Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,245 members, 7,880,914 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:09 AM

Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet (596 Views)

Nigeria’s Leader May Be The Least Corrupt In Africa- Washington Post / ​jonathan Dissolves Cabinet May 28 : Premiumtimes / Breaking News: Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet After Ngozi Resigned. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet by yenboy(m): 6:31pm On Mar 17, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council

Nigeria's acting President Goodluck Jonathan has dissolved the country's cabinet, government sources say.

Mr Jonathan became acting president in February amid the continuing illness of President Umaru Yar'Adua.

Mr Yar'Adua went to Saudi Arabia for treatment in November last year and, despite returning to Nigeria recently, has not been seen in public.

The cabinet was picked by Mr Yar'Adua and correspondents say Mr Jonathan is now trying to stamp his own authority.

Mansur Liman of BBC Hausa says there had been rumours of the dissolution for some time and Mr Jonathan had already changed several senior personnel.

But our correspondent says this is the biggest move Mr Jonathan has made since becoming acting president and he is clearly plotting a new course for the government.

It was only on 9 February that the National Assembly appointed Mr Jonathan as acting president, allowing him to sign legislation, chair cabinet meetings, reshuffle ministers and release oil funds.

Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves The Federal Executive Council
Re: Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet by KunleOshob(m): 6:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
thank God, that move was long overdue i sincerely hopes he has the presence of mind to appoint credible people to replacee the morons he just sacked! next step is to ensure credible electoral reforms and stable power supply.
Re: Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet by 9ja4eva: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
KunleOshob:

thank God, that move was long overdue i sincerely hopes he has the presence of mind to appoint credible people to replacee the morons he just sacked! next step is to ensure credible electoral reforms and stable power supply.

My Point

I think he will do just fine.
Re: Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet by yenboy(m): 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2010
Aahaaaaaa Izon u have shown to the world the an Ijaw can lead this great country of ours, to the next level i salute your courage Am proud to be an Izon man

Long Leave Ijaw Nation Long Leave GLJ, and Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet by dinggle: 7:22pm On Mar 17, 2010
Well done Dr. Goodluck, but this is just the begining before I praise ur name, I wanna see a probe on past activities of the cabinet, I also wanna see Farida fired and probed.
Re: Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet by 9ijaprince(m): 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2010
Sending all the members packing is the best option. I think the cabal has finally been decapilated. This marks the end of the cabal or the kitchen cabinet and "oga or madam said"
Re: Nigeria Leader Goodluck Jonathan Dissolves Cabinet by doyin13(m): 7:41pm On Mar 17, 2010
No more probe at this moment please. . .

at least not to the detriment of actually doing things.

BUILD ROADS, RAIL, SORT OUT THE GAS ISSUE AND GIVE US POWER.

FINISH.

(1)

Cloned Yar' Adua (mr. President) / Saudi Royal To Face London Murder Trial In October / Profiling Nigerians Misdirected Vital Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.