Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,544 members, 7,941,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant - Travel (643) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (1369029 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (750) (Go Down)

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by stdams: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2021
Samosbiskerele:
@assumpta1. Have you checkout out https://www.niyis.co.uk

I placed an order there once and I was really pleased with them. They are serious, cheaper, better and they have got regular deals thats you can take advantage of.

I can also testify to this. They are the best African store I have come across in the uk. Prices are on point, delivery service and fresh food as well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 12:20am On Jun 03, 2021
samcrispy:
Also I want to ask if there are lots of HR jobs available in the uk, because that’s what I feel like studying(MSc) in the Uk.

There are HR jobs quite alright but not all organizations have or need a dedicated HR dept depending on staff numbers but just know that you will be competing with Oyinbo women for jobs in HR which seems to be a forte dominated by Oyinbo women and even if that were not so, my guesstimate is that serious downsizing will happen soon or has already started for functions (including HR) that may not need as many staff as Pre-Pandemic figures.

Couple this with the fact that a lot of Companies are taking advantage of the past 15 months of most of the UK working from home to get out of Property leases since they don't need that many office spaces anymore as their staff working from home will save them millions in office rent over time and this will make you realize that no office manager or even HR job is safe going forwards as there are fewer or no more physical offices to manage and i would suspect that a lot of companies will be moving their HR functions partly online to self service Apps and with job interviews / onboarding functions now conducted on Zoom, MS Teams, Self Service will mean that not that many HR staff will be needed going forwards.

I may be wrong but if I was a gambling man, I would stake my money on Office manager, HR and Facilities management jobs suffering a cull in the not too distant future as ruthless company Execs whose fat cat bonuses depends on bottom line profits which translates to ruthless cost cutting will not spare any function that is "perceived" to be dependent on working from a bricks and mortar location the need for which Covid has drastically reduced.

If I were to give you good advice, since you are yet to apply for the MSC in HR, I would say as you have a Bsc in Economics, why not apply for an Msc in Information technology or something related to computers which is the future as not only will this help in your marketability, you want to be in a profession where there is a skills shortage unlike in HR or Accountancy where supply outstrips demand.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 12:32am On Jun 03, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

My brother, do that homework very very thoroughly.

Very good advice as no one wants to end up wasting time studying what is not marketable. On a side note, I spent wasted 4 years at UI Medical school before deciding it wasn't for me., But I had an excuse, I entered UI as an 18 year old who was cajoled by parents to go for medicine. By the time you add 16 hour study sessions followed by heavy drinking sessions at UI, it was just a matter of time before I lost the zeal to continue and I regret it not one bit.

So, Bros spend quality time researching jobs on Indeed.co.uk and choose a course that your research shows is in demand and pays well in the UK and my advice is to go for a course in Information technology especially software development as this is the present and the future rolled into one and only a tip of the possibilities in IT have been touched so far and it keeps developing every day faster than most humans can catch up with it, hence the skills shortage leading to more jobs than experienced candidates and hence the fairly good wages.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by idolda: 1:22am On Jun 03, 2021
Samopex05:

Care worker is not classified under skilled job according to my research therefore cannot apply for skilled worker visa BUT

Seeing that senior care worker is a job under skilled work and it’s also under shortage occupation list. Is it okay to study msc healthcare mgmt or msc health&social care and apply for a job as a senior care worker with 2-3years of experience as a carer/support worker.

Cc justwise lagosismyhome theguyfromhr and others with experience concerning this.

Check this out https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/your-job HCAs are classified as 6141: nursing auxiliaries and assistants and they are qualified for reduced visa fees and ihs exemption this is not an assumption as I have got someone who successfully moved to the UK under this and working as HCA

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Ilekokonit: 2:39am On Jun 03, 2021
TheGuyFromHR:

It shouldn't worry you, is the point I'm making.
Beyond one's control , so one has to learn to accept all the ramifications of this place.

Good point. A lot of Nigerians are in for a rude shock and awakening when they finally realize that Western children are very opinionated, have a mind of their own, CAN NOT be told what to do like kids in Naija and are VERY selfish. Once you realise and ACCEPT these painful facts then you begin to get used to the fact that if you live in the West and your children abandon you then its NOT a big deal but part of the price you have to pay for bringing your children up in a strange country that does not respect or accept your Naija parenting / upbringing ideas.

The reason why Nigerians who studied in the UK in the 60's have kids who still have naija culture in them is that once they finished their studies, they IMMEDIATELY shipped themselves and their kids back to naija and those kids started coming back to the UK once they were 18 years old and in most cases 21 years old after they had gone through Uni and had their foundation on Naija culture rooted in them. This is probably why some Nigerians in today's world try their best to take their kids to naija once a year at least and most of my work colleagues who are Indians take their kids back to India at least once a year and their parents come once a year to the UK to baby sit for their children during the long summer break.

Compounding a foreigner bringing up kids in the UK is if daddy and mummy can not agree on whether to bring up the children with naija values or not and if the kids sense disunity among their parents on this, they will exploit that loophole to start misbehaving.

I once dated a Tanzanian lady whose teenage son was misbehaving and hanging out with the wrong crew and she unilaterally took him back to Tanzania to live with her brother and the boy called his father in the UK (who was seperated from his mum) and the lady's Ex called the police and told them that his Ex took his son to Africa without his consent and the lady was charged with child kidnap or something along those lines.

Bringing up kids in the UK along naija values is not for the faint hearted as the whole of society is telling the kids a different thing on a daily basis and it takes SOLID unity between Dad and Mum and the grace of God if those kids are not to end up with no home training.

At some point you have to let go and start trying to enjoy your "short" life span whether or not your children appreciate your long suffering and labour of love on them.

Then there is the aspect of luck which is beyond anyone's control where western raised kids will just fall in love and in line with your Naija culture.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by TheGuyFromHR: 5:50am On Jun 03, 2021
Ilekokonit:

Good point. A lot of Nigerians are in for a rude shock and awakening when they finally realize that Western children are very opinionated, have a mind of their own, CAN NOT be told what to do like kids in Naija and are VERY selfish. Once you realise and ACCEPT these painful facts then you begin to get used to the fact that if you live in the West and your children abandon you then its NOT a big deal but part of the price you have to pay for bringing your children up in a strange country that does not respect or accept your Naija parenting / upbringing ideas.

The reason why Nigerians who studied in the UK in the 60's have kids who still have naija culture in them is that once they finished their studies, they IMMEDIATELY shipped themselves and their kids back to naija and those kids started coming back to the UK once they were 18 years old and in most cases 21 years old after they had gone through Uni and had their foundation on Naija culture rooted in them. This is probably why some Nigerians in today's world try their best to take their kids to naija once a year at least and most of my work colleagues who are Indians take their kids back to India at least once a year and their parents come once a year to the UK to baby sit for their children during the long summer break.

Compounding a foreigner bringing up kids in the UK is if daddy and mummy can not agree on whether to bring up the children with naija values or not and if the kids sense disunity among their parents on this, they will exploit that loophole to start misbehaving.

I once dated a Tanzanian lady whose teenage son was misbehaving and hanging out with the wrong crew and she unilaterally took him back to Tanzania to live with her brother and the boy called his father in the UK (who was seperated from his mum) and the lady's Ex called the police and told them that his Ex took his son to Africa without his consent and the lady was charged with child kidnap or something along those lines.

Bringing up kids in the UK along naija values is not for the faint hearted as the whole of society is telling the kids a different thing on a daily basis and it takes SOLID unity between Dad and Mum and the grace of God if those kids are not to end up with no home training.

At some point you have to let go and start trying to enjoy your "short" life span whether or not your children appreciate your long suffering and labour of love on them.

Then there is the aspect of luck which is beyond anyone's control where western raised kids will just fall in love and in line with your Naija culture.

I had an uncle in the US who did the exact same thing to one of his sons in the 90s. The boy was misbehaving, the uncle brought them back, tried to persuade him to stay, enrolled him in a boarding school in Lagos and all that. One day the boy walked out, went to the US embassy, laid whatever complaint he laid there, and they contacted the boy's father and he had to send for the boy and take him back to the US. Last we heard of him sometime in the 00s was that he was trying to become a musician, hopefully he made it.

To me, any Nigerian parent in the abroad who wants to retain their sanity should divest themselves of any preferred outcome with respect to their children. The only outcome to which I hold tenuously is for my children to be self-supporting at the appropriate age and thereafter, I'm not invested in the way they decide to earn a living, whether they go to uni or not, just do your thing and support yourselves lawfully.

Nor am I invested in their choice of lifestyles - just like any parent, I would like them to be conventional obviously, but as long as you're not living in my house, feel free to tattoo yourself from head to toe, pierce the whole of your body, flex the baby mama thing and litter the UK/EU/entire world with your pikins, partner with whoever. I will never kill myself over another person whom I cannot control - mine na to learn how to navigate my way through the ISA, SIPP jungle in preparation for securing sufficient income to live on in old age - that's the only thing within my control.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by MichaelUde: 8:05am On Jun 03, 2021
LagosismyHome:

Don't know if my kids can have the AUDACITY to say they don't want to go to Uni .... we go enter one trouser be that angry

Lol, make you just dey take measurements for that oversized trouser o, just in case.
This na obodo oyibo, anything can happen, and everybody suppose prepare their minds.
I have children too, I don already dey practise as I go take dey troway eye from whatever crazy dressing my daughter fit put up one day, among other things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by samcrispy: 9:04am On Jun 03, 2021
Ilekokonit:

There are HR jobs quite alright but not all organizations have or need a dedicated HR dept depending on staff numbers but just know that you will be competing with Oyinbo women for jobs in HR which seems to be a forte dominated by Oyinbo women and even if that were not so, my guesstimate is that serious downsizing will happen soon or has already started for functions (including HR) that may not need as many staff as Pre-Pandemic figures.

Couple this with the fact that a lot of Companies are taking advantage of the past 15 months of most of the UK working from home to get out of Property leases since they don't need that many office spaces anymore as their staff working from home will save them millions in office rent over time and this will make you realize that no office manager or even HR job is safe going forwards as there are fewer or no more physical offices to manage and i would suspect that a lot of companies will be moving their HR functions partly online to self service Apps and with job interviews / onboarding functions now conducted on Zoom, MS Teams, Self Service will mean that not that many HR staff will be needed going forwards.

I may be wrong but if I was a gambling man, I would stake my money on Office manager, HR and Facilities management jobs suffering a cull in the not too distant future as ruthless company Execs whose fat cat bonuses depends on bottom line profits which translates to ruthless cost cutting will not spare any function that is "perceived" to be dependent on working from a bricks and mortar location the need for which Covid has drastically reduced.

If I were to give you good advice, since you are yet to apply for the MSC in HR, I would say as you have a Bsc in Economics, why not apply for an Msc in Information technology or something related to computers which is the future as not only will this help in your marketability, you want to be in a profession where there is a skills shortage unlike in HR or Accountancy where supply outstrips demand.

I’m so grateful for this eye opening response.

I will look for IT related courses because that’s where the world is shifting to in a couple of years. Can I send you an email?
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by LagosismyHome(f): 11:52am On Jun 03, 2021
Ilekokonit:

While I support what you said 100 percent. I caution our people just jumping to do MSc in IT. IT is still very work experience relevant so what you have on paper has to be backed up with relevant work experience if not that paper becomes very hard to get you a job

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2021
MichaelUde:

Lol, make you just dey take measurements for that oversized trouser o, just in case.
This na obodo oyibo, anything can happen, and everybody suppose prepare their minds.
I have children too, I don already dey practise as I go take dey troway eye from whatever crazy dressing my daughter fit put up one day, among other things.

Hmmn is it easy to troway eyes like that, especially when the kids go against everything the parent stand for or believe in. May God help us. Had a colleague who sent her misbehaving teenage son to Zimbabwe and the boy spent 1yr and came back fully reformed oo.
She said she wished she did it for her other kids and the key point for her was to put him in a boarding school in remote Zimbabwe and not such school. If not he won't understand the privileges. Glad it worked out for her but it could have been the other way round as well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:09pm On Jun 03, 2021
I think we need to research and understand how most Asian kids still have strong ties to their community,languages, food etc even to the point of arrange marriages in this century.

Had an experience with 2 different black kids who got apprenticeship opportunities with Tier 1 contractors with very good pay and progression. And both managed to mess it up with one testing positive for drugs and the other not coming to work frequently which a white person might have gotten away with. It was quite painful to hear they lost such a rare opportunity and see their parent go through the heartache.

2 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2021
There was a couple of post back regarding day 2 and day 8 covid 19 test few pages back. I have booked a cheaper one of about 116 instead of the £210 advised by the government.

And there are even cheaper ones of £84, on this link https://www.rtdiagnostics.co.uk/product/day-2-8-test/ and https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/amber.

The most important thing is the booking reference to be used on the passenger locator form.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2021
fatima04:
There was a couple of post back regarding day 2 and day 8 covid 19 test few pages back. I have booked a cheaper one of about 116 instead of the £210 advised by the government.

And there are even cheaper ones of £84, on this link https://www.rtdiagnostics.co.uk/product/day-2-8-test/ and https://www.find-travel-test-provider.service.gov.uk/test-type/amber.

The most important thing is the booking reference to be used on the passenger locator form.
While it's very tempting to book a cheaper test, I strongly recommend that you check out the reviews of the testing clinic you're booking with.

I booked my day 2 and day 8 test (with Concepto Clinic) for about £159 and didn't get the test kit until day 3. After taking the sample, there was no instruction about where to drop the sample and upon dropping the sample, I didn't get the results until much later. When I checked the clinic reviews on TrustPilot, many other people seemed to have similar issues with lots of bad reviews.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Bourne007(m): 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2021
I will care less about TrustPilot at this point. If the govt recommended and it's actually on the list of providers, na to go to for the £50 self cheesy .. If they are screwing up, it's up to the govt to take action

If na product wey I go install for my house now, TrustPilot reviews will surely be helpful smiley

Olalekank:

While it's very tempting to book a cheaper test, I strongly recommend that you check out the reviews of the testing clinic you're booking with.

I booked my day 2 and day 8 test (with Concepto Clinic) for about £159 and didn't get the test kit until day 3. After taking the sample, there was no instruction about where to drop the sample and upon dropping the sample, I didn't get the results until much later. When I checked the clinic reviews on TrustPilot, many other people seemed to have similar issues with lots of bad reviews.

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Olalekank(m): 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2021
Bourne007:
I will care less about TrustPilot at this point. If the govt recommended and it's actually on the list of providers, na to go to for the £50 self cheesy .. If they are screwing up, it's up to the govt to take action

If na product wey I go install for my house now, TrustPilot reviews will surely be helpful smiley

Welp

The longer the result takes to come out, the more you stay at home angry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by babajeje123(m): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2021
Ilekokonit:

Wow!

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:30pm On Jun 03, 2021
Olalekank:

That needs to be reported via the government portal, how do you charge £159 for such service. The ones I saw had clear details on delivery(if you order over the weekend or BH it won't be delivered next day) and almost all of them comes with postal envelope and stamp to be dropped in the red priority boxes.

Although I had issues getting through to Dante Labs that I used but tbh the information I needed was provided or existed somewhere online.

But hey, anything to save a few quid especially in this era of 5 covid tests, imagine a family of 6 with kids above 4yrs saving £100 each. Most especially When I know they are sharing this tests sef for free at bus stations grin grin
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2021
Abeg oo UK elders and expert, should one report hitting a bollard to insurance or police? I have been reading conflicting resolution or advise online. The bollard wasn't damaged but the car door has a slight dent with split aluminium border strip.

Also, is it advisable one fix it out of pocket/use insurance/ or wait till the end of the PCP contract and see the deduction to be made. Don't want to advise on the wrong choice and cost avoidable expenses
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by chrisj2(m): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2021
The Asians are not one homogeneous group and some of them are worse than our children... What is the obsession with nja know ds eating our so-called foods. Some of them do not like swallow - even in Nigeria and a lot of our foods are studgy and not that nutritious. We have a lot of cases of diabetes and obesity and poor health - so, getting het up about kids not eating so-called nja foods is a waste of time.

Some Asians practice forced arranged marriage and bar the children marrying certain people (castes etc) or into certain religion and at worst, they practice honour killing... The successful ones clearly want their children marrying people of the same know if and wealth - those are the ones you are probably talking about in a positive way.

Furthermore, the Asian foods are so much assimilated into the UK foods and meals, so it is not that different; except home cooked and better quality. They eat a lot of healthy stuff, including lots of veg and sauces and Rice (of course), and potatoes - just cooked differently. What is there not to like - the Brits do not have specific foods themselves...

Being a parent is hard - children get exposed to new things quickly and you cannot stop them experimenting; just try and be supportive and educative and leave Nja parenting and mentality in Nja.

When in Rome, do like the Romans!

3 Likes

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by hustla(m): 8:08pm On Jun 03, 2021
fatima04:

Hmmn is it easy to troway eyes like that, especially when the kids go against everything the parent stand for or believe in. May God help us. Had a colleague who sent her misbehaving teenage son to Zimbabwe and the boy spent 1yr and came back fully reformed oo.
She said she wished she did it for her other kids and the key point for her was to put him in a boarding school in remote Zimbabwe and not such school. If not he won't understand the privileges. Glad it worked out for her but it could have been the other way round as well.

My mom's best friend did it for her son

I was there when he was shipped to our house

Was told he'd come back home 1.30am in the UK and when asked where he went to, he'd give his mom the middle finger and insult her.. So she tricked him into visiting Nigeria grin

He spent just two years in Nigeria and was sent to a boarding school where the principal is a strict disciplinarian... The Principal then assigned a Teacher to him

Within 2 yrs after plenty beating, baba don sabi wake up early, arrange in bed well, wash in clothes and was meek like a new born lamb

Since he went back to the UK, his mom has not complained about him

grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2021
fatima04:
Abeg oo UK elders and expert, should one report hitting a bollard to insurance or police? I have been reading conflicting resolution or advise online. The bollard wasn't damaged but the car door has a slight dent with split aluminium border strip.

Also, is it advisable one fix it out of pocket/use insurance/ or wait till the end of the PCP contract and see the deduction to be made. Don't want to advise on the wrong choice and cost avoidable expenses
Unless it’s badly damaged I’d advice you take it to local garage where they do body work to touch it up for u. Or u fit enter Halfords they’ve got some pen/ spray for minor dents. If u call insurance for that little scratch na u lose oh ......
But if na major dent, then use your insurer

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by wallg123: 8:24pm On Jun 03, 2021
fatima04:
I think we need to research and understand how most Asian kids still have strong ties to their community,languages, food etc even to the point of arrange marriages in this century.

Had an experience with 2 different black kids who got apprenticeship opportunities with Tier 1 contractors with very good pay and progression. And both managed to mess it up with one testing positive for drugs and the other not coming to work frequently which a white person might have gotten away with. It was quite painful to hear they lost such a rare opportunity and see their parent go through the heartache.
Wasted opportunity. A white kid or Asian child would use that opportunity and grow into the business. Bring there friends and relationships into the organisation. But for us na different story... (sometimes I wonder how God wire our brains) cry
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2021
fatima04:

If bollard was not damaged, no point reporting it...... (even if it was)...... Before RalphJean come carry me go father wey dey catholic church............. tongue

If you await the end of PCP contract, after inspection, they would rip you off, penalising you dangerously.........

Your best bet, get a quote from an independent garage... Is your vehicle insurance, linked to provider of PCP or independent?....

Taking into consideration, cost of compulsory/voluntary excess payments.................
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Icesnow(f): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
fatima04:

Thanks for d info. I'm seeing day 2 for 44 pounds but day 8 is not included. Supervised onsite testing for 44 pounds which sum it up to 88 pounds. Is it correct to proceed with payment? Thanks.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:15pm On Jun 03, 2021
dear all,

Please does transiting through Turkey mean i am coming from a red zone? i have booked a flight via turkish airlines and now seeing news around it being a redlist country. Transiting through Turkey, do i need to compulsorily isolate in a hotel? Any info/advice will be welcome.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:22pm On Jun 03, 2021
hustla:

My mom's best friend did it for her son

I was there when he was shipped to our house

Was told he'd come back home 1.30am in the UK and when asked where he went to, he'd give his mom the middle finger and insult her.. So she tricked him into visiting Nigeria grin

He spent just two years in Nigeria and was sent to a boarding school where the principal is a strict disciplinarian... The Principal then assigned a Teacher to him

Within 2 yrs after plenty beating, baba don sabi wake up early, arrange in bed well, wash in clothes and was meek like a new born lamb

Since he went back to the UK, his mom has not complained about him

grin

He had it in him to be good grin grin. Parenting is hard

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2021
wallg123:

Unless it’s badly damaged I’d advice you take it to local garage where they do body work to touch it up for u. Or u fit enter Halfords they’ve got some pen/ spray for minor dents. If u call insurance for that little scratch na u lose oh ......
But if na major dent, then use your insurer

Thanks, will check them out. Even those local garages sef can charge someone ehn
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:26pm On Jun 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

If bollard was not damaged, no point reporting it...... (even if it was)...... Before RalphJean come carry me go father wey dey catholic church............. tongue
lol, you are something else
If you await the end of PCP contract, after inspection, they would rip you off, penalising you dangerously.........

Your best bet, get a quote from an independent garage... Is your vehicle insurance, linked to provider of PCP or independent?....

Taking into consideration, cost of compulsory/voluntary excess payments.................

No, the insurance is independent. If a car is on PCP or HP can one just sell it off to other vendors like we buy any car.com
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 10:31pm On Jun 03, 2021
fatima04:

No, the insurance is independent. If a car is on PCP or HP can one just sell it off to other vendors like we buy any car.com

NO... You don't own the car!!!!!!

If any finance arrangement is tied to the vehicle, it would flag up, during HPI check.......

The finance company still got a lien on that vehicle, if sold, it would be declared stolen and snatched from buyer, whilst you are still been chased........ (with severe financial consequences)........

RalphJean, have I redeemed myself....... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:51pm On Jun 03, 2021
Lexusgs430:

NO... You don't own the car!!!!!!

If any finance arrangement is tied to the vehicle, it would flag up, during HPI check.......

The finance company still got a lien on that vehicle, if sold, it would be declared stolen and snatched from buyer, whilst you are still been chased........ (with severe financial consequences)........

RalphJean, have I redeemed myself....... cheesy

Oh I see, thought they advertise that they will clear up the finance and it sounded like an alternative if better priced for the end of a PCP deal. Too many complications fa
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by fatima04: 10:54pm On Jun 03, 2021
Icesnow:
Thanks for d info. I'm seeing day 2 for 44 pounds but day 8 is not included. Supervised onsite testing for 44 pounds which sum it up to 88 pounds. Is it correct to proceed with payment? Thanks.

I would advise you buy the kit for day 2 and day 8 all in one and not split it, you need correct reference number for the locator form. And day 2 test is for green list countries and such references may be different if transiting from country on Amber list.
Re: Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant by Lexusgs430: 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2021
fatima04:

Oh I see, thought they advertise that they will clear up the finance and it sounded like an alternative if better priced for the end of a PCP deal. Too many complications fa

This is another area of vehicle refinance, but always remember, no free lunch......

Those financing, must have something to massively gain (or why else would they free you, from a finance deal)........ cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) ... (750)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.