Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,527 members, 7,905,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 02:18 AM

Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm (25843 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Leg?

Barcelona: 45% (83 votes)
Arsenal: 54% (100 votes)
Draw: 0% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

El-Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona. (2 - 1) - On 29th August 2012 / Copa Del Rey: Real Madrid Vs Barcelona (1 - 2) On Wed, 18th January 2012 / UCL Final: Man United(0) Vs Barcelona(2) On Wednesday 27th May (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by mamagee3(f): 1:23am On Apr 01, 2010
eyoniggar:

Who dash you gunner bikini and g-string?"
Eyoniggar dash me. tongue
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by 9jafreak: 1:24am On Apr 01, 2010
[size=13pt]2-2 and you have Nou Chance -hahaha, lol,  [/size]
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by eyoniggar(m): 1:36am On Apr 01, 2010
mama-gee:

Eyoniggar dash me. tongue

Come join Barca, you'll look more sexy and
attractive in The Catalayuna outfits.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by waju03(m): 1:41am On Apr 01, 2010
To all ARSENAL fans we should be rejoicing rite now.don't listen to all dis restless barca fans on NL, all they do is to criticize other teams.last week they were saying it's going to be an easy game for barca, proclaiming dat barca would win by 4goals margin.To me barca is not invisible if Gunners put their head up n bring up their team composure believe me next week won't be a surprise to me.when arsenal scored their first goal in 2days game barca looked miserable, i mean if you didn't watch dat match from the beginning but you only watched the last 10 minutes of the game you would think dat barca is whacked n dats the truth.Messi didn't do anything special 2day so all ur shouting about him, let him come back next week  ARSENAL is ready for the rematch meesi won't do SHITE.

GUNNERZ TILL I DIE
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by adebayo201: 5:27am On Apr 01, 2010
i luv the way he was being marked out. Thumps up Alex Song and Vermalen

up red devils!!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switch411(m): 6:39am On Apr 01, 2010
NICE game !! Arsenal was impressive by putting themeselve together and equalising when people thought it was over, now they can still fight another day. take it or leave it. there is hope!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by solokay(m): 7:40am On Apr 01, 2010
I hate to say this but this is the end of the road for my beloved Arsenal. They will lose in Bacelona for sure. Two away goals and a home advantage for a team like bacelona, you cant overcome that. Onlya miracle could see arsenal through at this point.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Mekzie(m): 7:52am On Apr 01, 2010
Gunners for life

grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by ayusman16(m): 8:12am On Apr 01, 2010
solokay:

I hate to say this but this is the end of the road for my beloved Arsenal. They will lose in Bacelona for sure. Two away goals and a home advantage for a team like bacelona, you cant overcome that. Onlya miracle could see arsenal through at this point.

And who are u to speak for the Gunners? First u said, they will lose in Barcelona then u said only a miracle could see us through. Aint u confused
? If u dont have anything good to say then go shut up! Underestimate the gunners at ur own peril.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by hexcraft(m): 8:15am On Apr 01, 2010
Forget, Arsenal remains a club to reckon with.
They proved their worth at last, with all the injuries.
Can Chelsea or Man. U try that?
Even if we loose at NOU Camp, NO PROBLEM, but that is impossible because we are ready.

He who is on the ground is not afraid of falling.
It is he who is at the top that is afraid of falling beyond expectations like what happened at EMIRATE. Kudos to all my Arsenal Fans.
So next week, at NOU Camp we shall see.

Meanwhile, It is not Over until it is really Over.

Proud Gunner for Life.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by azeeza(f): 8:31am On Apr 01, 2010
I like the never say die altitude of the young guns.2 bad fabulous fabregas will nt play in the return leg @ camp nou.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by v3: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2010
The best comeback of all time. . .I salute the courage of the young gunz!

Barsa, here we come cool
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by mykali(m): 8:46am On Apr 01, 2010
No comment . . . sad
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by lordimpaq(m): 9:13am On Apr 01, 2010
i must say, we were lucky to escape with a 2-2 draw.

Can't really say anything about the penalty, only that we were lucky,

one can only hope for a win at the nou camp or 3-3 draw or even 4 - 4, nothing's impossible.

To me, i think Song played very well, kudos also have to go to clichy for marking messi,

For Barca, xavi and busquets were gooood!!!! they ran us ragged in tthe midfiled, thank goodness iniesta was not around.

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothin to celebrate, only something to be optimistic about.

But it can go either way, with d 2 1st choice CBs out, it would only make the game interesting.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by ichommy(m): 9:23am On Apr 01, 2010
No comment UP GUNNERS
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by dobodobo(m): 9:34am On Apr 01, 2010
UP GUNNERS. Walcot go use dem do marathon race for new camp O. Na walcot go kill them, good coming back, wahala dey for back. We go beat them like we did to Madrid, Inter milan and Ac Milan

madrid draw for our home and we beat them away by one goal, inter won us for home 3:0 and we beat them for home 7;1 while AC Milan draw for our home and we beat them away 2;0 , it is barca turn to suffer now,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by larimo(m): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2010
lordimpaq:

i must say, we were lucky to escape with a 2-2 draw.

Can't really say anything about the penalty, only that we were lucky,

one can only hope for a win at the nou camp or 3-3 draw or even 4 - 4, nothing's impossible.

To me, i think Song played very well, kudos also have to go to clichy for marking messi,

For Barca, xavi and busquets were gooood!!!! they ran us ragged in tthe midfiled, thank goodness iniesta was not around.

As far as I'm concerned, there is nothin to celebrate, only something to be optimistic about.

But it can go either way, with d 2 1st choice CBs out, it would only make the game interesting.
spot on wink. They are not used to playing against teams that possess the ball better than they can and it caused a lot of trouble for them. It shows that they don't defend very well especially in the midfield.

However, a 3-3 draw at the Camp Nou  undecided. I don't see that happening even without Barca first choice CBs'. Arsenal MUST build a 2-wall defence and play on the counter. That was what I expected yesterday.

They must be patient in order to get that single goal. Everything is now on Nasri's head to deliver. He's the only potent person I see. Bendter can put up good games once in a while.

Despite my wishes for Arsenal (though am not a fan), my prediction is 2-0 for Barca at the Camp Nou. Sorry Gunners,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by TheSaintz: 10:07am On Apr 01, 2010
we still dey
Arsenal has revealed the other side of Barca

and for all the fake arsenal fans that had no faith in us
pls go somewhere else
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by scantee(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2010
OMG i don tire to read those bush-it comments from Arsenal fans, no call for alarm yet till is over.
[b]Barca [/b]remains the Almighty.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by TheSaintz: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2010
VERY SOON U ALL WILL CHANGE UR WORDS
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by lordimpaq(m): 10:27am On Apr 01, 2010
TheSaintz:

and for all the fake arsenal fans that had no faith in us
pls go somewhere else

i suppose that you are the real arsenal fan,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 01, 2010
[size=25pt]Arsenal fans, Hoping where there is no hope, yeye[/size]  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 01, 2010
What a game.

no comment still second leg

i be MAN U FANS no think anything,
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 10:39am On Apr 01, 2010
it is a game of goliath playing david almighty barcelona the goliath.how on earth do arsenal think they can win in nou camp?players that cannot withstand pressure neither stand on their own.it is a sorry case arsenal are out already they should prepare for next yr qualification.what man u and chelsea could not do in nou camp arsenal thinks they can do it well it will be a grave mistake should they are thinking of winning because ibracadadra,messi and iniesta are gonna rip sol campbell,varmeleen,sagna and gael clishy off.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by makawhy1(m): 10:41am On Apr 01, 2010
Those Arsenal guys really tried yesterday.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by pgm(m): 10:49am On Apr 01, 2010
in the past i used to dismiss as "one of those things" insinuations that arsenal fans are generally full of shit when it comes to football analysis. The foregoing posts just made me rethink. I've seen the light. their subjective views are sickening, to say the least! You would think, going by their rantings, that they just whooped Barca 5-0 at the nou camp! Imagine peeps coming here to celebrate a 2-2 draw, in the emirates no less, like it was a 0-4 scoreline at the camp nou. Classless, to say the least.

I agree entirely with the dude who said there's cause for optimism but not really for celebration. That's more objective. Definitely not the vulgar and shameless revelry going on here. Arsenal were outclassed for 70 full minutes! that's not exactly something to be proud of. I still give it to arsenal- a good comeback, but one which derives not entirely from their determination but also because barcelona became complacent in the final 20mins, aside from the controversial penalty/red card call.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 10:50am On Apr 01, 2010
it is not a question of they tried i thought they were bragging of their beautiful football when they could not cope with barcelona incessant attack and holding of the ball they had to change tactics
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by honeric01(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2010
Come Tuesday, we shall see!!!
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 10:59am On Apr 01, 2010
shall see our the biggest humiliation will be meted to arsenal in nou camp it had better they dont come and ask uefa to declare barcelona winner
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by yomifowe(m): 11:00am On Apr 01, 2010
@ Switchmax

You were comparing Arsenal and Barca with David and Goliath. Do you remember what David did to Goliath? Thats exactly what Arsenal woll do to Barca @Nou camp.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by Meldrick(m): 11:02am On Apr 01, 2010
Iam not an Arsenal fan but I was impressed with the confidence and determination which they displayed while playing that match but however Barca are at an advantage because of the two goals they scored. Arsenal will have to work harder to ensure they scale through.
Re: Arsenal vs Barcelona [2 - 2]on Wed, 31st; 7.45pm by switchmax8: 11:07am On Apr 01, 2010
they will have to try harder like a man digging borehole in a land filled with gravel and thorn because it is not easy playing in such massive stadium with magnitude of fans.

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Europa League Quarter-final, Semi-final And Final Draws / Jurgen Klopp Agrees Three-year Deal To Replace Brendan Rodgers / Arsenal Vs Norwich City: Carabao Cup (2 - 1) On 24th October 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.