Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,788 members, 7,875,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:24 AM

Plucking The Eyes That Causes You To Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Plucking The Eyes That Causes You To Sin (241 Views)

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plucking The Eyes That Causes You To Sin by Hier(m): 1:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
Beast are those things we do naturally without any compulsion. Compulsion in the sense that, people are drawn to them, but yet these acts are sinful. For instance, many people tend to be pulled towards good literatures, despite the sinful content they carry, but since, that is what they can stay with at the moment. What pains me is, they spend hour reading a novel, but when it becomes a Christian novel, they are sleeping or dozing off with ease. This makes me to wonder, why will we sleep when we read a book that many profess to be a myth. I thought its just a book, but why are people even finding it difficult to read it or associate with it during the week. I don't think they really don't want to read the Bible, I believe from experience and understanding that there must be some spirits causing us to sleep when reading the Bible at night, esp folks who sleep in night vigil.

Yea, back to beast, peer group influences a great deal, those we interact with, Jesus spoke about cutting the hand or plucking the eyes if it causes you to sin. It means, disassociating oneself from friends that causes or influence you to sin, even threads and section and gangs

(1) (Reply)

No Reason To Fear Child Of God. / Destroy It, Before It Destroys You. (part 6). / Benefits Of Wisdom (5): Privileged Companions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.