Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,296 members, 7,923,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 17 August 2024 at 01:24 AM

Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s (54446 Views)

Secondary School Students Caught In Erotic Romance In Classroom In Port Harcourt / Overhead Water Tank Falls Into Pre-Nursery Classroom In Anambra, Kills 2 / A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Habyz(m): 8:37pm On Nov 04, 2017
Clinolit:
shocked

Mehn! Naija na wah...See as students dey like cave men..Even rafia dem no wear to cover all this skin..And to think that it's just 1950...67 years ago..Gimme a break..As a nation, we can never be at the same level with the whites technologically or development wise..It's not a curse, it's just the truth...
As you tightly said we can't be at parties with them but it is only as long as guys like you exist. You don't believe we can beat them so you do nothing to beat them and the few of us who are doing good something or willing to do something are discouraged.
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Paschy88(m): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
squash47:
Nd d TV ?
your eye na for fancy?? That's a window..
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Abdul3391(m): 8:54pm On Nov 04, 2017
FarahAideed:
Definitely the classroom that produced Buhari
see person head there sef like him own

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by kolaaderin: 9:00pm On Nov 04, 2017
sarrki:
Compare with what we still have around in some places

I didn't see much difference

White slavery is a blessing for Africa, we could still be at this level if not for white intervention

I swear shame dey catch me

Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Orpe7(m): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
sarrki:

This cant be true. My Alma mata Kings college was founded in 1909. We didnt have such from the start
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by nipora519(f): 9:16pm On Nov 04, 2017
grin grin
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by hermosa7: 9:22pm On Nov 04, 2017
Pessimists
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by holuwajobar(m): 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
donblade85555:
That was the beginning..... when naija was under developed
Nigeria is still underdeveloped
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Belloola(m): 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2017
Cant just stop laughing
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by jayriginal: 10:03pm On Nov 04, 2017
NaijaMutant:
This is one of the ugly histories Africans don't want to remember.

Imagine how fast we transformed from being primitive to being westernized.

This was only 70 years ago before the advent of slay queensgrin

Quick one.

What did you mutate to?
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 04, 2017
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by seguno2: 10:36pm On Nov 04, 2017
sarrki:

They are lucky to have a school sef.
Your idol Buhari and other northern leaders prefer to make them almajiris for killing southerners when he calls on baboons and dogs to be soaked in blood for his electoral failure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by frankoben(m): 11:23pm On Nov 04, 2017
Pupils learning with bare arse?, now tell me something?
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Habyz(m): 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2017
Clinolit:

Not really bro.. I was like you once: bright, full of high hopes for the country, studied my a** out to do something great, give Nigeria a good name, until I got my hopes dashed into pieces by the same country I was trying to give a good image and contribute my little quota to make her great again..Wake up! Have you considered the education sector lately for instance? How bad that system is? Or maybe our leaders who love corruption more than
life itself? I forgot to tell you how bad our power situation is when we have more than enough resources to generate uninterruptible and sustainable power..

That's just a tip of the iceberg of the rot that has eaten so deep into our nation's fabric..Too deep to recover from

I understand that there are people like you who won't rest till Nigeria lives up to her name "the Giant of Africa" and attains a great height politically, technologically and otherwise; one so high that they could even be seen as
competing with the whites and some other very developed countries...But....

We have to be real here...Give it an unbiased thought..Don't come here and form patriot.When the real chips are down, na your type dey run!..What have you been doing if I may ask? It is just not possible..Sorry to burst your bubble but how in the world will it happen? undecided
We have a lot of bright minds in the country but many of them are trying their best and with little or no incentives and encouragement from the government and society in general, they are bound to give up and go where the grass is greener.Where support is sure.That's why we have a lot of Nigerians in diaspora..

Bro, take my advice. Don't die trying to fix this country.It is in an irreparable mess..It won't make you a patriot, it'll stifle your abilities and ultimately frustrate you.
Like you said let's not give room for unbiased thinking, the whites got where they are today not on a platter of gold look at Prof., Einstein for instance despite the odds against him he is one of the most celebrated scientists in the world. On the subject you raised about what I have been doing I'm a zoologist and aspiring entrepreneur God knows if I didn't think politics was boring subject I would have ventured there and by the way the government is not expected to be there at all times, we as individual persons need to change our attitude towards life if we are going to make any positive change. The "greener pastures" as you so wonderfullly decorated it is not always green, Nigerians and indeed Africans are looked down upon as common beggers, thieves over there and it is never going to stop unless we make it stop ourselves, no-one said anything about easy but we could at least try.
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Nobody: 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2017
Habyz:

Like you said let's not give room for unbiased thinking, the whites got where they are today not on a platter of gold look at Prof., Einstein for instance despite the odds against him he is one of the most celebrated scientists in the world. On the subject you raised about what I have been doing I'm a zoologist and aspiring entrepreneur God knows if I didn't think politics was boring subject I would have ventured there and by the way the government is not expected to be there at all times, we as individual persons need to change our attitude towards life if we are going to make any positive change. The "greener pastures" as you so wonderfullly decorated it is not always green, Nigerians and indeed Africans are looked down upon as common beggers, thieves over there and it is never going to stop unless we make it stop ourselves, no-one said anything about easy but we could at least try.

Ok then. Good luck trying..
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by ofwest47(m): 12:44am On Nov 05, 2017
this is definately not in the South West I started class 1in 1950 which is today's primary one and we had had plank desks and chairs.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by mozele(m): 1:20am On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:

He's kind of right

In the 40s we already have a university

So this can't be the south west

He's right sir

no matter which region it is, this picture is definitely within the late 19th century
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Nobody: 1:43am On Nov 05, 2017
i can bet say all this one no fit sabi anything
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by olmoRoc: 5:17am On Nov 05, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
When will you have respect for constituted authority??

did you mean imposed authority?
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Khan2013(m): 8:10am On Nov 05, 2017
this is not Nigeria
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by ikemesit4477: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
When will you have respect for constituted authority??
To who in particular?
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Small080(m): 11:44am On Nov 05, 2017
Sorry to ask oh, is it a classroom or prison :DSorry to ask oh, is it a classroom or prison
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Uchesis: 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2017
FarahAideed:
Definitely the classroom that produced Buhari
Dat was a school in Daura
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Uchesis: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
sarrki:

D boy at d back...dats Booharee, d Daura clown
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Kobicove(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2017
Are you sure this pic depicts a typical classroom in Nigeria in the 1950s?
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by indomielomo: 1:06pm On Nov 05, 2017
squash47:
Nd d TV ?
mumu shey that one na tv abi window
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by joshrare(m): 2:53pm On Nov 05, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:
Kuku tell us south west wasn't part of Nigeria then

To nod you just dey hungry me angry

soon, you go begin starve
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by squash47(m): 3:04pm On Nov 05, 2017
indomielomo:
mumu shey that one na tv abi window
Idiot
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by encryptjay(m): 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2017
ofwest47:
this is definately not in the South West I started class 1in 1950 which is today's primary one and we had had plank desks and chairs.
Hmmmm angry
Re: Throwback Photo Of A Classroom In Nigeria In The 1950s by Sleekdude4u(m): 4:24am On Nov 06, 2017
I have a 80 and 90 years old people and they said they grew up with clothes on their bodies... shocked shocked

So this is not Nigeria or it's the northern 9ja grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reps Oppose School Resumption, Propose Three-Month Postponement / Nigerian Universities That Won't Offer Law And Accounting Anymore / What School Did This Guys Graduate From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.