Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,110 members, 7,887,238 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:05 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1824) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4480111 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 3:30pm On Feb 23, 2015
andrewza:

Stormfront? Really? You do know it a website of white supremacists and racist.
'racists' who speak the truth and support their arguements with proven citations.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 3:40pm On Feb 23, 2015
saengine:

You dont even have to annouce such. Just quietly leave if you want. You dont owe anyone anything. This forum, however stupid it is, will carry on with or without you.

1. Thanks for admitting South Africans have made this forum silly

2. I am not the only one complaining about how you Southies have devalued this thread/forum this year 2015, go back pages and see other people complaining and leaving or cutting down their time input to very little.

3. Year 2012-2014 researchers were visiting this forum to gather facts and figures. Now 2015 South Africans see nothing wrong in turning it into a silly forum. Shows how little value your Soweto brain places on education and information.

4. Yes, I will go off and on this forum, won't invest my time in silly discussions with South Africans struck down by inferiority complex everytime they debate with Nigerians who liberated them from the Boer white-masters prison yard, the whites never wanted to hand over South Africa's greatness to you because they know everything you black Sowetans touch becomes silly eventually
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 3:52pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:
'racists' who speak the truth and support their arguements with proven citations.

Since I refuse to even glance at the site why don't you use there links a d make your own argument.

Some facts. Before there was even a fight south Africa secured a agreement to use the airport. It was the only airport. Durining the fight sa Double checked. The training team evacuated to the airport first. The paras and SF only moved there after the fight. The airport was the second last fall back point to. The last was to get to the DRC.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 3:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
andrewza:

Since I refuse to even glance at the site why don't you use there links a d make your own argument.

Some facts. Before there was even a fight south Africa secured a agreement to use the airport. It was the only airport. Durining the fight sa Double checked. The training team evacuated to the airport first. The paras and SF only moved there after the fight. The airport was the second last fall back point to. The last was to get to the DRC.
Mr Andrewza,i want to ask you a few questions,and i would love it if you answer them truthfully:
how many paratroopers were killed in CAR?
how many SANDF troops were there in the first place?
let me stop at those two for now.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2015
agaugust:

2. I am not the only one complaining about how you Southies have devalued this thread/forum this year 2015, go back pages and see other people complaining and leaving or cutting down their time input to very little.

3. Year 2012-2014 researchers were visiting this forum to gather facts and figures. Now 2015 South Africans see nothing wrong in turning it into a silly forum. Shows how little value your Soweto brain places on education and information.

4. Yes, I will go off and on this forum, won't invest my time in silly discussions with South Africans struck down by inferiority complex everytime they debate with Nigerians who liberated them from the Boer white-masters prison yard, the whites never wanted to hand over South Africa's greatness to you because they know everything you black Sowetans touch becomes silly eventually

- complains about this thread being devalued

- follows up the complaint by posting this:
Boer white-masters prison yard, the whites never wanted to hand over South Africa's greatness to you because they know everything you black Sowetans touch becomes silly eventually

You point one finger at as but 4 of your own point at you

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:
Mr Andrewza,i want to ask you a few questions,and i would love it if you answer them truthfully:

In other words, you have no idea what happened in CAR, but you have been posting about it for months - in chorus since you saw others posting about it.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2015
agaugust:

You didn't need to type any of this. You could have just left. just leave if u want. Dont log back in...simple. you don't need a resignation letter or anything. It's cool guy...don't stress.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:

13 died in CAR with 2 deaths latter on back in SA

That's a hard one actually. The training team was around 50 with the protecstuon team at 200. During the battle SA flew in a medical team and a rapid response speciol forces team. I forgot there numbers but the SF team had 5 hornets. The total force was under 300 every one included.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2015
DieVluit:

In other words, you have no idea what happened in CAR, but you have been posting about it for months - in chorus since you saw others posting about it.
common sense,you no get.
i'm asking questions that will lead the arguement to the point where i will reveal my ultimate proof,using words from his own mouth.
i know more of what happened in CAR than you can ever phantom,unlike you,i do not rely on what a tomato minister says.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 5:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:

13 and two more died later from injuries sustained.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2015
andrewza:
13 died in CAR with 2 deaths latter on back in SA
That's a hard one actually. The training team was around 50 with the protecstuon team at 200. During the battle SA flew in a medical team and a rapid response speciol forces team. I forgot there numbers but the SF team had 5 hornets. The total force was under 300 every one included.
BLUE LIES!!
over 36 SANDF troops died,with 26 more injured.infact,seleka's commander alledged to have capture 42 SANDF troops,while eyewitnesses and french sources claimed to have counted 50 body bags.
http://www.dispatchlive.co.za/news/rebels-claim-more-sa-soldiers-died-in-car/
http://africajournalismtheworld.com/tag/sandf-losses-in-car/
You had 200 combat troops who went to CAR to help secure SA's mining interests,they were drafted,and perhaps paid by bozize to act as mercenaries under full authority of the government in pretoria.you didnt go to train CAR government troops,contrary to your claims about train CAR troops.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 5:53pm On Feb 23, 2015
agaugust:

Even Cameroons navy crosses atlantic, crossing ocean is NOT 24 hour patrolling international waters, South African navy has no OPV fleet for 24 hours round the clock patrolling of international waters, 3 of your 4 Valour frigates engines has already broken down, your navy has no maritime security capability long range !

Davit system ? What da fvck ! Nigeria has hundreds of those Davit system kinda tiny rubber or fibre glass boats, yet we bought many Shaldag ocean interceptors because those rubber dinghy boats are mere toys when blue water action starts.

Those your Valour frigates useless Davit sytem launch only tiny toy rubber inflatable dingy or fibre boats that cannot carry cannon/main gun, cannot carry radar, cannot carry night vision ocean imagers, cannot survive alone in high sea because a windy wave will overflow it with water and sink it killing all your sailors, cannot climb into a pirate ship that is the size of an oil tanker, cannot fight pirates that have rifles aboard a big ship, it can even be overran by a small fishing trawler made of steel and all your sailors will sink and drown to death, it cannot carry fuel for more than few hours before it's tiny out-board motor tank runs dry and your sailors stranded in high sea where shark will eventually eat up all those South African navy men including @Andrewza....

South African navy is a wishy washy piece of joke, reason why you are now realizing your weakness and desperate to buy a big stealth OPV and MPV like Nigeria, but South Africa has no money, except you auction some of your bank loan purchased useless submarines tomorrow !

PHOTO : NIGERIAN NAVY BOATS BESIDE THEIR MASTER THE SHALDAG OCEAN HIGH SPEED INTERCEPTOR
SAN OPVs are always in the Mozambiquean channel. Patrolling. International waters!

Fibre glass? You don't even know what I'm talking about.

The Namacurra patrol boats have radar.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:11pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:
BLUE LIES!!
over 36 SANDF troops died,with 26 more injured.infact,seleka's commander alledged to have capture 42 SANDF troops,while eyewitnesses and french sources claimed to have counted 50 body bags.
You had 200 combat troops who went to CAR to help secure SA's mining interests,they were drafted,and perhaps paid by bozize to act as mercenaries under full authority of the government in pretoria.you didnt go to train CAR government troops,contrary to your claims about train CAR troops.

All been disprooven. One sa solder was captured. The report that claimed the extra solders killed could not exolian where the bodies went. I mean dead people don't vanish. Actually I suspect they did see 50 body bags. But where there bodies in them.

Bozzie pay for them? With what money.

Sure South Africa had minning interests and other interested in CAR. We would not have been there other wise.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
Henry120:

The Nigerian Navy has

1 Frigate
4 corvettes
6 missile crafts and

39 other capital vessels.

It is by far a more functional and purpose built Navy than SA navy can dream of.

Coast guard.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:12pm On Feb 23, 2015
Msauza:

13 and two more died later from injuries sustained.
lies!!,36 died,with 22 or 26 injured.
remove that number from your total 200 troops in CAR,and you will have a 138 soldiers remaining alives.
when the NA captured baga,we only lost 2 soldiers{RIPP} against over 1500 highly sophisticated BH fighters who wielded Tanks,APCs,AFVs,atillery guns,rocket launchers,anti-aircraft guns,radius and perimeter touch sensitive mines,AK47 and kalashnikovs etc....
That shows a high level of training and sophistication.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:17pm On Feb 23, 2015
agaugust:

Fool, you don't have all those weapons combined on any single Ratel, those are for different versions.

Same way BTR-4E has versions for all those kind of guns and mortar, however as a modern 2010 IFV the BTR-4 combines 30mm cannon plus 40mm automatic grenade launcher plus anti-tank missiles on one single BTR-4.....a feat which your obsolete 1980 Ratel CANNOT perform.

You started messing up this thread again and I will just go back ignoring the thread until your season of m.adness is over
Nigeria doesn't even have a command BTR-4E, you blokes are a big joke grin grin grin

20mm cannon.
23mm cannon.
60mm mortar.
81mm mortar.
90mm assault gun.
Ingwe missile.
LMG(s).

Did you know: Nigeria can't send a conventional force to fight another national. army?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 6:18pm On Feb 23, 2015
andrewza:

All been disprooven. One sa solder was captured. The report that claimed the extra solders killed could not exolian where the bodies went. I mean dead people don't vanish. Actually I suspect they did see 50 body bags. But where there bodies in them.

Bozzie pay for them? With what money.

Sure South Africa had minning interests and other interested in CAR. We would not have been there other wise.
but you guys come swaggering in here,claiming that SANDF troops were drafted to CAR to train government troops.
if you read the source,many mysteries would be revealed before your eyes.
your government downplayed the casualty figure in CAR,for fear of being labelled weak.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:22pm On Feb 23, 2015
Henry120:

You keep recycling the same old tired story.

Fact, you begged the french for safe passage to the Airport. Troops deployed in the DRC for a UN mission in the eastern DRC are not a QRF.

No systems were deployed around CAR. Your Generals sh1t their pants anytime the word Seleka is pronounced.

Your Generals, just like your troops on the ground are a bunch of pathetic cowards.

You claimed to have killed 1500 Seleka members, but Seleka still took over the capital the very next day.

Go tell that lie to your little niece.
The OC went to the airport multiple times during the battle to check if it was still open.

If reinforcement were coming they'd come via the airport.

Gripens, Rooivalks and more systems were deployed.

Majority of the SANDF Generals fought in many SADC countries on both sides during the boarder war.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 6:34pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:
but you guys come swaggering in here,claiming that SANDF troops were drafted to CAR to train government troops.
if you read the source,many mysteries would be revealed before your eyes.
your government downplayed the casualty figure in CAR,for fear of being labelled weak.

They where. The second team of 200 only moved in one year before the battle.

They can't down play the losses, no solder will let his comrade death go unrecognized. Thanks to our union no solder who leaked su h info would ever get punished.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:38pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:
BLUE LIES!!
Do you what is used to carry the WIA when travelling in the C-130 for a long time?

Only one SANDF soldiers was captured but he was returned with his full kit by the Seleka commander who negotiated for a ceasefire.

SA had a small training team in CAR, when the rebels advanced South. The available options for SA was to run home or send more troops to protect that training team.

400 paratroopers were going to be sent to CAR to protect that team, the first group of 200 were sent and the situation improved after negotiations and Seleka leaders were given government posts.

But on that Friday Seleka "arrested" their ministers and gave Bozize 9 hours. They advanced South on Friday boasting they're at the gates of Bangui but they met SA forces their advance was completely stopped.

They only managed to infiltrate small numbers of rebels into the city, they couldn't take Bangui from Friday until Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2015
agaugust:

On a testing ground, the driver inside it is a civilian with no uniform grin grin

No single Badger in SANDF service, show us your soldiers using them or posing with them grin grin
Denel delivered 6 Badgers to armscor and the SA army for OT&E.

If armscor and SA army team are satisfied with the performance of those pre-production vehicles they'll give the go ahead for the production to start. The 6 vehicles belong to the SA army.

In service means when regular army units start being equipped with them.

The Ingwe missile known as the Mongol missile back then were used in Angola, on pre-production Ratel-ZT3.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 7:05pm On Feb 23, 2015
agaugust:

First you said last year that Nigeria has NO SINGLE T-72 tank, now you say we have less than 26 units....why did you change your foolish mind ?

Secondly, Nigeria is proved to have over 100 units of T-72 tanks already in service, and when Ukraine delivers the delayed units, we will have about 200 units of T-72 tanks.

Thirdly, we have T-72 tanks from 3 different countries, the new batch delivery from Czech republic alone was 58 units of T-72 tanks.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2015/02/01/czechs-sell-tanks-to-nigeria-to-fight-boko-haram/

SANDF has only 26 units of modernized refurbished re-welded repainted Olifant tanks with fairly good passive armour, all the rest of your Olifant tanks are ancient versions with ordinary RHA armour that Nigerian T-72 tanks will eat for breakfast with 125mm gun tongue tongue
Tell augubugbu what led to the failure of Operation hunter?

Nigeria CANNOT deploy those for conventional battles!

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by igbo2011(m): 7:26pm On Feb 23, 2015
How does the strongest any in Africa compare to others in the world?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
andrewza:

They where. The second team of 200 only moved in one year before the battle.

They can't down play the losses, no solder will let his comrade death go unrecognized. Thanks to our union no solder who leaked su h info would ever get punished.
it changes nothing
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:28pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:
BLUE LIES!!

Your brain is sick.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Do you what is used to carry the WIA when travelling in the C-130 for a long time?

Only one SANDF soldiers was captured but he was returned with his full kit by the Seleka commander who negotiated for a ceasefire.

SA had a small training team in CAR, when the rebels advanced South. The available options for SA was to run home or send more troops to protect that training team.

400 paratroopers were going to be sent to CAR to protect that team, the first group of 200 were sent and the situation improved after negotiations and Seleka leaders were given government posts.

But on that Friday Seleka "arrested" their ministers and gave Bozize 9 hours. They advanced South on Friday boasting they're at the gates of Bangui but they met SA forces their advance was completely stopped.

They only managed to infiltrate small numbers of rebels into the city, they couldn't take Bangui from Friday until Sunday.
story for the gods.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 7:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
Msauza:

Your brain is sick.
is it indeed,what of yours,rotten?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by andrewza: 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2015
EVarn:
it changes nothing

It shows you did not properly research your argument.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 23, 2015
MikeCZAR:
The OC went to the airport multiple times during the battle to check if it was still open.

If reinforcement were coming they'd come via the airport.

Gripens, Rooivalks and more systems were deployed.

Majority of the SANDF Generals fought in many SADC countries on both sides during the boarder war.

Guy, you begged the french for help. I posted 3 Reuters articles to prove this fact.

You sent no reinforcements, this is a fact, and no systems were deployed as QRF.

Your Generals are incompetent, and you have no institution in place to check their cowardice.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:46pm On Feb 23, 2015
Henry120:

Guy, you begged the french for help. I posted 3 Reuters articles to prove this fact.

You sent no reinforcements, this is a fact, and no systems were deployed as QRF.

Your Generals are incompetent, and you have no institution in place to check their cowardice.

That's a blue lies. However, the only army which run away to other countries looking for help is well known.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:58pm On Feb 23, 2015
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 8:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
andrewza:

It shows you did not properly research your argument.
really?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1821) (1822) (1823) (1824) (1825) (1826) (1827) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.