Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,865 members, 7,931,021 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 02:22 PM

Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? (4406 Views)

Why Are Most Nigerian Guys So Wicked And Silly / Why So Afraid? / How To Tell If A Guy Likes You: Does He Like You? Why Are Guys So Hard To Read? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Sagamite(m): 12:30am On Mar 21, 2010
You said:

Tarmpa:

As 4 me,i dont go sleepn with d girl i dont love & cant marry.I propose as soon as i discover that she's good enouph 4 me,i'm always very happy to spend so much on them without looking back,all because of love.

And you wonder why it is that:

Tarmpa:

But what do they pay me back with? Disapointment, infidelity,& any bad thing u can think of.Just imagine me, catching my ex fiancee,RED HANDED,cheatn on me just few weeks 2 our weddn,
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Lovechyld101(m): 1:19am On Mar 21, 2010
Quotes from rokiatu, They will commit if you are the 'one'.
rokiatu - I LOVE YOUR THINKING! Women
make it too easy for men to misbehave
themselves! If women collaborate and deny
them intimacy, by-force by-force they will
behave like prince charming. The world will be
a better place , Nigerian women and this their stupid tinking y do they just wana make life hard and difficult 4d guyz
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by henryhemon(m): 2:48am On Mar 21, 2010
Women think the d best they can offer in a relationship is intimacy n that's where d get it all wrong,even wen u don't f.u, c.k them,d give out 2 another dude.when a woman has strong personality,a man will nvr dump her,cuz he'll always want 2 be wit her cuz only few women ve it n he wil be proud of wat he got.
A dude i knw almost got crazy cuz of a woman he luvs n she went 2 give it 2some other guy n by d way d girl gives it 2 any guy dat cares.how then can he b commited?
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Duniverse(m): 3:17am On Mar 21, 2010
Krissykriss:

How many times will i say this? Love doesnt live here anymore. All we do is deception. The guy says he loves u cos he wants intimacy, d girl says she loves u cos she wants u to marry her. Deception!
omega25red:

dating is just that "dating" you can date fall in love have intimacy and meet the friends but what else are you doing to make sure the initial mutual intrest stays the same?
honestly though (poor excuse) men are wired to look for the newest and freshest girl because no matter how hot you look no matter how good your bed game is and all the other stuff our mind is always on what the next hot girl can do.

Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Sagamite(m): 9:11am On Mar 21, 2010
henryhemon:

Women think the d best they can offer in a relationship is n that's where d get it all wrong,even wen u don't f.u, c.k them,d give out 2 another dude.when a woman has strong personality,a man will nvr dump her,cuz he'll always want 2 be wit her cuz only few women ve it n he wil be proud of wat he got.
A dude i knw almost got crazy cuz of a woman he luvs n she went 2 give it 2some other guy n by d way d girl gives it 2 any guy dat cares.how then can he b commited?

I know a very cute girl, she herself told me this story, she was dating a guy that was crazy about her for a year. The guy was a very decent and nice guy (she said), a professional and eligible guy. She was a virgin at 24 years and even though the guy wanted to hit it, she said no and the guy caring about what she wants backed down despite the temptation and frustration of having a beautiful girl he is in love with, coming over and sleeping at his place every now and then.

They broke up after an argument a year into the relationship (the normal woman moaning palava she told me that I can not recall now). She had another toaster that had been disturbing her even before the break up ended, and 6 weeks after breaking up, she started dating this other toaster. He liked her but not as much as the first guy, actually she said she did not think the new guy loved her but liked her a lot. The new guy had more game (being more butch from my assessment) and coerced and turned her on until she gave in and had se.x with him after 2 months of dating. She told me she did it with him despite knowing she had no intention of marrying him, that it was just the way he made her feel from his dominating/manipulative self-assurance, swagger and confidence.

They broke up after 4 months and the first guy was back in town (his career involved a lot of travelling and being out of Nigeria hence part of the reason the fight was not ended), he called her and met up. They then got back together, only for her to reveal to him after a month what had happened. The poor guy was devastated.

I did not know either of the guys, I only knew her, but when she was telling me the story I was so pissed off for the sake of the first guy that I felt like slapping her (even though she is a nice and good girl).

She is now married to the first guy. I don't know how he could handle such betrayal of his patience, consideration and understanding even though she is a decent girl.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by martinosi: 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2010
brutal:

A real man will commit if he finds d right woman. . .

CO-SIGN

And i guess that the thread-starter is wondering why a particular guy does not
what to commiit to her lol!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by martinosi: 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2010
Be wary of Girls that talk in "Third Person" on Nairaland becos the "Third Person"
is usually them.

If you are a lady that is always being Dumped by a guy or always in pre-longed
relationships that dont lead to marriage

CHECK YOURSELF, U R DEFINITELY DOING SOMETHING WRONG
BUT MOST OF THE TIME ITS YOU CHARACTER & PERSONALITY THATS
ATTRACTING TROUBLE!!!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by martin1(m): 3:05pm On Mar 21, 2010
^well said my name sake. smiley
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by youngalex(m): 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2010
Guys like me are not afraid to commit,the question is who is worth the commitment:the one who indulges in lesbianism while insisting she's a virgin,dat one lady who dates a married colleague making him to keep late nites,she who pretends to love his fiancee but ran away when the bank sacked him,one that is inherently proud and arrogant,one dat likes frivolous expenses amidst dis financial crisis, The list is endless,these are my experience wit ladies who claim to be in love wit me.the question is-who shall i commit to? Physician heal thyself
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by harakiri(m): 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2010
Men are afraid to commit coz NO MAN EVER KNOWS THE WOMAN UNTIL AFTER MARRIAGE/KIDS! ! !

Period!

Woman always put up appearances during the dating phase but after a kid or two, that's when you realize that Angelina is actually Belshazzar. . .the Devil's advocate.If women could be a lil more truthful and drop the pretenses, perhaps men would take them more seriously!

Nuff said.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by OBLONG(m): 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2010
Men usually committ the moment a woman has[b] more than SEexX to offer,[/b] why committ to a woman who can only offer you SeExX ?!

Im sorry to burst your bubble but thats not a good enough reason for me to committ to you, I can have SExXD with anyone.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by OBLONG(m): 4:40pm On Mar 21, 2010
Tooo many women make relationships about Sexxx i have friends who can get engaged to a woman just ot have intimacy with her----- once they get have SOME good fccuking---- , engagement is OVER and life moves ON.

SO women need to WAKE UP and stop thinking with thier puhssies  wink
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by harakiri(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2010
OBLONG:

Men usually committ the moment a woman has[b] more than SEexX to offer, why committ to a woman who can only offer you SeExX ?! [/b]

Im sorry to burst your bubble but thats not a good enough reason for me to committ to you, I can have SExXD with anyone.

Thank you very much.I overlooked that.A lot of women think that once they are having seExX with a guy. . .they have given up their most priced "possession" (as if we don't have ours).
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by OBLONG(m): 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2010
harakiri:

Thank you very much.I overlooked that.A lot of women think that once they are having seExX with a guy. . .they have given up their most priced "possession" (as if we don't have ours).

abii oooh--- they think sexxx automatically equals committment and that means marriage, blah, blah, blah------- WRRONG!!!

Sex or no sex---- what does a woman really have to offer ?! thats the question that you should be asking ?! If nothing, then no matter what you do, you cannot get me to COMMIT--- heck naaau!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by henryhemon(m): 5:08pm On Mar 21, 2010
All ve been said,its not all about sex 4 d men that's where they get it wrong.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by NobiGod: 9:13pm On Mar 21, 2010
Sagamite na 2 ppl brains na God give only u one? See how ur postings dey spice Nairaland up.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Girl846(f): 2:35am On Mar 22, 2010
OBLONG:

Men usually committ the moment a woman has[b] more than SEexX to offer,[/b] why committ to a woman who can only offer you SeExX ?!

This is an eye-opener! But it makes soOo much sense! Everyone and anyone is having intimacy these days, from clueless teenagers to two people that do not even like or know eachother. It's a shame, but it has become nothing special. It will not assure you of a guys love or commitment. sad
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by na2day2(m): 3:40am On Mar 22, 2010
Diva 2.0:

You say like her, she says she likes you, you both go out. She meets your friends and you meet hers. You both engage in sexual activities, you like it but basically you don't want to put a ring on it. What is the point of dating and then falling in love, then call it quits for some odd reason? What are you afraid of?

if the milk is free why pay for it? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed moreover, u are asking a guy to surrender his freedom to a woman that will finally divorce him and make him broke; u think that is a quick easy decision? undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by ayettymama(f): 3:47am On Mar 22, 2010
^^ lolz

i seriously cant laff!!

at post most men are confused and dnt no what they want!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by na2day2(m): 3:51am On Mar 22, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ lolz

i seriously cant laff!!

at post most men are confused and dnt no what they want!

same can be said of women, do u want the money or do u want the love, can't have both sweetie wink wink
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by chic2pimp(m): 3:55am On Mar 22, 2010
@ POST

They ain't scared of nuffing they just ain't ready.
When they are ready and if you are the 'Right One' they'll let y'all know.
As the saying goes it's better safe than sorry wink
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by ayettymama(f): 3:55am On Mar 22, 2010
what money??

what u on abt??

did u read th post?
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by rerute1(m): 3:56am On Mar 22, 2010
Both d guys and d babes are involved in dis act. When d guy thinks he is making headways, don't be surprised dat d girl already has someone she wants to marry?
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by na2day2(m): 5:03am On Mar 22, 2010
chic2pimp:

@ POST

They ain't scared of nuffing they just ain't ready.
When they are ready  and if you are the 'Right One' they'll let y'all know.
As the saying goes it's better safe than sorry wink
[/quote

amen brother! wink wink

ayettymama:

what money??

what u on abt??

did u read th post?

--sighs-- i was using that to related with the idea women dont know what they want!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by iice(f): 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2010
harakiri:

Men are afraid to commit coz NO MAN EVER KNOWS THE WOMAN UNTIL AFTER MARRIAGE/KIDS! ! !

Period!

Woman always put up appearances during the dating phase but after a kid or two, that's when you realize that Angelina is actually Belshazzar. . .the Devil's advocate.If women could be a lil more truthful and drop the pretenses, perhaps men would take them more seriously!

Nuff said.

Not every woman has time to put up appearances. No be everybody get that kind time jare.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by ayettymama(f): 4:02pm On Mar 22, 2010
^^ not to mention if appearance is important the man is very shallow!!

run run run!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Mar 22, 2010
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit?

He still thinks he's a small boy. grin
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by na2day2(m): 6:31pm On Mar 22, 2010
ayettymama:

^^ not to mention if appearance is important the man is very shallow!!

run run run!

hypocrite, where u not the one that had ur pants down on a certain NL hottest guy thread? undecided undecided
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 22, 2010
Sagamite:

I know a very cute girl, she herself told me this story, she was dating a guy that was crazy about her for a year. The guy was a very decent and nice guy (she said), a professional and eligible guy. She was a virgin at 24 years and even though the guy wanted to hit it, she said no and the guy caring about what she wants backed down despite the temptation and frustration of having a beautiful girl he is in love with, coming over and sleeping at his place every now and then.

They broke up after an argument a year into the relationship (the normal woman moaning palava she told me that I can not recall now). She had another toaster that had been disturbing her even before the break up ended, and 6 weeks after breaking up, she started dating this other toaster. He liked her but not as much as the first guy, actually she said she did not think the new guy loved her but liked her a lot. The new guy had more game (being more butch from my assessment) and coerced and turned her on until she gave in and had se.x with him after 2 months of dating. She told me she did it with him despite knowing she had no intention of marrying him, that it was just the way he made her feel from his dominating/manipulative self-assurance, swagger and confidence.

They broke up after 4 months and the first guy was back in town (his career involved a lot of travelling and being out of Nigeria hence part of the reason the fight was not ended), he called her and met up. They then got back together, only for her to reveal to him after a month what had happened. The poor guy was devastated.

I did not know either of the guys, I only knew her, but when she was telling me the story I was so pissed off for the sake of the first guy that I felt like slapping her (even though she is a nice and good girl).

She is now married to the first guy. I don't know how he could handle such betrayal of his patience, consideration and understanding even though she is a decent girl.

And the buffoon of a man went on to marry that harlot? Decent girl my black arrse; don't make me throw up! Some guys should be castrated, and then shot.  It's these sort of wimps that embolden women to think they can always eat their cake and have it. Rubbbish.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by na2day2(m): 7:17pm On Mar 22, 2010
Sagamite:

if na play make u stop am ooo. wetin dey worry that 1st guy? hin need deliverance asap!
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 22, 2010
Because men are looking for something very few women can offer. Companionship, understanding, patience and a loving nature.
A lot of women spend too much time on their outward appearance and think that +  sex should be enough to earn them a ring. nothing could be farther from the truth.
Re: Why Are Guys So Afraid To Commit? by na2day2(m): 7:25pm On Mar 22, 2010
davidylan:

Because men are looking for something very few women can offer. Companionship, understanding, patience and a loving nature.
A lot of women spend too much time on their outward appearance and think that + should be enough to earn them a ring. nothing could be farther from the truth.

word!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Say Sumthin Nice About Our Great Nigerian Sisters! / Have You Ever Mistakenly Flirted With An Online Character Of The Same Gender? / Men Are Complex Creatures (female's Perspective):

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.