Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,540 members, 7,895,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 03:29 AM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2001) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4487984 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1998) (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Pity, you have only one unit and too heavy to transport by Helicopter.

Nigeria has many many many.....they do the same job, but we have more numbers and super mobility to fly anywhere, even across rivers.

Special forces can easily use them by helicopter deployment.

SANDF is an immobile army
The Ratel has a much much greater range than your Land cruisers.
Its also much much more versatile in difficult terrain than your Land cruisers.
Much much much much much better protected against mines and other weapon systems.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
EVarn:
even a thumb sucking toddler knows a fishing boat when it sees one.Any ragtag reporter knows the difference between a military vessel,a target drone and a fishing boat.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:
You can't seem to provide an answer why would they target a boat without a reason.

Because your are incompetent and inept.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Fynline(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b2VN5R0-KU#t=18

Whats the maximum capacity of Naira land threads?

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
jln115:

The Ratel has a much much greater range than your Land cruisers
Its also much much more versatile in difficult terrain than your Land cruisers.
Much much much much much better protected against mines and other weapon systems.
Was this a trick post to snag the first position on the 2000th page?.lol.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:48pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

AR-1 missile can be used by land based Nigerian infantry, range is 10 km.

30 units is enough to make SANDF cry.

SANDF has no CRAM ammunition yet, SIPRI did NOT say so. You have nothing like that.

F-7 BVR AAM has killed Gripen from 35 km away, Hawk jets don't even dare to fly, they are captured on ground by Nigerian army.

Rooivalk is a nice breakfast meal for Roland SAM with 8 km range, Alpha jets are too much for Rooivalk.

SANDF is dëad
Nigeria doesn't have communications systems or capability to guide a surface to surface missile beyond line of sight.

The Denel dual purpose 35mm CIWS uses AHEAD ammunition.

Nigeria can't deploy air frames in a contested air space STOP DREAMING!

Tactical assets on the ground receive special attention SAM, Command posts, Communication systems etc will be engaged at stand off distances = 14km Paveway laser guided bombs.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

Creepy stalker undecided undecided undecided

Why have you been stalking this thread?
Stalking?As i said the day i registered, ive followed the thread for quite a wile before i actually decided to register.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2015
Fynline:

wow!..hehehehe..cant wait to actually view this video.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2015
EVarn:
Surely 3 military vessels can identify the difference between a target drone and a fishing boat.
clearly,it was the dubious handiwork of the SAN.Afterall,the german warships have the capability to spot and identify any seacraft or aircraft in a 10km radius,also they wouldnt have fired without properly confirming what exactly it was that they were shooting at.
. The boat was in a restricted area.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
EVarn:
Was this a trick post to snag the first position on the 2000th page?.lol.
aaahhhh... im really sorry mate!
Definitely didnt mean to!but it does feel pretty cool though if i must be honest. cool

I promise ill leave the 3000th page for you!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:
. The boat was in a restricted area.

so you fired at it,right?.SA should dismantle its navy,clearly the SAN is infested with incompetent dunderheads and nullskulls.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
saengine:

Which land based vehicle can fire AR-1 missile? You and your fake engineering...just making sh*t up. Show us which vehicle fires AR-1?

Manufacturer says so :

" However, the developer of the AR-1, the China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation (CASTC) has claimed that the AR-1 missile can also be carried by platforms other than a UCAV."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HJ-10

Go kiss your canvas shoes in the mud cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:54pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Pity, you have only one unit and too heavy to transport by Helicopter.

Nigeria has many many many.....they do the same job, but we have more numbers and super mobility to fly anywhere, even across rivers.

Special forces can easily use them by helicopter deployment.

SANDF is an immobile army
Super mobility?

Yet you can't even field a standardised mechanised battalion?

Your military which lacks trucks.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 10:57pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

Even in this Thread, the South-Africans are confused and show their incompetence. See these two......... yet they want us to believe the Germans tried to kill Anthony day.

I guess they believe South Africans are smarter than Germans, i guess they even think South Africa manufactured the Valour frigates !

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 10:58pm On Apr 03, 2015
jln115:

aaahhhh... im really sorry mate!
Definitely didnt mean to!but it does feel pretty cool though if i must be honest. cool
I promise ill leave the 3000th page for you!!
eh....3000th page?,gharrrr....thats ages away man!.lol.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 10:59pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Prove our Swingfire expired. Egypt still uses their own.

Nigerian ordnance is well preserved, we removed long range rockets from our old MiG-21 storage and used them to knock out Boko Haram.

Rockets we bought for NAF MiG-21 jets almost 40 years ago with 150 Atoll air to air missiles, same used today effectively.

Well maintained missiles last 45 years in many cases.

All Nigerian missiles are well preserved to last 45 years

Roland SAM
Swingfire ATGM
Atoll AAM
Otomat AShM
Aspide BRVSAM
PL-9 BVRAAM
AR-1 ASM-ATGM

All the above missiles still operational in Nigerian military.

"The threat to fixed- and rotary-wing operations by Boko Haram is not insignificant, Zannah told AIN. The NAF’s Hinds and Alpha Jets had both been hit by gunfire of up to 30mm caliber, forcing them to fly higher, and requiring the NAF to fit longer-range rockets taken from its MiG-21s onto the Hind helicopters . The NAF has a fleet of 24 to 30 Mil Mi-24V/35P helicopters, and has lost two of them during operations, although not to enemy fire. The NAF also operates Mi-17, and is acquiring some new Mil-17-1 versions. “The Mil series is still the helicopter of choice for us,” Zannah noted."

https://www.ainonline.com/aviation-news/defense/2015-02-02/nigerian-airpower-hindered-boko-haram-fight
The same army which can't even store and transport 155m shells, you wanna convince us can store missiles?

Missiles are not simple rockets they require maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
EVarn:
eh....3000th page?,gharrrr....thats ages away man!.lol.
Thus it will be even more sweater!!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
[size=20pt]

Page 2,000 for this topic.....

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa ?

1. Egypt

2. Nigeria.

This page is dedicated to my hero :

Field Marshall Goodluck Jonathan.....

The Lion Of Africa....Destroyer of Boko Haram !

God bless you President Jonathan our Commander-In-Chief !

Amen !

.[/size]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
EVarn:
they targeted the boat because they though it was their practice target,even with the advance surveillance technology that the vessel possesses,your incompetent navy managed to fail in a basic task.
If they thought it was the remotely controlled boat.

Those boats like some drones e.g Denel Skua are not sunk or shot down during exercises they will shot around it or let the missile fly close it.

How does a frigate acquire targets for 76mm main gun?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
jln115:
SAAB Chaka landward C2(command and control)

www.saabgroup.com/en/Land/C4I_Systems/Tactical_C2_Systems/chaka-landward-command-and-control/
The software can do a lot of things.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

I guess they believe South Africans are smarter than Germans, i guess they even think South Africa manufactured the Valour frigates !
We are definitely smarter than you guys!!
I mean you think air is more dens at higher altitude and @Henry120 thinks GDPppp means GDP per capita.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:
The software can do a lot of things.
Jap, a very very neat piece of kit!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
jln115:

Thus it will be even more sweater!!!
hehehehe....wait a minute,why do i suddenly feel like crying?.lol.
well,it i still got 2nd position,there isnt much difference between 1st and 2nd.
2500th and 3000th pages,here i come.; D ; D
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:

Ask minister for civil aviation, or open a civilian thread for who has the best airport in Africa
Now you realise one of the reasons your military can't deploy fighter jets in a contested air space.

1. You need a fully functioning airport with radars to deploy your fighters.

2: ?

Enjoying your class Augubugubu?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2015
agaugust:
[size=20pt]

Page 2,000 for this topic.....

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa ?

1. Egypt

2. Nigeria.

This page is dedicated to my hero, Field Marshall Goodluck Jonathan

The Lion Of Africa....Destroyer of Boko Haram !

God bless you President Jonathan our commander in chief !

Amen !

.[/size]
Take it easy mate!!!Think you've been drinking to much this Friday afternoon, guessing its been a difficult week?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
Henry120:

Because your are incompetent and inept.
you can't provide a reason too.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Centrifude(m): 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
This is the longest running Thread I've ever seen in my entire life.. This is just crazy.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
EVarn:
hehehehe....wait a minute,why do i suddenly feel like crying?.lol.
well,it i still got 2nd position,there isnt much difference between 1st and 2nd.
2500th and 3000th pages,here i come.; D ; D
Cool!! will leave those pages for you hahah!!
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:12pm On Apr 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Now you realise one of the reasons your military can't deploy fighter jets in a contested air space.

You need a fully functioning airport with radars to deploy your fighters.

Citation needed
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by EVarn(m): 11:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
MikeCZAR:
If they thought it was the remotely controlled boat.
Those boats like some drones e.g Denel Skua are not sunk or shot down during exercises they will shot around it or let the missile fly close it.
How does a frigate acquire targets for 76mm main gun?
Are you asking me?
There is a clear difference between a target drone and a fishing boat,surely even you know that.why should your vessel fire at a fishing boat,when it should have detected what it was through the vessel's surveillance assets?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2015
Fynline:

The Nigerian army PR people should edit this videos some of the things are just embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 11:14pm On Apr 03, 2015

This is the last comment on the historic landmark page 2,000 for this topic : Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa ?

I see Nigeria has the last word and last laugh on this page 2,000. So read this and take it as final answer to the big question :

[size=20pt]World Analysts Declare :

Nigeria Will Be Africa's World Super Power !

International Institute For Strategic Studies, IISS Confirmed !

[/size]

"If Nigeria plays its cards right, it could become Africa’s only global superpower. It already has the continent’s biggest economy, a huge military budget and a fair record of regional engagement. By 2040 it will also be the fourth largest country in the world after India, China and the United States.

New research by the Institute for Security Studies (ISS) shows that out of Africa’s “Big Five” powerful countries – Nigeria, South Africa, Egypt, Algeria and Ethiopia – Nigeria is “the African country with by far the greatest capabilities” to play a global role.

The choice of the Big Five is based on the demographic, economic and military size of these countries, as well as their historical role as regional leaders, says the ISS.

South Africa is the only African member of Brics (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South Africa) and the G20, but it is not expected to grow in power and influence internationally and in Africa. Dr Jakkie Cilliers, executive director of the ISS and one of the co-authors of the report, says South Africans sometimes have the misguided impression that the country is a big military power and plays a major role in peacekeeping in Africa.

Spending on defence has, however, been drastically reduced, as shown in the recent defence review. It contributes fewer peacekeepers to United Nations missions than Ethiopia, Egypt and Nigeria.

“In fact, Algeria is spending the most on its military, Ethiopia is the major peacekeeper on the continent and Egypt has the biggest diplomatic power,” says Cilliers.

South Africa’s economy is not projected to grow nearly as much as the rest of Africa.

Population growths are much higher elsewhere on the continent, particularly in Nigeria, where it is projected to grow from 170-million to 320-million by 2040.

“South Africans don’t appreciate the huge size of Nigeria’s economy,” says Cilliers. Nigeria’s gross domestic product (GDP) is projected to grow from $525-billion in 2014 to $4.2-trillion by 2040.

Added to South Africa’s woes are “legitimacy problems on the continent”.

Sense that South Africa speaks more than listens
“South Africa can be heavy-handed when it comes to diplomacy and there is a sense that South Africa speaks more than it listens in Africa,” says Cilliers.

The ISS concludes that of the Big Five, South Africa and Ethiopia are “punching above their weight”, while Nigeria and Algeria are “punching below” theirs.

Egypt is punching above its weight internationally – it has a very strong voice in the Middle East – but low in Africa.

The inclusion of Ethiopia in the Big Five is controversial because it is, according to the ISS, “an authoritarian and repressive state” and in 2014 had the 11th lowest GDP per capita in Africa. However, it is growing fast and has become “a poster child for development in Africa”. It hosts the headquarters of the African Union and is the largest African contributor to UN peace missions.

Algeria is also not living up to its potential given that it has by far the biggest military in Africa.

Nigeria, hampered largely by domestic problems of governance and insecurity, is also under-performing. Nigeria’s military spending has, for example, increased dramatically, with an additional budget of $1-billion approved last year, but this has all been earmarked for the fight against Boko Haram.

Even if this past weekend’s elections in Nigeria, dubbed the most important in its history, go off smoothly, it still doesn’t mean it has made the transition to a sophisticated and mature democracy, says Cilliers.

“Nigeria is the only power with the potential to be globally significant but it does not have a coherent foreign policy and its massive security and governance issues are detracting from this potential,” he says.

South Africa, on the other hand, has made this transition and has many attributes that make it a worthy representative of Africa on the world stage, says Cilliers.

But, if the status quo prevails, South Africa will lose its place in pole position.

Angola and Morocco are important players on the continent with huge economies, but Angola is a “purely resource-driven economy” with huge inequalities and lack of democracy, while Morocco is not a member of the AU."

SOURCE : http://mg.co.za/article/2015-04-02-nigeria-will-be-africas-first-global-superpower

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1998) (1999) (2000) (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.