Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,440 members, 7,961,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:08 PM

Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? - Foreign Affairs (2296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? (4531514 Views)

Iran Vs Israel: Who Has The Strongest Military ? / Evidence That Putin Is Strongest Man And Obama Is A Filthy Whimpering Dog / Which Country Has The Strongest Economy In Africa. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) ... (2991) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
FighterPilot:
Nigeria has only three F7 pilots and I don't know why we should be stretching this argument for too long.

There is NO history, source or record of F-7 jet pilots shortage in Nigeria, so citation needed for the 3 F-7 pilots fairy tale
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 4:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
stillchris:

and our airforce sent target cordinates from ATR 42 to artillery units on ground during surveillance on boki haram positions through whatsapp?

keep decieving yourself

They think the ATR-42 in-built data-link is for interior decoration
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:06pm On Jun 16, 2015
stillchris:

altgough i doubt the story as reporters will want to make a meal of the whole incidence, what else would you expect.

arresting bashir would have sparked confrontations between both countries. militarily or diplomatic

and many african governments will be against SA on this one because it will amount to discrediting the AU.

your government still doesn't understand International politics

Beside all the threats and intimidations, do you think ANC is that stupid to sell their souls to imperialists like ICC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

They think the ATR-42 in-built data-link is for interior decoration

Only there to communicate with the system partially and not together with other platforms.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

There is NO history, source or record of F-7 jet pilots shortage in Nigeria, so citation needed for the 3 F-7 pilots fairy tale

You boast only 3 F7 pilots chief.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 5:10pm On Jun 16, 2015
FighterPilot:
[size=20]STILLCHRIS AND COHORTS DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS A TACTICAL DATA LINK. CAN SOMEONE TEACH THESE FOOLS HERE WHAT IS A TACTICAL DATA LINK[/size]

dullard.

i can bet my last cent that you don't even know what it is. just the word "Tactical" amuses you south africans.

If a data link standard in order to provide communication via
radio waves or cable used the military to transmit, relay and receive tactical data is not TDL,

then tell me what Nigerian Navy uses to transmit data from the ATR to navan vessels.

Or from naval control stations to naval vessels.

Or from combat areas in maiduguri to DHQ in Abuja

Or from our surveillance platforms to commanders on ground.

I can go on and on on instances it has been used.

You south Africans are just shouting TDL as if it's a technology beyond any nation's reach.

The real fraud is SANDF. No evidence of operational usage of data link. Just on paper

I hope this free education has helped you dumb he-goat.

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 5:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
FighterPilot:

Beside all the threats and intimidations, do you think ANC is that stupid to sell their souls to imperialists like ICC.

Dullard.

Your government almost did.

Bashir was just smart to know that SA government is a toothless bulldog.

So he defied your court order
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
stillchris:

altgough i doubt the story as reporters will want to make a meal of the whole incidence, what else would you expect.

arresting bashir would have sparked confrontations between both countries. militarily or diplomatic

and many african governments will be against SA on this one because it will amount to discrediting the AU.

your government still doesn't understand International politics

You dont understand what happened if you think it was our government that was trying to arrest him

It was the people of South Africa who wanted him arrested

The people (in this case an NGO of sorts) approached the courts in order to get an interdict against the government to prevent him leaving - an interdict that the courts awarded

The government was sitting on the fence - on the one hand the people his arrest - buoyed with a legally binding order to hold him and on the other the AU is fighting to have the ICC discredited.

What can you do in such a situation?

Fact remains, the people of South Africa have spoken: we will not tolerate war-criminals in our lands.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

Okay, you agree that ATR-42 radar is not Sea Spray ?

You surrender? Say yes boss, South Africa surrenders to Nigeria, then we can go forward from there...

I dont care about sea-spray

I care about your supposed citations, now post them
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

Citation needed now !

Show us more than 2 F-7 in the air
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

also no pictures of more than 3 in the air at any one time
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
FighterPilot:

@Stillchris it is only SA in Africa that has a dedicated tactical data link.

Your tactical data-link has not connected your security forces together and help them defeat local Rhino poachers.

Botswana that is helping you save your Rhinos has no tactical data-link .

So how effective is your data-link in operation, not on paper, what have you achieved with it dealing with a moving target in Kruger park ?

grin grin
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:25pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

[s]Your tactical data-link has not connected your security forces together and help them defeat local Rhino poachers.

So how effective is your data-link in operation, not on paper, what have you achieved with it dealing with a moving target in Kruger park ?[/s]

grin grin

Strawman argument detected.

SANDF is not deployed on AP duties, never has been, never will be. It only provides support when poaching is from across the border
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:26pm On Jun 16, 2015
stillchris:

dullard.

i can bet my last cent that you don't even know what it is. just the word "Tactical" amuses you south africans.

radio waves or cable used the military to transmit, relay and receive tactical data is not TDL,

then tell me what Nigerian Navy uses to transmit data from the ATR to navan vessels.

You south Africans are just shouting TDL as if it's a technology beyond any nation's reach.

The real fraud is SANDF. No evidence of operational usage of data link. Just on paper

Double punch....teeth remover grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Patchesagain: 5:28pm On Jun 16, 2015
stillchris:

dullard.

You tell us, name your data-link.

Simple "strands" of data between assets are not a organization wide data-link.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:31pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

Your tactical data-link has not connected your security forces together and help them defeat local Rhino poachers.

So how effective is your data-link in operation, not on paper, what have you achieved with it dealing with a moving target in Kruger park ?

grin grin

Military tactical data link is for exclusive military use. It is not used by anti-Rhino square nor the police. Thank you.

Your ATR42 is for exclusive military use assigned to defeat BH, but it is still yet to defeat BH
What a million dollar waste.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2015
Patchesagain:

also no pictures of more than 3 in the air at any one time

Since when did the number of flying jets together become the means of knowing which air force has shortage of pilots?

Show us photo of 11 Algerian Su-30 Flanker jets in the air at the same time to prove they don't have shortage of pilots

1 Like

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
stillchris:

dullard.

You use nothing because you don't have a tactical data link. Your ships cannot see anything. In fact with tactical data link everyone sees what they see on control stations at the same time. That's what Nigeria does not have.

The person who appears to be ignorant is you. If you want free lessons about what a tactical data link is, just humbly ask and you will be given. Instead of bringing some air traffic controllers agencies and mistaken them as tactical data link
Any person who knew what was a tactical data link would have never stooped to that low of showing utter ignorance about the subject. Ask and I will teach you and surely you will stop embarrassing yourself again. Just admit that you don't have a tactical data link and move on, because you will search and search for it and you won't find any. You just don't have it. What is so difficult in admitting the truth or does it pain you to swallow the truth?
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:41pm On Jun 16, 2015
Patchesagain:

Strawman argument detected.

SANDF is not deployed on AP duties, never has been, never will be. It only provides support when poaching is from across the border

SANDF helicopter was downed inside Kruger park while chasing Rhino poachers, an SANDF soldier committed suicide inside Kruger park while chasing Rhino poachers, 21 Battalion SANDF has been dribbled round the clock by Rhino poachers till frustrated, yet you say your army has tactical data-link for target ops, so why has the target been dribbling a whole battalion and special forces plus air force helicopters ?

You have a data-link Link.ZA that only works around the stadiums where FIFA World Cup was played
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
Patchesagain:

I dont care about sea-spray

You do care about Sea Spray, you spent hours googling it's user list and you posted several sources here for it, yes you do care.

Post proof that ATR-42 uses Sea Spray radar or else tell us you have been telling lies so we can forgive you your crime grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
FighterPilot:

[s]The person who appears to be ignorant is you. If you want free lessons about what a tactical data link is, just humbly ask and you will be given. Instead of bringing some air traffic controllers agencies and mistaken them as tactical data link
Any person who knew what was a tactical data link would have never stooped to that low of showing utter ignorance about the subject. Ask and I will teach you and surely you will stop embarrassing yourself again. Just admit that you don't have a tactical data link and move on, because you will search and search for it and you won't find any. You just don't have it. What is so difficult in admitting the truth or does it pain you to swallow the truth?[/s]

I won't even bother responding to a dullards sense of training and comprehension
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

SANDF helicopter was downed inside Kruger park while chasing Rhino poachers, an SANDF soldier committed suicide inside Kruger park while chasing Rhino poachers, 21 Battalion SANDF has been dribbled round the clock by Rhino poachers till frustrated, yet you say your army has tactical data-link for target ops, so why has the target been dribbling a whole battalion and special forces plus air force helicopters ?

You have a data-link Link.ZA that only works around the stadiums where FIFA World Cup was played

Rhino poachers wouldn't even dare to interfere with military. They will never even think of it.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by agaugust: 5:47pm On Jun 16, 2015
FighterPilot:

Rhino poachers wouldn't even dare to interfere with military. They will never even think of it.

They, Poachers shot down SAAF Augusta helicopter that was chasing them inside Kruger park

2 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:54pm On Jun 16, 2015
stillchris:

I won't even bother responding to a dullards sense of training and comprehension

Ask and I will give you free lessons. I am a Professional man and you cannot force me to believe mediocrity.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by FighterPilot(m): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2015
agaugust:

They, Poachers shot down SAAF Augusta helicopter that was chasing them inside Kruger park

Do you even know that Rhino poachers are mostly game reserve officials. SA has plenty of private game reserves, so are you suggesting that SANDF should become a subject to private property?

http://mobi.iol.co.za/#!/article/sandf-helicopter-was-not-shot-down-1.1494259
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
Forgot the SAAF had these.....Litening III targeting pod.

[b]"The targeting pod contains a high-resolution, forward-looking infrared sensor (FLIR) that displays an infrared image of the target to the aircrew; it has a wide field of view search capability and a narrow field of view acquisition/targeting capability of battlefield-sized targets. The pod also contains a charged coupled device (CCD-TV) camera used to obtain target imagery in the visible portion of the electromagnetic spectrum. An on-gimbal inertial navigation sensor has established line-of-sight and automatic boresighting capability.The pod is equipped with a laser designator for precise delivery of laser-guided munitions, a laser rangefinder provides information for various avionics systems, for example, navigation updates, weapon deliveries and target updates.

The targeting pod includes an automatic target tracker to provide fully automatic stabilized target tracking at altitudes, airspeeds and slant ranges consistent with tactical weapon delivery maneuvers. These features simplify the functions of target detection and recognition, and permit attack of targets with precision-guided weapons on a single pass."[/b]

http://www.saairforce.co.za/the-airforce/weapons/71/litening-iii-targeting-pod#

Spotting targets and giving attack co-ords from 40 000 feet. Higher than other um...."surveilance aircraft" can dream to fly wink.

3 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by ssaengine: 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2015
To add to the Thales Digital Recon Pod

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
lionel4power:
junk...
first defeat rhino poachers first, that is ruining your economy.

Why you so obsess with Rhino poaching show us your wild or even anything that can compare to SA. Ooooops!!! I forgot you ate all of them leaving only Rats aka Ewi/Yei as the last remaining wild life.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
stillchris:

no patches. stop talking like a novice

that's a silly excuse.

you signed the contract in 98. so definitelt had 10 years to train more than 9 pilots before the aircrafts are delivered.

now it's 17 years and you are stuck with just 9

The Gripen is still being OT & E.

SAAF still has reserve fighter pilots like the guy testing flying the AHRLAC.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2015
Henry120:

When did you sign the Gripen Contract?

It sure as hell didn't take Czech republic 16 years to raise 9 Pilots for their Gripens.
You don't wonder why SAAF pilots out performed them during lion effort?

4 Likes

Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by MikeCZAR: 6:49pm On Jun 16, 2015
FighterPilot:

ATR 72 is far more advanced than grandfather ATR42. In fact seaspray with ATOS appears to be important element. If SA will have to buy ATR I will recommend it to be among the number of possible choices. It is said that it can also be armed with Exocet AS missile as well. However, both system are said to be less capable.
We will fit our own FLIR, Cameras and other components.
Re: Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa? by stillchris: 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
FighterPilot:

Ask and I will give you free lessons. I am a Professional man and you cannot force me to believe mediocrity.

i know.

you are a professional dullard.

you're a mediocre. so no need

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2293) (2294) (2295) (2296) (2297) (2298) (2299) ... (2991) (Reply)

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.