Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,068 members, 7,973,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 09:27 PM

Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi (2118 Views)

CCT: North- Central Leaders Back Saraki, Seeks Stoppage Of His Trial / GEJ With Other African Leaders Back In The Days (pic) / Private Jet: Christian Leaders Back Ayo Oritsejafor, Blast Tunde Bakare. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by newmaster(m): 8:35am On Mar 19, 2010
Church leaders back Gadaffi
18 March, 2010 06:52:00 INNOCENT OKONKWO
Font size:
Eminent church leaders in Nigeria yesterday rose in support of Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi’s call for the splitting of Nigeria as a solution to the constant crisis in the country.

They however disagreed with Gaddafi on the number of countries that would emerge from Nigeria, saying that Nigeria should be divided into six different nations.

The church leaders also condemned the Amalgamation of 1914 by the British, noting that it has not helped the country.

Gaddafi had told African student leaders in Libya that Nigeria should be divided into two nations to avoid further bloodshed between Muslims and Christians, saying that the partitioning should follow the model of Pakistan which was carved out from India in 1947.

But reacting to Gaddafi’s call yesterday, immediate past National Secretary of Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Bishop Joseph Ojo; Presiding Bishop of Church of Rulers International Lagos, Bishop Francis Adeniran and Senior Pastor of Holy Spirit Moving Ministry, Ijeshatedo, Lagos, Pastor Dave Osahon said Gaddafi was not far from the truth.

According to Ojo, the country should not split into two, but into six, saying that he was in full support the Libyan leader’s view that the country should be divided.

"I agree with him, Nigeria should be split into six different nations. Gaddafi said the country should be divided into two because of his religious sentiments but the reality is that this nation should split into six different nations.

Any church leader who is saying that the country should not split is speaking through his nose; such a person is saying that because of fear of arrest. The Amalgamation has not helped us at all. In fact it has not helped anybody ", he said.

Ojo who queried the rationale behind Federal Character in a nation, said it was only a ploy to perpetuate injustice in the country, stressing that federation has no character.

"What is federal character, federation has no character by the so called federal character, they place nonentities to oversee those who are far better than themselves", he said.

Similarly, Bishop Adeniran told Daily Champion in a telephone interview that splitting Nigeria into Six places would be the best for Nigerians.

He said each geopolitical zone should become a country of its own and be able to control its resources for a lasting peace in the country.

The cleric said splitting the country into two as Gaddafi has proposed would still encourage crisis among the people.

He lamented the level of cheating in the country, saying that the political class has short changed the people for too long.

"I am in support of splitting this nation because there is too much cheating in this country. This country should be divided into six different nations. Those who are benefiting in this country are those insisting that the nation must remain one. We should divide those who are ruling us. There is no way you can deal with evil in this nation because of its size. The unrighteous have been ruling this country", he said.

Osahon in his reaction said without division, that the problems confronting the country would continue, especially the bloodletting in Northern Nigeria.

He contended that religious killing would not stop if the country remains as it is at present.

"It is very clear that we have deceived ourselves in this country for long. Without division, there must be problems. If we don’t divide this country, the killing will not stop. So, Gaddafi is not far from the truth. Let everybody go his separate ways and there will be peace. If the country divides, there won’t be such groups like Movement for the Actualisation of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB),Odua People’s Congress (OPC), Arewa Consultative Forum or Movement for the Emancipation of Niger Delta (MEND), people will just mind their own ways.

"The Hausas will not let the southerners go because of what they are benefiting from the South every zone should go its separate way for peace to reign", he said.

http://www.champion.com.ng/index.php?news=29396
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by chosen04(f): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2010
TIME ==== will vindicate Gadaffi.

A day is coming when even the biggest supporter of 'one Nigeria' will wish Nigeria was seperated.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Dominoifet(m): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2010
The differences is so staggering only God knows how we've managed to survive so far. The Igbo man wonders how the Yorubas do things, the Yoruba man wonders why the Hausa is like he is and so on. We never belonged together. Together we fall divided we stand. Go figure
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by dustydee: 9:22am On Mar 19, 2010
You think we have problems now?wait until we break up.And by the way whio are those pastors?Does anyone recognise any of those names mentioned?Well they are entitled to their own opinion.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by snowdrops(m): 9:25am On Mar 19, 2010
The government needs to listen to these agitation and hold a proper SNG. More powers need dto be given to the six zones as a start, as exist in UK.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by edoyad(m): 9:29am On Mar 19, 2010
If you don't know Ojo and Adeniran then you obviously are not or have never been christian.
There will be no problems whatsoever, the only problem that could arise are border tensions but even that is a thousand percent better than people deceiving their selves they are one nation while killing themselves.
Very soon universal pressure groups calling for the break up will emerge, let us see how this rubbish will remain one
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by ziga: 10:06am On Mar 19, 2010
@post

Church leaders where is the church!!! Sorry, but we know the church leaders.

edoyad:

If you don't know Ojo and Adeniran then you obviously are not or have never been christian.
There will be no problems whatsoever, the only problem that could arise are border tensions but even that is a thousand percent better than people deceiving their selves they are one nation while killing themselves.
Very soon universal pressure groups calling for the break up will emerge, let us see how this rubbish will remain one

I don't know them. So, i guess i've never really been a christian.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by edoyad(m): 10:11am On Mar 19, 2010
Then that's your problem, ofcourse i naturally won't know the imams and sultans you worship with.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by gidson12(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2010
sooner the churches in the North might be preaching War, wink
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by tkb417(m): 10:26am On Mar 19, 2010
edoyad:

i hope ure not paid to be yakking opaks
i dont know the church leader in question and im a xtian

Hell is the home of that church leader who preaches anarchy

nonsense and ingredient.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by lannre(m): 10:32am On Mar 19, 2010
Why criticize Ghadafi ? why criticize the Christian leaders ? What was Mark and other people of Opinion when US predicted That Nigeria will split in 2015 or so, why are we running away from facts. What is United in a Federal Character system,what is United in a country where racism is practice with Diplomacy. My fear is not on the break up. Its just on what will happen after the racism withing continue. Its just unfortunate that we are here !
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by vowiski(m): 10:35am On Mar 19, 2010
SEUN must be crying now. . . Nairaland will also divide into 6.

1. Nairaland.
2. seunland
3. Biafiraland
4. Aweraland
5. Nigerdeltaland
6. Kosovoland
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by RichyBlacK(m): 10:39am On Mar 19, 2010
vowiski:

SEUN must be crying now. . . Nairaland will also divide into 6.

1. Nairaland.
2. seunland
3. Biafiraland
4. Aweraland
5. Nigerdeltaland
6. Kosovoland

Na that one I wan dey!

Very funny! Thanks!
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 19, 2010
gidson12:

sooner the churches in the North might be preaching War, wink
they are already armed with ak-47s and sub-machine guns
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Mbeki: 11:14am On Mar 19, 2010
Nigerians don't wish to divide, but the greedy activities of the political class who looks down the people will breakup this country. They'll be the one that will divide the country when the center no longer hold between them.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 19, 2010
Mbeki:

Nigerians don't wish to divide, but the greedy activities of the political class who looks down the people will breakup this country. They'll be the one that will divide the country when the center no longer hold between them.
what nigeria want is a federal govt that recognises and protect the interests of every tribe whether minor or major but the activities of our politicians have eroded the credibilty of our federal system.nepotism is a big problem and until we do something to address such,then we can move forward.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by vowiski(m): 11:35am On Mar 19, 2010
infraRED > bluetooth,

Nigeria will eventually divide. . . if the IGBOS do not rule in 2011, then it is finished. IT IS FINISHED!!!
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by lannre(m): 11:40am On Mar 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

what nigeria want is a federal govt that recognises and protect the interests of every tribe whether minor or major but the activities of our politicians have eroded the credibilty of our federal system.nepotism is a big problem and until we do something to address such,then we can move forward.

This is my fear if we eventually divide ,will there be a true federal system that will recognise and protect the interests of every tribe as stated above, will there be a stop to racism withing minority . Are we going to have a fair representation of each tribe (though on merit) Yoruba Ijebu,Egba Yewa, Yoruba Eko, Ekiti, Ondo,Ibadan, uhmmmmm division ! is there any solution ahead !
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by ziga: 11:41am On Mar 19, 2010
edoyad:

Then that's your problem, ofcourse i naturally won't know the imams and sultans you worship with.

You are so arrogant. I hope its not coz people can't see the person behind that screen name.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Skywalker5(m): 11:42am On Mar 19, 2010
chosen04:

TIME ==== will vindicate Gadaffi.

A day is coming when even the biggest supporter of 'one Nigeria' will wish Nigeria was seperated.

Word
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2010
vowiski:

infraRED > bluetooth,

Nigeria will eventually divide. . . if the IGBOS do not rule in 2011, then it is finished. IT IS FINISHED!!!
you know igbo cannot rule in 2011 if we are to go by the pdp arrangement.i only hope that by 2015,with the right people and good campaign strategy,i think the igbo may be allowed.but the fear of splitting the country by igbo presidency is what the present day politicians are afraid of .
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by edoyad(m): 12:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ziga what is arrogant about my reply ? Apart from Gumi who died a while and Zakzaki i don't know any other imams because i naturally don't listen to islamic sermons which are hardly ever in English anyway. The only imam i can mention by memory too is Dasuki who was removed by Abacha, what is arrogant about that ?

@tkb i will have time for you in due course.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Dominoifet(m): 12:08pm On Mar 19, 2010
@tkb417
Hell is the home of that church leader who preaches anarchy nonsense and ingredient.

Are u not already in hell or have u gotten so used to brimstones that u can't recognz or u r one of those beneficiaries of
1914 amalgamation reading it from behind which is 419+1 magamation.if I'm not making a mistake 1914 was also the year of the first world war (first Hell on earth) and Nigeria was born that year so what do u hope to get other than sizzling Hell. Or what do u xpect to get from a child of hell. Go figure
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by DOAweb(m): 12:10pm On Mar 19, 2010

Hallelujah  Hallelujah Hallelujah

I am vindicated. I have always said Nigeria as a nation has never worked and I dare say would never work. This country is on it's part to death and we should not die with it but evolve into regions we all can be proud of.

Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by dustydee: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
DOAweb:

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

I am vindicated. I have always said Nigeria as a nation has never worked and I dare say would never work. This country is on it's part to death and we should not die with it but evolve into regions we all can be proud of.

Hallelujah Hallelujah Hallelujah

I dont blame you,idiot.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Nobody: 12:30pm On Mar 19, 2010
DOAweb:

suddenly everybody start turning into pastors and revrend fathers just to split this country.na wa o
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by DOAweb(m): 1:42pm On Mar 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

suddenly everybody start turning into pastors and revrend fathers just to split this country.na wa o

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Me Pastor far from it, just having a moment. I have been arguing a case for a peaceful breakup - coexist Nigeria for a long time, so hearing my opinions from the so-called pastors and  state men was a momentarily joy.

The whole idea is let us as a dying nation debate if Nigeria is truly wot it.
?
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by tkb417(m): 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
edoyad:

@tkb i will have time for you in due course.
when you have my time, ill be here for you. ok?

Dominoifet:

Are u not already in hell or have u gotten so used to brimstones that u can't recognz or u r one of those beneficiaries of
1914 amalgamation reading it from behind which is 419+1 magamation.if I'm not making a mistake 1914 was also the year of the first world war (first Hell on earth) and Nigeria was born that year so what do u hope to get other than sizzling Hell. Or what do u xpect to get from a child of hell. Go figure
u must assume im brilliant. On the contrary, im very slow

can you break it down for me? are u saying the Pastors are in Hell already so they dont need to be scared of going to the real Hell?
nyways, the real hell is nothing compared to what they are experiencing now. whoever pray for chaos in Nigeria will enter Hell grin grin
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by Nobody: 2:09pm On Mar 19, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_africa#Languages

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghana#Languages

break these western designs - they are doomed to fail!!

every country in africa is doomed to fail, the westerners jammed incompatible tribes into incapable nation states !!
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by monkeyleg: 2:15pm On Mar 19, 2010
I think this is an issue that has been ignored for far too long. No matter how much I try to imagine a united Nigeria, the truth is that this issue must be dealt with very soon.

People who are dismissing this issue as reckless rant from Gadaffi, really do have thier heads buried in the sand.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by honeric01(m): 2:33pm On Mar 19, 2010
Whatever'll make every Nigerian proud to be called a Nigerian, if we can't live together and be proud to be a Nigerian, then why not try the other option? cease to being a Nigerian and see if the other-side is better. almost 50 years of hell, let's experience the other side.
Re: Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi by DOAweb(m): 2:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
dustydee:

I dont blame you,idiot.

embarassed embarassedYou are one of those muppets with no common sense to debate a deplorable situation with constructive criticism and a view to proffering a credible alternative, but keeps ranting like a loony. embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Delta Re-run: The Stealing Of Ballots / Farida Waziri : A Good Friend Of Ikedi Ohakim During His 419 Years. / Walkie Talkie Building Melts Car!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.