Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,405 members, 7,881,476 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:45 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1341651 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2019
Rubyventures:

No you cant, your foundation has to be registered in the UK in order for you to claim it as an expense.

Thanks. My accountant said the same thing. Cheers.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2019
Ashford
Lexusgs430:

Which part of Kent?....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2019
How hot does it get during summer? And why is that most houses don’t have AC? Is it because it is not necessary? Or how do you cope when it gets hot?

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:07pm On Nov 11, 2019
assumpta1:
How hot does it get during summer? And why is that most houses don’t have AC? Is it because it is not necessary? Or how do you cope when it gets hot?

It gets really really hot........ You would require an AC, if you want to sleep well.......

Standing fan would never fan the heat away.......... grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2019
assumpta1:
My people where can someone get local foodstuff in Kent? And correct beef too. I’m tired of the regular food here sad

You might have to head down to Chatham or Gillingham (not Chartham), which is closer to Ashford.

Alternatively, if you have our 9ja type freezers (baban mutum), head to Charlton and do you 9ja 3 months shopping.......... tongue

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by nomad26: 8:29pm On Nov 11, 2019
Why not open a pounds sterling dom account in Nigeria? It'll make things easier for you.
This is what I did and I find it better. I send pounds sterling direct to my gtb dom account (no charges for incoming transfer) and I change to naira as needed via black market.

tshoboy:

Yeah I wanted it paid in $. My experience when using naira was better. I got what was quoted.
Do you have any other recommendations?

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by tshoboy(m): 7:39am On Nov 12, 2019
nomad26:
Why not open a pounds sterling dom account in Nigeria? It'll make things easier for you.
This is what I did and I find it better. I send pounds sterling direct to my gtb dom account (no charges for incoming transfer) and I change to naira as needed via black market.

Thanks, it’s not even for me. I want to refund a USD loan and the person prefers USD.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 1:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
Aphrodite007:

Thanks. My accountant said the same thing. Cheers.

You are welcome, My bill is in the post to you. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MyTurn2020: 1:52pm On Nov 12, 2019
Hello house

Please I need information about employment in the uk for professionals. Someone told that the UK are looking for workers from abroad to work in their country but the person does not have the details.

Please how true is it
Where can I get the link or thread
How can I get the list of jobs available
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 2:00pm On Nov 12, 2019
MyTurn2020:
Hello house

Please I need information about employment in the uk for professionals. Someone told that the UK are looking for workers from abroad to work in their country but the person does not have the details.

Please how true is it
Where can I get the link or thread
How can I get the list of jobs available
Thank you

These is the list of where the UK currently have shortages

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-k-shortage-occupation-list

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by moboladek: 2:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
Udukaa001:

You don't need to worry so much as your agency will continue to guide you. And then, read up online. Don't be quick to sign a contract except you have made enough research. One of the most important thing is, RELOCATION PACKAGE. Your employer need to fund the costs of most of your relocation processes.

Thanks a lot. I was given option of Peterborough, Huntingdon and Stamford. Please which area is best, in terms of safety, cheap accommodation, entertainment and other criteria that I am not aware of. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2019
umarwy:

These is the list of where the UK currently have shortages

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-k-shortage-occupation-list

I noticed that they even have welders on the list.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 3:30pm On Nov 12, 2019
Rubyventures:

I noticed that they even have welders on the list.

And
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Rubyventures: 3:39pm On Nov 12, 2019
umarwy:

And

Just an observation, what's with the And??

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 7:31pm On Nov 12, 2019
That story of Chartham is for another day. I can’t even explain how I got to Chartham instead of Chatham.
Any particular place in Chatham or Gillingham before I get lost again? I don’t have the Naija type freezers sad
Lexusgs430:

You might have to head down to Chatham or Gillingham (not Chartham), which is closer to Ashford.

Alternatively, if you have our 9ja type freezers (baban mutum), head to Charlton and do you 9ja 3 months shopping.......... tongue

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 7:32pm On Nov 12, 2019
Will I be allowed to install AC? My apartment does not come with an AC installed sad
Lexusgs430:

It gets really really hot........ You would require an AC, if you want to sleep well.......

Standing fan would never fan the heat away.......... grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 7:38pm On Nov 12, 2019
Where can I get good and “affordable” furniture my people? I’m tired sad
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2019
Rubyventures:

You are welcome, My bill is in the post to you. grin

Hahaha! We go find the bill together grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2019
assumpta1:

Facebook shop or B&Q or gumtree.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2019
assumpta1:
Will I be allowed to install AC? My apartment does not come with an AC installed sad

Why buy a gum wall version? If renting, look through your tenancy agreement/seek landlords consent.....

Just buy a portable AC unit...... Be careful so you don't buy an humidifier or fan wey u go dey load with ice block...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2019
assumpta1:

Used or new?....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2019
assumpta1:
That story of Chartham is for another day. I can’t even explain how I got to Chartham instead of Chatham.
Any particular place in Chatham or Gillingham before I get lost again? I don’t have the Naija type freezers sad

A 9ja shop is in Luton (Chatham)...... Not Luton on the M1....... grin

She sells everything you want..............

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MyTurn2020: 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thank you
Please how do I apply for any of the jobs
Must I get a job offer before I can apply for visa
How is the process
Please I need some one to put me through
Thank you
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 9:18pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thank you. Which one is Facebook shop?
Aphrodite007:

Facebook shop or B&Q or gumtree.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
Ok thank you!
Lexusgs430:

Why buy a gum wall version? If renting, look through your tenancy agreement/seek landlords consent.....

Just buy a portable AC unit...... Be careful so you don't buy an humidifier or fan wey u go dey load with ice block...... cheesy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2019
grin Thank you
Lexusgs430:

A 9ja shop is in Luton (Chatham)...... Not Luton on the M1....... grin

She sells everything you want..............
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 9:51pm On Nov 12, 2019
Please help with both. I will compare and decide or mix both.
Lexusgs430:

Used or new?....
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2019
assumpta1:
Please help with both. I will compare and decide or mix both.

An example..........

This would cost you £2295 (brand new)

Something similar in a charity shop, ebay, gumtree, facebook market etc etc. Would only cost you about £600......

You could get a very good pair of lazyboys from ebay @£120/£150........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:02pm On Nov 12, 2019
assumpta1:

I have only seen one house with installed Ac , dont know if it works self.... so you be alright.

Houses in UK typically dont have Ac. If you are hot just buy a fan

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 11:07pm On Nov 12, 2019
Thank you so much for always answering my questions.
Lexusgs430:

An example..........

This would cost you £2295 (brand new)

Something similar in a charity shop, ebay, gumtree, facebook market etc etc. Would only cost you about £600......

You could get a very good pair of lazyboys from ebay @£120/£150........

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by assumpta1: 11:11pm On Nov 12, 2019
Wow! Thanks
LagosismyHome:

I have only seen one house with installed Ac , dont know if it works self.... so you be alright.

Houses in UK typically dont have Ac. If you are hot just buy a fan
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2019
assumpta1:
Thank you so much for always answering my questions.

That's why we're all here......... cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.