Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,967 members, 7,949,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! (1550 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Crashes Data Tariff, Offers More Value On Data Bundles / Airtel Nigeria Introduced It's Own TV App [no Subscription Fee] / Airtel Nigeria Unveils New Number Range, 0901 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by smartolaolu: 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2017
Please nairalanders how can one deal with this stupid and idiotic network?

I was busy with my work early this morning jejely and in the process anonymous call came in (with a regular number) and I picked. I realized it was from one of their stupid lines so to say because I was hearing jargons so immediately I cut the call and faced my work.

It was later on, say about an hour I received 2 messages, one from 55030 and it reads "that my subscription to N-Xpress Learning service was successful” and the other from 902 and it reads "Learning Service has been activated on your airtel mobile and charges was #50 or I should dial *902# to stop the subscription”.

#50 was actually deducted from my account.

Just one question I will like to ask “at what point did they ask for my consent and I said yes to this subscription?” Or is it that picking up a call from a regular number is now a crime? Cos if its 55030 or 902 call I saw I will never pick it.

Please is there a way one can teach these people (networks) lesson cos glo network did exactly same thing on my line some 2 or 3 weeks ago?

If I call the customer care service the best that will come out is sorry and if they can help one to deactivate it.

As small as #50 may sound it is still my money and I believe I should use my credits the way I see fit and not that some stupid networks will dictate for me.

Imagine if they do this to just 1 million subscribers (out of millions of subscribers they have) that amounts to #50,000,000.00 within a minute or 2. This is daylight robbery and must be stopped.

Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by Babalegba(m): 12:57pm On Oct 30, 2017
Borrow credit from them and bin the sim, alternatively look for airtel cheats. Do not contact ncc, they are a waste of time. By the way ,the phone call and the forced subscription are probably unrelated and coincidental.

4 Likes

Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by JanWuya: 1:55pm On Oct 30, 2017
I think that the best option is to reach their customer care handle on Twitter. That has always been my point of call when I have issues of any kind. You can reach them @airtel_care.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by dan9ice(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
Sorry guy.. I they feel you pain... Mtn is fun of that.. The other day i received a call from there own customize line( the number is 11 digit) i thought it was a friend. When i picked it, they were prayin, tellin me to press some command key, i ignored them. Bf 3minutes they had deducted my hard earned money.. Then i decided to call there deductin care.. They were all sayin sorry, sorry.. I told them that my parent are pastor me n my sibling chorister. I told them we normaly have 3 service in a week, prayed 4 times a day n i dont need any prayers that we cost me money, the guy talking to me started laughing
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by Prenom: 4:52pm On Oct 30, 2017
I've been getting this message for 3days.. soccer that I don't hv on my phone.. they should continue their wait of death for me to recharge that line.
I don't even know what it is. so I ported to glo

Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by smartolaolu: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2017
dan9ice:
Sorry guy.. I they feel you pain... Mtn is fun of that.. The other day i received a call from there own customize line( the number is 11 digit) i thought it was a friend. When i picked it, they were prayin, tellin me to press some command key, i ignored them. Bf 3minutes they had deducted my hard earned money.. Then i decided to call there deductin care.. They were all sayin sorry, sorry.. I told them that my parent are pastor me n my sibling chorister. I told them we normaly have 3 service in a week, prayed 4 times a day n i dont need any prayers that we cost me money, the guy talking to me started laughing

grin So so funny.

Same experience this morning. 11 digits no and I didn't even listen to jargons it was saying I just cut it off.

It doesn't make any sense cheating people.
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by DOUBLEWAHALA: 5:46pm On Oct 30, 2017
who knows who's WiFi you are using

there is a proverbs in my place that says "person who keeps silent agrees " u did not give them your consent so they took it
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by kally01(m): 5:47pm On Oct 30, 2017
my own crime was subscribing for their nyt plan ever since they just take my airtym as they like , I called customer care they gave me a code to dail that it would stop. but it didnt am tired ohh . they truth is all the network operators in nigeria are thieves
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by joramjimmy: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2017
that thing happened with every network.. some time due to bad internet some time other reason. End of the day, if anyone has any problem buzz @ customer care or what i have learnt with my experience, every operator sent deactivation method in their subs message and if its data portal then access the link go to account, there must be deactivation option too, from where you can see the activation history too. Sometime, user activate the service by mistake but put the complaint like its activated forcefully. Although DND is there , customer care is also there & wont do anything.. but there must be real time / activation visible history where subscription can also check the vas activated details how / when / where so that before making any call / putting any msg on any media subscriber should know the details where operatro cant do 419.what you say
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by benzion72(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
My own experience they worse with airtel.

I borrow N200 from them N30 was deducted for interest I was given N170. Gbam alert came that my daily BB has been auto renewed I was left with N70

The sim was not even on a BB and I shout , I cried to NCC to social media, twitter all manners.

It be like say all of them don dead with change government. This guys are just raping us without help

1 Like

Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by Cassie74: 9:56pm On Oct 30, 2017
dan9ice:
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by Cassie74: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
smartolaolu:

I was busy with my work early this morning jejely and in the process anonymous call came in (with a regular number) and I picked. I realized it was from one of their stupid lines so to say because I was hearing jargons so immediately I cut the call and faced my work.

It was later on, say about an hour I received 2 messages, one from 55030 and it reads "that my subscription to N-Xpress Learning service was successful” and the other from 902 and it reads "Learning Service has been activated on your airtel mobile and charges was #50 or I should dial *902# to stop the subscription”.

Just one question I will like to ask “at what point did they ask for my consent and I said yes to this subscription?” Or is it that picking up a call from a regular number is now a crime? Cos if its 55030 or 902 call I saw I will never pick it.

Please is there a way one can teach these people (networks) lesson cos glo network did exactly same thing on my line some 2 or 3 weeks ago?

If I call the customer care service the best that will come out is sorry and if they can help one to deactivate it.

As small as #50 may sound it is still my money and I believe I should use my credits the way I see fit and not that some stupid networks will dictate for me.

Imagine if they do this to just 1 million subscribers (out of millions of subscribers they have) that amounts to #50,000,000.00 within a minute or 2. This is daylight robbery and must be stopped.
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by Harmoneasy: 12:12am On Oct 31, 2017
smartolaolu:

so sorry about that, airtel i know will never refund your airtime and their customer care agent are rude to the core, they will even end the call sef when you are still talking to them.

Anytime glo deducts my airtime for reasons i don't know about..
I make sure they refund it as in eh dem dey fear nau...
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by Userx: 3:06pm On May 16, 2018
If you want to stop subscriptions
Text "STOP" to 2442 and you won't get annoying deductions from your account balance again.

Thank me later ☺
Re: Airtel Nigeria - This Is Daylight Robbery! by Userx: 3:07pm On May 16, 2018
Userx:
If you want to stop subscriptions
Text "STOP" to 2442 and you won't get annoying deductions from your account balance again.

Thank me later ☺

For airtel users

(1) (Reply)

Movies On Iphone / New Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 For Sale (SOLD) / Help, My Phone Won't Turn On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.