Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,342 members, 7,888,084 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:00 PM

81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) (46857 Views)

Buhari’s 100 Days In Office Poll Result By Channels Television / Nigerians Storm Abuja House In London To Mark Buhari's 100 Days Absence. Photos / Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Maduawuchukwu(m): 7:38am On Oct 30, 2017
Obi1kenobi:
Buhari no doubt has a glaring Northern agenda, but let's face facts - if you looked at Jonathan's appointments as someone already posted, they were overwhelmingly dominated by the South.
What I find galling is more the fact a good number of Buhari's appointees which he wasted over 6 months to vet and appoint seem incompetent. If appointments were made on merit, they'd resemble Jonathan's list more.

I don't think that southerners had more appointments than northerners in GEJ's government; at least northerners never accused him of that. Even if he had more southerners it couldn't have been as perverse as Buhari's own lopsidedness.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by urahara(m): 7:43am On Oct 30, 2017
forghon:
Wait if u become d president one day carry d appointments and giv it to ur enemies

So if you are not from his tribe , you become his enemy by default

Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Rekeb: 7:52am On Oct 30, 2017
FAKE News!!!

Why are the following names not in the list.

1 Joseph Ari as director general of Industrial Training Fund (ITF).
2 Engineer Simbi Kesiye Wabote was appointed as the executive secretary of the Nigerian Content Monitoring Board.
3 Aboloma Osita Anthony is the new director general of the Standard Organization of Nigeria (SON).
4 Barrister Sharon Ikeazor is the executive secretary of Pension Transitional Arrangement Directorate (PTAD).
5 Princess Akodundo Gloria is the national coordinator/CEO of the New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD).
6 Mr. Tunde Lemo appointed the Chairman of the Board FERMA
7 Umana Okon Umana as Managing Director Oil & Gas Free Zone Authority;
8 Yewande Sadiku as the Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC).
9 re-appointed Uchechi Orji as the Managing Director of the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority, NSIA.

The list of omitted names above is by no means exhaustive. It is just a result of my quick check. BusinessDay is being very mischievous. They are now sinking to the level of junk and lazy journalism in their bid to discredit the government of Buhari. Where were they during the dark years of GEJ?
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by odomanis: 7:54am On Oct 30, 2017
Biety:
Buhari is pro North but this is exageration.

Exageration ? The names are there,disprove anyone to back up your claim.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by doctokwus: 7:56am On Oct 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

The only reason why some people felt that Jonathan favoured the south more was because unlike previous administration, the numbers of people from the south increased such that the north did not have overwhelming dominance but they were still in the majority.
Key point.Another point that makes Buhari's bigotry worse is that GEJ spread key posts round.
NSA,Dasuki a northerner,EFCC,Lamorde,a northerner,one other military chief i think(Airforce I think).INEC boss too,another very very important office,a northerner
But Buhari is such a horrible bigot( NSA,Army chief,Airforce,INEC chief,etc),he may plunge the country into perpetual,unrecoverable hate and division between regions and ethnicities.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Angrymode: 8:14am On Oct 30, 2017
Any Yoruba that is still a zombie of this bigotry govt will surely be a zombie for life embarassed
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Carter4luv(m): 8:18am On Oct 30, 2017
President buhari is the rite man for Nigeria vote Apc vote Change. Hahahahah
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by NigerianDiamond(m): 8:28am On Oct 30, 2017
adeblow:
Oga Jonah nko? See him own

Inasmuch as I catch your drift in this comment of yours but I still find it ludicrous that you are supporting an unforgiving nepotist who rode on the mantra of change to next the president of Nigeria. Where is the change he promised and where is his anti-corruption campaign leading to if he continues to practice tribalism and rub
bing it on the face of other tribal nationalities in the country. Baba Buhari has lost touch with reality, I am one of his staunch supporters but I cannot withstand someone who is not trustworthy or a chameleon in nature.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Iko5000: 8:29am On Oct 30, 2017
Tell them brother .
TippyTop:
Buhari proved in the 80s how tribalistic he was after his coup de tat when he went to town arresting mostly southerners.
As PTF chairman he exhibited same trait.

We warned you people but you didn't listen.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by elfeezy(m): 8:29am On Oct 30, 2017
King of the North..Game of throne
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by NigerianDiamond(m): 8:32am On Oct 30, 2017
chakula:
Those who are really feel bad should as well point their kinsmen when they occupy the steering of power. grin

Then why do we have federal character enshrined in the constitution? Let's stop giving bad precedence a good name, it will only keep hearing the polity and dividing Nigerians the more. Buhari knowingly or unknowingly has shown himself to be a tribalist to the whole Nigeria.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by NigerianDiamond(m): 8:35am On Oct 30, 2017
GoroTango:
Each and every single northerner appointed to any one of those positions by Buhari is more competent than any one of their southern counterparts. Google each and every one of their profiles and see for yourself

Stop spewing trash online. For every sound and well educated northerner there are three other equals in the south. Please verify your comments before posting them online.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by EmekusTHEgreat(m): 8:49am On Oct 30, 2017
Nigeria is a waste of time.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by rajiraymond(m): 8:58am On Oct 30, 2017
Sincerely speaking, this bad very bad indeed.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by obailala(m): 9:00am On Oct 30, 2017
odomanis:

Exageration ? The names are there,disprove anyone to back up your claim.
There are only about 64 northerners in that list not 81. The report is a bare faced lie created by an slowpoke to deceive the world. Whoever the author is knew that 98% of those reading the report wouldn't waste their time counting, but you can do a quick count to confirm what I've just said.

Secondly, these 100 names are far from conclusive, off my head I already noted a number of southern appointments are missinh from the list.

Buhari's appointments we all know is skewed to the north, but this report is a dubious and childish exaggeration.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by donqx: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2017
really
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:09am On Oct 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

You're wrong. Yes, Jonathan's government had more southerners than usual but there were still more northerners. The only reason why some people felt that Jonathan favoured the south more was because unlike previous administration, the numbers of people from the south increased such that the north did not have overwhelming dominance but they were still in the majority. Let's have the list of appointments made by Jonathan so that we can have a count.

@topic
It's no longer news that Buhari is an unrepentant tribalist and religious bigot, so it shouldn't surprise anyone. Shebi when Buhari was appointing Mohammed and Abubakar up and down initially, people said that he could only appoint people he could work with, who coincidentally were mostly northerners,

These are some of GEJ's:

Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by ibukunobi: 9:33am On Oct 30, 2017
FROM THE LIST YOU SENT. I HAVE COUNTED 28 sOUTHERNERS. GOING BY GEOPOLITICAL ZONES AND MAP OF NIGERIA. SOUTH ARE JUST 26 PERCENT OF NIGERIA MAP. ALWAYS DO YOUR HOMEWORK WELL AND STOP PROPAGANDA
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Afam4eva(m): 9:56am On Oct 30, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

These are some of GEJ's:
Why are you showing me some? Show me all of them including all the ministers in Jonathan's cabinet and then we can compare with that of Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by webngnews: 10:04am On Oct 30, 2017
Aboki
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

Why are you showing me some? Show me all of them including all the ministers in Jonathan's cabinet and then we can compare with that of Buhari.

I don't have it. Those are the ones I could find. I remember despite the appointment of 2 or so military chiefs, INEC head, EFCC, Customs and a few others, GEJ's appointees were well overrun by Southerners, with Igbos particularly pre-eminent.

Since you so vehemently disagreed and definitively cast my claim as wrong earlier, you're also free to post 100 of his appointments and let's do the counting. I'm not saying you're wrong, but nothing stops you proving it.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Afam4eva(m): 10:16am On Oct 30, 2017
Obi1kenobi:

I don't have it. Those are the ones I could find. I remember despite the appointment of 2 or so military chiefs, INEC head, EFCC, Customs and a few others, GEJ's appointees were well overrun by Southerners, with Igbos particularly pre-eminent.

Since you so vehemently disagreed and definitively cast my claim as wrong earlier, you're also free to post 100 of his appointments and let's do the counting. I'm not saying you're wrong, but nothing stops you proving it.
You made the claim that Jonathan was as bias, so it's your preogative to provide proof to that effect. Since you can't do that i'll try my best to compile a list sha.

2 Likes

Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:22am On Oct 30, 2017
Afam4eva:

You made the claim that Jonathan was as bias, so it's your preogative to provide proof to that effect. Since you can't do that i'll try my best to compile a list sha.

And I provided the list I have. You would have a point if you merely asked me to prove my comment earlier, but you also made a definitive claim that I was wrong, so you share the onus to provide proof of your claim.
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by presidentMZ: 10:44am On Oct 30, 2017
You are bias in this report, remember we have more than five hundred agencies and parastatal in NIGERIA, which Mr President inherited from the previous government and didn't change more than 100 as at now. so you are wrong and bias in your analysis and Nigerians will not agree
Kundagarten:
When Buhari said he would favor the 97% who voted him he wasn't joking.
Buhari has now made himself the most bigoted President ever to rule Nigeria.

Check the facts, facts dont lie.

Come and see nepotism
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Turantula(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2017
GoroTango:
Each and every single northerner appointed to any one of those positions by Buhari is more competent than any one of their southern counterparts. Google each and every one of their profiles and see for yourself
Zone bee
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by Splashme: 10:59am On Oct 30, 2017
Worst president in history
Re: 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) by presidentMZ: 11:03am On Oct 30, 2017
You are bias in this report, remember we have more than five hundred agencies and parastatal in NIGERIA, which Mr President inherited from the previous government and didn't change more than 100 as at now. so you are wrong and bias in your analysis and Nigerians will not agree
Kundagarten:
When Buhari said he would favor the 97% who voted him he wasn't joking.
Buhari has now made himself the most bigoted President ever to rule Nigeria.

Check the facts, facts dont lie.

Come and see nepotism

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria's Ministers Of Defence Resume Office (picture) / Snakes And Bees 'flush Out' Boko Haram Fighters / Goodluck Jonathan Arrives PDP Convention In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.