Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,825 members, 7,924,647 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 06:22 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4505837 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:01pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

Your navy says NO, NO super rapid gun, South African navy is FINAL AUTHORITY on it's own weapons.

SAN officially says you have 76mm Compact old school gun on your under-powered warships grin grin

OTO Melara 3 in 76mm/62 compact ; 2 Oerlikon 20 mm GAM-BO1; 2 - 12,7 mm MGs

http://navy.mil.za/equipment/patrol.htm

One OTOBreda 76mm/62 compact . One Denel DPG 35mm (twin).

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6524

Citations have been posted.

Deal with it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:02pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

85 degrees is a slant, it is NOT straight, only 90 degrees is straight you fool grin grin

This guy does not even know basic Geometry, LOL....2nd bottom of the world South African brains grin grin

Your ships gun can only fire at a slant angle ! Simple matchs of 85 degrees geometry.....M0RON !

85 degrees is just 5 degrees of 90

Which is exactly what i said.

Please read my posts and avoid posting like a child.

Furthermore - please adress the key point of my post. You said that Alpha jets will attack from above Uhmkonto range - this hight is practically right above the ships - this allows engagement with the dual 35mm which will (according to you) shoot the bombs out of the sky

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:03pm On May 31, 2015
MikeCZAR:
what is CRAM munition? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You're scared of these trap? Stop poking with your stick!

Your foolish question got a foolish answer.

If you ask me what SUBMARINE is, you expect me to start writing definition for you? No google on your laptop? Mumu
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:04pm On May 31, 2015
Henry120:

Where is the Helicopter(s)?

Your Ahlarc, or what ever it is called is a piece of metal everyday Americans construct in their back-yards.

Drone........ you want to brag about drones LOL!!!

grin grin grin

You can never compare your infant defence industry to South Africa which has been on the game before even your ugly igbo grandfather was born
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:04pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

You are a fraud because you have changed the photo, that's why I showed you the first photo and bold name you posted is T-CRAFT.

Now you quickly made a new photo screenshot and posted Warrior class photo.

What you did before was to post T-CRAFT photo and name boldly and the data of Warrior class so tine and unreadable above it.

That was your foolishness not mine.

BTWN, what's wrong if an IPV has 3,000 miles range, anybody can built it if he has the engineering facility. How is that my business?

Fool....white boy with Zulu brain grin grin

He posted what he claims.

If you wish to say he posted the T-craft then cite where he did so.

Stop running away from serious argument with trivial accusations.

This behaviour of yours is very tiresome, every time you are defeated you de-rail the argument with mindless accusals.

We all know what you are doing, it is very transparent and extremely childish.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:04pm On May 31, 2015
MikeCZAR:
To avoid detection jets approached at low altitude.

Making the jet invisible to sea surface search radar? Odenson grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:06pm On May 31, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Late seeker activation.

A lot has changed since the Falklands war.

It can be guided in different ways.

Show us technical proof that your SAN Exocet has different ways of guidance apart from fire and forget mode.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:06pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

Making the jet invisible to sea surface search radar? Odenson grin

Question for 10 points: What is a radar-horizon?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:07pm On May 31, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Do you know where on the frigate the 35mm dual purpose system is mounted?

And yes it can rotated like any other CIWS.

It would seem you're the one doesn't know a thing.

Tell us where the 35mm gun is mounted....on top of the ship's radar mast, hanging in the air? Olodo
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:07pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

Show us technical proof that your SAN Exocet has different ways of guidance apart from fire and forget mode.

http://weaponsystems.net/weapon.php?weapon=HH10%20-%20Exocet
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:08pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

Tell us where the 35mm gun is mounted....on top of the ship's radar mast, hanging in the air? Olodo

Stop trivializing the argument

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 31, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. Helicopter is the Rooivalk - the focal point of your obsessions
2. Americans build AHRLACs in their back yards? Lol - because you say so?
3. Do you wish to compare drones?

I love how you ignored the missile's cool

1. Half-French, Super-Puma = French!

2. Because they do. http://www.getdomainvids.com/keyword/home build planes/

3. Do you wish to?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:14pm On May 31, 2015
Henry120:

3. Do you wish to?

1. List french components as well as french design engineers.
2. Is that an AHRLAC? Does it have avoinics, weapons systems and observation systems
3. Yes, but I want to compare it to YOUR drone - not the Isrealy drone you copied

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:14pm On May 31, 2015
Henry120:

3. Do you wish to?

Empty tin makes the loudest noise.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 31, 2015
Patchesagain:

Mindless drivel from our resident South Africa stalker.

Not as much as you, mikeczar, mzilakazi, saengine, and the rest of the SAn's dummy clan or the South-African nation apparently.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:16pm On May 31, 2015
Patchesagain:

Pic 1: Vertical feild of fire
Pic 2: Horizontal feild of fire
Pic 3: Formation employed by Valour Class to provide over-lapping feilds of fire and 100% cover from missile/bomb attack

Now, if you will look past these hasty and rather crude mock-ups ( a simple proof of concept I drew up in 5 min)

You will see that a formation of 3 Valour Class can provide 100% supporting fire to each other completeing a perfect anti-air umbrella

Use of data-links allows the Valour Class to co-ordinate fire-patterns. This means that if one bomb is dropped, it will be facing 3300 rounds per minute of AHEAD ammunition.

SAN/SANDF has NO AHEAD ammunition.....Germany has NEVER sold it to you.

Four Valour frigates? How will they help each other? Each ship is under torment by eight F-7 jets....multiple swarm attack.

Datalink is useless, each one of your ships is struggling for survival as NAF jets wrecks massive havoc on your helpless sailors

Thank you Patches for proving my point with your ships photos !

It shows that the 35mm gun is at the back of the Valour frigate at a middle height far below the higher heights of the ships radar masts, cones, and antennae. So if the gun turns forward, it will fire on the ship and destroy the ship's own radars, masts, antennae, and sensors above it !

Wow ! Patches has just sank the South African navy frigate even before Nigerian munitions close in !

Suicide at sea by South African navy, Valour frigate 35mm gun sinks own ship grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 31, 2015
Patchesagain:

None of those things are particularly advanced, and none fall within the gambit as an advanced combat platform.

You need to:

a. Produce a system with the same or superior capabilities as the Rooivalk
b. Domestically produce a system with the same or superior capabilities as the Rooivalk

And then I will happily discuss the Rooivalk with you.

Until then, the topic is moot.

R3tard, why don't you go back and re-read his question.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:18pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

Four Valour frigates? How will they help each other? Each ship is under torment by eight F-7 jets....multiple swarm attack.

Datalink is useless, each one of your ships is struggling for survival as NAF jets wrecks massive havoc on your helpless sailors

It shows that the 35mm gun is at the back of the Valour frigate at a middle height far below the higher heights of the ships radar masts, cones, and antennae. So if the gun turns forward, it will fire on the ship and destroy the ship's own radars, masts, antennae, and sensors above it !

Wow ! Patches has just sank the South African navy frigate even before Nigerian munitions close in !

Suicide at sea by South African navy, Valour frigate 35mm gun sinks own ship grin grin

[size=20pt] Each ship is under attack from 8 F-7 jets? 4X8 = 32.... you have 32 F-7? BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:18pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

Who said Germany has never sold AHEAD ammo to us?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:19pm On May 31, 2015
Henry120:

R3tard, why don't you go back and re-read his question.

As usual, henry - when lacking a response- begins to proclaim that "you didnt understand the question"

We all understand it, and you did not answer it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:21pm On May 31, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. List french components as well as french design engineers.
2. Is that an AHRLAC? Does it have avoinics, weapons systems and observation systems
3. Yes, but I want to compare it to YOUR drone - not the Isrealy drone you copied

1. All Super-Puma components, and French technology.

2. Like I said, you're bragging about backyard built planes, good for you.

3. Gulma class, Amebo class, Ichuko class.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:22pm On May 31, 2015
MikeCZAR:
In fact one frigate can fire a missile and then the other warship guide it.

A Lynx helicopter can also be used to guide missiles.

Don't even entertain this whole bomb rubbi..sh.

Exocet is technically a fire and forget missile, it has no wire guidance.

Show us proof that your Exocet can be fired by one ship and guided by another, show me proof of that type of data-link configured by South African navy for your Exocets specifically.

Show technical proof that SAN Lynx has been configured to guide your Exocet.

Show me a source that says ship fired Exocet are guided by helicopters, you are actually quoting Nigerian Otomat missile capability grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:22pm On May 31, 2015
This is how antique F7 jets will meet their final journey.

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:23pm On May 31, 2015
Henry120:

1. All Super-Puma components, and French technology.

2. Like I said, you're bragging about backyard built planes, good for you.

3. Gulma class, Amebo class, Ichuko class.

1. List components and technology
2. Provide a comparison to show the "back-yard" nature of this plane
3. One Isrealy copy and two non-operational platforms
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:24pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

Show us proof that your Exocet can be fired by one ship and guided by another, show me proof of that type of data-link configured by South African navy for your Exocets specifically.

Show me a source that says ship fired Exocet are guided by helicopters, you are actually quoting Nigerian Otomat missile capability grin grin

Why dont you start by showing us that the Exocet is a fire and forget missile?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:24pm On May 31, 2015
Henry120:

This isn't the case!!

One could almost have imagined President Jacob Zuma saying to the other African countries (Nigeria especially), “We’re the only country on the continent to build our own bad-ass ships. We’re the only country on the continent that can deploy soldiers and support aircraft anywhere on the continent. So who is your daddy?”

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2011-04-04-rooivalk-the-next-generation-mark-1/#.VWL_NjPRY8o

This is a South-African newspaper, so un-professional, so obsessed with Nigeria.

[size=13pt]Nigeria is the yardstick South Africa uses to measure their performance, they need to analyze Nigeria before they can know if they pass or fail grin grin
.[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:24pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

That means you don't know EXOCET and how it works.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 31, 2015
Patchesagain:

As usual, henry - when lacking a response- begins to proclaim that "you didnt understand the question"

We all understand it, and you did not answer it.

You're going to disgrace yourself again!! grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 7:26pm On May 31, 2015
lezz:
NIGGER, FOR A FACT THE SOUTH AFRICAN PRESS HAS BEEN ON NIGERIA'S BUSINESS SINCE EVER. PREDICTING WE ARE COMING TO BLEEP YOU ECONOMICALLY SINCE 2013.

IN FACT WHEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED WE HAVE TAKEN THE TOP ECONOMIC SPOT, YOUR GOVERNNENT BLAMED YOUR MEDIA FOR FOCUSING ONLY ON THE NEGATIVE THINGS IN NIGERIA. grin grin

LOL grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 7:26pm On May 31, 2015
Henry120:

You're going to disgrace yourself again!! grin grin

Why?

Have you gone back and edited your post again?

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by mzilakazi(m): 7:26pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

[size=13pt]Nigeria is the yardstick South Africa uses to measure their performance, they need to analyze Nigeria before they can know if they pass or fail grin grin
.[/size]

Simply because we know that you call yourself a giant but you hardly have anything to offer on the table.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 31, 2015
agaugust:

[size=13pt]Nigeria is the yardstick South Africa uses to measure their performance, they need to analyze Nigeria before they can know if they pass or fail grin grin grin
.[/size]

grin grin grin silly m0rons!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2225) (2226) (2227) (2228) (2229) (2230) (2231) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.