Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,880 members, 7,952,588 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 06:42 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4524088 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by PrinxArthur1(m): 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
MikeCZAR:
That's part of any professional force.

SA has a well drilled military machine, backed and oiled by the most advanced defence industry in Africa.

oops
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by gottfried21(m): 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
EVarn:
you are quite an interesting entity.by your post,i can deduce that you are a young military man,perhaps in you late 20s/early 30s,ranking between a corporal to lieutenant,you seem nice and accomodating,but you're quite timid and pretentious.you are curious,but cautious{overly so}.you definitely have ambitions,but you reluctant in getting it the dirty way.so,tell me,mr gottfried,was i right in my predictions?.anyways,i would love your opinions on matters of discussion on this thread,if you are who you imply to be,then they would prove to be quite educative and informative.
Almost,Ex military now Law enforcement(VIP Directorate,Much cooler cool) Late 20'sWas a Lance corporal during my service in the military but now I am a recently promoted Warrent Officer Class 2,Will Gladly contribute to my areas of expertise
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:17am On Dec 29, 2014
gottfried21:
Almost,Ex military now Law enforcement(VIP Directorate,Much cooler cool) Late 20'sWas a Lance corporal during my service in the military but now I am a recently promoted Warrent Officer Class 2,Will Gladly contribute to my areas of expertise
hmm...i guess i'm getting a hang on my detective skill then....it is not paramount that you get the accurate data file of the target at once,if you're able to get a rough sketch....then you are good to go.anyway mr gottfried{and i certainly hope you dont get fried before we meet again.lol},i await your magnanimous contributions that promises to be enlightening,especially regarding "your area of expertise".
NB: congratulations on your promotion.you seem diligent enough.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 12:30am On Dec 29, 2014
mzilakazi:
You will see exactly how. This is SA.
attempting to single-handedly fund such a project denotes sheer madness!,you'd run your country into massive economic depression that would take centuries to recover from.anyway,you cant even amass such funds in the first place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 12:36am On Dec 29, 2014
EVarn:
attempting to single-handedly fund such a project denotes sheer madness!,you'd run your country into massive economic depression that would take centuries to recover from.anyway,you cant even amass such funds in the first place.

Just wait and see how we will pay for the project.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 5:58am On Dec 29, 2014
iterator24:
you've got no game.. post sources ..

54 people die in south africa everyday!

in today's news
m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Violence-a-top-5-cause-of-death-20141228

"Johannesburg - South Africa has no civil war but violence is one of the top five causes of death in the country, according
to a study published by The Lancet , the Sunday Times reported.
According to the report, South Africa was the only country outside the Latin American and Caribbean region to make this
claim.
People most at risk of dying because of violence were at the prime of their lives and a group being decimated by HIV.
In 2013, almost 200 000 people between the ages of 15 and 49 died of violence, Aids-related illness and road injuries.
Suicides surged more than 200% last year, compared with 1990, the newspaper reported."

defend it mzilakazi

even boko haram didn't cause that much atrocity ..

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:15am On Dec 29, 2014
mzilakazi:

Just wait and see how we will pay for the project.
i await the magic you want to perform

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:18am On Dec 29, 2014
iterator24:

in today's news
m.news24.com/news24/SouthAfrica/News/Violence-a-top-5-cause-of-death-20141228

"Johannesburg - South Africa has no civil war but violence is one of the top five causes of death in the country, according
to a study published by The Lancet , the Sunday Times reported.
According to the report, South Africa was the only country outside the Latin American and Caribbean region to make this
claim.
People most at risk of dying because of violence were at the prime of their lives and a group being decimated by HIV.
In 2013, almost 200 000 people between the ages of 15 and 49 died of violence, Aids-related illness and road injuries.
Suicides surged more than 200% last year, compared with 1990, the newspaper reported."

defend it mzilakazi

even boko haram didn't cause that much atrocity ..
wtf,see people dying like guinea pigs in SA.what a terrible place.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:10am On Dec 29, 2014
EVarn:

Yet, the "terrible place" has swept off the table all meangful tourism awards on
offer this year.

Meaning the world likes the "terrible place"

Nigerians particularly are streaming into the "terrible place", some even asking for asylum. Oh, the irony!

Meanwhile, there are official anti travel warnings against half the territory of Nigeria. "None but essential travel only". Oh, the irony!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 29, 2014
I come in peace, laid my hand on few NA T-72 TANKS, postin it soonish

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 29, 2014
NA

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2014
dakingsman:
NA

Nice images.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by bidexiii: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2014
dakingsman:
NA
Nice pictures I love that frontal view
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 29, 2014
DieVluit:

Yet, the "terrible place" has swept off the table all meangful tourism awards on
offer this year.

Meaning the world likes the "terrible place"

Nigerians particularly are streaming into the "terrible place", some even asking for asylum. Oh, the irony!

Meanwhile, there are official anti travel warnings against half the territory of Nigeria. "None but essential travel only". Oh, the irony!

Let me correct an impression.

Nigerians are streaming into everywhere. When your troops failed in the CAR, you could see thousands of Nigerians been evacuated from the country by the Nigerian Airforce.

There are Nigerians in Guam, sao-tome, skits, nevis, sri-lanka, and some of the world's most unusual places. we are naturally explorers. We don't just sit at a place and remain ignorant like you south-africans.

Lagos is Africa's 3rd most visited city in SSA.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Henry120:

Let me correct an impression.

Nigerians are streaming into everywhere. When your troops failed in the CAR, you could see thousands of Nigerians been evacuated from the country by the Nigerian Airforce.

There are Nigerians in Guam, sao-tome, skits, nevis, sri-lanka, and some of the world's most unusual places. we are naturally explorers. We don't just sit at a place and remain ignorant like you south-africans.

Lagos is Africa's 3rd most visited city in SSA.

Yes, in this instance the "everywhere" is the "terrible place" called South Africa, which the Nigerians are streaming into.

Some of them go through the below in an attempt to get into South Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCPpcSFG7E

And the fact that Nigerians stream everywhere alone settles it.

And yes, the "terrible place" called South Africa has won tourism awards this year which have the following words in their name:

"best destination"
"best"

So many awards, I have lost count.

These awards were bestowed by professional tourism bodies, who have bestowed zero AWARDS on Nigeria.

That's vastly different from being simply noted (without being seen as deserving of any awards) as being "mostly visited", which in Lagos' case is to be expected given Nigeria's overpopulation (the top two most visited cities being where again? Yes). Which overpopulation and infestation means what again? That Nigerians will stream everywhere, as long as it is away from "the wonderful" place called Nigeria. The "natural explorers" are "economic refugees", more like.

Thank you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2014
EVarn:
it has some beautiful places however, but crime is everywhere ... compared to Nigeria with 36 states, Nigeria is safer
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2014
iterator24:
it has some beautiful places however, but crime is everywhere ... compared to Nigeria with 36 states, Nigeria is safer

Nigeria has no idea what its own crime rate is.

Notwithstanding "everything", the world awards South Africa again and again as an ATTRACTION and not a REPELLENT.

Nigerians themselves award South Africa via their continuous streaming into the country, no matter what happens to them in the process.

Meanwhile, Nigeria itself has been deemed a REPELLENT via official anti-travel warnings.

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/nigeria

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 9:46am On Dec 29, 2014
DieVluit:

Nigeria has no idea what its own crime rate is.

Notwithstanding "everything", the world awards South Africa again and again as an ATTRACTION and not a REPELLANT.

Nigerian award South Africa via their continuous streaming into the country, no matter what happens to them in the process.

Meanwhile, Nigeria itself has been deemed a REPELLANT via official anti-travel warnings.
the world knows crime in SA is on steroids

a travel warning issued by US to SA
www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/US-issues-SA-crime-warning-20130619

Nigeria doesn't put much emphasis on tourism which is understandable, so your awards is baseless to us, we aint competing . Lagos is still a top destination irrespective ..

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2014
iterator24:
the world knows crime in SA is on steroids
a travel warning issued by US to SA
www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/US-issues-SA-crime-warning-20130619
Nigeria doesn't put much emphasis on tourism which is understandable, so your awards is baseless to us, we aint competing . Lagos is still a top destination irrespective ..

I do not see a "none but essential travel" anywhere. All I see is the following:

"The majority of US citizens who travel to South Africa generally make it back without incident," he told the publication.

US president Barack Obama is due to visit Pretoria and Cape Town at the end of June.

From your own source.

And from my own, I see the picture below about Nigeria.

I then see the following also about South Africa, notwithstanding "crime":

SA Named World's Leading Safari Destination for 2014

http://allafrica.com/stories/201412210098.html

I do not see that or similar anywhere about Nigeria. All I see are Nigerians streaming everywhere, instead, away from "the wonderful Nigeria" including into South Africa.

Point is, the "terrible South Africa" is an attraction, has been recognised and AWARDED as such; and the "wonderful Nigeria" is not. But then again, with articles such as the below, it is UNDERSTANDABLE how the "wonderful Nigeria" is what it is.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173246-nigeria-tourism-chief-claims-humans-turn-wild-beasts-devour-livestock.html

"Nigeria tourism chief undecided claims humans turn to wild beasts to devour livestock"

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:49am On Dec 29, 2014
DieVluit:
offer this year.
Meaning the world likes the "terrible place".Nigerians particularly are streaming into the "terrible place", some even asking for asylum. Oh, the irony!
spare me your acerbatics and half-witted barbs.people only visit SA 'cos of the tourist sites and a few note-worthy infrastructures that you managed to scrape together.the fact still remains that,SA is the crime and HIV capital of the world.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2014
iterator24:
very true
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 29, 2014
Nigerian Army BTR-4E with cage armour.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2014
EVarn:
very true

Yet and notwithstanding, Nigerians and awards keep coming.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 12:01pm On Dec 29, 2014
EVarn:
spare me your acerbatics and half-witted barbs.people only visit SA 'cos of the tourist sites and a few note-worthy infrastructures that you managed to scrape together.the fact still remains that,SA is the crime and HIV capital of the world.

In other words, they visit regardless of "everything"

Yes, they visit and recognise notwithstanding "the crime" and "HIV". But Nigeria gets no tourism award recognition notwithstanding its being "wonderful". Notwithstanding its being "wonderful", Nigeria sees Nigerians streaming out and into South Africa.

Awards that Nigeria will not even smell in its wildest dreams:

1. Legend Golf & Safari Resort won World's Leading Safari Resort.

2. Shamwari Game Reserve's Eagles Crag Lodge won World's Leading Eco-Lodge.

3. Shambala Private Reserve won for being the World's Leading Private Game Reserve

4. Thanda Private Game Reserve was awarded the World's Leading Luxury Lodge.

5. Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa won as the World's Leading Boutique Hotel for the 15th consecutive year.

6. The Saxon's website won the award for being the World’s Leading Hotel Website.

7. Best Safari destination - South Africa

8. Cape Town voted telegraph's best city to visit.

On and on it goes, the awards list, I can't even keep up.

All this notwithstanding "everything"

LOL LOLLZY LOLZ.

MEANWHILE, Nigeria, the land of official antitravel warnings, meanwhile...their tourism chief says human turn to beasts at night, to eat animals. Go figure.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/173246-nigeria-tourism-chief-claims-humans-turn-wild-beasts-devour-livestock.html

Strange about the "terrible South Africa" and the "wonderful Nigeria". Strange.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2014
DieVluit:

Yet and notwithstanding, Nigerians and awards keep coming.

You know, you've never contributed anything military related to this thread. You are always off topic.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
Henry120:

You know, you've never contributed anything military related to this thread. You are always off topic.

Funny how I'm suddenly "off topic" now that you don't like the direct responses to your own posts. Yes, attack me in frustration, why don cha?

Mr "I'll post about aids and crime and whatnot when I'm upset".

Do me a favour Henry, if you don't wanna talk about it, don't post about it.

Fair deal, that.

Or better yet, go read my last 20 posts and count there how many are military as well as how many of those military topics started you off on your tirade.

Or even better, go see how many unprovoked posts of yours were on what I responded directly to. Take your own advice, Henry.

Deal?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
EVarn:
hmm...i guess i'm getting a hang on my detective skill then....it is not paramount that you get the accurate data file of the target at once,if you're able to get a rough sketch....then you are good to go.anyway mr gottfried{and i certainly hope you dont get fried before we meet again.lol},i await your magnanimous contributions that promises to be enlightening,especially regarding "your area of expertise".
NB: congratulations on your promotion.you seem diligent enough.
nah! you re just forgetting your sherlock holmes. smiley
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 1:12pm On Dec 29, 2014
DieVluit:

Yes, in this instance the "everywhere" is the "terrible place" called South Africa, which the Nigerians are streaming into.

Some of them go through the below in an attempt to get into South Africa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRCPpcSFG7E

And the fact that Nigerians stream everywhere alone settles it.

And yes, the "terrible place" called South Africa has won tourism awards this year which have the following words in their name:

"best destination"
"best"

So many awards, I have lost count.

These awards were bestowed by professional tourism bodies, who have bestowed zero AWARDS on Nigeria.

That's vastly different from being simply noted (without being seen as deserving of any awards) as being "mostly visited", which in Lagos' case is to be expected given Nigeria's overpopulation (the top two most visited cities being where again? Yes). Which overpopulation and infestation means what again? That Nigerians will stream everywhere, as long as it is away from "the wonderful" place called Nigeria. The "natural explorers" are "economic refugees", more like.

Thank you sir.
oh boy! you re so annoying.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
DieVluit:

Funny how I'm suddenly "off topic" now that you don't like the direct responses to your own posts. Yes, attack me in frustration, why don cha?

Mr "I'll post about aids and crime and whatnot when I'm upset".

Do me a favour Henry, if you don't wanna talk about it, don't post about it.

Fair deal, that.

Or better yet, go read my last 20 posts and count there how many are military as well as how many of those military topics started you off on your tirade.

Or even better, go see how many unprovoked posts of yours were on what I responded directly to. Take your own advice, Henry.

Deal?

No, far from it. I was only making an observation. You took it the wrong way. Don't let me spoil your cruise/rant, carry on.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2014
DieVluit:

In other words, they visit regardless of "everything"

Yes, they visit and recognise notwithstanding "the crime" and "HIV". But Nigeria gets no tourism award recognition notwithstanding its being "wonderful". Notwithstanding its being "wonderful", Nigeria sees Nigerians streaming out and into South Africa.

Awards that Nigeria will not even smell in its wildest dreams:

1. Legend Golf & Safari Resort won World's Leading Safari Resort.

2. Shamwari Game Reserve's Eagles Crag Lodge won World's Leading Eco-Lodge.

3. Shambala Private Reserve won for being the World's Leading Private Game Reserve

4. Thanda Private Game Reserve was awarded the World's Leading Luxury Lodge.

5. Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa won as the World's Leading Boutique Hotel for the 15th consecutive year.

6. The Saxon's website won the award for being the World’s Leading Hotel Website.

7. Best Safari destination - South Africa

8. Cape Town voted telegraph's best city to visit.

On and on it goes, the awards list, I can't even keep up.

All this notwithstanding "everything"

LOL LOLLZY LOLZ.

MEANWHILE, Nigeria, the land of official antitravel warnings, meanwhile...their tourism chief says human turn to beasts at night, to eat animals. Go figure.

Strange about the "terrible South Africa" and the "wonderful Nigeria". Strange.

baseless post. keep embarrassing saffers ... highest crime rate, HIV and rape; world record goes to you
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:58pm On Dec 29, 2014
Henry120:

No, far from it. I was only making an observation. You took it the wrong way. Don't let me spoil your cruise/rant, carry on.

And I made my own observation back, as I always do - respond as required and appropriate.

Go back and read your own posts and mine while I cruise as advised.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 1:59pm On Dec 29, 2014
iterator24:
baseless post. keep embarrassing saffers ... highest crime rate, HIV and rape; world record goes to you

The base would be the many tourism awards that south africa collects on the daily. There can't be a better endorsement than that.

Even the constant stream of nigerians wanting a piece of the action can't be a better endorsement than the international recognition that SA keeps getting as a desirable destination.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1612) (1613) (1614) (1615) (1616) (1617) (1618) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.