Fraud Case:i Rejected Three Hundred Million Naira Bribe-dcp Abdukyari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwalbom Fraud Case:i Rejected Three Hundred Million Naira Bribe-dcp Abdukyari (541 Views)

Hope Uzodinma’s Travel Ban, N4.3bn Fraud Case: FG Keeps Mum / DCP Usman Umar Belel Buried After Shiite Protest, Had Only One Child (Photos) / I Rejected Biafra With Only 5 Igbo States, I Want Rivers, Benue Too– Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwalbom Fraud Case:i Rejected Three Hundred Million Naira Bribe-dcp Abdukyari by blog4all(m): 10:14am On Oct 29, 2017
The Inspector General of Police (IGP), Ibrahim Idris, appears to have landed in fresh crisis, following the revelations already made against him at a sitting of the Senate ad hoc committee investigating allegations raised by Senator Hamman Misau.

The IGP is scheduled to appear before the committee this week, but investigations by the Sunday Tribune indicate that the committee and some anti-graft agencies are already in possession of some documents linking the top cop with alleged mismanagement of some high-profile fraud cases, especially the one leading to the sudden transfer of a Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) AbdukyariLafia from the Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB) to the Police Academy, Kano.

The said Abdukyari was said to have busted a number of crime cases as the head of the intelligence bureau, including a $1 million fraud case over which he was said to have rejected a $100,000 bribe offer and also busted another N2.4 billion fraud case in Akwa Ibom, said to be linked to some top politicians.

The DCP’s sudden transfer from the FIB to the Police Academy, Kano and the refusal of the IGP to release him to the Special

Investigation Panel (SIP) on the Recovery of Public Property, which made the request through a letter by its chairman, Mr. OkoiObno-Obla in September, were said to have opened a flurry of inquests into the IGP’s handling of the Abdukyari matter.

On September 20, a businessman, Mr. Austin Ugochukwu Albert, who was defrauded of $1m, addressed a press conference in Abuja, where he alleged that the IGP summarily withdrew his case which he said was being diligently handled by Abdukyari at FIB and transferred it to the IGP Monitoring Unit.

He said that the within weeks of the FIB intervention in the case, the suspects were arrested and a court order obtained to have them detained until investigation was concluded.

He claimed that the then head of FIB, Abdukyari, in the course of the investigation was offered $100,000 bribed by the suspect, but rejected it and went ahead to arrest the said suspect. He also said Abdukyari recovered the sum of $20,000 meant to be part payment for the bribe.

Albert at the briefing said he was surprised to see that at that stage the IGP ordered a takeover of the case by the Monitoring Unit, while the head of FIB was transferred.

He also stated that the case has now been muddled up and his hope of getting justice far remote.

However, the Police High Command has dismissed all the claims of the DCP. Force Public Relations Officer (FPRO), Moshood Jimoh told the Sunday Tribune in Abuja that DCP “is currently being investigated over the exhibit money under his custody and which he must account for in the interest of justice and fair play to the owner of the money and the image of the Nigeria Police Force.”
READ MORE @ http://thekillerpunch.com/2017/10/29/akwa-lbom-fraud-case-rejected-three-hundred-million-naira-bribe-top-politician-state-dcp-abdukyari/

Re: Akwalbom Fraud Case:i Rejected Three Hundred Million Naira Bribe-dcp Abdukyari by Immatex(m): 10:26am On Oct 29, 2017
Why won't the IGP be corrupt

Is he not a Police Man
Re: Akwalbom Fraud Case:i Rejected Three Hundred Million Naira Bribe-dcp Abdukyari by haywire07(m): 10:48am On Oct 29, 2017
That's the sh*t that happens when you get rapid promotion and end up being a boss to your former bosses
Re: Akwalbom Fraud Case:i Rejected Three Hundred Million Naira Bribe-dcp Abdukyari by fergie001: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2017
cry
Abeg,talk another matter......
This IGP's only ambition is to steal as much as he can.
His degree is in c.reampieology....that's all he knows

Oga Albert,as long as na IGP case,your cash has Waka far....

Re: Akwalbom Fraud Case:i Rejected Three Hundred Million Naira Bribe-dcp Abdukyari by Obainoneandonly(m): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2017
naija i hail thee.in Nigeria nothing is unprecedented

(1) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Blasts Governor Aregbesola, Says He’s A Talkative / Tony Nwoye Flags Off Campaign At Ekwusigo LG, Assures Good Roads, Health Care Et / APC Leaders Ignored Buhari's Order On Appointments Of Board Members - Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.