Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,159 members, 7,880,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 11:03 PM

5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth (664 Views)

I'm 36years ,my Fiance Is 24years,please Is It Advisable For Us To Get Married? / Reasons Why Long Distance Relationships Will Never Work / Why Long Distance Relationship Don't Work! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 05, 2017
Courtship simply means a period before marriage, where a brother and sister agree about so many issues and see if they both share the same vision, hope and aspiration about marriage. Courtship involves two people that have agreed to walk together, in the direction of marriage. To day i will like to reveal why courtship is a most for every successful relationships.
Related Post: Five Kinds Of Woman You Should Never Date Or Marry.
WHY LONG COURTSHIP NOT ADVISABLE?
Long courtship, in the interest of the two partners, is not advisable. In some church and even without religious when we look at it, long courtship of not less than two years is encouraged with the hope that with such time input, the couple will get to know each other properly. This can, however, easily expose the partners to s£xual temptations and thus break the divine constitution “touch not, fast not and handle not” Colossians 2:21. Besides, human beings can pretend and hide true identities until after the real marriage. To save the intending couple, therefore , a minimum period if six months and maximum of one year is recommended or advisable
Must Read: 10 Foundations Of Every Successful Relationship.
THE IMPORTANCE OF COURTSHIP
Courtship is very important and necessary for the intending couple to observe, if they want to enjoy their marriage. It is during courtship that proper biblical foundation must be laid down in order to have a happy married life. It is a period to get to know each other intimately apart from carnal knowledge and illicit romance.
Before you venture into wedding plans, both of you must agree on many things like what you both want for your marriage. Know each other's strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes and parents. Both of you must realise that marriage means till death do us part!
Also Read: What Is True Love? And How To Know If You Have Found It
It is a time to plan for the wedding and the marriage. One vital issues that must be addressed during this period is to obtain the consent of both parents Genesis 24:54-59 says And they did eat and drink, he and the men that were with him, and tarried all night; and they rose up in the morning, and he said, Send me away unto my master.
And her brother and her mother said, Let the damsel abide with us a few days, at the least ten; after that she shall go.
And he said unto them, Hinder me not, seeing the LORD hath prospered my way; send me away that i may go to my master.
And they said, We will call the damsel, and enquire at her mouth.
And they called Rebekah, and said unto her, Wilt thou go with this man? And she said, I will go.
And they sent away Rebekah their sister, and her nurse, and Abraham's servant, and his men. It is a period to undertake marriage counseling lessons. After proposing to a lady and she has agreed to marry you, the next thing to do is to Abbey the biblical injunction to prove all things 1 Thessalonians 5:21. Secretly indulging in bodily, emotional and s£xual pleasures at this stage with your marriage partner is a sin Romans 12:1-2. Don't engage in premarital s£x, It is a potential sign of marriage failure that destroyed many relationships.
Must Read: One Secret Behind A Successful Relationship
In conclusion, our heavenly Father is the best friend anyone can have but also the worst enemy a man can have. Remember He is the one that ordained the institution of marriage. It will be dangerous for anyone to attempt to establish a hone with Him. Courtship is not a period to play pranks. Watch and be warned
You Might Also Like To Read: Ladies And Gentleman, Can Class Driven Relationship Work?
So let the fountain be blessed and rejoice with the wife of the youth

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth by NoChill: 6:56am On Nov 05, 2017
Space booked
Re: 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth by naijaboiy: 7:00am On Nov 05, 2017
Too churchy.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth by Cutehector(m): 7:08am On Nov 05, 2017
Courtship fa, supremecourtship ni
Re: 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth by lonikit: 7:11am On Nov 05, 2017
[b]oga stop this epistle. marriage is a non essential tin as far as heaven is called concern. u can see God without marriage but u can't see him without salvation. intact the unmarried prophets were more effective than married ones. the likes of Elijah, Elisha, Paul, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel, etc.
courtship period is a personal conviction of some pastors bible never said anytin abt that. or can u tell us the courtship duration of Joseph and marry the mother of Jesus. dat of Jacob lasted for 14years etc.
and besides, never say premarital sex destroys marriage again if u cant show us a reference to that. I'm sure no where its written in the bible. I agree that premarital sex is sin but its not tantamount to destruction of marriage.
in fact in some rear cases in the bible it is allowed only on the condition that u mist marry the lady. check this out: Deuteronomy 22:28-29 KJV
If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; [29] Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. another one is
1 Corinthians 7:36-37 KJV
But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry. [37] Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.
[/b]
Re: 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth by lonikit: 7:28am On Nov 05, 2017
[b]oga stop this epistle. marriage is a non essential tin as far as heaven is called concern. u can see God without marriage but u can't see him without salvation. intact the unmarried prophets were more effective than married ones. the likes of Elijah, Elisha, Paul, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Ezekiel, etc.
courtship period is a personal conviction of some pastors bible never said anytin abt that. or can u tell us the courtship duration of Joseph and marry the mother of Jesus. dat of Jacob lasted for 14years etc.
and besides, never said premarital sex destroys marriage if u cant show us a reference to that. I'm sure no where its written in the bible. I agree that premarital sex is sin but its not tantamount to destruction of marriage.
in fact in some rear cases in the bible it is allowed only on the condition that u mist marry the lady. check this out: Deuteronomy 22:28-29 KJV
If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; [29] Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. another one is
1 Corinthians 7:36-37 KJV
But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry. [37] Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.
[/b]
Re: 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth by lonikit: 5:02pm On Nov 09, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Why Long Courtship Not Advisable For Youth by lonikit: 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2017

(1) (Reply)

11 Reasons Why Most Wonderful Women Always Get The Worst Lovers / Graphic Photos: Jealous Husband Chops Off Both Hands Of His Wife / My Last Post Of The Year 2017(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.