Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,375 members, 7,881,343 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:19 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1341568 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 4:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
Thanks a lot

umarwy:

Theory test Pro.

Purchase the pro version on your mobile for 5 pounds.

And that would be the best way to practice both hazard and theory test. Good luck

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by ecstacy29: 9:20pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mimzyy:
So I woefully failed my theory and hazard perception test today despite preparing well(or so I thought). Gonna book another in three days but I just don’t know where I went wrong cos I tried hard not to click too many times in the hazard perception part. Any tips to help me prepare better please ? I feel so sad.

I guess you were being too careful and I can relate with how you feel cos I experienced it when I failed my first theory test by one score. Try and and get any of the afore listed apps/cds and practice again. You will be fine dear....

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:31pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mimzyy:
So I woefully failed my theory and hazard perception test today despite preparing well(or so I thought). Gonna book another in three days but I just don’t know where I went wrong cos I tried hard not to click too many times in the hazard perception part. Any tips to help me prepare better please ? I feel so sad.

You actually did well in the theory part, so no need to feel sad. With hazard perception try and practise as often.as possible and click at least twice when you spot an hazard so you can get either 5 or 3. Nothing more than practice make perfect. All the best

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 9:33pm On Jan 07, 2020
Mimzyy:
I used the app to prepare as I do not have a CD player. As a matter of fact, I think I didn’t click enough cos I was [b]being too careful [/b]to spot the hazard before clicking. Phewww. Trying to book another test. Earliest is 20th, feels like a long wait. Just wana be done with it.

I think this maybe the main challlenge

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mimzyy(f): 10:12pm On Jan 07, 2020
Thanks a lot. Was just sulking at work today grin. Finally got a date for next week. I’ll make sure I tie all loose ends. Hopefully it’s gonna be the second and last attempt so I can move on to the next stage.

fatima04:

You actually did well in the theory part, so no need to feel sad. With hazard perception try and practise as often.as possible and click at least twice when you spot an hazard so you can get either 5 or 3. Nothing more than practice make perfect. All the best

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 9:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
Getting ready for my practical driving test next month, is there any disadvantage of using my own car for the test. Because I intend using mine (SUV) of which I am more conversant with which I have been driving with my international license. But my instructor was telling me stories,wanting me to use his instead.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 9:56pm On Jan 08, 2020
TRAY2:
Getting ready for my practical driving test next month, is there any disadvantage of using my own car for the test. Because I intend using mine (SUV) of which I am more conversant with which I have been driving with my international license. But my instructor was telling me stories,wanting me to use his instead.

I am talking of 10 years ago plus ..... two of my friends kept failing and both were using their cars. Then someone made a comment that test instructors dont like it. Next test they did with instructor car instead of personal and they both passed.

While I dont have any evidence to show if using their car worked to their disadvantage because we never truly know . I am just sharing how it happened
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by DisGuy: 10:07pm On Jan 08, 2020
TRAY2:

Have you been using your SUV for driving lessons? Maybe you should follow the instructor's advice
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 11:37pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hahaha, thanks for the heads up, I will go ahead with the instructors car then, only that the car is a hybrid, you can’t even hear the sound of the engine, and it’s so fast, I always pass the speed limit whenever I use it for lessons. My aim is to pass the test first attempt so help me God ��

I am talking of 10 years ago plus ..... two of my friends kept failing and both were using their cars. Then someone made a comment that test instructors dont like it. Next test they did with instructor car instead of personal and they both passed.

While I dont have any evidence to show if using their car worked to their disadvantage because we never truly know . I am just sharing how it happened [/quote]
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 11:42pm On Jan 08, 2020
I have been driving for a while now with my car, just did a couple of lessons with him so he can assess my driving and show me what I needed to pass the test. But I will go ahead with using his car then.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by teejay231: 12:11am On Jan 09, 2020
Hello everyone,

Can anyone recommend a good driving instructor around North / North West London. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:14am On Jan 09, 2020
TRAY2:
I have been driving for a while now with my car, just did a couple of lessons with him so he can assess my driving and show me what I needed to pass the test. But I will go ahead with using his car then.

Your best bet is to use your instructors vehicle, for the simple reason........ The examiner gets the confidence of dual pedal control......

If you can drive one car, you can drive any other.............

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 1:18am On Jan 09, 2020
TRAY2:
Hahaha, thanks for the heads up, I will go ahead with the instructors car then, only that the car is a hybrid, you can’t even hear the sound of the engine, and it’s so fast, I always pass the speed limit whenever I use it for lessons. My aim is to pass the test first attempt so help me God ��

While I dont have any evidence to show if using their car worked to their disadvantage because we never truly know . I am just sharing how it happened

The hybrid has a speedometer binnacle, if you go over the designated speed limit...... Instant failure...... So self restrain and control, is very important.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 2:58am On Jan 09, 2020
TRAY2:

Use cruise control to maintain 20 and 30 speed limits, most modern cars have this function and it's allowed for the test
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 5:41am On Jan 09, 2020
umarwy:

Use cruise control to maintain 20 and 30 speed limits, most modern cars have this function and it's allowed for the test

Cruise control at 20mph? .......... Which vehicle would allow setting CC at this low speeds?

Are you very sure cruise control is allowed, under test conditions?.......?

Those doing driving lessons, confirm this wives tale biko.......
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 8:44am On Jan 09, 2020
TRAY2:
Hahaha, thanks for the heads up, I will go ahead with the instructors car then, only that the car is a hybrid, you can’t even hear the sound of the engine, and it’s so fast, I aways pass the speed limit
whenever I use it for lessons. My aim is to pass the test first attempt so help me God ��

The test is for a very short period of time.... surely you can be on your best behaviour for such a short time grin

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Fjohnson456: 11:14am On Jan 09, 2020
Good morning house, please I need get some things from Nigeria to London, can you link me up with someone that can assist urgently? Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by kwell(m): 11:20am On Jan 09, 2020
Hello House, I’m an EU citizen and applied for an EU family permit visa for a first dependent mid December and haven’t received a decision yet. I’m applying for a second dependent, the part where they ask whether I’ve ever sponsored anyone to join or accompany me to UK do I choose yes or no since decision hasn’t been made on the first one yet. Thanks
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by umarwy(m): 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Cruise control at 20mph? .......... Which vehicle would allow setting CC at this low speeds?

Are you very sure cruise control is allowed, under test conditions?.......?

Those doing driving lessons, confirm this wives tale biko.......

I passed my test in july 2019.

I used CC during my test (its part of driving why wont it be allowed). Moreover there is a section for eco driving on the marking sheet.

I used Ford focus cant remember the year (surely less than 5 years)

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
umarwy:

I passed my test in july 2019.

I used CC during my test (its part of driving why wont it be allowed). Moreover there is a section for eco driving on the marking sheet.

I used Ford focus cant remember the year (surely less than 5 years)

No be fight.... Nah question I ask....... When i did my test, CC was never allowed...........

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by derbylicious: 9:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
Happy new year.

I’d like to send a parcel(stuffed “Ghana-must-go” bag) back home, kindly recommend a reliable service that would deliver from the midlands to doorstep of stated address in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Then catch you say you thief meat, you say..... But officer, I was only tasting the meat...........

Why was the phone in his hands in the 1st place, if he had no intention of using/checking it....... Hin wan check clock.................. cheesy

grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 10:06pm On Jan 09, 2020
TRAY2:

God please forgive me but I burst out laughing after reading the first paragraph. Chai, that was me 7 months ago grin

Oya go and prove me wrong by passing! wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 12:02am On Jan 10, 2020
TRAY2:

You think examiners want to die like runaway fowl being driven by a stanger with a massive L? Safety first! Most of the driving school cars have been adapted somehow with extra pedals on the passengers side. This is to ensure that when tension grab you after 10 minutes of your driving test, they are capable of controlling the situation. For example, when I did mine, after approximately five mins, the examiner slammed the brakes. He did that couple of times before the end of the test. As soon as the examiner does that, you might as well park on the pavement and go home.

5 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 12:10am On Jan 10, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

You think examiners want to die like runaway fowl being driven by a stanger with a massive L? Safety first! Most of the driving school cars have been adapted somehow with extra pedals on the passengers side. This is to ensure that when tension grab you after 10 minutes of your driving test, they are capable of controlling the situation. For example, when I did mine, after approximately five mins, the examiner slammed the brakes. He did that couple of times before the end of the test. As soon as the examiner does that, you might as well park on the pavement and go home.

smiley cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:38am On Jan 10, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

I have heard of some situations, where the examiners abandoned test. They simply took a bus back to base.....

Examiner had no control and did not want to die like a runway fowl........ cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wonlasewonimi: 9:41am On Jan 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I have heard of some situations, where the examiners abandoned test. They simply took a bus back to base.....

Examiner had no control and did not want to die like a runway fowl........ cheesy

If na you nko? Nobody wants to come out of the car via the windscreen. grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 9:55am On Jan 10, 2020
wonlasewonimi:

If na you nko? Nobody wants to come out of the car via the windscreen. grin

Or be cut out by Fire Brigade........... wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2020
Lexusgs430:

Lol, they dont even need to tell you your result. You don fail grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2020
Has anyone had issues with Waze saying "Red light reporting you"? A friend got this notification first time using the app, personally I think the app isnt that sophisticated to get access to police/gov database but then who knows.

Secondly, how do they apply the 3 points of such offence to an international licence?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Uglyduckling: 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2020
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TRAY2(m): 11:03pm On Jan 10, 2020
Lmao �
wonlasewonimi:

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.