Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,104 members, 7,896,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar (2275 Views)

Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own / Bolt Launches In Uyo And Calabar / A Trip With My Girlfriend To Obudu Cattle Ranch (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by falanaseyi: 8:30am On Oct 31, 2017
It was indeed a trip I looked forward to, looking for all important information towards planning such a vacation. This is to share my experience to everyone who might as well be planning on such a self-planned vacation to obudu mountain resorts and need updated information on how to go about planning. Please note that the post is based on my own personal experience, what and how I feel it’s most convenient for all.

First, I will take you through the common mistakes people make and the best route navigation from Lagos, Nigeria just as I did.

1. Obudu town is different from Obudu Mountain Resort (commonly known as Obudu Cattle Ranch or Obudu Ranch).
2. Obudu is not in calabar, obudu is a town in cross river state just as calabar is also a town/city in cross river state.

[b][/b]NAVIGATION FROM LAGOS, NIGERIA

My trip starting on the 23rd October, 2017 (Sunday)

1. Approximately 1hour Flight from Lagos to Enugu(AirPeace) - approximately N22000. AirPeace offers the best local flight through Nigeria with little or no delays and drama.
2. From Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu, take a cab to Abakaliki bus park - N3000-N3500. Best practice is to communicate with anyone else going through that route so bills can be shared. The trip is about 30mins considering little traffic along the road.
3. Board a bus going to Abakaliki- N400. The Road network is about 80% in good condition but the trip lasted about 1hr 15min considering frequent stops by the driver to pick up passengers and about 8 checkpoints along the road. Make sure you inform the driver you are going to Ogoja bus park to drop the right stop. To be precise, *spiral indi* roundabout. Lol don’t mind my spelling please.
4. From Ogoja bus park, board a bus to Obudu-N1500. This was the longest part of the journey which lasted approximately 4hrs to Obudu. Road from Abakaliki to Ogoja in very good condition but from Ogoja to obudu quite disturbing. Also, quite a number of checkpoints along the road accounted for the 4hrs trip.

Arrival at obudu town, It was exactly 5pm and it wasn’t the end of the journey yet. I decided to take a rest and continue the journey the next day (Monday).

- I lodged at VINTAGE HOTEL AND SUITES- N10000 per night. The least room here is N7500 but it was occupied. Vintage hotel is just a N100 bike from where the bus dropped me. Well, I think this is the best hotel in the environ which is closest to the park where obudu ranch car load from. The choice of hotel was as a result of proximity to the bus park for easy move to Obudu ranch the next day. For cheaper hotel rates, you can patronize Jumia travels or Hotelng and the likes.

Before I take you through to the trip to the ranch. From, information I got online even before I planned this trip. I learned that feeding on the ranch is quite expensive. So, in preparation for this I got a few provisions from Lagos (cornflakes, milo, milk, sugar etc.) to supplement for breakfast while I planned to eat their so called “expensive” meals for lunch and dinner.

More information and photos in a bit...........

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by madridguy(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2017
Following.............
Re: My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by PEPPERified: 8:47am On Oct 31, 2017
okay...
Re: My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by ishadfurnitures: 9:21am On Oct 31, 2017
Nice cant wait for you to continue
Re: My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by Afam4eva(m): 10:44am On Oct 31, 2017
Following...If possible please post pictures.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by ERONX(m): 11:36am On Oct 31, 2017
Nice one O.P
Re: My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by rocoh(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2017
please waiting for more information
Re: My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by Judek2(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2017
A Nice And Interesting Thread, Where's The Op?
Re: My Trip To Obudu Mountain Resort (OMR) And Calabar by RatedStar: 10:28am On Jun 06, 2018
Op don loss for the ranch o. Op where art thou?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Abeokuta And Ibadan, Which Is More Developed / Before You Take 'ethiopian Airline' / Travelling To Luxembourg As A Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.