Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,204 members, 7,923,048 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:33 PM

What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari (826 Views)

What Lamido Adamawa Told Atiku Versus What He Told Buhari / EXCLUSIVE: Moghalu Kingsley Secretly Working For Buhari, Promised Kemi Adeosun J / 9 Things Buhari Promised Nigerians In 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:25pm On Nov 03, 2017
On May 29, Muhammadu Buhari will take office as President of Nigeria. Expectations are high as most Nigerians expect the coming government to wave a magic wand and make all their problems disappear. The Buhari campaign which ran on a ‘CHANGE’ mantra made numerous promises to Nigerians during the campaign.

Buhari’s campaign promises as presented by Vanguard

On Politics and Governance:
I, Muhammadu Buhari, believe that our politics is broken. Our nation urgently needs fundamental political reform and improvement in governance more transparency and accountable. If you nominate me in December, 2014 and elect me in February 2015, my administration will:

1. Initiate action to amend the Nigerian Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties, and responsibilities to states in order to entrench true Federalism and the Federal spirit;

2. Strengthen INEC to reduce, if possible, eliminate electoral malpractices in Nigerian’s political life;

3. Attract the best and brightest of our sons and daughters into our politics and public service by aggressive recruitment of private sector people, academics, and professionals within Nigeria and in the Diaspora through internships, fellowships, executive appointments, and special nomination to contest elective offices;

4. Prevent the abuse and misuse of Executive, Legislative and Public offices, through greater accountability, transparency, strict, and implementable anti-corruption laws, through strengthening and sanitising the EFCC and ICPC as independent entities;

5. Amend the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal cases; handover

See the attached Word Document Version for more of what Buhari Promised Nigerians

or

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/what-buhari-promised-nigerians/

Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:29pm On Nov 03, 2017
Perhaps Mr. President may not be aware he made statements like these
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2017
Mr unaware president grin
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by madridguy(m): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2017
Keep it coming @ OP.

Sai Baba will surely deliver every of his campaign promise. Baba have told us to be patience with him.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2017
Security and Conflict Resolution
On National Security and Defence: I will urgently secure the territorial integrity of the nation. I will never leave the defence of the nation in the hands of Hunters, Children, and Civilian JTF through the following:

1. Urgently address capacity building mechanisms of law enforcement agents in terms of quantity and quality as this is critical in safeguarding the sanctity of lives and property;

2. Establish a well trained, adequately equipped and goals driven Serious Crime Squad to combat insurgencies, kidnapping, armed robbery, ethno-religious and communal clashes, nationwide;
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2017
On Conflict Resolution, National Unity, And Social Harmony:

I will;
1. Establish a Conflict Resolution Commission to help prevent, mitigate, and resolve civil conflicts within the polity;

2. Bring permanent peace and solution to the insurgency issues in the North-East; the Niger Delta; and other conflict prone states and areas such as Plateau, Benue, Bauchi, Borno, Abia, Taraba, Yobe, and Kaduna in order to engender national unity and social harmony;
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2017
On Foreign Policy:

I will;
1. Make regional integration a priority within ECOWAS including free trade with a view to ensuring that common tariff currency are in use by the end of my term in office, under Nigeria’s guidance and leadership, base on the size of its market force;

2. Maintain a strong, close and frank relationship within the Gulf of Guinea, the Commonwealth, South Africa and the rest of the world.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2017
The Economy & Infrastructure Base On the Economy:
I will;
1. Maintain sound Micro and macro-economic policy environment, and run an efficient government and preserve the independence of the Central Bank;

2. Restore financial confidence in the citizens and the world, by putting in place a more robust monitoring, supervising, and regulating of the financial institutions;

13. Provide allowances to the discharged but unemployed Youth Corps members for Twelve (12) months while in the skills and entrepreneurial development programmes.

14. Equate N1.00 to $1.00
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2017
On Agriculture:
I will;
1. Modernize the sector and change Nigeria from being a country of self-subsistence farmers to that of a medium/large scale farming nation/producer;

2. Create a nationwide food inspectorate division with a view to improving nutrition and eliminating food-borne hazards
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
On Infrastructure:
I will;
1. Review the Public Private Partnership (PPP) enabling environment with a view to addressing the legal, regulatory and operational bottlenecks, challenging the effective administration of the system, by introducing enabling legislation. In addition, I will create a National Infrastructural Development Bank to provide loans at nominal interest rates, exclusively for this sector;

2. Generate, transmit and distribute electricity on a 24/7 basis whilst simultaneously ensuring the development of sustainable/renewable energy, by 2019.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2017
On the Oil and Gas Industry:
I will:
1. Revive and reactivate our minimally performing Refineries to optimum capacity;

2. Make the industry and Nigeria one of the world leading/cutting edge centres for clean oil and gas technology; also producing leading world Oil and Gas technologist, scientists, and owing mega structure installations, drilling, processing, and production facilities and engineers. These facilities and scientists will be supported with the best services and research facilities.
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
The Society & Human Capital Development On Education:
I will;
1. Fully review provisions of the Universal Basic Education Act with emphasis on gender equity in primary, secondary school enrolment whilst improving the quality and substance of our schools, through outcome based education, that address the individual, family, and societal roles in education; and the associative skills and competencies that go with these responsibilities;

2. Targeting up to 20% of our annual budget for this critical sector whilst making substantial investments in training quality teachers at all levels of the educational system;
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2017
On Healthcare:
I will;
1. Prioritise the reduction of the infant mortality rate substantially; reduce maternal mortality rates to the levels acceptable by the World Health Organisation; reduce HIV/AIDS and other infectious diseases drastically and improve life expectancy by an additional 10 years on average through our National Healthy Living program;

2. Increase the number of physicians from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000 through deliberate medication education as epitomize by nations such as Ghana. I will increase national health expenditure per person per annum to about N50,000 (from the less than N10,000 currently);
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:42pm On Nov 03, 2017
On Youth, Sports and Culture:
I will;
1. Provide the opportunities such as setting up functional recreational facilities, Library with e-services, Community Centers, in collaboration with States, Local Government Authorities, Local Development Areas, etc for youth to realize, harness, and develop their potentials to the fullest, in order to facilitate the emergence of the new generation of citizens, who will be committed to the sustenance of good governance and service to the people and the country;

6. Assist Nollywood to fully develop into world class movie industry that can compete effectively with Hollywood and Bollywood in due course. I will support the creative and performing arts with the necessary environment where by our great entertainers do not end their lives in abject poverty as is currently
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by TheTrueSeeker: 6:46pm On Nov 03, 2017
Please where is Mr. Femi Adesina?

Let him come here and tell us the ones Mr. President made and the ones he did not make....!!!
Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by Cjrane2: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2017
Nigerians, please stop lamenting. You are in a one chance bus A.K.A bus driven by crooks and rogues.

Just lie down and take their lies while they violate everything they have said. It's the nature of crooks to make promises they have no intentions to keep.

They will still come back next year and start another litany of lies to get your votes and some silly people will still vote them and begin complaining later. It's their life they are playing with. Na dem sabi.

This dance is exactly what Buhari and his supporters are doing to Nigerians. They preach to you and if they need you, they use you and dump you immediately. You are just a thing to use in their political pursuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy63v2JYW9Q

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Promised Nigerians Versus What Nigerians Are Getting From Buhari by Firefire(m): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2017
Buhary is a FRAUDSTER!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Massive Crowd Welcomed Gov Obiano's Campaign Team To Neni Aniocha LGA / Journalist Critical of George Weah Car Shot At (photos) / IPOB: Cowards That Fight With Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.