Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,324 members, 7,940,294 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers (23912 Views)

We Stole Cars At Gunpoint, Forge Customs’ Papers For Buyers – Carjacking Gang / See Photo Of The Dismissed Soldiers Arrested For Armed Robbery In Lagos / Kidnapper Of Margaret Emefiele Dies In Custody (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by sonsomegrigbo: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2017
By Ifeanyi Okolie

When the wife of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, governor, Mrs Margaret Emefiele, and four other women alongside her driver were kidnapped on September 29 2016 along the Benin-Agbor Expressway, operatives of the Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP, Abba Kyari, immediately swung into action. They were released few days later after a ransom demanded by the abductors was reportedly paid. The police however succeeded in arresting all the members of the gang where it was discovered that two serving soldiers were involved in the kidnap.

An interaction with the soldiers, who were formerly attached to the Nigeria Army Third Division, Jos, Plateau State, at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, where they are currently being detained after their dismissal from the armed forces, has revealed that the soldiers, Musa Maidababara, Edwin Gorge and their friend, Ernest Anthony didn’t take part in the kidnap, but they were contacted by some of the kidnappers to help them ferry their share of the ransom out of the bush.

The suspects told Vanguard that they were not aware that the money the kidnappers had in their possession, when they met them were proceeds of kidnap. They said they stole it, thinking it was proceed from the sale of cows
Nine members of the gang, including the soldiers and their friend, were arrested in Benin, Edo State, Asaba Delta State and Makurdi, Benue State by operatives of the IRT, while the sum of N14.7million, two newly bought Honda cars, an Audi car, one Ak-47 magazine and two cartridges were recovered from the suspects.

They all confessed to the crime at the time they were arrested but Ernest Anthony a taxi driver who resided in Benin, Edo State, disclosed that he lured his friends, who were soldiers into the operation. He confessed that he and his friends didn’t take part in the kidnap and narrated how one of the kidnappers who was his customer got him involved in the deal and how he equally brought in his friends who were serving soldiers at that time.
Suspects’ confessions

Anthony, a native of Ndukwa East Local Government Area of Delta State, who is married with three children and has a Diploma in Computer Operations from America University, Adamawa State, said his customer, Mohammed, got him into trouble.

Anthony said; “I secured a job with an NGO based in Port-Harcourt Rivers State that organized poverty alleviation programmes for oil companies within the Niger Delta, after my diploma program and I was in charge of the NGO’s Computer Department and worked with them for four years, earning N50,000 monthly.

I bought a car which I used for taxi to supplement my earnings. But in one of my trips, I met one Mohammed who said he was selling cows within Benin City. He requested for my phone number and said he would like to always engage me whenever he was in Benin City. “

“On October 1, 2016, he called me around 6:20am and asked me to come and pick him. Before then, I had been expecting one of my friends, a serving soldier of the Nigeria Army, Musa Maidabara, who was visiting me from Makurdi, Benue State. When I got to the point where Mohammed asked me to meet him, he then gave me a huge amount of money which I didn’t count, but I suspected the money was close to N2 million. I was scared because I saw another bag containing a large amount of money.

I then went back home, and told my friend Maidabara and one of his friends, Edwin George, also a serving soldier what was happening. The three of us then went to meet Mohammed and one of his friends who also had a large sum of money with him. Maidabara asked Mohammed’s gang member to hand over his own money to Mohammed and link up with him later in his house. He accepted and we drove off.

We took Mohammed and his money to Agbor where he said he wanted to buy some new clothes. While he stepped into the shop to buy the clothes, we drove off with his money. We went to my house in Ndukwa, shared the money, and we all got N6.5million each. The next day I took the sum of N2million out of the money and went to Onitsha where I bought a Honda End of Discussion for N1.5million.

Then I used N200,000 to buy some home appliances which I needed urgently. I also invited one of my girlfriends to meet me in Benin City but while I was with her the police came and arrested me. I didn’t know that the money was a proceed from the kidnap of the wife of the CBN Governor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/stole-ransom-kidnappers-cbn-govs-wife-dismissed-soldiers/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by teflonjake(m): 9:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Bar man, one orijin please.

You simply shared our money.

Kudos to your long life in jail.

9 Likes

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 04, 2017
where is lalasticlala?
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by free2ryhme: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
sonsomegrigbo:
By Ifeanyi Okolie

When the wife of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, governor, Mrs Margaret Emefiele, and four other women alongside her driver were kidnapped on September 29 2016 along the Benin-Agbor Expressway, operatives of the Special Intelligence Response Team, IRT, led by Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP, Abba Kyari, immediately swung into action. They were released few days later after a ransom demanded by the abductors was reportedly paid. The police however succeeded in arresting all the members of the gang where it was discovered that two serving soldiers were involved in the kidnap.

An interaction with the soldiers, who were formerly attached to the Nigeria Army Third Division, Jos, Plateau State, at the Force Headquarters, Abuja, where they are currently being detained after their dismissal from the armed forces, has revealed that the soldiers, Musa Maidababara, Edwin Gorge and their friend, Ernest Anthony didn’t take part in the kidnap, but they were contacted by some of the kidnappers to help them ferry their share of the ransom out of the bush.

The suspects told Vanguard that they were not aware that the money the kidnappers had in their possession, when they met them were proceeds of kidnap. They said they stole it, thinking it was proceed from the sale of cows
Nine members of the gang, including the soldiers and their friend, were arrested in Benin, Edo State, Asaba Delta State and Makurdi, Benue State by operatives of the IRT, while the sum of N14.7million, two newly bought Honda cars, an Audi car, one Ak-47 magazine and two cartridges were recovered from the suspects.

They all confessed to the crime at the time they were arrested but Ernest Anthony a taxi driver who resided in Benin, Edo State, disclosed that he lured his friends, who were soldiers into the operation. He confessed that he and his friends didn’t take part in the kidnap and narrated how one of the kidnappers who was his customer got him involved in the deal and how he equally brought in his friends who were serving soldiers at that time.
Suspects’ confessions

Anthony, a native of Ndukwa East Local Government Area of Delta State, who is married with three children and has a Diploma in Computer Operations from America University, Adamawa State, said his customer, Mohammed, got him into trouble.

Anthony said; “I secured a job with an NGO based in Port-Harcourt Rivers State that organized poverty alleviation programmes for oil companies within the Niger Delta, after my diploma program and I was in charge of the NGO’s Computer Department and worked with them for four years, earning N50,000 monthly.

I bought a car which I used for taxi to supplement my earnings. But in one of my trips, I met one Mohammed who said he was selling cows within Benin City. He requested for my phone number and said he would like to always engage me whenever he was in Benin City. “

“On October 1, 2016, he called me around 6:20am and asked me to come and pick him. Before then, I had been expecting one of my friends, a serving soldier of the Nigeria Army, Musa Maidabara, who was visiting me from Makurdi, Benue State. When I got to the point where Mohammed asked me to meet him, he then gave me a huge amount of money which I didn’t count, but I suspected the money was close to N2 million. I was scared because I saw another bag containing a large amount of money.

I then went back home, and told my friend Maidabara and one of his friends, Edwin George, also a serving soldier what was happening. The three of us then went to meet Mohammed and one of his friends who also had a large sum of money with him. Maidabara asked Mohammed’s gang member to hand over his own money to Mohammed and link up with him later in his house. He accepted and we drove off.

We took Mohammed and his money to Agbor where he said he wanted to buy some new clothes. While he stepped into the shop to buy the clothes, we drove off with his money. We went to my house in Ndukwa, shared the money, and we all got N6.5million each. The next day I took the sum of N2million out of the money and went to Onitsha where I bought a Honda End of Discussion for N1.5million.

Then I used N200,000 to buy some home appliances which I needed urgently. I also invited one of my girlfriends to meet me in Benin City but while I was with her the police came and arrested me. I didn’t know that the money was a proceed from the kidnap of the wife of the CBN Governor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/11/stole-ransom-kidnappers-cbn-govs-wife-dismissed-soldiers/

''I didn't know'' is not an excuse for criminal justification and liability. Even though you robbed the robbers, your indirect involvement makes you an 'accessory after the fact' and you're liable.

7 Likes

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by free2ryhme: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
I dont know na story grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by BruncleZuma: 3:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
That is wonderful news...
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Dannyset(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2017
If no be for these soldiers turned thieves we won't hear about the ransom ooo. Police swung into action and yet ransom was paid.....mtchewww!

Op next time use befitting topic like "Soldiers robbed kidnappers" cheesy grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by free2ryhme: 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
sonsomegrigbo:
By Ifeanyi Okolie

Suspects’ confessions

Unfortunately most kidnappings are carried out easily because of direct assistance of either real soldiers or police or people dressed in their uniform and who are then waved through check points
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Foodforthought: 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
Buhari's fault?
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by KayDEAN(m): 3:41pm On Nov 04, 2017
It is a pity. The youth of today
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by datola: 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
And the ogas in black will be quick to tell us "no ransom was paid"

This should serve as lessons to others. No matter the ransom you get and how long it takes the long arm of the law will catch up with you criminals in our society.

4 Likes

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by shortgun(m): 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
No honor amongst thieves

1 Like

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by mokset123: 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
May we never fall into temptation.
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Nostradamu(m): 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
Mm, Abba Kyari...erikina 1 of all bad guys for Naija. Make dem kunkunma transfer dis guy go army, con deploy am to gather intelligence for the areas wey dose coward-haram boys dey flex muscle na. Seems the guy sabi hin onions weh-weh.

3 Likes

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by kengeorge2013: 3:44pm On Nov 04, 2017
you try
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by beyooooni1(m): 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2017
u thief from thief...all of you be thief
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by BUHARImyDOG: 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
this guys need to borrow little sense form evans
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by habibest06(m): 3:47pm On Nov 04, 2017
i am very sorry for you all, the wife to cbn govnor is like kidnaping aisha buhari.

1 Like

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
Abba Kyari

1 Like

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Nathdoug(m): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2017
Funny story...was there a tracker inside the money?
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Zico5(m): 3:49pm On Nov 04, 2017
I respect Abba kyari
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by shevchenko(m): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
Always parading innocent people.No forensic investigation no cctv footage.Useless country
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Ushiefrank(m): 3:50pm On Nov 04, 2017
Booked
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by delishpot: 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2017
Story long
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by Osquarefryo(m): 3:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
[quote author=Dannyset post=62070045]If no be for these soldiers turned thieves we won't hear about the ransom ooo. Police swung into action and yet ransom was paid.....mtchewww!

Op next time use befitting topic like "Soldiers robbed kidnappers" cheesy grin[/quot
It is better to pay then swung into action....safety of the victim is up most priority

1 Like

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by temitemi1(m): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
soldiers involving in crime God please librate this country cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by kay29000(m): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hmm
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by ipobarecriminals: 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2017
FH
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by zlatanog: 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2017
soldier rubs cbn chairman's wife, am an surprised they re all thieves
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by zlatanog: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2017
am nt surprized cos they re all thieves
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by RittyB(f): 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
These is serious oh[[center][/center][color=#990000][/color]
Re: We Stole The Ransom From Kidnappers Of Margaret Emefiele - Dismissed Soldiers by dvkot(m): 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2017
the real criminals

(1) (2) (Reply)

Illegal Oil Bunkers Arrested In Lagos / Lady Scams Man Of N4M With Promise Of Getting Him Job With Goodluck Jonathan.PIC / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Rice Farmers In Benue State,Inflict Injuries On Them(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.