Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,088 members, 7,973,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 10:50 PM

Who Knows FUTA (rederal University Of Technology Akure) Merit Admission Criteria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Who Knows FUTA (rederal University Of Technology Akure) Merit Admission Criteria (957 Views)

Pictures Of Federal University Of Technology, Akure / Eniola Olaniyan Bags PhD From FUTA - Federal University of Technology, Akure / 2017/2018 UNILAG Merit Admission List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows FUTA (rederal University Of Technology Akure) Merit Admission Criteria by banki2929: 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2017
Please is there any one who can explain to me the merit admission criteria of FUTA?

My daughter scored 289 in Her JAMB and scored 68% in her post UTME her aggregate cumulative score is 70.125% but still she has not been offered admission but to my surprised another applicant with Jamb 263 and post UTME 64% has been offered admission. I don't know what the criteria are because both applicant are from FUTA catchment area.

I am just very terrified and confused as a parent, I don,t know what to do, I do not what my daugther to miss this opportunity. she has been crying profusely demanding to know what is going on can this be a gender biased move or what.

pls help me to understand. I am touched as a parent seeing her crying knowing that she also deserve the admission.
Re: Who Knows FUTA (rederal University Of Technology Akure) Merit Admission Criteria by lanrezy: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2017
which course?.....it maybe due to wrong subject combination(WSC)
Re: Who Knows FUTA (rederal University Of Technology Akure) Merit Admission Criteria by banki2929: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2017
she has the right subject combination, she also scored Jamb(289) post utme(68%),She is from Ondo state, which is one of the catchment area for FUTA, and some one with lower Jamb (263)and post UTME result(64%) from Ogun state was offer admission to the same course, that is why am still very confused, and seeking to know if there are any other criteria that is not explicitly defined.
Re: Who Knows FUTA (rederal University Of Technology Akure) Merit Admission Criteria by fidaw25: 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2017
Just be praying towards it. I scored 267 and 64%in post utme, no admission yet
Re: Who Knows FUTA (rederal University Of Technology Akure) Merit Admission Criteria by lanrezy: 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2017
banki2929:
she has the right subject combination, she also scored Jamb(289) post utme(68%),She is from Ondo state, which is one of the catchment area for FUTA, and some one with lower Jamb (263)and post UTME result(64%) from Ogun state was offer admission to the same course, that is why am still very confused, and seeking to know if there are any other criteria that is not explicitly defined.

well, it depends on the course.....for some courses like EEE, ARCH, CVE, they require aggregate >71 to be on merit list.....since u said she has d right subject combination, she should put her self together and look forward to seeing her name on subsequent lists

one more thing try and contact the university admission unit....they may give a better reason
Re: Who Knows FUTA (rederal University Of Technology Akure) Merit Admission Criteria by banki2929: 5:27am On Nov 06, 2017
thanks so much for the advise

lanrezy:

well, it depends on the course.....for some courses like EEE, ARCH, CVE, they require aggregate >71 to be on merit list.....since u said she has d right subject combination, she should put her self together and look forward to seeing her name on subsequent lists

one more thing try and contact the university admission unit....they may give a better reason

(1) (Reply)

Are Science Jambite Gambling / Check Here To See If You Have To Rewrite 2018 Jamb UTME / Study Reveals That Second Born Children Are More Likely To Be Criminals (details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.