Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,983 members, 7,896,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 08:21 AM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (472) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1349183 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zeecos(f): 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2020
tushqueen:

Does Giff gaff offer something reasonable as well. Or make I just port?
Giffgaff doesn’t do an international minutes bundle. So it might be expensive calling Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 8:24pm On Dec 08, 2020
Pegzzyg:
Please, out of curiosity, may I inquire why you said not to "waste time on this particular course". I acknowledge your later advice though, PR is more important but I thought HR also falls under the shortage occupation list in UK hence why I applied for this course as against M.sc Management? Do I need to be worried? I would appreciate if you can throw more light on this. Thanks

It doesn't.

Anyone can enter the field (my first degree was in a completely unrelated field for instance) and a master's confers no particular advantage on you, so save those pounds for something more worthwhile. If you must go into HR, go through the CIPD or SHRM route for further qualifications. That's actually more potentially valuable to a practitioner in the field, or at least those memberships are to me.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2020
TheLasyBuddha:

Apparently, she isn't the first to receive the jab. Trial volunteers were.

You took the words out of my mouth, that’s what I’ve been thinking since they have been using this to make noise in my ears all day.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by marylandcakes: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2020
Omoolobi:
Still in my 14days quarantine, can i go out to buy a sim pack?

Can i open an account online?

I need something doing for this 2weeks?

Pls helpppppppp

im in Hitchin Hertfordshire

Subscribe to Netflix.

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
Hello house,

Which network provider is okay in Uk, both for making international and local calls, data subscription. I mean, network provider that has a lesser charge rate.

Giffgaff
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
Some people said EE is good. Please which other network provider is okay for making international calls and cheap for data subscription.

EE is most expensive service provider in the UK

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2020
tushqueen:

Does Giff gaff offer something reasonable as well. Or make I just port?

Use giffgaff and have rest of mind nothing like contract. i sub for £20 for 80gb+unlimited call and text message within UK and EU
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 9:03pm On Dec 08, 2020
Zeecos:

Giffgaff doesn’t do an international minutes bundle. So it might be expensive calling Nigeria

its cheap at least with 3pounds I can call 10minutes or more to Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Pegzzyg(f): 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2020
Your recommendations was actually my plans. Thanks so much for this insight!
TheGuyFromHR:

It doesn't.

Anyone can enter the field (my first degree was in a completely unrelated field for instance) and a master's confers no particular advantage on you, so save those pounds for something more worthwhile. If you must go into HR, go through the CIPD or SHRM route for further qualifications. That's actually more potentially valuable to a practitioner in the field, or at least those memberships are to me.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zeecos(f): 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2020
walesho:

its cheap at least with 3pounds I can call 10minutes or more to Nigeria
On a Vodafone contract sim, £3.50 gives you 100 minutes to call Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zeecos(f): 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2020
walesho:

Use giffgaff and have rest of mind nothing like contract. i sub for £20 for 80gb+unlimited call and text message within UK and EU
With £24 pounds, I get unlimited data
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by OBYNOWEST12(m): 10:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
That's great.

Someone here make mention of Tesco international calls app. Who knows how to make use of it? Can I use it without having UK phone number ?.

Guys how can/which website can I order cooked nigeria foods/soups online and will be deliver to my door steps.

walesho:

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 11:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
Humans are so difficult to please ... People were complaining just few months ago that the lockdown was too much. That scientists should find a vaccine and now there’s a vaccine people are still complains that the vaccine is this and that.... grin angry grin..

Isn’t that funny?..
Even if God carry that vaccine come down from heaven some people will still be asking him how sure is he that the vaccine is not from the devil...

If I talk now una go accuse me of smoking Ijebu Egbo...

8 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Yemisih(f): 11:44pm On Dec 08, 2020
Order gigg gaff sim to be delivered to ur u,
Open monzo account ur card ll delivered to u(op u get someone to pik frm ur mailbox),once u get ur card activate it nd get ur pals to send u pounds den order for whatever u want,
Obey d law of d land o make dem nor use you as scapegoat.
Omoolobi:
Still in my 14days quarantine, can i go out to buy a sim pack?

Can i open an account online?

I need something doing for this 2weeks?

Pls helpppppppp

im in Hitchin Hertfordshire

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 11:48pm On Dec 08, 2020
Why don’t you try rebtel app to make international calls to Nigeria and other part of the world. It very cheap with £5 I get 49minutes of calls to Nigeria! Very easy and cheap...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by dustydee: 12:15am On Dec 09, 2020
Tobexin:
Why don’t you try rebtel app to make international calls to Nigeria and other part of the world. It very cheap with £5 I get 49minutes of calls to Nigeria! Very easy and cheap...
Rebtel charges VAT. Try white calling app instead.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 12:56am On Dec 09, 2020
walesho:

They are absolute trash. I’m taking them to the ombudsman.

Let me even give you people the gist.

I had to roam my sim cos I was expecting calls from UK, so I paid for 30 minutes to use while in Nigeria. Na so I reach Naija, I was making calls to my bank, bae and mother-in-law back in UK.

I was enjoying myself while waiting for 30 mins to finish, I no get alert. Only for me to want to check my EE app and saw bill of £230. I just laughed- It gats be joke. These people use their full chest to charge me £300. Apparently, the calls were per minute, so 2seconds flash counted as 1 min.

I didn’t talk, I got back, called EE and asked them how far. They say it’s my bill, I said na lie. That why didn’t they notify me, that it goes against fairness and transparency. They said it’s my business, that I should have checked the app. I now asked them if they gave me mobile data or stop watch.

I reminded them that it goes against consumer act (fairness and transparency), that they can’t charge me for what I wasn’t notified of, because it then becomes hidden charges; that’s why bank always notify you when you enter overdraft- they won’t just keep quiet and charge you interest.

I just dey here dey wait outcome grin
I like trouble sha

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:07am On Dec 09, 2020
Aphrodite007:

I had to roam my sim cos I was expecting calls from UK, so I paid for 30 minutes to use while in Nigeria. Na so I reach Naija, I was making calls to my bank, bae and mother-in-law back in UK.

I was enjoying myself while waiting for 30 mins to finish, I no get alert. Only for me to want to check my EE app and saw bill of £230. I just laughed- It gats be joke. These people use their full chest to charge me £300. Apparently, the calls were per minute, so 2seconds flash counted as 1 min.

I didn’t talk, I got back, called EE and asked them how far. They say it’s my bill, I said na lie. That why didn’t they notify me, that it goes against fairness and transparency. They said it’s my business, that I should have checked the app. I now asked them if they gave me mobile data or stop watch.

I reminded them that it goes against consumer act (fairness and transparency), that they can’t charge me for what I wasn’t notified of, because it then becomes hidden charges; that’s why bank always notify you when you enter overdraft- they won’t just keep quiet and charge you interest.

I like trouble sha

The easiest way would have been to set a £70.00, maximum limit on that line ..........

The only place I would roam my sim, would be on my Europe tours......... I no fit shout........ grin

Goodluck with the ombudsman...... Did you read the terms and conditions of their roaming policies?....

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 2:10am On Dec 09, 2020
wallg123:
Humans are so difficult to please ... People were complaining just few months ago that the lockdown was too much. That scientists should find a vaccine and now there’s a vaccine people are still complains that the vaccine is this and that.... grin angry grin..

Isn’t that funny?..
Even if God carry that vaccine come down from heaven some people will still be asking him how sure is he that the vaccine is not from the devil...

If I talk now una go accuse me of smoking Ijebu Egbo...

According to some pipu, make we blame Bill Gates ..... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 8:19am On Dec 09, 2020
Aphrodite007:

I like trouble sha

They are the first to launch 5G in the UK, so they have use your money to pay for the projects cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 8:21am On Dec 09, 2020
Zeecos:

With £24 pounds, I get unlimited data

Yeah but the speed throttle at a certain usage
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 8:24am On Dec 09, 2020
Zeecos:

On a Vodafone contract sim, £3.50 gives you 100 minutes to call Nigeria

That's a contract sim, giffgaff normal charges no contract, just buy the sim, enjoy, no story wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by walesho(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
That's great.

Someone here make mention of Tesco international calls app. Who knows how to make use of it? Can I use it without having UK phone number ?.

Guys how can/which website can I order cooked nigeria foods/soups online and will be deliver to my door steps.

I don't know about Tesco but for food and other stuffs Google map does the magic at times wink
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by omopapa: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2020
And arguably the best.

I pay £20.77 monthly for 100gb data (I barely use upto 50 Cus of wifi) unlimited calls and text. Got 8years loyalty discount with them. Got unlimited data as a thank you being NHS staff

Did a random speed check with my mates the other night, EE had the best speed btw 3, giffgaff and Vodafone

walesho:

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Zeecos(f): 11:19am On Dec 09, 2020
walesho:

Yeah but the speed throttle at a certain usage
Same for Giffgaff. Anyways, someone asked for a cheap option for calling Nigeria and using data. IMO, Vodafone is better than Giffgaff, contract or no contract. If you’re scared of contracts and commitments, go for the 30 days contract sim.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Tobexin(m): 11:27am On Dec 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

The easiest way would have been to set a £70.00, maximum limit on that line ..........

The only place I would roam my sim, would be on my Europe tours......... I no fit shout........ grin

Goodluck with the ombudsman...... Did you read the terms and conditions of their roaming policies?....
that’s why Three network is till the best in Uk! Free roaming all around Europe same subscriptions I did in England works for me in Germany, France, Netherlands and Italy
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Aphrodite007(f): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I didn’t even know I could set up a limit. Thanks.

Nope didn’t read terms (who does grin but there weren’t any terms as it was an add-on). the only terms that were there was the notification that it’s a per minute billing. But that’s not my fight with them.

They actually offered 50% off but I turned it down, that it must be 100% cos it’s not my bill as I was not notified. (working in customer care helped me to know my consumer rights! Hehe)

I still like EE sha grin I’ve not made up my mind whether to leave them or not.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 2:50pm On Dec 09, 2020
Please any recommendations for a small chops caterer that can deliver? Someone with tested and trusted small chops please? Thank you.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by cchimaa: 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2020
Good afternoon nairalanders.
I’m back again

I applied for my dependant’s visa, I want to upload the documents for the tls appointment, but tls contact is showing ‘this token has been taken’

This takes me out of the original page as if I’m just about to apply.

What can I do please?

This is frustrating.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Dfazz: 5:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Has anyone encounter an issue with his or her birth certificate in getting a job in UK, my birth certificate has 3 name, but my documents has just my first name and surname, how do I tackle this problem, as my would be employer listed birth certificate as one of the document I need to submit
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Mamatukwas: 5:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dfazz:
Has anyone encounter an issue with his or her birth certificate in getting a job in UK, my birth certificate has 3 name, but my documents has just my first name and surname, how do I tackle this problem, as my would be employer listed birth certificate as one of the document I need to submit

As long as both names also appear on your birth certificate I don’t see why this should be a problem. Has anybody complained?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by cchimaa: 7:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
Good afternoon nairalanders.
I’m back again

I applied for my dependant’s visa, I want to upload the documents for the tls appointment, but tls contact is showing ‘this token has been taken’

This takes me out of the original page as if I’m just about to apply.

What can I do please?

This is frustrating.

(1) (2) (3) ... (469) (470) (471) (472) (473) (474) (475) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.