Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,129 members, 7,880,536 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:24 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (1936) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4476980 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1933) (1934) (1935) (1936) (1937) (1938) (1939) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:58am On Mar 18, 2015
agaugust:

Those Maiduguri REVA MRAP guys look very much like Cubans with that tan skin colour....tan skin colour like ma ex-gurl, she's mixed blood, sent her away cuz she can't even fry eggs in cooking oil...back 2 her mama....liability gurl frendz !

Augubugug: Forever alone

Imaginary girlfriends to go with an imaginary job

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 1:59am On Mar 18, 2015
overhypedsteve:
you re holding on to a fallacious claim. and i am personally surprised that you ve not edited your post yourself to correct your own mistake. What you call battle school could be the same thing another country chose to call a war college, war institute and so on. you don't just wake up and say South Africa has the only Battle school in Africa, doesn't it even sound ridiculous to you, knowing the fact that even small non state actors like militias e,g Boko Haram, Al shabab e.t.c all operate similar institutes

We do, and its one of the biggest in the world

And no, you are confusing acadamies and training facilities
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:00am On Mar 18, 2015
overhypedsteve:
ok so we only have 10 military institutions with the name battle school? hmm! thats cool, i like this game of big names.

No - there are only 10 of that type of institution in the world
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:03am On Mar 18, 2015
agaugust:

No standard army uses the 1950s AK-47 again, it's been improved with so many versions. China has it's own variant, Nigeria has OBJ-006.

Even SANDF R-4 is listed as an AK-47 variant, because that is what the mechanics are, forget about the paint job and stock etc that has nothing to do with rifle operations in combat.

There are so many AK-47 variants across the world each country having it's own mechanical improvements, you are half-illiterate :

Production outside of the Soviet Union/Russian Federation
Military variants only. Includes new designs substantially derived from the Kalashnikov.
=======================================================

(February 2013)
Country Variant(s)

Albania Automatiku Shqiptar model 56 (ASH-78 Tip-1) Albanian Automatic Assault Rifle Model 56 Type-1 [Made in Poliçan Arsenal] (Straight forward copy of Type 56, which in turn is a clone of the Soviet AKM rifle)
Automatiku Shqiptar Tipi 1982 (ASH-82) Albanian Automatic Assault Rifle Type 1982 [Made in Poliçan Arsenal] (Straight forward copy of AKMS)

Automatiku Shqiptar model 56 (ASH-78 Tip-2) Albanian Light Machine Gun [Made in Poliçan Arsenal] (Straight forward copy of RPK)

Automatiku Shqiptar model 56 (ASH-78 Tip-3) Albanian Automatic Hybrid Rifle Model 56 Type-3 [Made in Poliçan Arsenal] (Hybrid rifle for multi-purpose roles mainly Marksman rifle with secondary assault rifle and grenade launcher capability)

Other unknown variants.

Several other unnamed & unidentified versions of the AKMS have been produce mainly with short barrels similar to the Soviet AKS-74U mainly for special forces, Tank & Armoured crew also for Helicopter pilots and police.
There have also been modifications and fresh production of heavily modified ASh-82 (AKMS) with SOPMOD accessories, mainly for Albania's special forces RENEA & exports.

Armenia K-3 (bullpup, 5.45×39mm)
Azerbaijan Khazri (AK-74M)[77]
Bangladesh Chinese Type 56
Bulgaria AKK/AKKS (Type 3 AK-47/w. side-folding buttstock)
AKKMS (AKMS), AKKN-47 (fittings for NPSU night sights)

AK-47M1 (Type 3 with black polymer furniture)

AK-47MA1/AR-M1 (same as -M1, but in 5.56 mm NATO)

AKS-47M1 (AKMS in 5.56×45mm NATO)

AKS-47S (AK-47M1, short version, with East German folding stock, laser aiming device)

AKS-47UF (short version of -M1, Russian folding stock), AR-SF (same as −47UF, but 5.56 mm NATO)

AKS-93SM6 (similar to −47M1, cannot use grenade launcher)

RKKS (RPK), AKT-47 (.22 rimfire training rifle)

Cambodia Chinese Type 56, Soviet AK-47, and AKM
People's Republic of China Type 56
Colombia Galil ACE
Croatia APS-95
Cuba AKM[78]
East Germany[79] MPi-K/MPi-KS (AK-47/AKS)
MPi-KM (AKM; wooden and plastic stock), MPi-KMS-72 (side-folding stock), MPi-KMS-K (carbine)

MPi-AK-74N (AK-74), MPi-AKS-74N (side-folding stock), MPi-AKS-74NK (carbine)

KK-MPi Mod.69 (.22 LR select-fire trainer)

Egypt AK-47, Misr assault rifle (AKMS), Maadi ARM (AKM)
Ethiopia AK-47, AK-103 (manufactured locally at the State-run Gafat Armament Engineering Complex as the Et-97/1)[80]
Finland Rk 62, Valmet M76 (other names Rk 62 76, M62/76), Valmet M78 (light machine gun), Rk 95 Tp
Hungary[81] AK-55 (domestic manufacture of the 2nd Model AK-47)
AKM-63 (also known as AMD-63 in the US; modernized AK-55), AMD-65M (modernized AKM-63, shorter barrel and side-folding stock), AMP-69 (rifle grenade launcher)

AK-63F/D (other name AMM/AMMSz), AK-63MF (modernized)

NGM-81 (5.56×45mm NATO; fixed and under-folding stock)

India INSAS (fixed and side-folding stock), KALANTAK (carbine), INSAS light machine gun (fixed and side-folding stock), a local unlicensed version with carbon fibre furniture designated as AK-7 [82]
Trichy Assault Rifle 7.62 mm, manufactured by Ordnance Factory Tiruchirappalli of Ordnance Factories Board[83]

Iran KLS/KLF (AK-47/AKS), KLT (AKMS)
Iraq Tabuk Sniper Rifle, Tabuk Assault Rifle (with fixed or underfolding stock, outright clones of Yugoslavian M70 rifles series), Tabuk Short Assault Rifle (carbine)
Israel IMI Galil: AR (assault/battle rifle), ARM (assault rifle/light machine gun), SAR (carbine), MAR (compact carbine), Sniper (sniper rifle), SR-99 (sniper rifle)
Galil ACE

Italy Bernardelli VB-STD/VB-SR (Galil AR/SAR)[84]
Nigeria Produced by the Defence Industries Corporation of Nigeria as OBJ-006[85][86]
North Korea Type 58A/B (Type 3 AK-47/w. stamped steel folding stock), Type 68A/B (AKM/AKMS), Type 88 (AKS-74)[87][88]
Pakistan Reverse engineered by hand and machine in Pakistan's highland areas (see Khyber Pass Copy) near the border of Afghanistan; more recently the Pakistan Ordnance Factories started the manufacture of an AK-47/AKM clone called PK-10[89]
Poland[90] pmK (kbk AK) / pmKS (kbk AKS) (name has changed from pmK – "pistolet maszynowy Kałasznikowa", Kalashnikov SMG to the kbk AK – "karabinek AK", Kalashnikov Carbine in mid-1960s) (AK-47/AKS)
kbkg wz. 1960 (rifle grenade launcher), kbkg wz. 1960/72 (modernized)

kbk AKM / kbk AKMS (AKM/AKMS)

kbk wz. 1988 Tantal (5.45×39mm), skbk wz. 1989 Onyks (compact carbine)

kbs wz. 1996 Beryl (5.56×45mm), kbk wz. 1996 Mini-Beryl (compact carbine)

Romania PM md. 63/65 (AKM/AKMS), PM md. 80, PM md. 90, collectively exported under the umbrella name AIM or AIMS
PA md. 86 (AK-74), exported as the AIMS-74

PM md. 90 short barrel, PA md. 86 short barrel, exported as the AIMR

PSL (designated marksman rifle; other names PSL-54C, Romak III, FPK and SSG-97)

South Africa R4 assault rifle, Truvelo Raptor, Vektor CR-21 (bullpup)
Sudan MAZ[91] (based on the Type 56)
Ukraine Vepr (bullpup, 5.45×39mm), Malyuk (bullpup)[92]
United States Century Arms Model 39 (7.62x39mm), InterOrdnance AKM247, M214
Vietnam AKM-1 (AKM), TUL-1 (RPK), Galil Ace 31/32
Venezuela License granted, factory under construction[93]
Yugoslavia/Serbia M-64, M-70, M-72, M-76, M-77, M-80, M-82, M-85, M-90, M-91, M-92, M-99, M-21
Certainly more have been produced elsewhere; but the above list represents known producers and is limited to only military variants. An updated AK-47 design – the AK-103 – is still produced in Russia.

Augustus

We know that there are many types of AK

Yours is simply a copy of a first generation AK47 - the origional design dating back to 1948

The R4 is a derivative of the AK, but is an improves design. It is not a COPY
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:04am On Mar 18, 2015
agaugust:

Maxim of fools.

Citation needed

Gulf War 1 - inexperienced american army steam-rolls the iraqi army who had 10 years of conventional combat experience (which ended just before the oraq war)
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 2:07am On Mar 18, 2015
patches689:

ok what you are now saying is that only south africa have a military academy in africa?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 2:10am On Mar 18, 2015
patches689:

keep rubbing your balls you will soon get there.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:10am On Mar 18, 2015
overhypedsteve:
ok what you are now saying is that only south africa have a military academy in africa?

Its not a defence academy, get that into your skull
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 2:11am On Mar 18, 2015
patches689:

Its not a defence academy, get that into your skull
owk so its a training facility? and no other nation in africa has that?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:13am On Mar 18, 2015
overhypedsteve:
owk so its a training facility? and no other nation in africa has that?

The source provided was pretty clear
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by overhypedsteve(m): 2:15am On Mar 18, 2015
patches689:

The source provided was pretty clear
so why did you still try to explain and then ended up redirecting me to the source again.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 2:17am On Mar 18, 2015
overhypedsteve:
so why did you still try to explain and then ended up redirecting me to the source again.

Because you are clearly wasting my time.

we have training facilities you could only dream of
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:18am On Mar 18, 2015
patches689:

Gulf War 1 - inexperienced american army steam-rolls the iraqi army who had 10 years of conventional combat experience (which ended just before the oraq war)

I told you repeatedly you dumbo, US Army had a million soldier big war in Vietnam till the mid 1970s, British army had a big war with Argentina in the early 1980s, that was the experience they carried into Gulf war against Iraq in 1990. The allies also had far more advanced weapons than Iraq, like AWACS, cruise missiles, depleted uranium shells, ECM, ECCM, Composite armour tanks, etc, just far too much for Iraq to handle alone, and the almost the whole world was in that same battle, Iraq was fighting against almost the whole world not just America. It was two super powers of the world and dozens of other powerful nations all combined against a 3rd world country. South Africa is not a world super power, and the whole world's armies and air forces are not under your command to fight for you.

Use your half burnt brain well when you compare things

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 2:22am On Mar 18, 2015
patches689:

Because you are clearly wasting my time.

we have training facilities you could only dream of

Okay that's where you groom your online army of internet based virtual photo-club soldiers

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 3:20am On Mar 18, 2015
agaugust:

I told you repeatedly you dumbo, US Army had a million soldier big war in Vietnam till the mid 1970s, British army had a big war with Argentina in the early 1980s, that was the experience they carried into Gulf war against Iraq in 1990. The allies also had far more advanced weapons than Iraq, like AWACS, cruise missiles, depleted uranium shells, ECM, ECCM, Composite armor tanks, etc, just far too much for Iraq to handle alone, and the almost the whole world was in that same battle, Iraq was fighting against almost the whole world not just America. It was two super powers of the world and dozens of other powerful nations all combined against a 3rd world country. South Africa is not a world super power, and the whole world's armies and air forces are not under your command to fight for you.

No, the war in veitnam ended for american soldiers in 1973 and peaked at half a million men (telling lies again?)

The gulf war was 16 years later

The average american infantrman had no war experience

With regards to the other things, their superiority over iraq is the same as ours over you. I also like how you accept that superior equipment and technology is more important than experience

I like to see that you are now admitting experience can be "carries over"
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by patches689: 4:25am On Mar 18, 2015
agaugust:

Okay that's where you groom your online army of internet based virtual photo-club soldiers

Those same internet based virtual reality soldiers are now training your combat veteran soldiers and capturing towns for you

See: Training > experience
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:35am On Mar 18, 2015
overhypedsteve:
ok so we only have 10 military institutions with the name battle school? hmm! thats cool, i like this game of big names.

Yep!! only ten of such facilities are found in the whole world, so, Boko Haram couldn't have such facility even the Nigerian military.

http://www.actc.army.mil.za/
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 7:39am On Mar 18, 2015
agaugust:

Your country does not have a training facility of such calibre to simulate a real war with live ammunition. So, that is just beyond your comprehension and only the US military and others will understand what are we talking about.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by DieVluit: 8:04am On Mar 18, 2015
patches689:

Those same internet based virtual reality soldiers are now training your combat veteran soldiers and capturing towns for you

Studying during the exam never produced any A students.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2015
patches689:

No they are not. No SANDF Hollywood army there. This is real life.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by rka1: 8:10am On Mar 18, 2015
agaugust:

I told you repeatedly you dumbo, US Army had a million soldier big war in Vietnam till the mid 1970s, British army had a big war with Argentina in the early 1980s, that was the experience they carried into Gulf war against Iraq in 1990. The allies also had far more advanced weapons than Iraq, like AWACS, cruise missiles, depleted uranium shells, ECM, ECCM, Composite armour tanks, etc, just far too much for Iraq to handle alone, and the almost the whole world was in that same battle, Iraq was fighting against almost the whole world not just America. It was two super powers of the world and dozens of other powerful nations all combined against a 3rd world country. South Africa is not a world super power, and the whole world's armies and air forces are not under your command to fight for you.

They can't even look after SANDF trucks. Super power my behind. grin

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ukemeramat(m): 8:15am On Mar 18, 2015
asuoka:

Are u sure ur a nigerian...then I most say ur mumu has no grade cause no one can be more brain dead than u...u come out to talk against ur own nation...ak47 is a bad weapon...if they born ur generation well stand in the way of a firing ak47 and see if vultures will not come and fist on ur rotten corpses

How der u call me a mumu...wen am defending my country...if d SA folks have bribed with money to choke ur neck den keep it and don't come here and be dragging our nationality in the mud because of money...

Bloody civilian says ak47 rubbish...that ak47 have been fighting war for years...how many countries carry those weapons u mention...the ak47 is still the trademark rifle for many nations...

Otondo blinded by foolishness

I spit on your vulture eaten corpse for defiling Nigeria
please channel your frustration to the govt not me...thanks
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ukemeramat(m): 8:19am On Mar 18, 2015
NaijaPikinGidi:

Abeg find one corner siddon! Your level of ignorance no get substitute.

cool cool cool
take your frustration to the govt...if you really believed in those riffles, why did our same govt smuggled millions of dollars illegally to south africa to procure their arms....

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ukemeramat(m): 8:35am On Mar 18, 2015
charlos14:

Wait did you say ak74 with complete accessories?
Oh God, why do I have to deal with fools like this
i don't deal with internet touts too. i have been in battle front too with that stuff so i know what am talking about. when i SAY accessories,have u ever heard of maintenance kit, TDI style rail covers,Handguard and top rail RIS,heavy night-vision devices etc ?..... apply let me coach u on weaponry... u have a very bad habit on social media..
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 18, 2015
ukemeramat:

take your frustration to the govt...if you really believed in those riffles, why did our same govt smuggled millions of dollars illegally to south africa to procure their arms....

Finally some1 with a balanced view.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Msauza(m): 8:44am On Mar 18, 2015
rka1:

They can't even look after SANDF trucks. Super power my behind. grin

Nigerian military is even worse
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 9:10am On Mar 18, 2015
ukemeramat:

i don't deal with internet touts too. i have been in battle front too with that stuff so i know what am talking about. when i SAY accessories,have u ever heard of maintenance kit, TDI style rail covers,Handguard and top rail RIS,heavy night-vision devices etc ?..... apply let me coach u on weaponry... u have a very bad habit on social media..

mr google soldier. don't juat run to google to give us stories.

show us the chadian soldiera with AK74 with the full assesories. we are waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 9:12am On Mar 18, 2015
DictatorZAR:

Finally some1 with a balanced view.
only balance on your imbalanced head.

what's samil trucks got to do with rifles? the guy sounds like a typical pained opposition. we know them

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by NaijaPikinGidi: 9:24am On Mar 18, 2015
ukemeramat:

Clearly you were frustrated by Government out of the Niger Delta creeks. Now you come here venting the same frustration. This is Page 1935 ... you need to go through from Page 1 to educate yourself and become free from your chronic ignorance.

Just one bullet to your knee-cap and your brain go rearrange!!

Commot for road jare!

cool cool cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 9:44am On Mar 18, 2015
ukemeramat:

people are feeding us with lies and dreams on this thread,all in the name of patriotism...captain I salute you for your courage
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by saengine: 10:07am On Mar 18, 2015
http://www.engineeringnews.co.za/article/key-denel-dynamics-products-entering-production-for-clients-here-and-abroad-2015-03-13

Three key Denel Dynamics products poised to enter production phase

No fewer than three of the development projects being carried out by local missile, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and satellite company Denel Dynamics (part of the State-owned Denel group) are coming to an end and being transformed into industrialisation and production programmes for local and foreign customers. They are the A-Darter missile, the Seeker 400 UAV and the Umbani precision guided bomb kit. “We are really proud of our achievements in these programmes,” highlights company CEO Tsepo Monaheng. “Now we are in a position to release critical engineers and other resources to work on new development programmes.”

[b]The A-Darter is an infrared homing air-to-air missile, conceived by Denel Dynamics but jointly developed with Brazil. Development of the missile has now reached completion, and it is expected that the first contract for industrialisation and production of the weapon will be signed later this month or next month. There will be two such contracts, one for each of the two partner countries. The second such contract will be signed later this year. There will be production lines in both countries. “We will start to establish the production line here in April,” he states. “We’ll also be assisting our Brazilian partners to establish a production line there.” Recently, at his farewell function, the outgoing Brazilian Air Force attaché to South Africa highly praised the A-Darter’s performance and Denel Dynamics’s cooperation with his country.

Already, another country is seriously interested in acquiring the A-Darter. If a contract is signed, the missiles would be assembled on the South African production line. “The potential for more customers is now considerable, because we now have a product, not just a programme,” points out Denel Dynamics deputy CEO Denise Wilson. “We’ll be ramping up to produce five A-Darters a month, on the South African production line. We’ll source most components from local industry and so create local jobs.”[/b]

The third and final development guided test series was recently completed. This proved the performance of the missile. “It has exceeded expectations!” she reports. “Now we’re finishing the qualification of the missile. The final qualification flight tests are planned for later this year. “The missile will fly whatever mission is specified by the client. We now have the latest state-of-the-art processors on the missile.”

The Seeker 400 is actually more advanced than the A-Darter, because it is already in production for its launch customer, an overseas client. “The Seeker 400 has just been through a range of performance evaluation tests, including range and altitude and it performed very well against specifications,” notes Wilson.

“We have one customer for the Seeker 400 now, but we’re talking to four other potential customers,” points out Monaheng. “One of these witnessed the recent successful demonstration of the Seeker 400.” In addition to the Seeker 400, a large tactical UAV (with the potential to be armed), the company also offers the Seeker 200 tactical UAV and the Hungwe small UAV. Once, the South African Air Force was a leader in UAV operations, but it has not operated any UAVs for many years now. “We’re hoping that UAVs are going to be re-introduced into the air force later this year,” he says.

As these projects become production programmes, new development projects are taking their place. A major new project is the Marlin. This will be a beyond-visual-range radar homing missile, with more than one role. “The Marlin is in the technology demonstration phase. It is being funded by the Department of Defence. “We have the funding for the technology demonstration,” says Wilson. “It is intended for air-to-air, ground-to-air and naval surface-to-air roles. Its rocket motor has already been tested. “Certain preliminary tests of the airframe will take place during this year.” Although intended to fulfill the requirements of the South African National Defence Force, it has already attracted overseas interest.

“It’s a really interesting technology programme,” she cites. “It’s giving the opportunity for young engineers to grow with the programme. “It’s delivering a new generation of engineers. “Ideally, you want people to be with this programme for the next 15 to 20 years,” adds Monaheng.

This article is dedicated to HENRY120 smiley smiley. Remember what I told you just a few days ago, I wonder what your excuse will be when these products start going onto the production line to feed the SANDF.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MduZA: 10:18am On Mar 18, 2015
ukemeramat:

its 350mm. bros i have shot that stuff, its so out dated. nigerian army has experience but they are terribly equipped. its only few who even use the AK74. the standard is AK47 wish is so outdated. chadians where able to gain grounds against boko haram in our territory because of their fire power. those guys use standardised AK74 with complete accessories. army spec ops still use that out dated AKM's and AK47's which is very very bad. I still give thumbs up to the NAF and NN anyday,they stand out. south african army dwarfs Nigerian army anyday.they have superior fire power. Boko Haram dont fight conventional warfare, the use anti-aircraft and anti-tant guns on human beings so you dont send your army after such fools with old rickety AKM's and AK47's... AK74 would have being far more preferable.!!

my brother some fools are trying to drag you down...fact of the matter is you know your story

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1933) (1934) (1935) (1936) (1937) (1938) (1939) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.